Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4  (Read 69367 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4, Part 4
« Reply #990 on: September 16, 2016, 11:25:03 AM »
>Give Rin's hand a squeeze
>"Thank you."
>"Thank you everyone, truly. None of this would have been possible with you."

>The kasha squeezes your hand in return, and cuddles up a little closer to you. Kiku smiles faintly and inclines her head. "You don't need to thank me, Lotus. This is what I do." she says in a rather warm tone, especially for her. Lily, for her part, answers you with a snore.
>Rin chuckles at the sound. "Talk about being able to sleep anywhere."

« Reply #991 on: September 16, 2016, 11:35:19 AM »
>Smile
>"Such a light-hearted spirit."

« Reply #992 on: September 16, 2016, 12:08:50 PM »
>Smile
>"Such a light-hearted spirit."

>"And yet hardy enough to fight Blackbloods and demons. Who would've thought?" Kiku muses. The tiger sits down upon the snow cross-legged. "You know, Byakuren, it occurs to me, now that I know there are Brightbloods in the city, that we may have an opportunity to acquire more allies in our struggles."
>"These Brightbloods," Rin asks her. "They're, like, the opposite of Blackbloods?"
>"In the simplest terms, yes. As Blackbloods claim to carry the blood of devils, Brightbloods claim to carry the blood of angels and other Heavenly creatures. What few Brightbloods have been documented as such in our history have all been heroes of one kind or another. The famous vampire hunter Hannah Fernandez, for instance, was a Brightblood."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:34:16 PM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #993 on: September 16, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »
>"I'm certainly not opposed to more allies, but do you think their power will hold up against a Champion any better than anyone else's magic has?"
>"Not that they're the only things we've had to worry about lately, I guess."

« Reply #994 on: September 17, 2016, 03:50:44 AM »
>"I'm certainly not opposed to more allies, but do you think their power will hold up against a Champion any better than anyone else's magic has?"
>"Not that they're the only things we've had to worry about lately, I guess."

>"I think there's a chance. Assuming that their belief that they carry holy blood is true. You see, the Champions have mentioned more than once that they have enemies among the 'celestials'. If they refer to the entities whose blood the Brightbloods carry, then they may also carry the power of the Champions' enemies."
>"And even if they don't," she says as she adjust her posture, "They could still help us battle the Avatars, leaving us free to focus on the Champions themselves."

« Reply #995 on: September 17, 2016, 03:59:53 AM »
>"I certainly wouldn't say no to extra help. If there's any lesson to take away from today's battle, it's that our enemies can still be even stronger than we expect."

« Reply #996 on: September 17, 2016, 07:35:09 AM »
>"I certainly wouldn't say no to extra help. If there's any lesson to take away from today's battle, it's that our enemies can still be even stronger than we expect."

>"And will be. We were very lucky today, Lotus. If we had been forced to fight any one of those Blackbloods at the same time as Motormaster, we very well could have lost."
>"I don't think so." Rin disagrees. "You saw how Motormaster fought. I know how he was. He wouldn't have cared about his allies safety. He would have been as dangerous to his partners as he would have been to us."
>Kiku thinks about that, then nods. "You may well have a point there. But to return to the first point, the problem with cooperating with Brightbloods is finding them. They tend to keep very, very low profiles. I suspect Reisen only recognized the one she did from her experience with the Bllod. Tell me Byakuren, do you believe she would be willing to talk about her experiences? The knowledge she possesses could greatly increase what we at the Four Shrines know."

« Reply #997 on: September 17, 2016, 07:51:25 AM »
>"I am... not certain. But under the circumstances, I think it fair to ask."

« Reply #998 on: September 17, 2016, 08:19:52 AM »
>"I am... not certain. But under the circumstances, I think it fair to ask."

>"And, if she agrees, depending on how much information she can provide, it is possible the Superiors of our group may be willing to compensate her for it. As you are her legal owner, that would mean making the offer to you."

« Reply #999 on: September 17, 2016, 08:39:16 AM »
>"I can play intermediary for whatever is legally required, but the choice is ultimately hers."

« Reply #1000 on: September 17, 2016, 09:49:05 AM »
>"I can play intermediary for whatever is legally required, but the choice is ultimately hers."

>"Of course. I was simply alerting you to the possibility. Though I suppose a famous model such as yourself may not need compensation as much as the next woman."
>Rin gives her fellow catgirl a grin. "Was that a joke?"
>"Merely an observation." the tiger replies with a perfectly straight face.

« Reply #1001 on: September 18, 2016, 12:35:06 AM »
>"I am fairly comfortable... for a high-school student."