Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71259 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #450 on: June 16, 2016, 01:03:00 AM »
>If what this being said is true, perhaps the deathbringer is also partially responsible for this temperament. Either way, I wish I confirm it immediately and deal with it if it turns out to be true. As Motormaster has no powers of their own, the deathbringer in them should be easier to manage, though I'd still like all of us assembled before I try anything.

>How do you Motormaster doesn't have any powers of his own? Reisen asks.

« Reply #451 on: June 16, 2016, 01:44:52 AM »
>Well, that is what the being said, at least. I suppose she could have been truthful about one part and lying about the other, but I'd assumed not. I still intend to take as much firepower as we can muster.

« Reply #452 on: June 16, 2016, 02:07:14 AM »
>Well, that is what the being said, at least. I suppose she could have been truthful about one part and lying about the other, but I'd assumed not. I still intend to take as much firepower as we can muster.

>A wise precaution. Kiku says approvingly. Did this spirit also mention were this Motormaster can be found?

« Reply #453 on: June 16, 2016, 02:53:49 AM »
>She said she was currently at the Mana Tombs, with some friends. I don't know how large the place is, and I'd rather put as much distance between the deathbringer and civilians, if there indeed is one.

« Reply #454 on: June 16, 2016, 04:00:06 AM »
>She said she was currently at the Mana Tombs, with some friends. I don't know how large the place is, and I'd rather put as much distance between the deathbringer and civilians, if there indeed is one.

>The magician's graveyard. Kiku muses. I am familiar with it. It is relatively isolated, as far as things go in a city this size. If there is another deathbringer in our future, it would not be a bad place to fight one. At least in terms of collateral damage. The terrain may not be too advantageous to us.
>But fighting in a graveyard means that Motormaster and his crew won't be able to use their bikes to the best of their abilities, either. Reisen adds. If we have to fight them before any giant, that will be an edge.

« Reply #455 on: June 16, 2016, 04:07:39 AM »
>His crew are also collateral damage here, keep in mind. Once the deathbringer is free, I doubt any loyalties Motormaster currently has will matter very much.

« Reply #456 on: June 16, 2016, 04:18:05 AM »
>His crew are also collateral damage here, keep in mind. Once the deathbringer is free, I doubt any loyalties Motormaster currently has will matter very much.

>None of them are exactly innocent, either, Byakuren. Reisen says.

« Reply #457 on: June 16, 2016, 04:46:59 AM »
>Does that mean I should be indifferent to their deaths?

« Reply #458 on: June 16, 2016, 06:05:03 AM »
>Does that mean I should be indifferent to their deaths?

>The Lunarian rabbit is not prompt in reply. I suppose not.

« Reply #459 on: June 16, 2016, 06:14:28 AM »
>We'll figure something out. How quickly can the two of you be there?
>For that matter, how quickly can we?

« Reply #460 on: June 16, 2016, 06:40:34 AM »
>We'll figure something out. How quickly can the two of you be there?
>For that matter, how quickly can we?

>That's more than halfway across town. says Reisen. That won't be fast, even for Rider.
>Wouldn't flying be faster? Rin asks her.
>Reisen chuckles. You haven't seen what Rider can do. But maybe Glider might be faster... But I can tell you this, girls, I don't think we need to run ourselves into the ground getting there. If Motormaster's at that graveyard, that means him and his crew are consuming massive amounts of drugs or booze. They won't be leaving in a hurry.
>You're sure of this? Kiku asks.
>Everyone on the racing scene knows it.

>You aren't sure, as you don't know precisely where it is.

« Reply #461 on: June 16, 2016, 06:43:57 AM »
>We have a smartphone. We can find out precisely where it is; that's half the reason we even bought it

« Reply #462 on: June 16, 2016, 07:49:01 AM »
>We have a smartphone. We can find out precisely where it is; that's half the reason we even bought it

>The marvels of modern technology.
>Pulling up a map of the city, you find that the Tombs is a fair size of a graveyard. Lotta magicians must have died here over the years. By conventional means, it would take you well over an hour to get there, probably closer to two. Flying would take you around fifteen minutes if you went flat-out, give or take a minute either way.

« Reply #463 on: June 16, 2016, 07:57:19 AM »
>No need to go flat-out if it means getting there before anyone else does
>What about if we flew at a moderate pace?

>Even if we don't need to rush our fastest, the sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned.

« Reply #464 on: June 16, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »
>No need to go flat-out if it means getting there before anyone else does
>What about if we flew at a moderate pace?

>Even if we don't need to rush our fastest, the sooner the better, as far as I'm concerned.

>Anywhere between half an hour to an hour, depending on how fast you want to go. 'Quickly but not so quickly as to tire yourself out' pace would put you there in.... thirty-five minutes or so. But you and Rin are closer than either Kiku or Reisen. Depending on how quickyl they can move, you would estimate at least an hour for all of you to gather at that point.

>Do you suspect Motormaster will still be there in an hour? Kiku asks Reisen.
>I'd bet on it. I know that Motormaster himself has a reputation for being functional no matter how many poisons he's taken, but if he's with his crew, they don't bounce back as fast. In an hour, they'll still be there. As a matter of fact, they might even be less cognizant of reality than they are now. It won't make them easier to reason with, but it might make them easier to deal with the other way. Which is good, since it might take me an hour or so to get there.
>I as well.

« Reply #465 on: June 16, 2016, 08:17:32 AM »
>Very well. Then shall we meet outside the Mana Tombs in an hour or so, then?

« Reply #466 on: June 16, 2016, 08:24:30 AM »
>Very well. Then shall we meet outside the Mana Tombs in an hour or so, then?

>Agreed. Kiku says promptly.
>Reisen, for her part, is rather more subdued when she says, I'll be there.

« Reply #467 on: June 16, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »
>Then I shall see you there. And Kiku: please make sure to tell Satori first that Koishi is safe and sound. I'm sure it will be a relief to her.

« Reply #468 on: June 16, 2016, 08:49:29 AM »
>Then I shall see you there. And Kiku: please make sure to tell Satori first that Koishi is safe and sound. I'm sure it will be a relief to her.

>And to me as well. The thought of a repeat of that incident with another Komeji was entirely unappealing.

« Reply #469 on: June 16, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »
>You can say that again. Let's hope this one goes more smoothly.

>Then let's give Lily a call
>Lily?

« Reply #470 on: June 16, 2016, 10:22:38 AM »
>You can say that again. Let's hope this one goes more smoothly.

>Then let's give Lily a call
>Lily?

>Not much chance of that... Reisen mutters darkly.

>A very surprised yelp answers your call.

« Reply #471 on: June 16, 2016, 06:23:26 PM »
>Are you alright?

« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2016, 04:56:56 AM »
>Are you alright?

>Lily first replies with an inarticulate moan. Ju... Just a sec! she manages to stammer between other noises. Noises that sound rather similar to the ones you and Rin were coaxing from each other at times.

« Reply #473 on: June 17, 2016, 05:46:21 AM »
>Did we... did we not sense any of that 'pink' aura first that Kiku mentioned when she tried to contact us?
>Either way, give her her time

« Reply #474 on: June 17, 2016, 06:34:31 AM »
>Did we... did we not sense any of that 'pink' aura first that Kiku mentioned when she tried to contact us?
>Either way, give her her time

>Evidently not. Perhaps it only works when two ringbearers are in coitus? That's an area that might be a bit delicate to experiment with.
>It takes a couple of minutes before you hear from Lily again, the little blonde breathing heavily. Nice timing. she remarks with an audible smile.

« Reply #475 on: June 17, 2016, 06:36:16 AM »
>I'm dreadfully sorry for intruding.

« Reply #476 on: June 17, 2016, 06:52:07 AM »
>I'm dreadfully sorry for intruding.

>What's up?

« Reply #477 on: June 17, 2016, 07:04:44 AM »
>I've received information that another deathbringer may be inhabiting someone in the city. I plan to confront them and - if true - drive the deathbringer out and deal with it. I'd like us all assembled beforehand - no unnecessary chances.

« Reply #478 on: June 17, 2016, 07:15:54 AM »
>I've received information that another deathbringer may be inhabiting someone in the city. I plan to confront them and - if true - drive the deathbringer out and deal with it. I'd like us all assembled beforehand - no unnecessary chances.

>Another... what?

« Reply #479 on: June 17, 2016, 07:21:01 AM »
>Like the entity that was in Satori, sorry.