Author Topic: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: GAME OVER SK WINS  (Read 25693 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: Day 4 [Highly Likly] MYLO
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2014, 03:14:54 AM »
Just fyi, lynching is a team effort and we need 3 of the 4 not-themselves people to agree on a vote to get anyone lynched.

Not lynching wouldn't be the end of the world since it says Mylo, and we could hope the not-towns try to kill eachother harder than they would rather go for not-likely-lynchable people like me, but I don't really think it would actually be productive. Plus it'd be boring
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 03:39:43 AM »
Just fyi, lynching is a team effort and we need 3 of the 4 not-themselves people to agree on a vote to get anyone lynched.
(this is relevant because if I vote cf7 and go to work, and then people decide to all vote cheez AFTERWORDS, there could be an accidental or even anti-town-enforced NL)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2014, 04:03:40 AM »
I prefer Cheez over CF7, but there's one thing bothering me.
Local Time:January 23, 2014, 08:02:45 am
Last Active: January 21, 2014, 04:53:37 am
@Mod Are we getting a replacement + extension for CF7 or what? I'm not enthused about lynching correctly in potential MYLO with a completely absent player. This should have been resolved already because it makes the situation nigh unplayable.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2014, 04:21:10 AM »
I had him in mind when I was thinking of people who were likely to flake out on voting at all, but I didn't realize he had literally been gone since the very start of the day.

I have no words to respond to this with, because every option for responding to the situation seems terrible >>

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2014, 07:55:49 AM »
Fuck, fuck, fuck. My home Internet broke, so i wasn't able to reread anyone. Glad to see the day isn't over yet.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

CF7

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2014, 08:28:33 AM »
Actually i'm leaning on voting either Serela (on a basis of having 2 VT in what apparently is a rolemadness game is kind of unrealistic and Serela is probably a SK) or SB (i'm not sure why, but i'm getting the mafia scum feeling from him and he's probably faking his claim, and Cheez is likely to be town).
Conq reads town'ish enough, at least i'm not getting anything scummy from him.
Also if you remember my claim, second part of it was, that i live for one more day after being night killed and can still vote.

CF7

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2014, 09:25:19 AM »
Or we can no-lynch hoping that last mafia and SK shoot each other.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2014, 10:51:50 AM »
I prefer Cheez over CF7, but there's one thing bothering me.@Mod Are we getting a replacement + extension for CF7 or what? I'm not enthused about lynching correctly in potential MYLO with a completely absent player. This should have been resolved already because it makes the situation nigh unplayable.

CF7 has returned regardless. I planned to prod him when I woke up; and if he needed to be replaced; I would have extended the day.

However it is my bad for not prodding him earlier; I overlooked the am/pm of his previous post.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:53:28 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:03 AM »
13 hours until deadline. Due to CF7's absence and my mess-up with prodding him [Although a prod would have done nothing with borked internet] I am willing to extend by 24 hours if it is agreed necessary.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140123T2356&p0=136&msg=End+of+D4

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

CF7

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2014, 12:04:11 PM »
Well i'm not sure if it's necessary, but extend would be helpful.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2014, 02:13:26 PM »
"I want to lynch Serela because he claimed VT, because we already have a flipped VT"
 :fail:

Do you think town seriously needs EVEN MORE ROLEPOWERS in this setup? Then again, we only had a mislynch on d1 and we're still in mylo d4 >_>;

And again, no-lynching probably varies from not-helpful to "Now town literally cannot win". Think about it. If they don't shoot eachother, we might end up in 1v1v1 lylo instead. The SK does NOT EVEN NEED TO SHOOT MAFIA, because they can endgame the maf. No lynching isn't a good idea. It'd only be good if the SK tried not to shoot mafia and accidentally did it anyway :V

I think I want to lynch CF7 more. While an extend doesn't sound half bad, since he showed back up pretty fast, I think it's not very necessary on the basis that I doubt we're going to make a lot of use of the extra discussion time regardless >> I'm fine with one if a bunch of other people want it but, eh.

##Vote CF7

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2014, 02:15:58 PM »
oops I turned off emoticons when I meant to use the :fail: one ;_;

CF7

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
Do you think town seriously needs EVEN MORE ROLEPOWERS in this setup? Then again, we only had a mislynch on d1 and we're still in mylo d4 >_>;
Considering we're at LyLo with only 1 mislynch, i'd say yes.

And again, no-lynching probably varies from not-helpful to "Now town literally cannot win". Think about it. If they don't shoot eachother, we might end up in 1v1v1 lylo instead. The SK does NOT EVEN NEED TO SHOOT MAFIA, because they can endgame the maf. No lynching isn't a good idea. It'd only be good if the SK tried not to shoot mafia and accidentally did it anyway :V
But mafia pretty much needs to shoot SK. Also my memory is a little fuzzy, but doesn't mafia has priority on kills over SK?

Also, you want to lynch me as who, just curious?

CF7

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2014, 02:51:52 PM »
we're at LyLo with only 1 mislynch, i'd say yes.
*MyLo

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »
Mafia wants to shoot the SK, but no-lynching to try to let them do that is one helluva risk because it may very well lose the game for town- and the SK might be BP for all we know. >_>; It'd only make sense in a setup with this many kills. BP is a normal SK power in the first place.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2014, 03:20:10 PM »
For people who use CF7's priorities as a reason to think he's town at this point, keep in mind Mafia actually has to care who they mislynch today because they want to successfully lynch on an SK. Even if town was lynched, mafia would have to pray on nk'ing the SK after.

Actually, it might be safer for them not to NK tonight, to ensure at least 3 people going into lylo tomorrow. If the SK is bp that'd give Mafia a chance again at killing them... if they weren't nightkilled themselves.

Of course, from there, the SK wouldn't want to NK, because if they really shot the mafia it'd be 3P lylo with two townies trying to catch them, which is far scarier than 4p lylo where town is moreso trying to lynch mafia. B) (Oh wait... town already lost in these situations. Yeah we're dead if we don't lynch correctly today)

CF7

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
Not lynching wouldn't be the end of the world since it says Mylo, and we could hope the not-towns try to kill eachother harder than they would rather go for not-likely-lynchable people like me, but I don't really think it would actually be productive. Plus it'd be boring
Somehow you went from "no-lynch is okay, but boring" to "omg, no-lynch is a Bad Thing?"
Also where did i push for no-lynch in the first place? I only said that it's an alternative. Nothing more, nothing less.
And i'd rather lynch Serela at this point.
##Vote Serela.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2014, 04:18:06 PM »
well I thought about it more because you actually advocated no-lynching as a serious option

Even before, I said "I don't really think it'd be productive". And lo and behold, I thought harder, and it isn't >_>

If I really was the SK I wouldn't be bringing up arguments against no-lynch actively I think, because if other people had wanted to go along with it or a stealth-nl was possible that'd be cool for me. But that's pointless speculation regardless.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2014, 04:33:23 PM »
also for whatever it's worth raikaria did say third party > Maf > town in kill resolution

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »
Actually i'm leaning on voting either Serela (on a basis of having 2 VT in what apparently is a rolemadness game is kind of unrealistic and Serela is probably a SK) or SB (i'm not sure why, but i'm getting the mafia scum feeling from him and he's probably faking his claim, and Cheez is likely to be town).
Conq reads town'ish enough, at least i'm not getting anything scummy from him.
Also if you remember my claim, second part of it was, that i live for one more day after being night killed and can still vote.

Do you think me pretty much driving the Shadoweh lynch past the point of no return was a bus then? On the Serela point I actually kind of thought similarly but in a different way (about no duplicate roles existing.) Serela saying nl wouldn't be that bad but then suddenly attacking CF7 for doing it doesn't make me feel any better about him either. He's also been pretty much jumping around on his suspicions throughout the phase iirc (just gonna check that now to make sure), which really doesn't look good on him.

Will probably vote for Serela at phase end, and I'll be around before then.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2014, 06:30:36 PM »
Also since a few people voiced suspicions of me over the course of the phase I would like Cheez to Jail me and see how many kills we get, providing we get an antitown flip of course.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
serela's attitudes towards cheez over the course of the phase, and where he's at now:

Thought about it. Up for lynching Cheez or CF7.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Cheez stuff.

That leaves CF7 then.
Conq brings up a good point about Cheez's crumbing. That'd be prostrats for the mafia if they did do it. Everyone should be taking notes.
But I don't know who else I'd want to lynch more >_>;

Maybe Cheez isn't a bad idea after all...?
I'm not confident about anyone flipping not-town and I think mister BP sounds like a good enough candidate to be the SK himself, and SB could easily be fitting those kills in and faking night actions, or maybe even have the special third-party-boon of doing both.

Actually, SB probably -is- the SK. Although that cop result would have outted him... well, Cheez might be godfather after all. But... oh god Serela stop waffling just vote

Anyway, the one to get nightkilled in this situation, assuming things go another night, would probably be me out of anyone- Conq's claimed BP and I'm the least likely lynch. So if we have the mafia member wrong we've already lost regardless, as my death wouldn't narrow things down at all.

Anyway, I have to leave for work really soon >_>; I wanted to read the next update of Rou's Cafe Zero LP, but I might not have time...

##Vote Cheez

Tempted to vote SB just in case he's lying maf instead of SK (that makes it even EASIER to fake a cop result) but

mmph

suddenly I want to switch my vote to SB instead

Okay, there'll be time after work. Don't need to make a hasty decision. I should finally get around to doing some actual detective work on this game around then >_>;

##Unvote

cut by conq unvoting anyway lulz
I think I want to lynch CF7 more. While an extend doesn't sound half bad, since he showed back up pretty fast, I think it's not very necessary on the basis that I doubt we're going to make a lot of use of the extra discussion time regardless >> I'm fine with one if a bunch of other people want it but, eh.

##Vote CF7

basically serela's posts this phase contain enough waffles to solve world hunger

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2014, 06:42:06 PM »
its also worth noting that mafia can potentially win this phase due to kill priorites, where as sk can't

Raikaria, would a third party kill hook a mafia kill? Would it hook other actions (such as rolecoping, for example) too?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »
its also worth noting that mafia can potentially win this phase due to kill priorites, where as sk can't

Raikaria, would a third party kill hook a mafia kill? Would it hook other actions (such as Rolecloping, for example) too?

Yes; the 3rd party [Should one exist] kills the mafia before it shoots. This is why it is not 100% MYLO.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »
Do they block other actions too?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2014, 06:46:52 PM »
Votecount of the Atomsmasher

CF7 [1]: Serela
Serela [1]: CF7

Not Voting: SB; Conq; Cheez8

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch

It is [almost certainly] MYLO.

NEW deadline can be found here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140124T2346&p0=136&msg=End+of+D4&csz=1

Extended 24 hours due to CF7's net issues.

Edit: Depends on the action. Things that report it is redundant anyway since the report role is dead. Things like a Doctor; depends if the Doctor is alive or not when his patient is shot. [If the Vig shot the Doc; the mafia shot the patient; the Doctor would still be alive at the mafia shot]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:48:25 PM by Raikaria »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2014, 06:49:11 PM »
Cheez8 has been prodded. [I'm like 5 minuites early. Sue me.]
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:50:59 PM by Raikaria »

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2014, 06:53:01 PM »
that explanation just serves to confuse me more

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
Let's say mafia is shooting a patient.

Vigilante is shooting the Doctor.

Mafia shoots first; Doc is still alive; so saves. Doc then dies to Vigilante.

On the other hand; if if was a 3rd party who shot the Doc; the Doc would die BEFORE the mafia shot; so the mafia shot would kill the patient.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2014, 07:05:48 PM »
Serela, why are you voting CF7 again?

I would vote Serela over CF7 given a) I don't believe CF7's claim is a lie and b) Serela being all over the place, but unfortunately that's not a hard scum tell for Serela.

I still think Cheez is the way to go. The only thing he has going for him is his softclaim, and that's only if you ignore all the contradictions his claim brings up in the night actions. If Cheez jailkept Shadoweh, where did the jailkeep go? Aside from that, he's gotten through today with minimal opinions, only to say that I'm the SK (easy to say) and arriving at Serela scum through some really weak PoE (if SB were mafia it wouldn't be amiss for him to jump on the bus with hard proof of Shadoweh being scum; I don't think SB is mafia for other reasons but clearing SB on that point seems weak overall).

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.