Author Topic: Update: No moar exclusive AAA games on Vita.  (Read 4656 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:14:37 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: Vita to be labelled as a "legacy platform"
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 06:45:13 AM »
Well, it's good they're still supporting it. Now if I could only get more games for it...

Zerviscos

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 07:46:40 AM »
Well, it's good they're still supporting it. Now if I could only get more games for it...
On the contrary, as opposed to what everyone's thinking(for the past 2-3 years now or so). There are actually a handful of games in the Vita library, the only reason why not a lot notices it, is because most of them are made by indies and/or Japanese devs. Although you don't see them because most of them are obviously not localized for the western audience.(Pretty much how they gave a big F-U to Sakura Wars being localized criticizing it was just a "text-game")

So the real statement should be "Vita doesn't have that much 1st-party games and games made by the west." Obvious reasons include devs/publishers scared of doing it because there are few vita owners and knows will not profit as opposed to 3DS games.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 10:11:15 AM »
For something to be a legacy platform it should have a legacy to leave behind.

Vita doesn't even have that honestly... there were not exactly many noteworthy games for it. Especially in the West...

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 10:18:32 AM »
I recently snagged a vita like a month ago for $120 canadian, and frankly I'm adoring the crap out of it. There are actually a good deal of great games if you...like... you know... bother trying to find them instead of trying to mock it. Plus if more JPN titles got localized, things would only be even better.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »
It's really a shame, because the Vita is genuinely good. I really don't know why it turned primarily into a port magnet, but I was kinda fine with that too.

Though my version's the OLED version. Oops.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »
It's really a shame, because the Vita is genuinely good. I really don't know why it turned primarily into a port magnet, but I was kinda fine with that too.

Though my version's the OLED version. Oops.
The same thing happened to the PSP for a long time.  The big thing this time is that the PSP got a reputation for massive pirating, which is why a lot of major titles were never localized for the west - it wa suspected they wouldn't make the money back.  I suspect the lack of western support has been a carried stigma from its predecessor.

There's a few things I've enjoyed on my Vita, but it really doesn't see much use from me sadly.

(Also I wasn't even aware there were old versions of the Vita)

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 02:06:41 PM »
Guys did you read the second article

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
Yeah. I was responding more to the all too common vita is a deadbeat system by people than the article.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 11:26:43 PM »
I kind of want one just so I can remote-play Destiny on the weekends when Xur is hanging around. Yay remote-play!

...so does this mean they'll probably be cheaper now? (is lazy and did not read articles)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 11:45:35 PM »
I bought a launch Vita and while it didn't end up nearly as popular as I hoped, I'm not disappointed in my purchase. It has definitely paid for itself in all the indie games it gets, along with a surprisingly large rhythm game market. On top of that I never really had a PS3 so getting the Vita remasters has been great. I don't play it all that often but I definitely don't feel like it's collecting dust.

They can pry my white OLED Vita out of my cold dead hands (unless they hand me a red Vita first :V).

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Zerviscos

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 10:55:38 AM »
...so does this mean they'll probably be cheaper now? (is lazy and did not read articles)
I don't understand you guys, or probably some other people who keeps saying the Vita should just price drop. I mean, I remember buying it on launch, it was like around 300usd. It, now being around 200usd only after 2-3 years, can't get any cheaper, until maybe some more years or so.

Edit: Although I will comment on how ludicrous their prices on MMC though. Seriously, they should rethink about that.
They can pry my white OLED Vita out of my cold dead hands (unless they hand me a red Vita first :V).
OLED Vita; Best Vita :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »
I have the new Vita, and frankly the screen is fine IMO... leaps and bounds better than my regular PSP for sure. Now I know the OLED is supposed to be better, and I suppose it is, I haven't done a side by side comparison, but when the slim version has better batteries and whatnot too, I personally wouldn't dismiss it altogether if you were looking for a new vita. I'd suggest just getting the best deal possible regardless of what model it was. I really have no desire for a better screen on mine. Better is better and it's always good yes, but I have yet to find myself thinking "gee, I wish the display was a little nicer" or whatever.

Did I rub in I got mine for $120 canadian? Sorry, I just can't get over how fucking good a score that was. I did such because at the time stores like Amazon were selling some borderlands 2 + slim bundle for 200 CDN. Also, here in Canada (or at least BC), Target the retail chain was going out of business, so they were liquidating them for $200 as well... But they didn't sell all of theirs (no wonder since they weren't any cheaper than amazon and no doubt other stores), so they apparently allowed in-store employees buy it off them for $150 after.. I bought mine from a friend of such an employee who only got his for 150 because he wanted it to pirate games, he didn't realize that was the psp not the vita. So yeah, he opened the box, and used the vita for all of like 2 hours. But the recharge cable was still factory wrapped, and the battery was still 3/5 full, so it was pretty much new. He then decided to resell it for 120. I got my 3ds for like the same price too. eeeek, I just love getting consoles for criminally cheap!

Rhythm games aren't really my thing though, but it seems that the Vita is oddly enough becoming the platform of choice for dungeon crawlers of all things. I'm hoping that the 2 coming out soon will be good too (Dungeon travellers 2, and operation abyss.

And yeah, it's also got a big selection of indie games. where the portable factor is nice. I mean I never tried shovel knight yet cuz my interest towards traditional platformer games is permanently tarnished after the 8/16 bit era, but if I ever did buy shovel knight. I'd get it on the vita because you really don't benefit from pc power and graphics on such a game, might as well have it on the go IMO.

Zerviscos

Re: Update: No moar exclusive AAA games on Vita.
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 12:13:38 PM »
BUMP

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/06/e3_2015_sonys_done_making_big_games_for_ps_vita

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-sony-is-not-making-any-big-vita-games?

RIP All-Vita-Users. :derp:

I could've posted this on the E3 thread, but I think this deserves to be posted here to update the Vita's current status.

As for my thoughts, "Does this need to be formally announced? It's not like in the last few years we even had first-party AAA games."  :V

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 12:29:25 PM »
This is neither surprising not relevant.  The vita's still got stuff coming out for it, but it's found its niche and its niche is miscellaneous Japanese games and indie ports.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 04:11:41 PM »
Not that I ever purchased AAA games on Vita to begin with...