Author Topic: CPSS7: Embodiment of Secret Santa REVEAL POSTED  (Read 148465 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: CPSS: Embodiment of Secret Santa GO GO GO GO GO!
« Reply #390 on: December 25, 2015, 11:57:27 AM »
Too many people here are Koishi fans I can't figure it out again this year.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #391 on: December 25, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
I understand your pain. The biggest one didn't join so makes it extra hard. Also please fix your images, they don't show up =(

@ PX,  HOLY SHIT that Tea Infuser Robot is awesome. Who ever gifted that, you rock.

(Though if you were to spike it with something it would probably turn out nicely. :3)
And then I passed out due to some shady drug, not remembering how I ended up in this hotel. :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #392 on: December 25, 2015, 01:36:17 PM »
Christmas Day. Leftovers consumed, coffee drank, I can now open the present. Customs regulations be damned, my Secret Santa (who I gather is located somewheres up in the Ozarks) was able to cleverly get around revealing the contents while still being truthful about what was inside. For example:

This lovely gigantic Syameimaru mouse pad was just "mouse pad" on the customs sheet. I would have been content with a regular mouse pad, as my old one barely reflects the laser back at the mouse anymore. But this! What a thing of beauty. Thank you, Ozark Santa, this is very thoughtful. I will think of you every time I play Fallout with this.

But wait, there's more!

In the foreground here is oven-bakable clay, glaze, and clay glue. This is great stuff! My daughter and I alike can both have some fun with this. Plus I can finally finish my army of tiny clay soldiers who will one day come to life at my command.

Behind the clay and clay accessories are 3 bags of peanut brittle. Which is eerie. I don't know if I listed in my 5 preferences that peanut brittle happens to be one of my top favorite snacks, but Ozark Santa either somehow knew or just by sheer coincidence happened to have some spare peanut brittle laying around and decided to send it my way. Either way, I am one happy tengu.

This is really thoughtful stuff, and I'm sure to enjoy all these things immensely. Thank you, Ozark Santa, aka my new favorite person. Caw caw!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #393 on: December 25, 2015, 02:45:59 PM »
SECRET SANTA, WHEREIN PURVIS LEARNS THAT HIS HAND SHAKES LIKE A DRUNKARD DESPITE NEVER DRINKING A DROP.

Neohio. The land that prosperity forgot. Here we see a vibrant Neohioan field, across the road from my main window. A colorful view like this is rare to find in my state.

And here we have a box! My lovely assistants were obscuring the address, but as you can see, my horrible shaky hand made it unnecessary.

My lovely assistant Kisume, you all know well. And she is joined by Dizzy, whom those that know me from the old days (Read: Emouse) would recognize as Waifu Prime, from back before Waifu was even a thing! Today is her birthday, as Stuffman can surely tell you!

KITTY! But how are we to open this?

Oh lovely assistant, that's your answer to all of life's problems.

Not that you're particularly wrong, though.

A WARNING!!!!!! But who are the Moth SS  ...Are the Nazis onto me? The StormTrumpers, perhaps? We shall have to proceed with caution...

Hmmm. Waste and desolation. But as a resident of Neohio, I am used to such things and we dig in without hesitation!

Gasp! Dramatic Lighting my sister's phone could not correct for and spazzed out over for like five literal minutes!  It's...a cryogenic capsule!

It's a shrine maiden! Her hugeness is supreme!

Lovely Assistant II has detected a secret passage!

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAA

UFO AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TAMUSIC AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KOKYO ACTIVE NEETS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CAFE DE TOUHOU 6 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TOUHOU EUROBEAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MORE EUROBEAT I CAN'T FIND ON VGMDB AAAAAAAAAAA

WHEW! All that screaming gave me a headache. Oh, and it seems the lovely assistants have found something else?

A lovely bag! Lovely!

And here we have a close-up of the miko so ice cold she frozen herself in place. What amuses me is that this us the UFO version, but includes a Miracle Mallet. Also what seems to be a purple version of the Jeweled Branch of Hourai? And what I assume is her loot bag from when she visited Mayohiga.

Anyways, I took a peek at the customs sheet, and apparently this is like...9000 yen worth of stuff?! Holy shit, either my secret santa spent way too much on me, or is an accomplished shoplifter. The best part is, because it was sent from good ole Japan, I cannot say for certain who it was, because everyone knows Forza works there as a purchase agent, and would likely be amenable to routing a treasure box for an Unseen Santa! (HINT HINT PLUG HINT)

As such, I rightly have no clue who this generous thief really is =D Thank you very much, you made my morning, and this will outvalue pretty much all the rest of the stuff I get today, guaranteed. (Thus far: An electric kettle, a large bag of Reese's Pieces, and 50 dollar; the lion's share.)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #394 on: December 25, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »
What an excellent year thus far.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #395 on: December 25, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »
IT'S CHRISTMAS!

Poor Chen has been curious as to the contents of this mysterious box since last week! Finally time to open it!
...hmmm, the box is from the UK, and the contents are labeled 'biscuits'! Well, that might be a trick, but I am kinda hungry...

With her trusty claws box cutter, she rips open the box to get at it's innards.

Inside is revealed.... packaging! ...and more!

Ooh! A real present, for Chen! Time to put those claws to use! She rips open the package and reveals...

Aha! Lots of british food! I can hear my stomach growling already! Thankfully, I'm half-british (in heritage), so this stuff looks delicious~

Chen's eyes pop at the last part of the contents! A ball of yarn!!?

Oh! It's a cute little short story! I didn't expect this! Gonna read this while I heat up the little pies...

Mmmm~
This stuff is all delicious! Especially the little orange cookies (for obvious Chen-related reasons)
And I loved the little story!

Thanks Secret Santa!
Although you left the author of your work unknown, I think I know who to properly thank!
Spoiler:
So thanks hungrybookworm!
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #396 on: December 25, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
Since MJP is taking part in 6 (!!) Secret Santas this year I made it a house rule to open up all the boxes that showed up to have something resembling order, so when a ~*~mysterious package~*~ arrived I had my sister recon it to see if it was wrapped and indeed it was!

In keeping with tradition I asked my cat Ceci to help open it.  She was deep in thought about something, probably snacks.

Yes that must have been it she has a one track mind, I understand Ceci snacks are amazing.

So I have a gift box from ?\_(ツ)_/? and a note to open later.  The box is pretty lightweight let's see what's inside.

PUZZLEBRO DETECTEDLook at that cutie  :3

And the message inside.  Tamadra is most certainly totes adorbs!  I did not receive anything else yet, so I will look forward to saying HALLO to another friend (?)  :3 :3

Also bonus:

Special guest Reddyne is here for the holidays!   
(see also: anglesister)

-------------------
Edits:
Thanks for the gift
Spoiler:
MJP/Triangles
While a logical guess due to the return address it's neither of us!   
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:35:18 PM by triangels we have heard on high »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #397 on: December 25, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »
GET OUT OF THERE REDDYNE THAT DOESN'T BELONG TO YOU! I WILL COME BACK TO BOSTON AND FIGHT YOU!

Edible

« Reply #398 on: December 25, 2015, 03:42:59 PM »
Also bonus:

Special guest Reddyne is here for the holidays!   
(see also: anglesister)

vomiting rainbows dot jpeg

triangles

« Reply #399 on: December 25, 2015, 03:47:07 PM »
JUST YOU WAIT I CAN POST WORSE

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #400 on: December 25, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
Purvis you got your hands on a nice PVC / statue. Pretty much a lot of people agree UFO is one of the best touhou games around (inb4angrytohoplayers)

JUST YOU WAIT I CAN POST WORSE
Bluff.

Edit:
NekoNekoRex, I just noticed. Is your computer on the floor? Like. . . keyboard / mouse / screen?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:11:45 PM by Helepolis »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #401 on: December 25, 2015, 04:28:06 PM »
That is a pretty sweet hat, ngl.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
Yeah, I noticed the computer on the floor thing myself, and thought it had to be weird optical illusion.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #403 on: December 25, 2015, 04:32:57 PM »
Nope, I don't have a desk so my base of operations is on the floor. A desk is the one piece of furniture I haven't been able to find for my room, at least a suitable one. My parents keep offering me these gigantic work stations that I'd have to lug up three stories and dominate a quarter of my room, and I keep saying no.

for reference. Currently eating these mincemeat pies. Sweet, but meaty.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 04:37:30 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #404 on: December 25, 2015, 04:36:26 PM »
Well if I have to go by Warugaki, he uses tangerine boxes as furniture for his computer. http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2003504 (danbooru warning, but safe image)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #405 on: December 25, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »
I had my monitor on a box back when I lived with my mum, but I haven't found a suitable replacement for it since then. When I moved I took everything in trash bags.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #406 on: December 25, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »
Love seeing all y'alls' hauls. All y'all's!

for reference. Currently eating these mincemeat pies. Sweet, but meaty.

So do you browse/game laying on your stomach or sitting stooped over until your back aches? I highly recommend the Milk Crate Battle Station, if carrying heavy furniture up stairs doesn't appeal to you.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #407 on: December 25, 2015, 04:48:58 PM »
I sit cross-legged on a towel, but I just had an amazing burst of inspiration for solving the issue of looking down at my screen all the time.

Santa unknowingly provides one last present for Chen: The box itself!

Thanks again!

Edible

« Reply #408 on: December 25, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
Also, big shoutouts to Purvis for not having a potato camera this year.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #409 on: December 25, 2015, 05:45:54 PM »
Also, big shoutouts to Purvis for not having a potato camera this year.
Was about to say, this time we could actually see what was being presented.

dyril

•  (?<_` )
« Reply #410 on: December 25, 2015, 05:55:18 PM »
Strange shipments of much needed foodstuffs have finally made it to the storehouse!

A cursory inspection

[SLASHING]

!

WHY ARE YOU HERE?!

[SLASHING INTENSIFIES]

So what do we have here...

It appears that YOMU must wait a bit longer..

..an inedible dee vui dee!

Also, a book for fixing the EVERYTHING. The mansion has been in need of repairs for some time, now.

And finally, something I've always wanted: a ratcheting screwdriver!
Bits & socketses in Freedom AND METRIC that might be effective with EVERYTHING.

These are likely to be scattered around and be of most definite use.
Thank you!

Secret Santa, you did well despite my own secret tendencies. I will take your included note to heart.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #411 on: December 25, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »
Seems like an absolutely fantastic year of gifting thus far! :toot:
* DX7_EP is still irritated at their situational inability to attend this time though. :fail: But there is next time!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #412 on: December 25, 2015, 06:29:32 PM »
A word of advice to anyone else who is considering sending beer to their CPSS in the future: don't; it is difficult and expensive.  I spoke to the owner of the bottle shop where I got the beer and he said that the beer must be packaged very tightly and thoroughly to prevent any breakage or leakage, and that it is also against the policy of both UPS and FedEx to ship alcohol (not illegal though).  I ended up buying specialized wine shippers to provide some structure for the bottles, but given the dramatic size differences between a bottle of wine and bottle of beer, I had to take extra steps.  I sealed the caps of every bottle with electrical tape, wrapped each bottle is 5 layers of bubble wrap, and filled in the remaining space in the wine shippers with newspaper.  Then I placed the wine shippers in the giant box and filled the rest with more newspaper.  I wound up spending more on shipping supplies and postage than the beer itself :<  I hope you enjoy the beer though Arashi!

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #413 on: December 25, 2015, 06:33:15 PM »
MotK ate my post so let's try again...

Mysterious box from Japan...

[attach=1]

There's a Yukari inside and some books!

[attach=2]

Yukari!

[attach=3]

Two very pretty Touhou doujin books and a CD!

[attach=4]

This gigantic tome of a Kancolle artbook.

[attach=5]

And finally a postcard featuring Renko and a huge hawk

[attach=6][attach=7]

Thank you so much, Secret Santa!! I didn't expect to ever get so much cool stuff.

I know it's not NForza because I do business with him regularly. As for my guess, was it you
Spoiler:
Vyrien??
. You're one of the few other people who posted in this thread saying they were in Japan.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

« Reply #414 on: December 25, 2015, 07:06:32 PM »
I hope you enjoy the beer though Arashi!

It looks good! I'm especially looking forward to the stout. :3

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #415 on: December 25, 2015, 07:08:46 PM »
So my package arrived from The Netherlands and I WONDER WHO THAT COULD BE?!  Anyway, we join our intrepid hero's journey, already in progress.

Boy howdy, I sure do love international newspapers, thanks santa!

Purple camera returns this year with a vengeance!  Two envelopes, one containing instructions and the other containing ???????

The gifts(?), the first letter and lockpick set.

Yes, lockpick set.  The padlock that needed to be picked was clear and that would make for an easier time picking, but enough with that!  Time to plug in that USB drive and watch our first video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxTkl7QEZmc

Whoa, sounds pretty serious!  I'd better get started with the first few packages, maybe there will be a password for the locked .zip files on the USB stick.

HOLY CRAP I FINALLY GOT SOME STROOPWAFFEL!  THIS IS THE GREATEST DAY EV-

;_; But wait, maybe the :V isn't just mocking me but is also the secret code?  (It was) So we got to view the second video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmBXujebUkY

I'd better get to work on picking this lock!  I've never picked a lock before but maybe I can accidentally stumble in unlocking it through sheer dumb luck.  After some time and wildly guessing, I somehow managed to the get the lock open, and what did the box reveal?

Some candies, and THERE'S THE STROOPWAFFEL!  OK THEN!  But wait, this 193 looks like it might be the code to unlock the other .zip file.  We got one last video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P9Ut8fBgww

I did it!  Now to open the last two gifts and bask in the glow of a job well done.

A cute tumbler and a pretty neat 3D puzzle that I look forward to putting together later on.  All in all, a successful outing with the Brotherhood.  Thanks (STOP) Helepolis!

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #416 on: December 25, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »
Merry Christmas everybody!

I spy with my little eye a suspicious looking package. And from le Deutschland?!?

How else would one open someone... without a key? Let's borrow the power of the master key wielder for to openit.

And... with a little twist and turn...

It's open, now what do we have here?

Why hello sweet delectable delights, you won't last to see the dawn of the new year.

And what's this?!?!?!?

I-its... a Bach CD!?
From Germany!? That's Legit!

And not only did you get me a Bach CD, it's totally in season, holy carpel tunnelling syndrome!! I didn't even know he did something like this.

And those Mozart chocolates, I'm laughing mao mao mao.

This CD, I don't know what or who this is but I'll be listening to it later.

My total spoils:

This is amazing my santa, secret santa. You are best!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:17:08 PM by Меа »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #417 on: December 25, 2015, 09:31:51 PM »
This CD, I don't know what or who this is but I'll be listening to it later.
It's the best music in the history of mankind, appreciate it

Also fucking hell helepolis how do you even find the time
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »
Oh gosh Mozart Kugeln are so delcious.

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

triangles

« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2015, 10:03:05 PM »
Bluff.
We're all at my parents' place tonight and behold the adorbs (no tamadra included)