Author Topic: Defend the Myouren temple Namusan! - [ Epilogue - Game over! ]  (Read 40918 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Defend the Myouren temple Namusan! - [Status: Prologue ]
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 07:25:09 PM »
I considered it honestly like increasing effect when in combination with item in stock + skill but eventually didn't do it :V

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
Was re-reading out of boredom and realized Kogasa and Nazrin's HP stats were flipped on the Overview table.
Also I guess Shou could just call Nazrin over when her gems are gone to get her out of trouble. Seems like a pretty good safety strat to me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:06:36 PM by Miniking »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 08:24:37 PM »
Minamitsu. I'm rather relieved! Seems like one of the more straightforward characters to play. Just camp in a statue room, drag things towards me when needed, and get hit in the face a bunch, I'm thinking.

Immediate, compulsory and possibly inaccurate nitpickery:
-Nue has a 75% percentage next to her in the spreadsheet, which I believe should be 100%.
-My ultimate apparently turns me "viscous". Like pudding. Which I'm not altogether opposed to, but it might not be what you're going for.
-Above all else: that is not how you spell my name. Grumble grumble. *swings cane*

Somewhat less obnoxiously, I need some clarification on the hit chance/success rate business. To quote the relevant sections:
◇ Regular attacks need dice roll, spell cards have 100% rate. Examples: 1d3 (33%) > 3 = fail. 1d4 (25%) > 4 = fail. 1d6  > 6 = fail.
◇ Other success rates are usually the "middle". Example: Minamitsu's Shining Palanquin smash. 1d20 to K.O > 10 becomes "success" unless stated otherwise.
◇ Critical hit, if available, is decided by xd6 where x = doubles/triples/etc. Critical increases base power, not final damage.
So, 1d3 means there is a 33% chance to... what? "1d3 > 3 = fail" means there can be no fails: whatever random number you get cannot be greater than 3. Do you mean it fails when a 3 is rolled? That'd make it a 33% chance to fail, compliant with the stated percentage. But then what chance does my Palanquin smash have to proc? 95%? That doesn't seem right either. And don't get me started on the critical hits. Presumable they don't always proc - there'd be no point to crits then -  but if the x states by how much the base damage is multiplied, how exactly is it determined that I landed a crit at all? Same as above?
I might be a bit dense. Halp.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 08:58:52 PM »
From what I can understand, the ">" is meant to be an arrow and not the "greater than" sign so you're right about the 33% chance to fail.
Palanquin smash's 1d20 seems to mean that only a 10 will get the insta-kill to normal enemies.
And I think the crit chance is based on what move you do and if it has the chance or not, like how Kogasa's "spin-to-win" has a 3d6 crit chance.
I still don't know about the crit damage though  ???
Of course, if I'm wrong about this stuff just correct me. :derp:

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 09:29:23 PM »
Just to double check, can I unsummon Unzan and move in the same turn?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2015, 10:09:56 PM »
Does Unidentified use all the effects?
What does range mean, can I attack enemies that are not in the same room as me?
That said, money is important here. Nazrin is gonna have to generate quite a bit of it to begin with. Probably should split up east and west, with one person staying in the center. Yin-Yang balls in both gardens would probably be very helpful.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2015, 10:42:06 PM »

From what I can tell, unsummoning Unzan is counted as a major action (due to being classified as a skill), and moving is counted as a minor action. Since you can make 1 major and 1 minor action per turn, my guess would be "yes".
Sudo make me a sandwich.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 03:22:03 AM »
From what I can understand, the ">" is meant to be an arrow and not the "greater than" sign so you're right about the 33% chance to fail.
Palanquin smash's 1d20 seems to mean that only a 10 will get the insta-kill to normal enemies.
And I think the crit chance is based on what move you do and if it has the chance or not, like how Kogasa's "spin-to-win" has a 3d6 crit chance.

I figure the Palanquin Smash would either have a 5% or a 50% chance to proc, as 95% seems ludicrous. But only 5% seems right for a chance to instagib normal enemies.
A crit chance isn't a hit chance, so a 3d6 chance would by that logic trigger on a 9 (the 'middle'). And as Hele described xd6 with x standing for double/triple/stuff, a 3d6 crit chance triggering would deal triple damage.

That's the only way I can make sense of it as written. Oof.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 03:36:09 AM »
Seems that some characters don't generate faith which means they should be priority for faith distribution. Especially Nazrin ASAP seeing as her discount can help get items that benefit most of the rest of the team.
Also about Nue's Identity ability, does this mean she can do special skills like Unzan/Pagoda/Phantom skills?
omg guys let's duplicate Pagodas by spamming Nue!Shou's "Lose Pagoda" skill.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:03:00 AM by Miniking »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 04:04:16 AM »
I don't think I'll be needing too much faith. If I get 3 once, I'm at 8 - enough for a bunch of anchor pulls or rage mode if need be. It's probably the most I'll ever need, and by no means do I need it right away.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2015, 06:01:53 AM »
Was re-reading out of boredom and realized Kogasa and Nazrin's HP stats were flipped on the Overview table.
Fixed.

Immediate, compulsory and possibly inaccurate nitpickery:
-Nue has a 75% percentage next to her in the spreadsheet, which I believe should be 100%.
-Above all else: that is not how you spell my name. Grumble grumble. *swings cane*
Fixed.

Somewhat less obnoxiously, I need some clarification on the hit chance/success rate business. To quote the relevant sections:So, 1d3 means there is a 33% chance to... what? "1d3 > 3 = fail" means there can be no fails: whatever random number you get cannot be greater than 3. Do you mean it fails when a 3 is rolled? That'd make it a 33% chance to fail, compliant with the stated percentage. But then what chance does my Palanquin smash have to proc? 95%? That doesn't seem right either. And don't get me started on the critical hits. Presumable they don't always proc - there'd be no point to crits then -  but if the x states by how much the base damage is multiplied, how exactly is it determined that I landed a crit at all? Same as above?
I might be a bit dense. Halp.
Here is how I handled it in SDM version: 
- For regular hits let us say 75%, you will roll 1d4. If the outcome is 1,2 or 3 you will succeed. If the outcome is 4 you will fail.  (I should really stop using > and just type an arrow) ((will modify this in the skill list))
- 1d3 actually is 66,666(ry% so outcome 1 or 2 is succeed and 3 is fail. (this is extremely awkward as you might have thought)
- For other attacks and numbers I used a dumb "in the middle". Like Palanquin smash 1d20 requires a 10 to be rolled to KO the target. Any other value is a miss. So that means you only have 5% chance to KO a target.
- For crits: if it reports 3d6 for Spintowin, you take the base power and STR and roll 3x a 6 sided die. If you get any doubles, for example: (1-1-5) you will get a crit and base power+STR will be multiplied by 2. If you roll triple, (1-1-1) your crit will be 3x. If you roll no doubles or triples, your crit failed and regular damage is output.

I probably should've said like: Successrate is 75% / 66% / 33% / 10% etc instead of keep reporting 1dx and such. Hmmm.

Unfortunately you cannot. A minor action comes before major action.

Does Unidentified use all the effects?
What does range mean, can I attack enemies that are not in the same room as me?
- Nue's supreme ability you need to pick 1 of the 3.
- Range means nothing in this game like Melee does. Both Melee and Ranged can attack in same area. You cannot attack an enemy if you're not in the same area unless your skills says "global"

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:32:28 AM by Helepolis »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 07:07:23 AM »
To give an another example, Kyouko's Broom Smash is a good one to show:

Ability: ◎ [-] Broom Smash → Smacks target. [Power 2, 1d6 stun, 2d6 crit]

◇ Costs: 1 Spell Card and no faith.
◇ Regular skill, not AoE and not global. So select 1 enemy in the same area.
◇ Your strength: 5 base STR + Power 2 → 7. If the enemy has 0 DEF, it will suffer 7 points of damage.
◇ But we have chance to crit. Before applying any calculations, roll 2d6.
◇ Let us say the result is 3 and 3. We got a crit.
◇ Our total strength is now multiplied by two and thus our output becomes 14.
◇ If enemy has 0 DEF, it will suffer 14 points of damage.
◇ We also have a chance to stun. Roll 1d6.
◇ If the outcome is '3' our stun procs and enemy will be stunned.
◇ So if you do perfect rolls, you will output 14 damage and a stun.

Example if I were to "live" roll this with Keine-sama
Code: [Select]
[09:08:34] <Helepolis> dice 2d6
[09:08:37] <Keine-tan> 3 and 1   
[09:08:41] <Helepolis> dice 1d6
[09:08:43] <Keine-tan> 4

Failed to get doubles, failed to roll a '3' for the stun.

Conclusion: Above results indicate that we didn't get a crit and failed to proc the stun. So enemy will suffer just 7 points of damage if it has 0 DEF.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:11:16 AM by Helepolis »

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
Ah, that makes sense now.
Also just realized Kyouko's OHAIYOUGOZAIMASU's team potential seeing as it knocks ALL enemies to the front gate. Then we could just use some AoE skills and not have worry about the statues for a turn or two. Also great to get the pressure off if we were being overrun by enemies at the end of a day.
Speaking of pressure removers, Murasa also seems to have great tanking abilities with getting the enemies to focus on her. Especially good if I just keep healing Murasa.

Clarification on that by the way, how long do the enemies pulled in by Murasa stay focused on her? Till death do us part?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2015, 08:09:51 AM »
Clarification on that by the way, how long do the enemies pulled in by Murasa stay focused on her? Till death do us part?
Good question: Only the specific turn and they will purely focus her. Enemy cannot move/run away or use abilities. So they will just attack Minamitsu.

Girls get to attack first so when it is their turn, those targets will have to attack Minamitsu. Next turn the enemies can freely attack again (unless they get chained again :V)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:23:33 AM by Helepolis »

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »
Ah, that makes sense now.
Also just realized Kyouko's OHAIYOUGOZAIMASU's team potential seeing as it knocks ALL enemies to the front gate. Then we could just use some AoE skills and not have worry about the statues for a turn or two. Also great to get the pressure off if we were being overrun by enemies at the end of a day.
Speaking of pressure removers, Murasa also seems to have great tanking abilities with getting the enemies to focus on her. Especially good if I just keep healing Murasa.

OK I'LL BE SURE TO HELP YALL BY YELLING A LOT.

Also realized that Kyouko has one of the highest strength stats out of all of us (except for Byakuren, who should stay in back anyways since if she dies we lose), so I'll be a good physical attacker.

Tempted to type all my posts in all-caps now :3c

Also, I think we should use Nazrin's supreme ability (YAPOON!) on the second turn, since it goes into effect for the ENTIRE NEXT day. Since 1 day is 2 turns, then it would be most beneficial to use it right before the next day comes.

Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that supreme abilities have a 4 turn cooldown, so using them at first will work, if we can handle the faith/spellcard cost.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »
If we get some sutra scrolls then Tsurubami and I will generate more faith which means I can distribute more sooner.
Also enemy stands auras???
Another question, can we still attack charmed enemies?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:39:18 PM by Miniking »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
If we get some sutra scrolls then Tsurubami and I will generate more faith which means I can distribute more sooner.
Also enemy stands auras???
Another question, can we still attack charmed enemies?
Good question. Yes, you can. Other enemies will also attack it as charmed enemies are traitors in their eyes!

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »
I'm so hyped for this game that I'm writing a damage calculator for it. Because I can.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »
T-50 minutes before kick-off.

Oh yea to help me out in processing this more smoothly.

- Don't be afraid to point out my mistakes or concerns. I am not god (thank god not!).
- Please type your commands highlighted, preferred bold and in correct format. I am not going to nitpick but don't output drunk stuff.  For example this is ok!  ##Move Front
- Roleplay is ok!
- Have fun namusan!

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
I'm ready for this now for the most part~
Also the typical Touhou question... "Couldn't we just fly away with the statues?"

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »
I think I'm as prepared as I can be. They shall taste my ladle!

Immediate purchase of Sutra Scrolls seems good to me. Most of the items are one-shots, but the scrolls wane in value the fewer turns we have left.
I was going to say I should carry them around, being a tank and all, but on closer consideration Byakuren should probably hold them. Their effect is global, and if she dies we lose regardless. Risk-free!

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »
Good idea since I don't need to carry healing items ether (having it as a better skill healing anyways)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2015, 08:02:43 PM »
> . . .
> . . .
> Game booted.

The entire Myouren household is sitting around Byakuren for morning prayers.
Byakuren > * chanting the morning sutra *
A sudden explosion and the entire temple shook.
Kogasa > "What was that!?"
Minamitsu > "A bomb?"
Ichirin > "UNZAN!"
Shou > "We're being attacked!? Must be those Taoist bastards again!"
Nazrin > "Calm down master, we don't know even what happened"
Byakuren > "Hmm, this isn't an assault from them. Something else is going on"
Nue > "So? Who cares, can we go home now?"
Kogasa > "Kyouko-chan I am scared"
Kyouko > "Don't be scared! Don't be scared!"
Byakuren > "For the time being, let us proceed with caution. I have a bad feeling about this. "

> It is now Day 1 turn 1 (reported as Day 1-1)
> Map and overview is updated

Watch the timer! Day 1-1 timer
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:17:03 PM by Helepolis »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Re: Defend the Myouren temple Namusan! - [Status: Day 1-1 ]
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2015, 08:15:32 PM »
LLLLEEEEERRRRROOOOOYYYYYY JJJJEEEEENNNNKKKKIIINNNNSSSS

##Move Entrance
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »
/!\ WARNING WARNING WARNING /!\

Heads up girls! A medium force of unknown entity has been detected for Day 2-1, approaching us possibly from all directions.

They seem to call themselves The Secret Agency.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2015, 08:17:15 PM »
So today is a setup day? well then.

We should probably come up with a strategy of where to be when the attack comes.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2015, 08:22:17 PM »
Hmm. Red arrows, blue arrow. Okeydoke.

Assuming both signify some kind of enemy influx, I'd probably want to move over to the entrance. Takes care of the gate arrow. The garden left arrow will either go there as well or walk over to the back, which'd be inconvenient, but there'd be plenty of time for someone to go over there. That leaves the kitchen to receive immediate attention. (contingent, of course, upon my shaky interpretation of the arrows)
Or it could be from all directions, as Hele just posted. Then we just need to cover the three avenues for now. Me + Kogasa (who looks like a reasonable brawler) should be able to cover the entrance just fine.
Sutra purchases should probably be done by anyone who stays in the main room for now, so they have some time to hand them over to Byakuren. Which begs the question: can major actions be substituted for minor ones, e.g. buying a scroll and immediately giving it?

For now I'll go ahead and ##Move Entrance. I'll be here for at least another hour, and I'll be able to adjust until the very end of the turn. At long last, my timezone lines up with the game! Glorious.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2015, 08:27:02 PM »
Hmm. Red arrows, blue arrow. Okeydoke.

Assuming both signify some kind of enemy influx, I'd probably want to move over to the entrance. Takes care of the gate arrow. The garden left arrow will either go there as well or walk over to the back, which'd be inconvenient, but there'd be plenty of time for someone to go over there. That leaves the kitchen to receive immediate attention. (contingent, of course, upon my shaky interpretation of the arrows)
Or it could be from all directions, as Hele just posted. Then we just need to cover the three avenues for now. Me + Kogasa (who looks like a reasonable brawler) should be able to cover the entrance just fine.
Sutra purchases should probably be done by anyone who stays in the main room for now, so they have some time to hand them over to Byakuren. Which begs the question: can major actions be substituted for minor ones, e.g. buying a scroll and immediately giving it?

For now I'll go ahead and ##Move Entrance. I'll be here for at least another hour, and I'll be able to adjust until the very end of the turn. At long last, my timezone lines up with the game! Glorious.

What about me? I seem to have moderate defense, but pretty high strength (brooms hit hard). So I might make a good brawler? Idk, I'll leave it up to you guys.

Also, it might be easier for Byakuren to just buy the scrolls directly.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »
What about me? I seem to have moderate defense, but pretty high strength (brooms hit hard). So I might make a good brawler? Idk, I'll leave it up to you guys.

Also, it might be easier for Byakuren to just buy the scrolls directly.
Yeah, your base stats seem pretty solid. But so are mine (I'd wager I'll be nigh indestructible at the start of the game), and I'm thinking we best spread the stats around as long as we don't know where the enemies are coming from.
As Kogasa has slightly worse base stats, I'd say she gains the preference to go along with me, so you can shore up another moderately-statted character.

Can a purchase action buy multiple items at once? I don't -think- so, which is why I'd say to have multiple people buy a scroll. If Byakuren buys one every turn, we'd lose out on some faith. (Of course, if you can buy multiple, we shouldn't bother with the whole song-and-dance)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2015, 08:38:00 PM »
Gonna have to make dinner soon, so I'm not here for too long unfortunately, but given I have some decent defenses, I think I can head up one of the possible entryways, as long as I keep the pagoda around (I don't think I need to drop it yet). I'll head in the Back Left direction if no one else is going to, so for now (unless someone else needs me elsewhere):

##Move Kitchen
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!