Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 71201 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2016, 09:59:32 PM »
>I promised Haruka the other night that I would investigate the remains of the devouring tar to make sure there were no further signs of activity from it, or in the vicinity. But also, I wanted to take a look at Koishi, like Satori asked.

>Ah yes, she works there. That had slipped my mind. Kiku admits.

« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2016, 10:09:28 PM »
>I'm hoping, quite frankly, that the day will pass without incident at all.

« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »
>I'm hoping, quite frankly, that the day will pass without incident at all.

Furthur incident, you mean.

« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:28 PM »
>Yes. Give us some time to take care of things without bouncing from emergency to emergency.

« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2016, 12:23:21 AM »
>Yes. Give us some time to take care of things without bouncing from emergency to emergency.

>Indeed. I'm going to have enough on my plate today without anything else cropping up.

« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2016, 12:42:55 AM »
>I imagine so. In any case, if either of you stumble onto anything suspicious at the shrine, let me know immediately - even if you're not fully sure yet. The fewer risks any of us take, the better.

« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2016, 01:01:01 AM »
>I imagine so. In any case, if either of you stumble onto anything suspicious at the shrine, let me know immediately - even if you're not fully sure yet. The fewer risks any of us take, the better.

>Understood. Reisen replies, while Kiku gives you a monosyllabic noise of acknowledgement.

« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2016, 01:27:37 AM »
>Then may the universe be kind to us today.
>Mosey onward!

« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2016, 09:52:05 PM »
>Then may the universe be kind to us today.
>Mosey onward!

>Signing off with Reisen and Kiku, you fill Rin in on what your partners had to say. Your kasha voices a similar opinion regarding her hope that things remain clear. After all, a demon attack would absolutely ruin her meeting her mistresses' daughter.
>The bus disgorges the two of you a little over half an hour later, and after a short stroll down a snow-dusted sidewalk, you find yourself once again in front of the Center for the Recently Ascended. No unpleasant odor or sensation crosses your senses this time, save the frigid wind of this winter afternoon. A street performer sits against the wall near the main doors, a young-ish man in a black jacket with mud-colored hair and a scraggly goatee. He is presently coaxing an ancient folk song out of a old ehru, filling the air around the building with a lovely, if somewhat melancholy, sound. Hard to tell if the people inside are enjoying it or not, but the two young women standing in front of him certainly seem to be.

« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2016, 11:11:33 PM »
>Business first. We need to speak with one of the higher-ups for access to the basement, and since they already know that 'Lotus' helped take care of an incident down there, it would probably be easiest if Lotus was the one to inquire.
>Let's go find somewhere sheltered to transform, and then head into the CRA and see if we can go speak to Hironobu for a moment
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:06:47 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2016, 01:52:03 AM »
>Business first. We need to speak with one of the higher-ups for access to the basement, and since they already know that 'Lotus' helped take care of an incident down there, it would probably be easiest if Lotus was the one to inquire.
>Let's go find somewhere sheltered to transform, and then head into the CRA and see if we can go speak to Hironobu for a moment

>It takes a little walking to find somewhere without either prying eyes or cameras, taking the form of the back end of the dumpster situated along the north wall of the CRA. Hardly glamorous, sometimes, is the life of a henshin-hero. Leaving the fragrant wheelie bin behind, you and Magical White Rose enter into the Center.
>The carpet has been changed since the last time you were here. Its dimensions are identical to the old one, but this one is a dull blue. Neither is Kikuri manning the desk today. A young man with thin brown wings, thinner brown hair, a rust-colored suit and a somewhat sour expression greets you as you enter and inquire into the availability of the man in charge.
>"Hhh, boss's off today." he rumbles in a gravelly voice. "Business at the big house. Uh, I could see if Hatoko's available for yer?"

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2016, 02:02:21 AM »
>"If you would, please."

« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2016, 02:12:07 AM »
>"If you would, please."

>The balding youkai grunts then picks up a phone next to him. As he punches in a number, he squints at you. "Yer look kinda familyer. I seen yer around here?"

« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2016, 02:20:07 AM »
>We don't actually recognize him, right? At least not especially.
>Assuming so: "It's possible. I've been here once or twice before."

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2016, 02:32:31 AM »
>We don't actually recognize him, right? At least not especially.
>Assuming so: "It's possible. I've been here once or twice before."

>You do not.
>The youkai rumbles out a thoughtful noise before speaking into his phone. "Ma'am? There's a.... What'd you say yer name wus?" he asks you.

« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2016, 02:34:02 AM »
>"Lotus."

« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2016, 02:49:24 AM »

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2016, 02:55:38 AM »
>"It's that, too."

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2016, 02:58:00 AM »
>"It's that, too."

>With a grunt and a shrug the man says. "Lotus here t... Oh yer herd. Right. Right. Right." The balding bird hangs up his phone. "She'll be down in a minit."

« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2016, 03:06:29 AM »
>"Thank you very much."
>Let's wait for Hatoko

« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »
>"Thank you very much."
>Let's wait for Hatoko

>The balding man grunts again and returns to a stack of papers placed to his left. A stack of sudoku puzzles, you note.
>Hatoko doesn't keep you waiting long, and emerges from the door on the right scant minutes later. The colorful youkai is wearing another bright kimono today, this one a white and blue affair with purple floral patterns. The really impressive thing is that it manages not to clash with her multihued hair and wings. "Lotus!" she exclaims upon seeing you again. "And a new friend with another lovely outfit. How are you both?"

« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2016, 07:29:00 PM »
>"Quite fine, thank you. And yourself?"

« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2016, 07:56:48 PM »
>"Quite fine, thank you. And yourself?"

>"A little chilly." the bright-winged bird says with a somewhat helpless smile. "I don't think I've known it to be this cold in this city before."

« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2016, 08:15:43 PM »
>"It feels like winter's come early this year."
>Quietly, assuming we're reasonably out of earshot: "In any case, I was hoping we might be able to get access to the basement again for another few minutes."

« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
>"It feels like winter's come early this year."
>Quietly, assuming we're reasonably out of earshot: "In any case, I was hoping we might be able to get access to the basement again for another few minutes."

>Hatoko's face changes quickly, all business. "More trouble?

« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2016, 09:25:18 PM »
>"Not as far as I know, thankfully. I just wanted to confirm that the original problem was well and truly gone, now that some time has passed. It's simply a precautionary measure."

« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2016, 10:42:27 PM »
>"Not as far as I know, thankfully. I just wanted to confirm that the original problem was well and truly gone, now that some time has passed. It's simply a precautionary measure."

>Hatoko appears not to be worried, but she does ask, "Does this have anything to do with that sheet of lead we found outside the salt pool?"

« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »
>"Yes, actually. Did you do anything with it?"

« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2016, 11:19:11 PM »
>"Yes, actually. Did you do anything with it?"

>"We couldn't." Hatoko says with a frown. "It seems to be fused to the floor somehow."

« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2016, 11:25:07 PM »
>"Well, I'd like to take a look at it, if that's alright?"