Author Topic: Rhythm Heaven Mafia (Superb)  (Read 74365 times)

Re: rhythm Heaven Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2014, 06:47:27 AM »
Vote on Affinity masks empty unvote, why abandon policy proposal already?
for one had done what I wanted it to (get people to talk about things), second that's hardly "masking an empty unvote" when I suspected Dan in the same post. I just felt stronger about the Affinity vote.

Prims is fishy for putting down serious vote asap, regurgitating a lot of words in RVS (trying for brownie points?)
either of these might annoy you but they have nothing to do with my alignment, especially since the lots of words weren't empty, they were relevant to my attempts to get posts out of other people (so I could form reads)

Lynch Scum, not slackers (unless slackers are scummy).
before my proposition there was exactly one (1) jokepost. what scum was I supposed to be lynching
this is also exactly why I dropped the proposition once I had real scumreads so the answer to your case should be pretty self-evident.

I'm uncertain why Affinity would put out an unclear RVS vote in the middle of a serious argument; that's begging to be misinterpreted. Also think there's an intentional lack of accountability in his posts.
Sky_Paladin bugs me because he seems to find me suspicious if his interaction with Affinity is any indication, but ignores me entirely and doesn't even take issue with me giving a pass to his primary scumread.
Not fond of Bard as he's taking things too face-value, and intentionally not reading between the lines makes it easier to fake a case. Also stating something that by itself is not inherently scummy then tacking on the brownie points part in parenthesis looks like padding his post.

Re: rhythm Heaven Mafia (Night 0)
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2014, 07:01:51 AM »

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2014, 07:09:50 AM »
actually wtf bard don't seriously try to push "Prims is suspect for putting down a serious vote ASAP" when your "thing" used to be trying to end RVS immediately. This is easily the most constructed thing I've seen this game, it's already bad for the point to not be alignment-indicative but here you should actively know it isn't.

##Unvote
##Vote: Bard

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
Also that whole case kind of bothers me. Dorian is scummy based on a confirmation vote?
The so called fence sitting is non indicative of alignment at least at this stage of the game.
And overall it looks like Sky is just throwing shit around to see if it sticks.
Describe what happened in the 20 minutes between this post and the one that came before it.

Vote: Prims
Policy lynch or threat on Dan seems like legit reasoning for Scum to mislynch. Vote on Affinity masks empty unvote, why abandon policy proposal already? Suspect LLD may be on to something, Prims is fishy for putting down serious vote asap, regurgitating a lot of words in RVS (trying for brownie points?) and I disagree with his rhetoric on AD seeming Town-minded. Lynch Scum, not slackers (unless slackers are scummy).
Why is it a shifty unvote and not a move onto more pressing things? Has anyone said it was Town-minded? Why is scum > slackers even relevant to an earlygame prod wagon?

Feel like Sky is Town on the Dorian theory rather than make-shit-up Mafia. His following posts show proactivity despite not pressing everything he could have. (@Prims) Though I'd like to ask to what extent did you "figure [Dorian] was scum during the confirmation phase".

##Vote CF7

I wanna do this because I felt like the followup to his RVS is him trying to tack on reasons to his existing vote instead of doing greater things. And the reasons aren't good.

Agree on not liking Bard's case. Already thought the arguments were weak and Prims makes a good point.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2014, 07:26:04 AM »
Actually I take that back. Arguments weren't "weak" (I have similar backburner suspicions about brownie points), I just feel that way now. I guess the case as a whole just doesn't hold much value to me is what I meant.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2014, 07:28:34 AM »
Wow this is a short RVS.

But I don't much agree with the fledgeling cases  at this point, especially since a fair amount of them are somewhat speculative.

So I'm just gonna throw down my RVS vote for the time being since it is too early for me to think and I just woke up so I will be useful later.

#Vote: Shadoweh

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2014, 07:31:01 AM »
 :dragonforce:  Shadoweh isn't playing though.

You may not agree with any of the cases, but don't you have opinions on the casemakers?

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2014, 07:35:15 AM »
"brownie points" is the worst argument ever because if scum would do specific things to look town, town would also want to do those things. It's worthless unless Bard has actual reason to believe it's coming from scum!me faking it, otherwise I guess everybody in this game is only pretending to find and vote scum for brownie points, except for Moridin and Raikaria who are True Townies.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2014, 07:39:19 AM »
##Unvote:
##Vote: Raikaria

but Raikaria is scum though.  He has nothing to say about the entire game posting so lets go back to rvs.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2014, 07:40:24 AM »
Shrug, I thought similar to what Affinity feels about your Dorian read at first (kinda fake) but came around to seeing it as null. Think the brownie points gut feeling is sourced there.

I indeed don't know about Bard though. The early half of the case can qualify but I read it and I go "ehh". Bard where did the Prims read originate from? The policy lynch?

Typing and eating potato chips is hard.

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2014, 08:15:22 AM »
Who is LLD?

So we are currently in "serious voting stage"? Arguments seem too weak for me to take seriously.

The fact that Prims is pushing this MAFIA hunting so early makes me inclined to think he's TOWN though. A MAFIA player logically would want TOWN to do as little MAFIA hunting as possible.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 08:36:35 AM »
The witch of certainty is LadyLambdadelta or LLD or LSD

and being the one to end rvs has long been a nulltell

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2014, 09:35:35 AM »
Describe what happened in the 20 minutes between this post and the one that came before it.
First i thought that he was scummy, then i just put it into words, why i thought so.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2014, 09:54:26 AM »
First i thought that he was scummy, then i just put it into words, why i thought so.
I don't think that's what's being implied by your posts.

Vote Sky_Paladin
He looks like some sort of youkai. And they are evil. By default.
Also that whole case kind of bothers me. [...]
I mean, first quote is just your average RVS vote. If you thought him scummy without putting it to words, it really doesn't show.

Is nothing else bothering you?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2014, 10:02:55 AM »
##Unvote:
##Vote: Raikaria

but Raikaria is scum though.  He has nothing to say about the entire game posting so lets go back to rvs.

Raikaria has just crawled out of bed and always make an RVS post even if he missed it. I do this every time I miss RVS and I had literally been awake for 5 mins.

And I did say something about the actual game. I said I don't agree with the rather speculative stuff thrown around so far. That is something to say about the game so far. So don't misrep me. K?

I mean; to elaborate; things like Sky talking about the Dorian vote in #43 is rather speculative; especially for this part of the game. I mean, asking if a vote is serious at this state and fence-sitting on a silly RVS policy lynch? That's not really anything you can read into. Also I doubt he's rolefishing, it's just his sarcasm sensors are more broken than mine.

Also things like Bard saying an empty unvote is being masked with not a lot to go on at this time is ugh.

Also wait I'm sure Shadoweh signed up. Who cares I'll RVS someone not even in the game anyway.

##Vote: huhwhat
##Vote: Prims

Logical stuff.  Well, more tone than anything, but if reasons needed, then some of the questioning feels pretending.  Like his conclusion on Dorian. 

too finely shaded two pages in.
Also find this interesting. No unvote between these. Is Affinity Doublevoting? Need to wait for a votecount for this.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2014, 10:04:28 AM »
Not actually got anyone I want to vote for right now so I'll keep my Shadoweh vote for the time being. I just got a few things which irk me about some of the cases being thrown around but I'm not gonna try to push people off a cliff for bad cases just coming out of RVS.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
C'mon, of course votes are gonna be weak at this stage but you have to commit to something anyway. Vote what bothers you the most.

CF7

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2014, 10:15:35 AM »
I mean, first quote is just your average RVS vote.
If you thought him scummy without putting it to words, it really doesn't show.
It was a semi-serious vote.

Well, there's Prims and his argument and to me it looked like rvs shenanigans but i didn't find it scummy.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2014, 10:18:42 AM »
C'mon, of course votes are gonna be weak at this stage but you have to commit to something anyway. Vote what bothers you the most.

Fine but in before accusations of OMGUS:

#Unvote
#Vote: Schezo

His reason for voting me is a misrep. He said I had 'nothing' to say about the game when I did say I disagreed with many of the cases formed such far since they were rather speculative. Therefor voting me and saying I had 'nothing' to say when I indeed did say something is a misrep.

I didn't say much about the game state in my first non-confirmation post admittedly; so it's a minor misrep but it's still a misrep.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2014, 10:23:20 AM »
it's a misrep to say you had nothing to commit to when you kept a jokevote until prompted.  10/10 would lynch for buzzword use.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »
You did have nothing of your own to say about the game at that point. "I don't agree with anything" is, well, really, what does it add? It's not a "misrep".

Schezo: How's this different from Raikaria's usual stuff? You played last game, he uses buzzwords all the time. Meat up you case if you want to keep it.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »
it's a misrep to say you had nothing to commit to when you kept a jokevote until prompted.  10/10 would lynch for buzzword use.

No; that's not a misrep.

I do not consider your misrep that bad; as I said; it's minor.

It's just the worst thing I've seen so far. I'll probobly move off as soon as there's actually something bigger that I dislike.

You did have nothing of your own to say about the game at that point. "I don't agree with anything" is, well, really, what does it add? It's not a "misrep".

Saying the majority of the cases around so far were weak because of being somewhat speculative? Besides; I took him saying I had 'nothing' to say as no opinions at all. Not 'nothing to ADD' There's a difference.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
Phone post, on my way to work.

##Vote: BT

Tell me, what exactly is it that you find scummy about CF7? Cause I really don't see it.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2014, 12:12:50 PM »
Prewarning I am smaushed

affinity
reluctance to policy lynch someone until later is a perfectly valid opinion. 

No its bad.  Its saying "I have no opinion now but later when I am pressed I may elect to go for a policy lynch" and thus handwave excuse for not having to scumhunt.  It doesn't advance the towny cause at all in terms of scum hunting.  Dorian made three posts where he was ambivalent about Dan when he didn't need to make any so it looks like fake posting to me. 

pop psychology in B-grade mafia games
He's scum because his response to the crime wasn't "this is how it affects me" (the way a normal person reacts) but "those bastards/revenge" which is an RL criminal tell, so I thought, hey I bet it works in mafia too. 

CF7
And they are evil. By default.
Evil is just a point of view.  From my point of view you are tasty. 

Dorian is scummy based on a confirmation vote?
He is scummy based on his confirmation post and his Danhandling. 

Prims
Sky_Paladin bugs me because he seems to find me suspicious if his interaction with Affinity is any indication, but ignores me entirely and doesn't even take issue with me giving a pass to his primary scumread.

When you omgus voted I was alerted.  It turns out I didn't read your post properly, I thought you voted for aff then responded to LSD.  When I questioned you, you didn't make up stuff retroactively, and just reposted what I missed.  So I decided your vote was legit and not fakecontent.  I was also kind of busy. 

BT
Though I'd like to ask to what extent did you "figure [Dorian] was scum during the confirmation phase".
As soon as I read it I felt something was off.  I thought about it while I was at work to try and figure out why it was off. 

CF7
Your reason is because I have a Cirno avatar.  I know Cirno broke our game but this is a different game now, so you have to let old grudges go. 

Dorian
Tell me, what exactly is it that you find scummy about CF7? Cause I really don't see it.
I assume it's because he (CF7) attempted to pass off a RVS vote as serious and then when challenged ...I don't know what he did.  It's worth voting for. 
I didn't expect you to ignore my case and vote for some other guy though.  Ill have to srot this mess out when I havel ess alcohol.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
*glances upwards*
Well at least he's got most of the words typed correctly...

Anyway, this guy doesn't seem to have posted at all (unless his username is something different...) so I'm going to vote for him and see what happens.
##vote Huhwhat

Also.

Maybe I shouldn't role claim at this point but apparently my "role" is to "be able to talk during the night phase". It seems a pretty pointless role, I'm thinking I must have rolled vanilla TOWN and the mod decided it would be funny to give me the ability to post more, considering how little I posted in the last game. Apparently I'm the only one with the ability to post in the night phase. So if anyone else claims it we should lynch him, for being a poser.

If anyone doubts my claim (lol) then be sure to remind me to post during the night just before this phase ends. Otherwise, it's possible I will have gotten over my indignation and forgotten all about it by then.

CF7

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »
CF7, Evil is just a point of view.  From my point of view you are tasty.

I insist that i am in fact delicious and not just tasty.
He is scummy based on his confirmation post
I posted *Bang* as my confirmation post, does that make me scummy? [sarcasm]Because, you know, that's totally reasonable[/sarcasm]
CF7, your reason is because I have a Cirno avatar.  I know Cirno broke our game but this is a different game now, so you have to let old grudges go. 
It has nothing to do with your avatar being Cirno. It's just, that your case is kind of baseless at best.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »
Hmm, actually, I think I can see what he means in #72 now. I also went over Medaka Box's earlygame and his opinions are a lot firmer here, which could be because circumstances are different, but I think I don't actually find him scummy at time of posting.

:V

Dorian, you started the Dan thing with "I'm against policy by default" (that's a pretty good quote, by the way), amended with "a vote on Dan is useless" and ended up acknowledging that town can put pressure on Dan that way. It seems like conflicting answers which suggests that you didn't take the questioning very well.

Sky's drunk babblng I was just cut by gave me scum vibes like where he responded to Prims and Affinity, but I'm pretty sure "I thought about it at work" is Town. I'd love to see you talk about other folks when you come back.

##Unvote
##Vote Bardiche

I also changed my mind on Raikaria/Schezo, Schezo saying Raikaria's bad for not commiting until I pressed him is right. Trying to excuse not having a vote because "I'm not gonna try to push people off a cliff for bad cases just coming out of RVS" is nonsense and probably scum-minded because you don't want to be accused of having a weak vote. He's also ignoring my interpretation that Schezo meant "nothing YOU have to say" as in original content or any problems with the votes you decided weren't good enough. Major, minor, whatever, accusing Schezo of misrepresentaiton here is just ignoring the big picture.

CUT: huhwhat is Prims. Also that's an Insomniac. Aren't you the crazy who went through every MotK game? You have no excuses.
CUT: ...by CF7 enforcing my decision with "your case is kind of baseless at best". I like. Okay.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2014, 01:05:45 PM »
The first part of that post is directed at Dorian and the last two cuts at Moridin and CF7 respectively. I'm voting Bard because "I agree with huhwhat" and want to see that resolved first. I'm sure I've seen Raikaria hesitate to vote earlygame before but I don't remember what game it was in. Maybe Raikaria can help. I feel like it's still in the realm of Town Raikaria, though, and I've already done my best atm by posting what I did up there.

CF7

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »
Hm... Reread the thread.
A bit concerned about content of Lexicat's post. Or lack of thereof.
Vote on Prims. Encouraging other people to vote Prims. And more or less that's it. I'll wait for more posts, but so far this is quite bad, imo. Vote stays on Sky for the moment.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
He's also ignoring my interpretation that Schezo meant "nothing YOU have to say" as in original content or any problems with the votes you decided weren't good enough.

Saying the majority of the cases around so far were weak because of being somewhat speculative? Besides; I took him saying I had 'nothing' to say as no opinions at all. Not 'nothing to ADD'. There's a difference.

I did not ignore you. I simply explained what I saw Schezo as saying as a response.