Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You and Ei translation  (Read 13810 times)

Gensou Shoujo Taisen You and Ei translation
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:15:01 PM »
I will send this message in both english and japonese to Sanbondo on Twitter:

Sanbondo could you please translate Gensou Shoujo Taisen You and Gensou Shoujo Taisen Ei into english we American/European fans can't translate the game to english because the games are encrypted so could you please translate these great games into english? Please Sanbondo there are a lot of fans that can't play these awesome games because we don't understand japanese, we would greatly appreciate if you translated them to english so that we english touhou fans can play them. 

Sanbondoあなたがゲームはあなたが英語にこれらの偉大なゲームを変換してくださいでしたので、暗号化されているので、英語にゲームを翻訳することはできません英語私たちのヨーロッパ/アメリカのファンに幻想少女大戦あなたと幻想少女大戦Eiのを翻訳していただけないでしょうか。私たちは英語東方ファンはそれらを再生できるように、英語に翻訳した場合に私たちが日本語を理解していないので、これらの素晴らしいゲームをプレイすることはできません多くのファンが存在するSanbondo、私たちは大いに感謝だろうしてください。

Hopefully they will translate it or at least give the password to decrypt the games.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You and Ei translation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »
Guys what does this mean:

1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »
It looks like a reCaptcha. If it is, you need to complete it to (presumably) send your tweet. I wasn't aware they had a twitter, by the way. Link?

Also, I would recommend editing your opening post and adding in the contents of your second post instead of simply making a brand new post. I tend to be economical when it comes to space  :)

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:45:08 PM »
Sure, here is the link to their twitter: https://twitter.com/sanbondo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:20:40 PM »
Alright i will do as Soul Devour said and decrease the amount of words in the english and japonese version:

Sanbondo could you please translate gensou shoujo taisen you and ei their are great games yet they aren't translated could you translate or give us the password to decrypt the game so that we can translate it?

Sanbondoあなたは幻想少女大戦を翻訳してくださいでしたあなたとEI彼らの偉大なゲームである、まだ彼らはあなたが翻訳したり、私たちがそれを翻訳できるように、ゲームを復号化するためのパスワードを与えることができる翻訳されていません?

Hopefully twitter will allow me to post this amount of words ( tweeting is highly limited with just 130 words )
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:49:51 PM by UnidentifiedFantastic1231 »

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 06:57:12 PM »
I did it i asked Sanbondo if they were willing to give us the password to decrypt Gensou Shoujo Taisen You and Ei :)

( All thats left is to see if it worked )

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 12:47:35 AM »
oh my god if this really works i'm in on the patching efforts
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »
Well i honestly think it might work ( if it doesn't work maybe we make a petition ), although i still don't have a response.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »
Alright i'm going to try again:

Could you please give us the password to decrypt and translate Gensou Shoujo Taisen You and Ei they are great games yet us American/European fans can't play the game because we don't understand anything that is written.
Much Appreciated 

あなたは私たちに解読し、幻想少女大戦君とEiは、彼らは偉大なゲームである、まだ私たちが書かれているものを理解していないので、私たちのヨーロッパ/アメリカのファンがゲームをプレイすることはできません翻訳するパスワードを与えてもらえます。
はるかに高く評価

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 07:14:46 PM »
Well apparently we will never see this translated :(

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:06:33 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »
Well, I've signed it.
Maybe our efforts in the translation thread can then be put to good use.

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 09:22:52 PM »
Didn't work so... i guess we will never see this translated :(
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:11:45 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:18 PM »
Thank you your help is greatly appreciated :)
Oh this petition is basically about Sanbondo giving us the password to decrypt Gensou Shoujo Taisen You and Ei, and it's followup ( which i seriously hope Sakuna and Seija are in it )
which will probably be about POTFV ( because it's a great opportunity to get every character together ) and maybe TD or DDC.

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 11:52:41 PM »
Update- this is a message from Sanbondo:

I will not translate this game just because you ask. It takes time to do these things. Time and effort. Why do you think you matter so much that I would take time out of my busy work schedule to translate this game? A petition doesn't make me obligated to do this. If I intended to make an english version I would have done that without you getting involved. There is no english verison. So that means I'm not interested. Now get lost.

To which i responded

Sanbondo we aren't asking you to translate this, we are only asking you to give us the password to decrypt the games so that we can translate them. The only thing you have to do is give the password that is all. The rest is up to us working at Maidens of the Kaleidoscope.

Sanbondo then replied the following

IT IS NEVER HAPPENING.

I ENCRYPT THESE FILES FOR A REASON. STOP TRYING TO CONTACT ME.

I then asked

You're not really Sanbondo are you?

He then responded

I do not appreacate you messaging me so much in so little time! You are a bother. I encrypt these files for a reason. Do not bother me again. I will not reply to you anymore. (My last messaging did not go through because duplicate email I think. I hope this one does.)

I then asked

But why did you encrypt them?

He then responded

The messagings here are delay? It is my right to protect my game as I want to. You have been messagings me CONSTANTLY I do not appreacate it at all!!! You are VERY annoying. I will never give you ANYTHING even if I wanted to because of this! Please respect my right to distribute and protect my game the way I want. It is NOT YOUR DECISION. You CANNOT FORCE ME. You have sent me several messagings and IT HAS TO STOP. If I do not reply, I AM NOT INTERESTED. I am going now and I will block further messagings from you. Good bye.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:15:15 AM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 12:42:38 AM »
Yeah, that should have ended after the first or second message. Seems pretty obvious that the circle doesn't want to translate and/or give the password to decrypt the games. It's really not surprising and it was almost certainly not a good idea to keep messaging back about it.

Also, this seriously did not need another topic (and one in the wrong forum to boot). Either one of the topics in the sub-forum would have been fine.

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 12:50:43 AM »
By the way i stopped it, i mean i really wanted to see this translated but i guess it will all be just a dream :( , oh and Sanbondo i am depply sorry for messaging you constantly about that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:07:49 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 01:04:35 AM »
Don't know how he got to it so soon
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 12:07:08 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:15 AM »
Yeah, that should have ended after the first or second message. Seems pretty obvious that the circle doesn't want to translate and/or give the password to decrypt the games. It's really not surprising and it was almost certainly not a good idea to keep messaging back about it.

Well i only messaged him 3 times ( 3 times in both english and japonese ).

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 01:16:02 AM »
Alright i have thought about this and if we ever want to see Fantasy Maiden Wars You and Ei in english there is only one person ( aside from Sanbondo who ... well you know ) : Mauve. Reason i say this he was the one that decrypted the Ei demo, so obviously, he should know how to decrypt these 2 ( although it will be hard to getting him on board with this mission ).

Drake

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 01:16:31 AM »
I think that was an appropriate response, and I was just about to ask you to cut it out.

1) If they're encrypting their data files even further than making their own archive format, they're doing it on purpose. They don't want it to be decrypted, and asking isn't going to change that.

2) The code mauve wrote was for the data file, not the exe. Furthermore, the data files aren't "encrypted" with MD5. MD5 is a hashing algorithm, which is strictly one-way, and generally can't be decrypted on its own.

3) There are english touhou fans, but not only are there significantly less and aren't the target audience, you can reasonably assume a majority of the people playing these games haven't actually purchased them. I seriously wouldn't want to cater to a group of people that pirated all my shit and then turned around and asked for more.

4) When you didn't receive any initial replies, you decided to keep messaging him, and even go as far to create a petition, which would have done what? Been used to spam him some more? If you didn't get a first reply you should have just stopped. Of course he's going to be frustrated at you, you're being a prick.

5) The japanese messages that you've sent are utter gibberish and are clearly just put through machine translation. I know you meant well but if your goal was to send him a message he might be able to understand, not only did you give him the opposite, but it looks incredibly lazy and is totally disrespectful. And then asking him if he was even Sanbon[do], as if he were a fake? Why did you think that was a good idea at all?

6) We do not represent your wishes and you shouldn't have told him this is an effort by "MotK" if you don't actually have a dedicated team of people on board. Would you actually be a part of such a translation group? Do you have the skills to work with hacking the game to make an english version, or a coding up a patch? By sending him these messages and saying you're from "us working at MotK" you're making everyone look bad. EDIT: Although by the sounds of it he's only really annoyed at you, so that's good at least.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:37:57 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 04:51:35 AM »
Well damn, I was hoping you wouldn't resort to petitioning and such.

Now basically the dev is going to be a bit sore whenever MoTK is mentioned, and this retroactively lessens the chances of us getting an English version. Not only officially - see Aquastyle, who implemented DRM on Fushigi no Gensokyo the moment someone asked for localization details. :S

Don't spam devs. They don't like it. :S

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 06:55:13 AM »
I am also discomforted by the fact you're (ab)using our name for your own greedy desires. I think Drake already summed up nicely so I don't need to echo/repeat what was said.

Since RikaNitori is a noDrama Zone, I'm going to enforce this rule heavily, regarding the situation.
- Firstly, kindly requesting you to drop the petition links (edit them out from your threads).
- Secondly, please use the edit button more and stick to one thread. You created two threads for the same thing. I am intending on merging it together and in fact locking it since the author declined the request.
- Finally, we respect each other's work. This includes the wishes of developers or authors.

It almost feels like now we have to sent the developer an official apology e-mail due to this. It almost feels like an unprecedented event.

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 11:49:17 AM »
Sorry but i was not just answering my wishes, i was answering a lot of people's wishes ( seeing an english version ) ( by the way i stopped the petition and said sorry ) .

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »
Eh, it's not like we can't just write a translation document of the script and dialogues for everyone to read. Suboptimal, yes, but still better than nothing.
Also, I hope you keep this lesson to your heart. You bit off more than you can chew, and ended up making a major faux pas in desperation. I'm not blaming you or anything, I just hope you learned to think twice.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 12:29:38 PM »
Sorry but i was not just answering my wishes, i was answering a lot of people's wishes
Like Drake said, your intentions weren't bad or wrong, just poorly executed thus resulting in negative response from both author and us as community. Such things require patience, care and planning. Can't go Rambo-style on these kind of things :V

Either way, if the author is indeed reading our forum, he/she hopefully seen that you are realising your mistakes and handled accordingly. That pleases me and I am sure we can all be satisfied with the current situation.

That said, merging threads + locking.