Author Topic: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)  (Read 271961 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)
« Reply #600 on: June 22, 2015, 01:30:08 AM »
Oh cool. I guess I just confused myself digging through old threads. I'll buy it now then.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #601 on: June 24, 2015, 04:54:56 PM »
The translation is finished. Here you go ^~^

http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/forum/index.php?board=15.0

It's not completely done. The thread you posted details the project's current state. Of course this is quite a step forward.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #602 on: July 03, 2015, 07:51:27 PM »
Loving the game so far. It was obviously made by Pokemon fans, they address basically every major complaint longtime players of the franchise tend to have. I wish NPCs would switch out of bad matchups, but they're still a million times smarter than in any of the Nintendo games, so good enough.

I just got Rock Smash (I loooooove that HMs are finally items, I could never figure out why that concept was scrapped). I just need to find Satori to finish my team, so far I've got Keine, Mokou, Patchouli, Nitori, and Yamame, and Mamizou as filler until Satori pops up.

Is there a map item somewhere that I missed somehow? The lack of a map is kind of aggravating given how relatively complex the town layout is. If I overlooked it I should go back and find it.

It's not completely done. The thread you posted details the project's current state. Of course this is quite a step forward.

Yeah, it's completely playable but it's not done. Weirdly it's mostly battle text that remains untranslated, which makes decoding the new type chart a lot trickier than it should be.

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2015, 12:40:34 AM »
Don't know if any of you knew this but...
http://www.fo-lens.net/gn_enbu/sidestory.html
There's a sidestory on the works... ;)
Mwahahahahha!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #604 on: October 03, 2015, 04:00:38 AM »
Hello everyone been a while since I was last on here. About that sidestory thing, it seems to be about Yuki and Mai and is a free game you can download on the site. It's a bit short but free is free heh.

In other news dispite there being an english patch for the game window 10 has decided it hates everything about touhou and ruins everything, so I still am working on the Japanese version. And as a bit of an update a few screen shots have popped up showing new battles, I believe a new area and... Sumireko as well, which means her and the cast of LoLK are getting a update for the game woo! Finally can get my Doremy, Hecetia and Sugume!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #605 on: October 04, 2015, 08:05:49 AM »
In other news dispite there being an english patch for the game window 10 has decided it hates everything about touhou and ruins everything, so I still am working on the Japanese version. And as a bit of an update a few screen shots have popped up showing new battles, I believe a new area and... Sumireko as well, which means her and the cast of LoLK are getting a update for the game woo! Finally can get my Doremy, Hecetia and Sugume!
Sumireko?! Yes yes yes! It's time to do Touhoumon again!
I hope she and Junko don't appear too late in the game!
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

« Reply #606 on: October 17, 2015, 03:40:52 PM »
Oh man my body and wallet is so ready for some new Touhoumon goodness. Windows 10 issues will NOT keep me from enjoying it.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #607 on: October 18, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »
I can't fully confirm but I believe it will be a free patch to update the game with some endgame content and add characters. But like I said can't fully confirm it.

« Reply #608 on: November 06, 2015, 11:10:59 AM »
Is there a compiled list of all puppet locations? I quickly went through the entire thread and only found people's individual posts.
I found this, though.
I also requested an account in the wiki to make a page with that information.

Derxwna Kapsyla

• The Badman
  • Enter the Badlands
« Reply #609 on: November 16, 2015, 09:32:57 AM »
I didn't even realize this thread was here but uh, I think when we finish the translation we'll make a separate, dedicated thread for it. We're still working on it, though translating is done we're in the middle of editing and polishing everything, Our main exe rigger is backloaded with school and i'm extremely depressed and unmotivated too lazy to work in their place right now, not to mention my personal save file is being used to chronicle the wiki.

We're trying to get a release out before the newest build coming at C89, and that's really all I can say on that front.

As for the questions I've seen (just from reading the last page), our sources have reported the following information about the C89 build.
  • Sumireko and the LoLK crew are present
  • A new type has been added
  • A new Style Change has been added (called EXTRA)
  • Existing Puppets will get this new type as well if I remember correctly
  • New areas will be added to the game, though it's unsure if they're maingame or postgame
  • Something involving Kokoro and her "Shinkirou Battle", no further details known
  • All talk sprites are getting various frames, ala proper Touhou games
  • Puppets will now follow you around, probably based on whos leading in your party

Some of these confirmed additions to the C89 build affect the translation project on a near fundamental level, but we will continue to try our hardest in delivering a quality product!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:42:15 AM by Derxwna »

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #610 on: November 16, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »
  • Puppets will now follow you around, probably based on whos leading in your party
Oh my God that is going to be so adorable I can't wait

Sumireko hype
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #611 on: November 22, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »
Love how much better this game is then pokemon mechanically.  Liking what changes I see from the list. Any update to patch the translation for Windows 10?

« Reply #612 on: November 23, 2015, 03:54:37 PM »
Love how much better this game is then pokemon mechanically. 
I kept saying "This is like Pokemon, but better." when I played the game. The PP system is wonderful, breeding is much more pleasant to do. I didn't think enough about meta but I think type weakness/strength is better handled in this game?
Also: I hope Kokoro's thing is more than a Battle Tower. If they put a Battle Frontier in the game I'll be eternally happy.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #613 on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »
The type chart is actually the one major part of this game that I think is inferior to Pokemon.

All types have more or less the same number of weaknesses and resistances in Touhoumon, with an occasional immunity thrown in. While that is more balanced in the strictest sense, balance is not necessarily a good thing in that case.

In Pokemon there are "offensive" types (fire, ice) with a lot of weaknesses or common weaknesses but that are super effective against a lot of things, "defensive" types (steel, poison) with a lot of resistances and immunities but that aren't super effective against much, and a lot of middle ground or quirky types like dark or electric with specific roles. What that basically means is that sweeping and walling can lean more heavily on typing because a Pokemon with a good defensive typing will have lots of resistances and vice versa.

In Touhoumon everything has just a few resistances and much more unreliable coverage, which means a lot of neutral hits. That makes battles more homogeneous. Most things die in 2-3 hits in most situations. The game seems to centralize setup sweepers and bulky attackers because walling and fragile sweepers can't easily deal with the overly-balanced type chart. It's certainly not a game-breaking problem, and depending on your preference you might not even consider it a problem at all, but I didn't care for it myself.

« Reply #614 on: November 23, 2015, 05:22:31 PM »
I agree that the type chart by itself is more "balanced" in the sense it's bland. But what I find interesting about how they handled type matchups is how defensive style puppets usually have a type combination to give them fewer weaknesses, while offensive style puppets have more coverage and weaknesses.

But, like I said, I didn't think or read enough about the meta to actually know how things play out. I like the sound of a slower meta centralized over setup weepers and bulky puppets rather than what Pokemon currently is, though. I'm kind of burnt out on competitive Pokemon, and Pokemon in general.

Derxwna Kapsyla

• The Badman
  • Enter the Badlands
« Reply #615 on: November 26, 2015, 06:46:34 PM »

Koog

« Reply #616 on: December 02, 2015, 11:07:22 PM »
Here something some of you may have seen.
https://twitter.com/gn_gekidan/status/670216637883158529
A twitter post showing a Sagume puppet :D
We're so close to get the expansion!!
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #617 on: December 03, 2015, 11:12:35 PM »
With a new patch coming, I still have to play the 1.34 version for quite a while I think (With translation progress being halted and all because of the inc patch)

It doesn't stop me from enjoying the game though and I'm having fun streaming it as well (Only started a while ago, so no endgame on my part and running mostly blind). There's only one struggle: Finding good builds for my team and specifically when it comes to reinforcing stats. I've got a few of my puppets figured out, but there's still others that I have second guesses with.

So here's my team atm with the stat reinforcements that I'm planning, starting with the 3 I've already finished building:

• Chen (Speed): Extremely lucky catch with A in Fo.Atk, S in HP & Sp.Def and A+ in everything else, with Black Emblem (So lucky, I had to highlight that moment XD). Will be Speed Style with full Sp.Atk and Speed
  • Akyuu (Assist): S in Fo.Atk and A- in Sp.Atk with Black Emblem, so it was a good catch for an Assist Build. Since her Speed is already too low to reinforce, I put 64 points in all of her Atk types

These 2 were easy enough for me to make a build for. But for the other ones I'm still trying to find the right build. I haven't allocated any stats on them yet except for one and I might need a few suggestions before I finalize them:

• Flandre (Normal): Starter Puppet, Black Emblem. I've put 64 on Sp.Atk and Speedon and I want to try Speed Style, since I've only seen Power types so far from other people (What are ppl's opinions about Speed Flandre?)
  • Akyuu (Defense): Another Akyuu with good stats. B in HP/Fo.Def, S in Fo.Atk, A+ in Sp.Atk and Sp.Def and White Emblem. Her Ability is Slow Tempo, so I guess a Tank build might be good? Still dunno what stat reinforcements would suit her best (Was thinking 64 in HP and 34/32 in Fo/Sp.Def). I want her to be able to tank, but I don't want her damage to suffer too much from it
  • Daiyousei (Defense): Also a lucky catch. S in HP/Speed, B in Fo.Atk, A in Fo.Def, A- in Sp.Atk, A+ in SP.Def and Blue Emblem. Definitely a Tank Build, but I don't want her damage to suffer just like in Akyuu's case
  • Tokiko (Power): Decent/Good stats apart from HP (D-) and Red Emblem. She'll probably will be some kind of sweeper with points in Fo. Atk. Dunno what other stats will benefit her tho

I'll always have Flan, Chen and Akyuu (One of the two, interchanging when I feel like it) in my team no matter what so I needed them to be perfect. The other 3 puppets will be situational and will be whatever have good IV stats until I can use Reincarnation. So it's mainly my Defense Akyuu I'm pondering about. I'm also going to try to catch a good Alice, Remilia, Marisa, Nitori and Youmu and put them in my team. I might need some help for their builds too. I don't want to make any mistakes since you can't go back on your decisions until Reincarnation, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, I want to know if going for Speed Flandre instead of Power is a good idea or not. I'm leaving her on Normal for now until I know for sure.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:32:06 PM by Yuuhi »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #618 on: December 05, 2015, 08:34:52 PM »
Here something some of you may have seen.
https://twitter.com/gn_gekidan/status/670216637883158529
A twitter post showing a Sagume puppet :D
We're so close to get the expansion!!
Very close, in fact.

EDIT: Unrelated but dammit Rika why is your sprite so adorable ;u;

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #619 on: December 13, 2015, 11:26:06 AM »
Reincarnation is hard

I wonder if anyone knows the cheat engine address for rainbow stone thing because i cant seem to find it kappa

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2015, 11:31:34 AM »
I wonder if anyone knows the cheat engine address for rainbow stone thing because i cant seem to find it kappa

It's not a matter of finding it, you get it from Kasen after doing her sidequest. She asks you to collect 4 items throughout the world.

1) Under the cherry tree in Muenzuka
2) Beat Suwako in the middle of Lake Moriya and then talk to all the frogs in the frog pond (near Kasen's house) until you get it
3) In the tunnel beneath the Myourenji graveyard
4) Beat Shinmyoumaru in Reimu's bedroom and then check the well behind the shrine

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #621 on: December 13, 2015, 12:04:52 PM »
It's not a matter of finding it, you get it from Kasen after doing her sidequest. She asks you to collect 4 items throughout the world.

1) Under the cherry tree in Muenzuka
2) Beat Suwako in the middle of Lake Moriya and then talk to all the frogs in the frog pond (near Kasen's house) until you get it
3) In the tunnel beneath the Myourenji graveyard
4) Beat Shinmyoumaru in Reimu's bedroom and then check the well behind the shrine

Find as in the code address because you only get 1 kek

[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

« Reply #622 on: December 13, 2015, 12:08:31 PM »
Oh, I misread that. But why would you need more than 1 anyway? It doesn't get used up or anything.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:11:24 PM by Clarste »

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #623 on: December 13, 2015, 01:17:36 PM »
Oh, I misread that. But why would you need more than 1 anyway? It doesn't get used up or anything.

gotta max out all muh items 255 kappa

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #624 on: December 15, 2015, 06:22:52 AM »
The quest is really easy to do, and once you get the four prerequisite items, you could just save in front of Kasen, get the item, go back, check the cheat engine, and rinse and repeat and then you can max out your rainbow stones to 255. Though, I don't see why you would because you'll only ever need is 1.

Koog

Mwahahahahha!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #626 on: December 19, 2015, 04:45:44 AM »
Extremely close, in fact. :D
Egads those images look adorable :3c

You know what's NOT adorable though? Climbing up Youkai Mountain, getting your butt handed to you by Sanae, then trying to look up her Puppets on the wiki...Only to find out the site is down.

Oh. There's a redirect link on the forums. SUCCESS!

Still doesn't make it any less painful though...I need to grind up my Futo Puppet to stand a chance. :/

« Reply #627 on: December 19, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »
A trial version is released for download. :]

« Reply #628 on: December 19, 2015, 05:39:32 PM »
Extremely close, in fact. :D

Wait where'd you get those from

(And in general where did everyone get the TPDP portraits from?)

Koog

« Reply #629 on: December 19, 2015, 06:06:29 PM »
checked hemo's senpai pixiv, every single art is over there. :3

EDIT: Also trying the demo right now, Ringo feels kinda smaller than many of the puppets...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:05:29 PM by KogasaxNue »
Mwahahahahha!