Author Topic: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016  (Read 41667 times)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Re: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
It seems that the Hakurei Sake Brewery out from Kyoto will be selling special sake at the event as well, for those of you who are into that sort of thing: https://twitter.com/maisan_t/status/718737417809702913

"Ibuki" for 2200 yen and "Musou" for 3800 yen.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2016, 02:18:01 AM »
It seems that the Hakurei Sake Brewery out from Kyoto will be selling special sake at the event as well, for those of you who are into that sort of thing: https://twitter.com/maisan_t/status/718737417809702913

"Ibuki" for 2200 yen and "Musou" for 3800 yen.

The worst part about buying something like that is probably I couldn't bear to open it and drink it. So it'll probably become rice vinegar at some point. The fact I live in a place with room temperatures around 28-29 degrees with no wine chiller probably doesn't help too.

btw Forza, how far ahead should we confirm the dinner on the 6th? I think we should set a deadline to confirm attendance for the various people heading up to JP in time for it.

N-Forza

« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2016, 07:26:24 AM »
Unless you had a specific place in mind, I could probably arrange stuff as early as the day before.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2016, 08:21:16 AM »
Ah, no need to fuss about it now then. Thanks in advance!

Speaking of which, how many of you guys are planning to go queue for Zun's new CD? I wasn't expecting an official release but I think I'll pass up on it this time.

Also, is there a... maximum number of copies you are allowed to purchase from each circle? I've got a few friends back home interested in overlapping circles and I'm concerned it will look weird if i swept 5 of the same CDs/illustration books from the table. I don't know if there's any unspoken agreement for Reitaisai con-goers with regards to this so if anyone knows I'd appreciate some advice.

N-Forza

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2016, 08:42:26 AM »
I have bought 10 of the same item on multiple occasions. Unless it's from a popular wall circle and they've announced a purchase limit, they rarely restrict how much money you can throw at them.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2016, 02:36:46 PM »
Speaking of which, how many of you guys are planning to go queue for Zun's new CD? I wasn't expecting an official release but I think I'll pass up on it this time.

I'm going for it *flexes muscles*

CenturyEgg

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2016, 07:15:55 AM »
Oh hey, someone boxed up the map into categories. This looks helpful for general browsing once you have sniped the specific circles you want to greet.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/tohomemory/archives/47371820.html

Also, I realized too late there was a special addon ticket which could be purchased for early entry to use the changing rooms. QAQ Such a pity but noting that down as a reference for subsequent Reitaisai (If I have the fortune to participate again of course)

I'm going for it *flexes muscles*

Best of luck!

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »
I took the liberty of subbing the map(mostly) so that we gaijins don't have to rack our brains trying to read moon on the day itself (I know my brain will fail me...)

looks like this
whole map here(imgur link)
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

CenturyEgg

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2016, 01:44:30 AM »
I took the liberty of subbing the map(mostly) so that we gaijins don't have to rack our brains trying to read moon on the day itself (I know my brain will fail me...)

looks like this
whole map here(imgur link)

Thanks! The one booth dedicated to the mochi in the opening of LOLK screen kills me.

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2016, 06:59:49 AM »
Hi, I've been an occasional lurker, but since Reitaisai happens to coincide with my (extended) golden week trip to Tokyo, I figured I take advantage of the opportunity and attend, especially since this is probably the last time in years I'm going to be on this side of the world. As far as events in Japan go, I've only been to a small one in Fukuoka, and I found that one pretty overwhelming. I'd be really happy to meet up with some people from this forum, if you don't mind.

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »
In my case, I cannot attend the event, but I'm interested in a couple of things that are going to be released on the Reitaisai.

About that, I'm wondering which people are acting as proxy here to buy things directly from the event (instead of waiting until the articles can be purchased in stores), for those who can't attend.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2016, 01:04:02 AM »
Hi, I've been an occasional lurker, but since Reitaisai happens to coincide with my (extended) golden week trip to Tokyo, I figured I take advantage of the opportunity and attend, especially since this is probably the last time in years I'm going to be on this side of the world. As far as events in Japan go, I've only been to a small one in Fukuoka, and I found that one pretty overwhelming. I'd be really happy to meet up with some people from this forum, if you don't mind.

Gladly! If you tldr'd the previous posts, there is a dinner meet on the night of the 6th of May, that should make looking for you marginally easier on the actual day of RTS since we'd actually know what you look like haha. Any specific activities in mind this Reitaisai?

In my case, I cannot attend the event, but I'm interested in a couple of things that are going to be released on the Reitaisai.

About that, I'm wondering which people are acting as proxy here to buy things directly from the event (instead of waiting until the articles can be purchased in stores), for those who can't attend.

What works do you have in mind? If it coincides with booths I am already planning to hit I don't mind picking up an extra copy . Incidentally, where are you from Lightmaster?

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2016, 01:09:44 AM »
Quote from: CenturyEgg
What works do you have in mind? If it coincides with booths I am already planning to hit I don't mind picking up an extra copy . Incidentally, where are you from Lightmaster?

My main priority is this:

http://projectshion.xxxxxxxx.jp/ATG2/

I could also be interested in Dr. Latency's Freak Report, but that's not high priority for me.

In another note, I'm from Colombia.

N-Forza

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2016, 03:48:45 AM »
BTW, if anyone is free on the 7th, there's going to be a Touhou jazz concert going on in Tokyo. I don't have the details on hand but I can easily look around if anyone else is interested.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2016, 12:42:44 PM »
BTW, if anyone is free on the 7th, there's going to be a Touhou jazz concert going on in Tokyo. I don't have the details on hand but I can easily look around if anyone else is interested.

That sounds pretty cool. Which group is performing?

My main priority is this:

http://projectshion.xxxxxxxx.jp/ATG2/

I could also be interested in Dr. Latency's Freak Report, but that's not high priority for me.

In another note, I'm from Colombia.

I'm not planning to hit that booth. I'll let the post hang around abit to see if anyone else is gonna go for it. If no one else replies I'll see what I can do. Pm ya if I get it for your details and etc

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:06 PM »
Gladly! If you tldr'd the previous posts, there is a dinner meet on the night of the 6th of May, that should make looking for you marginally easier on the actual day of RTS since we'd actually know what you look like haha. Any specific activities in mind this Reitaisai?
I'd love to join for dinner. Thanks for extending the invitation.

As far as Reitaisai activities, there are a couple doujin circles I'd theoretically like to get books from, but I have no idea how popular they are. (One of them is up against the wall so I'm assuming popular...) I'll probably try to hit those first thing. Aside from that, I don't really have any idea what to expect so it's kind of hard to formulate a battle plan. How easy is it to just kind of...browse?

N-Forza

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2016, 01:34:28 PM »
Not all wall circles are so popular as to sell out right away, but it probably would be a good idea to hit them first.

Browsing is totally doable, although it's easier near the end of the event when the crowds start to thin out. You might want to use that map Vento posted earlier to help find areas you'd probably like browsing more.

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »
That sounds pretty cool. Which group is performing?

I'm not planning to hit that booth. I'll let the post hang around abit to see if anyone else is gonna go for it. If no one else replies I'll see what I can do. Pm ya if I get it for your details and etc
Ah, okay. Thanks for the information anyways.

If someone is going closer to this booth, please tell me. Otherwise, I can wait when the soundtrack is on stores.

N-Forza

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »
Okay, here's the details for the jazz concert: http://jamming.kakeruichi.mydns.jp/

Starts at 6 PM on the 7th. 2000 yen entry + purchase of one drink (500 yen probably). It'll be at Shimo-Kitazawa, accessible from Shibuya and Shinjuku. You need to contact them ahead of time to make reservations, so if anyone wants to go, let me know and I'll handle it.

Bands:
Twitter Tohobu loves SOS -Sound of Swing- (Basically a combination of members from two different circles. tanigon, from Twitter Tohobu is fantastic)
Accord on Codes
Unity-Gain
thj.quartet

CenturyEgg

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2016, 01:18:57 AM »
Pardon my lack of understanding, but is it some sort of bar/liveband thing? Or an actual concert setup?

I'm slightly concerned about waking up in time for Reitaisai the next day though haha. Decisions decisions

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2016, 01:47:15 AM »
Okay, here's the details for the jazz concert: http://jamming.kakeruichi.mydns.jp/

Unity-Gain and Tanigon? Count me in! I'm also interested in meeting up for dinner, and I'm not really on a budget.

I'll be arriving in Japan on the afternoon of the 5th and leaving on the 10th. I'm going to hit a lot of the touristy places like Tokyo Tower and the shopping districts, but also hope to check out some of the scenic areas like Mt. Mitake, and if it's not too ambitious, Hitachi Seaside Park. I'd also like to hit up some of the notable arcades like Club Sega and Taito Station, and hopefully belt it out at a karaoke joint... Speaking of which, anyone know of a place that might have Sound Holic in the selection?

I don't have a solid itinerary set, so if anyone wants to meet up for sightseeing, shopping, etc., let me know and we'll set some plans!

N-Forza

« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2016, 02:44:58 AM »
Pretty sure it's a bar-type set-up, so there probably won't be a proper stage or anything really. It shouldn't run too terribly late, but if you wanted to get up at the crack of dawn the next day, then it might not be the best idea to stay until it ends, especially if it takes a while to get back to your lodging.

Also, I don't think it'd be a good idea to do dinner on that night either, due to the lateness of everything. We should still be doing something dinner-wise on the 6th though.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2016, 04:31:20 AM »
Sold. Sign me up for the jazz thing.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2016, 09:38:04 AM »
So, I assume the 6th of May dinner will be an MotK dinner? Yes?

Can people confirm this who are roaming in Tokyo? 

CenturyEgg

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »
Yes it seems like it will be on the 6th. And I will be attending

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2016, 01:39:02 AM »
I'm absolutely going to dinner.

I'd also like to go to the jazz thing if it's not too late.

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2016, 01:41:01 AM »
Dinner on the 6th was what I had meant to say haha

I would deeply appreciate your help making reservations for the Jazz show, Forza. If you can make that happen, first round of drinks is on me :D

N-Forza

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2016, 02:01:44 AM »
Okay, so that's 4 for jazz so far. I'll wait a couple more days to see if there are any others interested and send the reservation off.

« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2016, 03:00:17 PM »
 お邪魔します!
(Sorry for disturbing!)

Hello guys. I am new here. I kind of came to find this topic. :)
I am currently doing my internship in Osaka, but since it is a chance in a lifetime, I am going to Tokyo on the 6th of may until sunday evening, mainly to attend the RTS.
I quickly went through all the messages posted so far. It sounds like that is something you ought to be very well-prepared for. That is going to be my first RTS, and I admit that it is a bit disconcerting for me. I really wanted to find some folks to go there, since my Japanese level is still terrible, but now, it looks like I have got another reason for it. :V
If there is a dinner on the 6th, I shall join you for sure ! I am currently feeling like a little kouhai who needs assistance. :3
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:16:07 PM by Adrihard »

N-Forza

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2016, 02:27:09 AM »
Okay, it would be best if we could get a solid headcount for dinner on the 6th. It'd be in Shibuya sometime after 7:30 (closer to 8 even). I'll keep a list here; post if you can/can't make it by the 4th, please, preferably with a budget of some kind.

Me
Adrihard
CenturyEgg
Urotsuki
Helepolis(?)
ellainna

Also, list for the jazz concert on the 7th. I'll probably make reservations tonight/tomorrow.
Me
Urotsuki
ellainna
CenturyEgg
Vento
Vyrien
Adrihard
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:10:12 AM by N-Forza »