Author Topic: OTAKON 2014 - AUGUST 8-10 - ALL CAPS EDITION  (Read 33678 times)

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: OTAKON 2014 - AUGUST 8-10 - ALL CAPS EDITION
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »
Overboat couldn't attend last year for money reasons, hence me balking at outright saying that he'd be a major contributor. Anyway, there will be a push for Touhou stuff at MAGFest and that might be another thread entirely.

Anyway, Blingee was giving me fits so go nuts with this on your own:

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2014, 11:25:56 PM »
Did he go last year? I know he went two years ago but I'm not sure if he was able to make it, being all west coast and all. I know he's REALLY BIG on Magfest tho. I wish I could go but I'm usually out of the state on winter break in Austin and I think this year it directly conflicts with Ohayocon (which is much closer, much less of a time commitment and above all, much cheaper).

Panel was great! I think this was the first Otakon panel (other than my absolute abortion of the very first Touhou panel at Otakon) I got to speak at :3 WAS AWESOME I WISH I HAD TIME TO GET MORE INVOLVED WITH IT :[
Looks like he didn't go last year due to it being expensive. :/ Dunno about this year, but you could ask him Tuesday I'd imagine. I'd like to visit something like Ohayocon or MAGFest myself if my studies don't get in the way (Which they tend to do >.>:)

That was pretty cool to see our dark overlord decked out in Nazrin gear. Wish I could have said "Hi", but Saturday was rather overloaded for me... @_@;

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2014, 11:40:58 PM »
A tiny clever commander indeed :3

I know how you feel about overloaded tho T~T I didn't goto the Touhou dinner and I only went to the Saturday/Sunday shoots. As much as I love Otakon there's ALWAYS too much to do every time :[
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:42:29 PM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2014, 11:46:09 PM »
The fatigue somehow hit me harder than things to do, though my main modus operandi was 'get loot, hang out with sl nerds' so i accomplished both

would've liked to hit the panel, but I was absolutely exhausted even at the shoot ><

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2014, 11:50:17 PM »
I wasn't as much tired as there was just too much for me to do. It didn't help I wasted an hour flailing around the hotel room looking for my mouse ear on Saturday and ended up going back to the room twice to just get out of it for a bit to stop overheating. As much as I loved that cosplay it is NOT fun to wear when it's remotely warm outside.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2014, 11:55:34 PM »
I know how you feel about overloaded tho T~T I didn't goto the Touhou dinner and I only went to the Saturday/Sunday shoots. As much as I love Otakon there's ALWAYS too much to do every time :[

I wanted to go to way more stuff and it ends up feeling like I did, like, nothing. And most of what I did do were just take pics at photoshoots. :V

(Fun fact: I took more pics at the Amnesia shoot on Sunday than I did at all of Tekko. Though you have to consider I took 2-3 shots a pose so it sorta works out to less.)

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2014, 12:01:50 AM »
That Utena pin is absolutely precious  :3

Also ROLL CALL WHO'S GOT THE OTAKOLD?
  • triangles

Me me me.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2014, 01:55:50 AM »
Anyway, Blingee was giving me fits so go nuts with this on your own:

:getdown: :getdown: :getdown:

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2014, 02:03:24 AM »
IS THIS BLINGEE TIME?
I THINK THIS IS BLINGEE TIME

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2014, 05:52:03 AM »
I wonder if anyone even uses Blingee non-ironically anymore.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2014, 07:01:21 AM »
I wonder if anyone even uses Blingee non-ironically anymore.

I wonder if anyone even used Blingee non-ironically ever.

« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2014, 10:50:24 AM »
I see you don't use facebook often

« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2014, 11:59:01 AM »
I have finished sorting through a truly ridiculous amount of photos and bring you a smaller (but still ridiculous) selection of photos.

http://imgur.com/a/PpdmQ

Photos are also up on facebook, so if you want to tag yourselves I'll post an album link as well.

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
Yaaaay, photos!
(I finally get to see my Kaguya cosplay.)

All the shoots were fun as always. I thank Kilga and company over and over again for organizing these events.

Edible

« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »
And Kilga, in turn, thanks copious amounts of cough drops.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
Strangely enough, my throat has been fine the entire time. Aside from some raspiness yesterday, I'm doing okay in that regard.

My tongue, on the other hand, feels like someone scrubbed it with sandpaper for an hour. No clue why. I certainly don't remember eating anything scorchingly hot recently.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2014, 04:10:59 PM »
I'm officially renaming conplague to conleg, because my legs are useless and I can barely sit or stand.

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
This was my second con and my first time at Otakon and I had a good time.

I'm officially renaming conplague to conleg, because my legs are useless and I can barely sit or stand.
Yeah, I didn't get sick but my legs are still feeling sore along with my shoulders.

Anyway, I took a lot of pictures so here they are: http://kingneodymium.imgur.com/

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2014, 06:57:04 PM »

I think I finally feel ready to try an MG kit again (got an MG Strike Noir back in college but fucked up the screws so bad I couldn't finish the torso ;_;) since the HG Sinanju I got at Tekko turned out to be pretty complex. The Unicorn Banshee was tempting but grabbing the Freedom instead let me also get the Qubeley Papillon without dipping into my dinner reserve and my very first kit was the ungraded-but-roughly-HG 1/100 Justice so they'll make a nice pair. And I got a bonus just extra weapon-y thing for spending over $50 so that was cool.

QUBELEY PAPILLON

Details about pitfalls/things to look out for and seam fills required when available plzkthx. 

I plan to build it and try my hand at a metallic paint job; apparently Vallejo has a metallic base; the rest is just mixing up the right turquoise/teal blend going on. 

THIS

My fuckin' knees throughout the entire con felt like they were wearing down.  I think I'm definitely getting old.

Although ironically enough despite horrible eating schedules and not at all nutritious options (PROTIP: the Sheraton has a lounge, GET ACCESS TO IT.  Full breakfast AND dinner, if it's like $20 per room you save SO much money on food) I somehow managed to lose 4 fucking pounds - 4 POUNDS - between Thursday AM and this AM. 

Lotsa walking and standing maybe?  But still, the creakiness is now just fading.

#oldmeido
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:18:44 PM by Mikhail Josepovich Prokofiev »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »
It's not old hag knees I hope :[ thankfully it's not my knees that hurt it's just my calves are like OMG YOU'RE USING ME

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2014, 11:34:31 PM »
FYI hotel reg site opens up tomorrow at 9am. Link

Previous years it had been hilariously easy to game the system to get next year's reg site, and for a brief period it was open but they locked it down this time. #conmeido already has a giant block of rooms, this is more for people looking to snag their own things. If you want your own room you better be hammering that site immediately because they tend to go VERY fast for the better hotels (Days Inn/Hilton/Hyatt).

Also Otakon '15 is July 24-26th.

« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2014, 02:58:24 AM »
Details about pitfalls/things to look out for and seam fills required when available plzkthx.

idk I don't usually fuss with anything more complex than snap it together, slap the decals on and go. :V But yeah if anything really glaring sticks out at me I'll let you know.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
I got home from errands at 7 last night. I fell asleep at 8 and only woke up to brush my teeth and get a drink. I then woke up at 6 this morning a little before the alarm went off. Considering I got an extra half-night's worth of sleep in (almost) a single go, Otakon is physically out of my system. Oh you poor dears with the conplague.  :ohdear:

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2014, 01:00:32 AM »
SHOOT. I FORGOT TO POST MY NEW COSPLAY MUSIC VIDEO HERE. GAH!!

OTAKON 2014 COSPLAY: "THE SHOWCASE"

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2014, 03:46:42 PM »
Hokay, it's a bit late thanks to my computer that I normally upload things from repeatedly shutting down just for the fun of it but, likewise, here's Otakon 2014:

Photoshoots and Panel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYimcvkHGXREfuntmPTpZUROFghOaCbvx

The Whole Shebang (now with 100% more Hidamari Sketchy): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYimcvkHGXRH0EtRY9VLlFGs3-FYutB8y

Edible

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
The Hidamari Sketch group really made the whole con.

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2014, 05:45:24 PM »
Hi, does anyone know the name of that 4 player game that was played at the end of the panel?  Thanks!  I also enjoyed the Touhou panel you guys ran!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2014, 05:54:34 PM »
Hello, and thank you for attending! That game is called AMaPaNi, named after the four playable characters. Since you've already found his thread, you can indeed request a copy from N-Forza if you like (he is how I got my copy).
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
Hello, and thank you for attending! That game is called AMaPaNi, named after the four playable characters. Since you've already found his thread, you can indeed request a copy from N-Forza if you like (he is how I got my copy).

Ok, thank you!