Author Topic: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale  (Read 61564 times)

Re: Cirno Quest - The STRONGEST Tale
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2015, 09:26:59 PM »
>Throw a chunk of ice through the waterfall to see if it makes it through.

> You quickly freeze up a decent-sized chunk of ice and toss it at the waterfall, with disappointing results - it's forced down by the water, making barely a dent. Looks like that's not going to work.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2015, 09:29:43 PM »
> How did we do this last time?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2015, 09:31:48 PM »
>We just have to freeze it at the top so it can't come down!
>Fly upwards, to the source of the waterfall.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2015, 02:41:46 PM »
> Sure, that works.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2015, 04:43:36 PM »
>We just have to freeze it at the top so it can't come down!
>Fly upwards, to the source of the waterfall.

> Hey, that's a great idea! It's all coming back to you now...
> The waterfall isn't as fierce up here. It does seem like the optimal place to try and freeze it.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
>Let's charge up a niiice freeze.

« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »
>Let's charge up a niiice freeze.

> You settle into your time-honored 'gon freeze some shit' pose and concentrate your thoughts on the waterfall's source.
> Shabonnnnn Spraay...FREEZINGU!
> Slowly, the great waterfall ceases flowing as its source is converted into solid ice. Sure enough, now that it's stopped you can see a small cave behind it! What a strange and unforeseen turn of events that you absolutely did not see coming!
> Better hurry, though - that ice isn't going to hold the river back forever, and if you get trapped on the other side, it'll be a lot harder to get out.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2015, 09:37:46 PM »
>Hurry up and get to our money!

« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2015, 12:03:12 AM »
>Hurry up and get to our money!

> You quickly fly back down and into the cave. It's a little dark, but you can see a small box lying on the cave floor, clearly marked PROPERTY OF CIRNO DO NOT TOUCH (THIS MEANS YOU). A quick check confirms that it's all here, same as it was last time. You stuff it in your pocket alongside the flag.

> ITEM OBTAINED: 50 mon
> Your life savings. Spend it wisely!

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2015, 12:21:35 AM »
>Alright, now let's get outta here. Back to Kourindou!
>Wait, we can write and are legible? Nice!

« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2015, 01:16:32 AM »
>Alright, now let's get outta here. Back to Kourindou!
>Wait, we can write and are legible? Nice!

> You fly quickly out of the cave, not wanting to stay any longer than you need to, and start heading back to Kourindou. Can't keep Daiyousei waiting too long.
> For certain definitions of 'write' and 'legible', yes. You got Mystia to help you write this particular message; you wrote your name all on your own though!
> As you fly back to Kourindou, you notice that that figure you saw earlier is still there. It doesn't look like they've moved much since you last saw them.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2015, 01:18:36 AM »
> What does the figure look like?
> Are they another fairy?

« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2015, 08:13:29 AM »
> What does the figure look like?
> Are they another fairy?

> Weird. They've got this funky hairdo - brown with purple ends - and they've really got a thing for crisscrossing ribbons if their outfit is anything to go by.
> Definitely not a fairy. No wings, for one.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2015, 08:38:21 AM »
>This weirdo's in OUR misty lake!? We've gotta do something about this.
>But we can't deal with them right now, we can't keep Daiyousei and the three fairies waiting forever. We'll develop our plan with the three fairies when they agree, then we can clear this weirdo outta the area before we start.
>To Kourindou.

« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2015, 09:56:48 AM »
>This weirdo's in OUR misty lake!? We've gotta do something about this.
>But we can't deal with them right now, we can't keep Daiyousei and the three fairies waiting forever. We'll develop our plan with the three fairies when they agree, then we can clear this weirdo outta the area before we start.
>To Kourindou.

> How dare this mysterious figure encroach on your territory!! Normally you'd drop everything and engage this yutz in full combat to remind them who's boss round these parts. Unfortunately, you've got prior engagements to honor and, more importantly, a frog to freeze. You ignore the figure for now and continue on your way to Kourindou.
> When you arrive, you're surprised to see Daiyousei waiting outside with a miserable expression on her face instead of inside like you told her to.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #195 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:26 AM »
>"Hey Daiyousei, I'm back! Huh, you okay? Why are you out here?"

« Reply #196 on: August 11, 2015, 11:03:19 AM »
>"Hey Daiyousei, I'm back! Huh, you okay? Why are you out here?"

> Daiyousei sniffles a bit. "Th-they kicked me out wh-when I didn't buy anything for a wh-while." She looks hopefully at you. "D-do you have the money from your stash?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »
>"Yeah. Sorry for taking so long Dai."
>"I'd stuff some ice in that tall guy's pants if we didn't need him."
>Enter Kourindou once again.
>"Hey we're back and this time we're gonna buy some stuffs and thingies!"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:49:32 PM by Miniking »

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2015, 02:45:24 AM »
>"Yeah. Sorry for taking so long Dai."
>"I'd stuff some ice in that tall guy's pants if we didn't need him."
>Enter Kourindou once again.
>"Hey we're back and this time we're gonna buy some stuffs and thingies!"

> "Th-thanks, Cirno," Daiyousei says, smiling weakly. She looks like she feels a little better.
> The two of you enter the shop, upon which you loudly proclaim your intent to buy as many stuffs and thingies as you can fit in your surprisingly spacious pockets.
> "You are, are you," Kourin says, raising an eyebrow skeptically. "Do you have any money with which to buy them?"

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2015, 03:00:09 AM »
>"Yeah!"
>Hold out some of our mon to show him.
>"Okay Dai, did you see anything good while I was gone?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2015, 12:08:58 PM »
> What's the largest thing we could fit in one of our pockets?

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »
>"Yeah!"
>Hold out some of our mon to show him.
>"Okay Dai, did you see anything good while I was gone?"

> Kourin blinks in surprise. "Well. I'll admit, I'm impressed. Welcome to Kourindou, I suppose. How may I help you?"
> "O-oh, this shop is full of neat stuff. A l-lot of it's really expensive, though..." Her wings flutter nervously. "H-how much do you have?"

> What's the largest thing we could fit in one of our pockets?

> Thinking about it, if you cleared everything else out of a pocket...if you hold out your hands and make a circle with your fingers touching, that's about how big an item you could fit in there. Maybe a little bigger, if pressed.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2015, 08:22:44 PM »
> What's in the shop? For each thing, note whether or not we could pocket it.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2015, 11:15:13 PM »
>Who else is in the shop? What are Rinnosuke and Tokiko doing?
>We should also note if it looks cool or useful for fairies or children, since we are getting this stuff as a gift...or something.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:37:01 PM by Miniking »

« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2015, 12:33:42 AM »
> What's in the shop? For each thing, note whether or not we could pocket it.

> Things in the shop look to be roughly organized by category. These categories are:
> Books: These range in topic an impressive amount. You could fit some of the thinner hardbacks and nearly all of the paperbacks in a pocket; it'd stick out a fair bit, though.
>Outside World items: You have no idea what any of these things do. There's some kind of little rectangle thing which you could pretty easily pocket, a biiiig boxy thing with a glass panel on the front that you definitely can't pocket, let alone carry, and some weird metallic L-shaped thingy that you might be able to fit.
>Mundane Items: There's a whole range of stuff here, but some stuff that immediately catches your eye are a little maneki neko statue that's juuust a little too big to fit comfortably in your pockets, an ornate kabuki mask which would be a little pointless to pocket anyways, a candle that comes with its own holder which you could pocket if you put the candle and holder in separate pockets, and a cute little coin bank shaped like an offertory box that you'd need to carry.
>Clothes: All of these are way too big to fit you, and in turn way too big to pocket.
>Food: Whoa, this guy sells food too? There's your standard range of sweets and snacks, like senbei, dango, mochi of various flavors, and - ooh, they've got konpeito! You love that stuff! If you've got any money left over you're absolutely getting some.

>Who else is in the shop? What are Rinnosuke and Tokiko doing?
>We should also note if it looks cool or useful for fairies or children, since we are getting this stuff as a gift...or something.

> Now that an hour or so has passed since the shop has opened, a couple other customers are in here. Nobody special, though, just people from the Human Village. Rinnosuke is managing the counter, and winglady is still buried in her book, lost to the world.
> Of the stuff you can see, the thing that appeals the most to you - after the konpeito, that is - is the coin bank. That's be such a cool place to keep your money! Definitely an upgrade from your old box. Still, that's something you want, not the fairies. You've got no clue what kind of stuff they like.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2015, 01:08:30 AM »
>"Ooh look at that, they've got such a cool bank! And that candy, ah I can taste it already! Ahh but we gotta get something for the others."
>"AHA! Daiyousei I've got an idea! We can ask that lady with all the dolls to make something for Sunny Luna and Star, and then we can still get something we want from here!"

« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2015, 01:58:51 AM »
>"Ooh look at that, they've got such a cool bank! And that candy, ah I can taste it already! Ahh but we gotta get something for the others."
>"AHA! Daiyousei I've got an idea! We can ask that lady with all the dolls to make something for Sunny Luna and Star, and then we can still get something we want from here!"

> "D-do you really think she'll just make something for us out of the b-blue like that?" Daiyousei looks nervous. "I-it's a bit much to ask..."

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2015, 02:24:37 AM »
>"Why not? She could make us dolls of Sunny Luna and Star. She has like a whole bunch of dolls every time I see her. Plus she's a nice person! And because she's nice she might make dolls for us too! And she knows magic like Marisa so she could give the dolls super cool powers and stuff. And--"

« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2015, 02:34:03 AM »
>"Why not? She could make us dolls of Sunny Luna and Star. She has like a whole bunch of dolls every time I see her. Plus she's a nice person! And because she's nice she might make dolls for us too! And she knows magic like Marisa so she could give the dolls super cool powers and stuff. And--"

> "So are you two going to buy something or are you going to stand around gossiping all day," interrupts Kourin (gosh, this guy's so rude. It's not like you belong to a race of habitual kleptomaniacs or anything - wait).

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2015, 02:43:21 AM »
>Take a look at the outside world items.
>"Hey tall guy, what's this stuff?"