Author Topic: Homestuck Thread: It begins... again... again... again, FINAL COUNTDOWN edition  (Read 76324 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Homestuck Thread ver. 2015: It begins... again... again
« Reply #210 on: April 28, 2015, 04:18:29 AM »
Spoiler:
I guess this is why the actual fight vs. caliborn ends up pretty badly then.
Howso? I mean, the
Spoiler:
4 that get trapped in the juju can't be sprite'd, and the other 4 are shown to be up and standing at the end when they're doin' Lil Cal soul suction. So I figure you mean something other than kernel sprite extra lives?

I'm kinda worried about the trolls, but Vriska's apparently gonna do her own thing (Although what that -is- is a good question!) and the others aren't god tier, so it makes sense they wouldn't go. And there's still Jane to revive them if anything goes wrong before that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

draganuv15

« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2015, 07:08:26 PM »
Spoiler:
this isnt the doomed session, this is the new 'current' one since vriska is alive and chilling next to terezi

They just skipped ahead a bunch, so this is after the condense appears and fucks things up again, but this time assumedly thanks to vriska, they get things under control by knocking out evil jane and jade

Everyone is now together except Dirk because he got teleported, and John/Roxy since they died in this timeline because they sacrificed all other version of themselves or whatever with their denizens

And uh Fefita/Erisol are missing too I guess
Spoiler:
Ah right. I saw the destroyed Prospit with a severed moon and my mind instantly went to when Jack Noir severed it and crashed it into Skaia.

Spoiler:
Without Gamzee being active to actually access Jake and Roxy's kernelsprites them being prototyped at all seemed unlikely. Vriska only prototyped Tavros because she felt responsible for his death and ARquisprite because he's awesome. Extra lives are good though. Probably. I'm probably getting stuff wrong but I've been out of the loop ever since the vriskapause.

draganuv15

« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2015, 11:07:34 AM »

« Reply #214 on: May 01, 2015, 03:01:14 AM »
Spoiler:
Dave Strider confirmed for not straight

« Reply #215 on: May 01, 2015, 10:57:52 PM »
one day into may and hussie is already back to writing five page conversations about troll romance.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #216 on: May 01, 2015, 11:51:12 PM »
JOHN: n... no!
KARKAT: A FAIR REBUTTAL. HOWEVER, CONSIDER THIS COUNTERPOINT:
KARKAT: Y... YES???

:getdown:

« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2015, 01:35:37 AM »
THE GOD DAMNED BLITHER OF TACTLESS NINCOMPOOPS, HOW IT CONTINUES TO HAUNT MY WRETCHED EARS. THE WORDS SPILL OVER THE SIDE OF THIS ENCHANTED METAL FROG DISCUS, LIKE A BABBLING SPRING IN A MYTHICAL FOREST GOVERNED BY A GUILD OF GOSSIP-HUNGRY LOBOTOMY HOBBITS. THIS DELUGE OF WORDS, LEAKED FROM THE INCONTINENT CREVICES OF TWO BRAINLESS GUSHING YAMMERTWATS, IT OVERFLOWETH, OH HOW IT OVERFLOWETH, SOGGING MY GRAY, PRACTICAL PAIR OF PANTS, THE LEGGINGS OF A SIMPLE MAN. A HUMBLE MAN. IT THEN CONTINUES ITS DOWNWARD TRICKLE, DOUSING MY UNREMARKABLE SHIRT, THE SERVICEABLE GARMENT OF YOUR AVERAGE ALTERNIAN "JOE", CHILLING THE FRAIL TORSO BENEATH, A PATHETIC DUFFEL OF MEAT WRACKED WITH HEAVY SOBS, SOBS CAUSED BY WORDS, WORDS WHICH CONTINUE TO DRIP. AND SLEUCE. AND SPILL. THREATENING TO DROWN ME. PLEDGING TO. PROMISING! AND YET I WILL NOT DROWN. WHY WON'T I DROWN? PLEASE LET ME DROWN. LET ME DROWN SO THE WORDS WILL BE NO MORE!

« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2015, 03:04:02 AM »
From Tumblr:
How much of Karkat?s tantrum was that he?s really sick of hearing Dave talk about sexual orientation because it?s so meaningless and just stop worrying about it and god, if I ever hear the words gay or homosexual again I?m going to have a fit!

And then he did.

Because it must be so annoying to be into someone having an existential crisis about being into you when your species has no concept of gay or straight much less hang ups over it. And we know how much Dave never shuts up.

And then to have your boyfriend who only just stopped talking about masculinity (and trolls are a matriarchal society, so the whole masculinity thing is just as annoying!) and internalized homophobia start explaining it all over again to somebody who is so confused by the idea that his friend is bisexual just like what is fucking natural*, the fucking words just never stop.
Quote from: Tags
#*what is fucking natural for trolls that is #the same way a human would be annoyed if their opposite sex partner was freaking out about being attracted to them #you can only be understanding for so long and all the navel gazing is getting in the way of sloppy interspecies make outs!

Edible

« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2015, 11:08:07 PM »
Reading rose and roxy converse is rather eyestrain-y.

« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2015, 11:57:22 PM »
ROSE: Vriska, however.
ROSE: She really is quite an extravagant bitch.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2015, 12:31:34 AM »

Waiting for the Vriska/Karkat/Kanaya convo, myself.

« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2015, 01:34:05 AM »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2015, 01:05:09 AM »
in case you needed to be reminded that vriska, whilst having more redeeming qualities now, is still totally kind of a bitch

poor jape.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2015, 02:00:07 AM »
in case you needed to be reminded that vriska, whilst having more redeeming qualities now, is still totally kind of a bitch

poor jape.

hahaha the best part is we all know how fucking full of it vriska is too because of the whole

jake is literally the only reason vriska's plan is not a complete absolute failure

ten bucks it's played off as vriska manipulating him to be useful and not being actual vriska

like no for real, jake's actually legitimately worth more than vriska unless you just go 'lucky br8ks are all vriska therefore she did everything'

i don't think vriska even does anything versus caliborn

it's great.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2015, 03:39:21 AM »
well Vriska DOES-oh no wait that's the other, dead vriska

she's going to do something that requires her to leave for a good while apparently??? I'm sure we'll get more on that soon

Although yeah, it's possible this is more of Vriska's "I'm just trying to toughen him up" like she did with Tavros in the past, but wow, uh.

Chaore

« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2015, 04:55:54 AM »
well Vriska DOES-oh no wait that's the other, dead vriska

she's going to do something that requires her to leave for a good while apparently??? I'm sure we'll get more on that soon

Although yeah, it's possible this is more of Vriska's "I'm just trying to toughen him up" like she did with Tavros in the past, but wow, uh.

I have an idea what she might be doing, but we'll see.

I'm not suggesting that in a serious sense, because frankly the fact Jake does do things(tm) in the end makes it more likely this is intentional irony, and it's more likely Vriska just came up with her own self-centered explanation for what happened with Tavros.

On the other hand, it's the kind of shit I wouldn't put past happening anyway because Vriska.

« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2015, 05:05:43 AM »
vriska likes to figure everything out to an extent, miss the large picture, then try to beat her flawed understanding into other people. if you believe in the answer to the ultimate riddle theory from the same tumblr with the Arquius -> Doc Scratch theory (which is very interesting imo but I'm enamored with tl;dr shit), the log brings to mind how she handled tavros' interest in his land's lore, which might've very well stunted his growth as a person

it's OK though because vriska is still hilarious.

Chaore

« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2015, 05:16:35 AM »
which might've very well stunted his growth as a person

this is basically plaintext

it's pretty hard to realistically argue tavros' problem literally isn't everything vriska, and the same is slightly happening here with jake if he takes this too hard (hopefully he won't, and vriska is fucking off now so she can't fully ruin him)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 05:23:11 AM by Chaore »

Edible

« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »
this is basically plaintext

it's pretty hard to realistically argue tavros' problem literally isn't everything vriska, and the same is slightly happening here with jake if he takes this too hard (hopefully he won't, and vriska is fucking off now so she can't fully ruin him)

*jape

« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2015, 01:54:52 AM »
VRISKA: Gotta keep morale up, you know?
oh yeah thats what youre doing

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2015, 01:26:51 AM »
roooooooooooooooooooooooooofl

Spoiler:
Rose's issues aren't very serious imo since drinking got kicked, but in order to get past what she does have (issues with authority, typical rebellious teen type etc, it's not really a big deal though?) she probably has to face herself, I guess! LITERALLY.

tl;dr Rose likes psychoanalyzing people, and she must finally sit down and do it to herself. She probably won't get around to it for quite awhile tho.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:32:06 AM by Selery »

Edible

« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2015, 01:53:26 AM »
ahahahahahahahaha oh my god

« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2015, 02:53:58 AM »
Yeah, this whole update had me nodding along, grinning at Dave's shenanigans, and then spittake

In other news, I'm mighty suspicious of the whole
Spoiler:
"don't touch singly-prototyped sprites"
thing ...

Chaore

« Reply #235 on: May 11, 2015, 02:42:40 AM »
i have missed dave so much even if we only say him like 2-3 updates ago.

Edible

« Reply #236 on: May 11, 2015, 03:50:33 PM »
Dave's foot-in-mouth syndrome is a thing of legend and beauty.

Spoiler:
Still having trouble getting over rosesprite.

Edible

« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
I liked reading this update but
Spoiler:
since nothing ever goes as planned in this comic, I kind of question the necessity of it all :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2015, 03:37:18 PM »
I liked reading this update but
Spoiler:
since nothing ever goes as planned in this comic, I kind of question the necessity of it all :V
Honestly, a good chunk of readers probably need to be reminded about the ridiculous amount of crazy shit that's in store :V It's been so long it's likely for non-rabid readers to have forgotten about something

Edible

« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:58 AM »
VRISKA: You can do it.
VRISKA: Just 8elieve in yourself, or whatever the fuck.