Author Topic: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: GAME OVER SK WINS  (Read 26061 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: GAME OVER SK WINS
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:52:16 PM »
First Thread was nearing autolock

WELCOME TO URIST FORTRESS

Death is a usual occurance at such places. One wonders why Dwarves even go into fortresses with the inevitable chaos that ensues. However; the recent string of deaths has been most worrying.

You see; Dwarves usually engineer their own deaths in the fortress; but inruders is a stain upon the entire fact that this is a FORTRESS. The Urists therefor agree to stop working on their construction project that may or may not flood the entire fortress in magma; and ferret out the intruders.

Of course; you'd think they'd be good at detecting goblins dressing like Dorfs. But Dorfs are dumb and smelly and dirty anyway so can't tell the difference. All a Goblin has to do to pass as a Dorf is grow a beard.

Rules:
1: I am the Moderator; and as such; my word is final. BBM is the Co-Moderator on request. Looking for loopholes in the rules will be punished.
2: No outside contact; this includes hydras
3: Do not post in the game thread unless you are part of it
4: Do not directly quote communications with the moderator unless given permission. This includes the role PM
5: Going 24 hours without posting in a meaningful fashion will put you on the ?On Break? list and earn you a prod. Going 48 hours will result in being dumped into magma; and a replacement Dwarf found if possible [Replacement/Modkill]. Note that consistent prods may earn a replace/modkill without 48 hours passing. Prod Dodges are not acceptable except with good reason.
6: No screenshots
7: No edits.
8: Flavor is delicious and thus you should eat it yourself and not share it with anyone. This includes character names. You?re all Urist.
9: If you are modkilled you lose regardless of the game outcome. If for whatever reason it is a tactical modkill your allies will also be punished based on the severity.
10: Play to win
11: Keep it civil. No personal insults or whatever.
12: Hammer = Shut Up. No speaking at night.
13: Send PM's to both me and BBM with actions

Set-Up Information:
-   Day phases will be 72 hours long; while night phases are 24 hours long. Majority is required to lynch. You may No-Lynch once. Failure to lynch again results in the miners; having no lynching to do; breeching a hollow Adamantine vein and the Circus wins. [You all lose. I win if the Circus wins.]
-   Flips will contain everything. Name; role; alignment; powers. Flips can always be trusted.
-   LYLO and MYLO will be announced. Potential will not be.
-   There are no ties. Win priority is 3rd Party > Mafia > Town; should 3rd parties exist.
-   This set up is not bastard. In addition; the following roles are confirmed to not be included:
Jester/Fool/Variants
Lyncher/Variants
Captain Planet or any role that leaves the game upon victory
Lying Flips
Cops that are not sane
Alignment changes
Roles relying on RNG

Still Alive:
Players:
2: SB

Thrown into a Fire
6: Dormio - Urist McCatLady
13: Actiondan - Urist McSherrif
4: Sky_Paladin - Urist McHammerer
9: Zakeri - UristMc GreenSpearman
5: O4rfish - Urist McHunter
8: Shadoweh - Urist Mc Not Urist
11: NNR Dorian Urist McMiner
10: Darkninjaabc Urist McDoctor
3: Cheez8 Urist McNoble
12: Conqueror Urist McRetiredWarrior
1: Serela Urist McMason
7: CF7 Urist McSpirit

Important Votecount Links and Stuff
Day 1 End
End of N1
End of D2
End of N2
End of D3
End of N3 below
End of D4
Game End [End of D5]

Extra: -Kill Resolution works in the same priority as win resolution

====

N3 flips momentarily.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:05:28 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: Day 4
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »
Dorian was found; battered and bruised!

Dorian; you are UristMcMiner ? Miner ? [Vanilla Townie]
You are UristMcMiner. None of this would be here without you! The ore, the tunnels, the bedrooms... you carved it al out! And it?s so exhausting... you need to sleep at night.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated! Good Luck!

Darkninjaabc was found dead in the meeting room!

Darkninjaabc; you are UristMcDoctor ? Dwarf Medic [Town Doctor]
You are in charge of medicine in the Mountainhome. For a Dwarf, you are surprisingly competent. Every night, you may ##Doctor someone, protecting them from any nightkill attempts with your Dwarven medicine and **Science**. Which tends to be bad. But hey; you're actually a competent Dwarf!

You win when all threats to town are eliminated! Good Luck!

It is now Day 4.

Although it is not 100% certain; it is close enough that I feel the need to announce that it is VERY HIGHLY POTENTIAL MYLO.

With 5 alive; it takes 3 to lynch.

There are 72 hours in the day. Deadline can be found here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140123T2356&p0=136&msg=End+of+D4
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:03:21 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Urist Fortress Mafia Pt2: Day 4 [Highly Likly] MYLO
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:47:28 AM »
I like how we lynched correctly and still went into mylo the next day. The joys of having both mafia and SK around. Although, I guess the extra death could have been SB, actually. And Conq softclaimed kill-less third party. :getdown:

Go on, claim your night actions. :T
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 01:05:43 AM »
I like how we lynched correctly TWICE IN A ROW*
this sure is some game balance
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 01:31:38 AM »
So Darkie was a doctor after all... Hmm. At least that's finally cleared up, I guess...

I just went ahead and jailed Conq again.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 01:34:06 AM »
conq softclaimed third party without a kill and you jailed him  :fail:

I guess I could be reading into it too hard and he didn't really do that, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:40 AM »
actually I guess roleblocking any third party in this game isn't a bad idea

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 01:50:45 AM »
Um... It actually didn't occur to me that he was softclaiming that at all. Probably because, after seeing the results of Night 1, it was more or less clear that there was a killing third party role in the game. It didn't really occur to me that there would be a second ITP, or that the first ITP would have a limited number of kills or something. I figured if he wasn't town, he was just lying and would be a flat-out SK (or a mafia member I guess.)

At any rate, things worked out kind of alright the last time I tried it and I didn't know who else I'd want to protect but also didn't want to roleblock.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 01:58:53 AM »
There's other things I'd be tempted to say but it's just that I'm mostly bored waiting for people to weigh in first

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:26:20 AM »
I wasn't softclaiming kill-less thirdparty, I was snarkily saying that Shadoweh thinking I was SK was wrong. :V

Which is confirmed anyway now that Cheez says he jailed me. Yay?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 02:43:50 AM »
Unless SB claims the darkninja kill, which he probably will, meaning we're back at base zero.

I'm assuming there's one mafia and one sk left. Um, CF7 doesn't really make sense as mafia with Shadoweh/Zak imo although I'd have to reread to confirm. That leaves what, one of Cheez/Serela for mafia? I don't think SB would be mafia here.

Serela are you mafia?  :derp:

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 02:48:40 AM »
Also, things we know from ~*roles*~.

Shadoweh visited me N1 via oarfish tracker.
Cheez jailed Shadoweh N1.
Darkninja protected me N1, but his protect didn't go through, suggesting a bus driver or roleblocker of some sort.
????
Yeah, I still can't make any sense of this. One possible conclusion would be Cheez is mafia and didn't actually jail Shadoweh, but see the next paragraph.

SB copped Cheez and got town. Since we're in highly potential MYLO today, they can't be scum together, meaning that if SB is telling the truth about his role, Cheez would have to be a godfather to be mafia. The question is whether Cheez would fakeclaim jailkeeper as mafia godfather here, and I'm leaning no here. The other option is that SB is lying about his scan, in which case I dunno.

In conclusion, still fuck roles.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 02:58:25 AM »
In conclusion, the roles still aren't helping us >_>;

It lead to Zak getting lynched though so they helped at one point, at least. And Shadoweh gave up because of ??????????

SB's cop can't be trusted because it would be entirely realistic for the final scum to be godfather-type. Also, SB could possibly be the not-town.

Anyone possibly being SK is annoying, and the two flipped scum hardly existed so I'm not sure how much associative reads can be grabbed from it.

I'm going to have to reread people in ISO, aren't I? My IRL situation suddenly sucks, so I don't want to >_>; Why did I agree to move in with my sister when absolutely nothing is wrong with my current living arrangement? AT THIS POINT IT'S TOO LATE TO SAY NEVERMIND

Conqueror

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 05:39:49 AM »
@Mod is Likly some sort of Pokemon?

Conqueror

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 05:44:27 AM »
My money's on Oarfish lying and Shadoweh didn't visit you after all, because according to Darkie, somebody already roleblocked him and I do NOT want to have to factor in the possibility of a bus driver to this mess
Cheez, what made you think Oarfish was scum over Shadoweh at this point?

Conqueror

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 06:06:21 AM »
Reread the first thread. Skipped all of darkninja's posts.

I think Cheez is the last mafia. SK is up in the air but could be SB for the JOAT claim which still is kinda weird in this setup and is unconfirmable.
Points of interest I'll probably go over tomorrow when I feel like posting more: the beginning of D2 in which several people talked about a 1v1 between me and Dark.

Here's what we have confirmed so far:
Hated Townie
Cop
Vig
Doc
Tracker
VT
vs
Scum one-shot vig
scum roleblocker

Leftover claims:
VT
one-shot bp
cop/doc/vig joat
one-shot doublevoter
jailer

I dunno about you, but town is already fucking stacked with cop/vig/doc/tracker. Just from rolespec, one of the joat/jailer/bp is likely to be scum.

Conqueror

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 06:07:10 AM »
*meant scum rolecop, not scum roleblocker.

Conqueror

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 06:20:53 AM »
especially after you said this a few pages earlier?
One way or another, we'll need to start pressing people sooner or later if we want to find mafia and Shadoweh sounds like a pretty good starting point (Darkie too but he's not back yet)

There's also a lot of, I'm not sure how to put this, but his play is a bit too safe I feel. I'll find the time to pull out specific examples and stuff tomorrow but on reread there were just a lot of points where I felt he changed his mind too quick, like "hmm, you're right about this, I hadn't thought about that," and the clincher is that it's always after someone else brings it up. I'm not sure how much of this is playstyle so I'll have to look at his previous games.

Part of it is also PoE. I don't CF7 makes sense as mafia with how the wagons shook out. SB could technically be mafia but he's read pretty consistently town to me this game, so I'll recheck later. Serela looks better on reread in terms of interactions with Zak and Shadoweh and such. :V

Conqueror

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 06:28:47 AM »
...Huh, that's true. I'm normally not fond of voting for people because of inactivity, but that post you quoted makes it seem like he wasn't even reading the game.

It'd sure be convenient if he's scum too, because that trap thing is the only claim I had hoped was a lie not because of contradictions, but because I couldn't make heads or tails of how it would or wouldn't fit in with rest of the night actions.

In fact, ##Vote: Zakeri before I can convince myself otherwise. At least until he can prove he's awake and worth trusting.
That last line is what pings me most because it's at odds with the tone in all his other votes; I didn't see hedging like that in any of his other votes even though he may have shown the most conviction. What is "worth trusting" even supposed to mean?

Conqueror

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 06:29:13 AM »
*even though he may not have shown the most conviction.

Typing is hard and I'm tired.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 09:30:17 AM »
that might have been a misvig but i got the chance to kill dna and i don't regret it

Why are CF7/Serela unlikely maf Conq? I agree Serela has been townie (although I'm starting to think he could be SK) but I have no idea on CF7.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 09:40:31 AM »
I like how we lynched correctly and still went into mylo the next day.

*we mislynched once and blocked 2(?) antitown kills and are still in this situation after 2 maflynches in a row so

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
Oookay. This is kind of ambiguous. I guess i'll need to reread pretty much everyone. Tho Shadoweh's suicide is just what. And Darkie is a Doc. OMGWTFBBQ.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 10:04:57 AM »
@Mod is Likly some sort of Pokemon?

No; Likely is a typo.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »
Thought about it. Up for lynching Cheez or CF7.

Not sure which I'd want to lynch more. It's hard to motivate myself to prioritize because I know there's SK -and- maf left, even though the sk could still be literally anyone else. I should probably look at votecounts some.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 04:49:19 PM »
I think it was mainly that Oarfish's claim also raised problems with my night action as well, and I tend to instinctively hope for the simplest solution being true in these sort of cases even though I've experienced time and time again that ridiculous night action shenanigans can and do keep happening.

That last line is what pings me most because it's at odds with the tone in all his other votes; I didn't see hedging like that in any of his other votes even though he may have shown the most conviction. What is "worth trusting" even supposed to mean?
He had hardly said anything all game. I don't like lynching people for that because I'm not used to it working, and if he came back to the game and seemed like a town player I would have wanted to remove my vote. Then he came back to the game and seemed like scum. :V

I don't really know who to lynch at this point but if there are two killers left I'd have to assume Conq is one of them and I seriously don't know who the other would be. Honestly, CF7 is really the only person left who has any proof that they weren't lying about their role so I kind of want to think he's telling the truth, and also that he's town, but that doesn't actually do me any good other than making PoE a little bit easier.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »
third party having a doublevote wouldn't be weird in the least, and he didn't even claim the rest of the stuff in his role until later.

Maf doublevoter would be a little weird until you realize how STACKED town's PRs are in this game, even if the stronger ones who haven't died yet are all not-town.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »
Trying to think things through. I think hunting for the mafia is easier just because we have interactions and such that SKs won't have. Hitting either is good but I think hitting scum is easier.

Conq is confirmed to be not scum due to Shadoweh being tracked with either a Rolecop or a kill to him.
Cheez crumbed Jailkeeper pretty hard tbh, which makes me think he's legit about his role. So unless he's godfather Jailkeeper, I doubt he's scum or SK.

I don't think CF7's role confirms him as anything, and Serela's just sort of worries me. Gonna reread some more and look for mafia interactions.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 10:45:15 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Cheez stuff.

That leaves CF7 then.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 11:06:21 PM »
About my role, all I can really say is that we do have a flipped vanilla, so it's not out of the question ;_;