Author Topic: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016  (Read 41290 times)

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
Re: Reitaisai 13 - 8th May 2016
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2016, 05:00:49 AM »
Hello! +1 to the motk search party haha. I'm sure we'll meet on the RTS location. Maybe on the day itself we should post identifiers here. Like OOTD or something, so it is easier to find each other (especially for non boothers)

As for a meetup after Rts, I'm definitely open to the idea haha. Maybe we could go doujin hunting together at Akiba and have a meal afterwards?

Edit: Seeing that my photographer friend can't make it for this RTS, I don't think the hacostadium trip I mentioned earlier will materialize. Unless of course anyone here is interested in it and doesn't mind indulging in abit of cosplay photography haha.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:42:31 AM by CenturyEgg »

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 02:05:24 AM »
I'll be in Tokyo for 5 nights (should arrive on the night of the 6th) and my itinerary is wide open. I just googled hacostadium, and I definitely want to go! I was thinking about bringing along a Nikon D3100 (although its awfully bulky), but I would bring along a good camera and wouldn't mind doing a photo shoot.

I don't know who I'd cosplay as now that I've cut my hair, but it still might be fun. Who will you be cosplaying as, CenturyEgg?

CenturyEgg

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 03:39:01 AM »
I'll be cosplaying as Tenshi for Reitaisai. A camera would be pretty good to bring to Reitaisai I think! Hacostadium would require abit more equipment like a couple of speedlites and pocket wizards. (At least according to my friend) I haven't decided exactly what to bring for the Hacostadium shoot cause my friend cancelled on me, but I suppose a half day pass isn't bad. I could bring one extra costume in my luggage or something, if you don't mind doing photography for a guy :V

I think It'll be better to sort of the Hacostadium plans via pm so we don't clog up the forum tho haha

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 09:57:40 AM »
Anyone planning to go to the JApan Game Music Orchestra on 3rd May?  http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/17101584.html
There's a Touhou collaboration, this is the setlist i think? people were saying it was considerate of them to have it after the reitaisai deadline for printing heheh

Bad Apple!!

Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea
Beloved Tomboyish Daughter
UN Owen was her?
Septette for the dead princess

Necrofantasia
Bloom Nobly, Ink-Black Cherry Blossom ~ Border of Life
Doll Judgement
Phantom Ensemble

Maiden's capriccio ~ Dream Battle
Reach for the moon, Immortal smoke
Love Coloured Master Spark
Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess

The gensokyo the Gods loved
Wind God Girl
Faith is for the transient people
Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall

Hartmann's Youkai Girl
Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion
Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye

Broken Moon
Gensokyo Millennium ~ History of the Moon
Native Faith
Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

and see you guys at こ38a i guess :v
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

CenturyEgg

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »
Circle list is up. Congrats to vento, helepolis and Forza! Time to ready the battleplans

http://s.reitaisai.com/rts13/name-penname/

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2016, 10:59:07 AM »
Took them long enough to announce it but I got in so it's all cool.

Vento: I already got tickets for the SS section. Would've been SSS but they were sold out by the time I got home rofl (also it's "Tomboy in Love")

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2016, 11:16:28 AM »
I'm interested in the orchestra thing but I have no idea how easy it is to buy tickets for it...

And congrats everyone!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »
I don't consider my self a circle and am more like indebted to Ryuu & Waru but it seems their space is at か23a + b.

There is a very convenient map someone or group is making every year of the entire Reitaisai. Far better than the one you get from the Catalogue. Is that one up already?

CenturyEgg

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »
I don't consider my self a circle and am more like indebted to Ryuu & Waru but it seems their space is at か23a + b.

There is a very convenient map someone or group is making every year of the entire Reitaisai. Far better than the one you get from the Catalogue. Is that one up already?

Sounds convenient haha. But this is my maiden rts so I am ignorant of these things.

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2016, 01:45:36 PM »

It usually shows up after the official catalogue comes out, so it'll probably appear in April.

ZUN's attending again this year... :3 if he brings a new Hifuu CD along I might have to start queuing at 6am.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2016, 02:36:42 PM »
That set list makes me incredibly sad in how safe it is. :(
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

CenturyEgg

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 07:27:03 AM »
Speaking in more detail with regard to battleplans, when the layout becomes available it would be wise to plan a movement route to visit the booths? Do any of the veteran Reitaisai participants have any tips on how to best tackle hitting multiple booths that may be quite popular (Or likely to sell out)? Or should I resign myself to not getting first picks especially since my first 15-20 minutes will be spent getting into costume.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:00:44 AM by CenturyEgg »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 11:50:21 AM »
Hmmm, expect extremely popular regular circles to sell out 30 - 40minutes when the event starts. Larger or famous circles might rack plenty of stock but still I bet about an hour for them too. Ask Forza about his knowledge of popular music circles :V. ZUN last year sold out in about an hour if I am not mistaking.

As Reitaisai rules go, you're not suppose to be in cosplay costume before the event, at least that is what they ask you (and quite a lot of people ignore). Cosplaying is set to a fixed time somewhere close to noon where the participants have plenty of time to change / dress up. I wouldn't be worrying about this part much. It is probably most leisure moment of the event as far as I have seen. Last year I had it easy. I just put on an afro, 30 seconds work. :V

Planning a route to each booth is highly advised for two reasons: Enjoyment and efficiency. The way it is: there are halls 東-1 2 3  on one side and 4 5 6 on the other. The two sides divide the circle listing into Latin characters A 02a etc or Japanese あ 02a etc. All hiragana marked circles are stowed into one side of the building and the normal character on the other side. So if you have 5 favourite circles at hiragana and 5 at other, you might want to first handle one group before moving. It won't be a disaster when you miss a booth or go random through them, though you don't want to cross sides all the time. Once the map is up, you can see what I mean.

Unless of course there are circles you must visit because of sell-out danger. Then well yea, unless you can get them in the stores post-reitaisai, I wouldn't really stress if I were you. You could always ask Forza to deliver them later on.

My own personal goal: Set a few booths to visit for greetings. Stroll a lot and enjoy. I usually don't buy much from Reitaisai so for me the enjoyment of walking around and observing is quite delightful.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 12:53:06 PM by Helepolis »

CenturyEgg

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2016, 01:31:20 PM »
As Reitaisai rules go, you're not suppose to be in cosplay costume before the event, at least that is what they ask you (and quite a lot of people ignore). Cosplaying is set to a fixed time somewhere close to noon where the participants have plenty of time to change / dress up.

Wait so if I am not misunderstanding you here, you enter the hall at about 10-11am for normal participants but you cant change til 12? If that is the case it might actually work pretty okay for me hmmmm I can go queue for stuff from A-One  and Tokyo active neets first

N-Forza

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »
A-One usually doesn't sell out, but NEETs did for their new release last time. If you hit them up before 1, it should be fine.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 07:00:46 PM »
Ok seems I have mistaken bit about the cosplay but regardless there is no reason to hurry.

This is a photo from 2015 Reitaisai catalogue:
[attach=1]

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2016, 07:51:44 PM »
Those of you who wanted that map of Reitaisai with the circle names added, looks like it's already up! Get planning!

When making your battle plan, I recommend prioritising circles with event only goods or extras first, in order of how badly you need them in your life. The huge wall circles will have their stuff in melonbooks/toranoana afterwards, and usually stock enough to last pretty far into the event. (My goal? Shop my socks off, then visit people in the afternoon.)

Also those of you interested in other fandoms, there's a kancolle event, a madoka magica event and a magic the gathering tournament on at the same time. I've got some friends in the kancolle event, so I'm wondering whether it's worth grabbing the catalogue for that too and going in to see them...

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2016, 06:21:08 AM »
Fast map is fast. Time to start checking if my favourite artists are attending or not.

Edit:

Is it me or is it going to be quite crowded this year? Looking at the map and comparing it with 2015 it seems Hall 3 is completely lost. Corporate booths got also squashed against the regular circles. And all the circles are more packed against each other.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:53:29 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 02:53:33 AM »
I was nervous that there would be a Touhou bust before my first trip to japan, so I'm happy to see a lot of my favorite music circles attending. Hoping to buy as many rock, jazz, and metal albums as I can fit in my luggage (and maybe a game or three) ! What price should I expect full-length music CDs to sell for?

What kind of goods can we expect at the booths run by Forza, Helepolis and Vento? (Congrats on your booths :D )

N-Forza

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 06:00:03 AM »
Most CDs run for 1000 yen, although it can range from 500 to 1500 depending on format (pressed/CD-R) and number of discs.

I've asked someone to design a new plastic file folder design and someone else offered to draw a (mostly textless) comic, so I should have those two items if everything goes well.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 11:56:32 AM »
Thanks for the congratulations but I didn't do any thing so I haven't really achieved anything.  I need to purely thank Waru for accepting my offer to be a "circle member". I am joining as booth helper only. But thanks. At Ryuuichi and Warugaki's booth you expect doujin manga only.

Also, don't worry. Close to Reitaisai most artists release on Pixiv or Twitter a flyer kind of post / image which displays everything they are selling and for how much. That way you can make a rough estimation for things.

Helpful tip: Carry 100 yen coins and 500 aside from only bills. Having bills is no problem, but artists don't always have enough change in the beginning so it would both help them and you. Well, don't worry much about this but when something is 400 yen, paying 4 coins or 1x 500 is easier than giving them a 1000 bill.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:44:13 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:20 AM »
Sounds good, Forza. Looking forward to picking up a file and comic (especially considering I can't read moonrunes)

You're pretty modest, Helepolis. You'll be aiding the artists who have produced work you really enjoy (i assume). I'd imagine it makes the experience easier for the circle and the consumers. You will have achieved supporting something you feel is worthwhile... You're also driving sales since I'll stop by the booth to make a purchase now (and not paying with a 1000 yen note; your tips rock!)

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2016, 07:58:15 PM »
Hello gentlemen (and ladies)!

Me and my friend plan to go to RTS, as part of our trip to Japan (our first one). I joined the forum to ask you guys about RTS, do we need tickets to enter? If yes, where is it possible to buy them?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
You need to physically purchase the 'Reitaisai Catalogue' for about 2000 円 which is sold practically in any major doujin store (Animate, Toranoa, Melons. Example, the old 2015 catalogue). It both functions as a guide (list of all the booths, rules and advertisement for events) + as a valid entrance ticket.

When you enter the Big Sight 東 Halls, there will be a lot of staff shouting you to hold up your catalogue visibly. Show it to them and enter the halls. That is it. Same rule applies when moving between the Latin and Kana booth halls, more shouting staff members (ry.

Circle members get a special sticker which they attach to their body, clothing or badge. (These aren't sold. The ones you see on the internet are black market illegally offered).

While in Tokyo, hit Akihabara and visit the stores to look for it. One catalogue per person required. Multiple people can't enter with the same catalogue. If you fail to buy one before the event (which is hard unless you're like 1 day before the event in Tokyo), you can buy them at the event, but this would be wasting your precious time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:03:30 PM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2016, 09:38:45 AM »
My itinerary has been completed and the 2nd of May + 6th of May afternoon there is potential free time for me. Meaning any group activity or get-together is possible on these two dates.

I have no specific wishes or places to go in Tokyo, so I'll leave it up to those who wish to propose something.

Regarding dinner, I think it is perhaps nice to have a dinner together, but we need to make sure our party-size is known so Forza can effectively judge a good place to eat?

N-Forza

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 09:52:24 AM »
It's a combination of finding a good place to eat and making reservations. A rough budget would be nice to know too, since it's real hard to get decent yakuniku for less than 3000 yen a head (just an example).

I just realized that the 2nd and 6th are in fact work days, so I'd only be available for evenings, but that means I could do dinner easily enough, maybe hit up an arcade afterwards. If we meet up in Ikebukuro, I know the doujin shops are open there fairly late if anyone wanted to do some pre-gaming.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42:53 AM »
Great! I land on the morn of the 6th and should get my hotel by about 2-3 pm in the afternoon. I don't have anything planned so dinner plans are good for me.

As for budget I don't really have an opinion. I'll adjust expenditure for food for the rest of the trip accordingly. I expect at least a one or two decent meals so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:45:16 AM by CenturyEgg »

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »
Man, I wish I was still in Japan for this Reaitaisai (or that I could afford to go). Looks like it will be a lot of fun with all these MoTKers. In any case, hope you folks have a lot of fun, and sen my regards and thanks to Warugaki!

CenturyEgg

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2016, 12:27:09 AM »
Man, I wish I was still in Japan for this Reaitaisai (or that I could afford to go). Looks like it will be a lot of fun with all these MoTKers. In any case, hope you folks have a lot of fun, and sen my regards and thanks to Warugaki!

Thanks! Maybe in the future there will be another chance to meet. You really never know how things will turn out so we'll just keep our fingers crossed heh.

Speaking of an eatery, my cousin gave me a reccomendation. Sharing it here but it looks like this may be quite expensive. She's always had expensive taste :/

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowUserReviews-g1066444-d1239339-r320840709-Torishige-Chuo_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

N-Forza

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2016, 01:26:09 AM »
It doesn't help that it's in the middle of one of the ritziest districts in Japan. I'm not exactly a gourmet, but yakitori has never struck me as a "foodie" dish.