Author Topic: Ephemeral Entertainment HQ - EUB Steam Release August 16th 2019!!!  (Read 73793 times)

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
Re: Porygon Productions HQ
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 07:27:33 AM »
I bolded the part you should be focusing on. The master servant is an example.

Well, the "servant/master" bit is the only case presented, so I figured that was the sole conflict of the incident.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 04:18:17 PM »
Well, the "servant/master" bit is the only case presented, so I figured that was the sole conflict of the incident.
It's also part of the tagline, which is in the poster that I have neglected to post here for some reason. I ought to fix that.

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 04:18:18 PM »
Oh my god, these are amazing. I love the cartoon-ish look and not Loli-like art. V: However, Kasen has no arm under her bandage, you may want to fix that.

Glad you like them. What do you mean by "not Loli-like"? I actually have a reputation as a "lolicon" type illustrator, and Shizuha, Rin, and Futo are intentionally made to look like children.

Kasen's bandaged arm is just me drawing the characters the way I like them, even if they're not canon. ExPorygon has granted me some freedom to change the character designs. As you can see, Tojiko and Momiji have also been modified.

Oh my god Momiji looks absolutely amazing. ^_^

Momiji is a favorite on our side as well. There isn't much of a resemblance, but I was actually thinking Scias (the canine quick-draw sword master from "Breath of Fire IV" - a mediocre PS1 RPG, but with gorgeous sprite animation) when drawing her.

Anyway, the drawings continue to be produced.

Here's Lily White. She's a stage boss now (with the Prismriver Sisters as her mid-boss!) and is the one who appears on the cover of the game.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2015, 04:35:09 PM »
It's SPRIIIIIIING!

But no, seriously. I find it very hard to imagine ever using Lily White's frowning cut in because I can't imagine her ever *not* smiling. Maybe it's just the fanon rubbing off on me, but that seemed to be the only complaint I would ever have with your work for Lily White. Then again, it's up to Ozzy if/when/how he will use it.

ExPorygon

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 04:49:36 PM »
It's SPRIIIIIIING!

But no, seriously. I find it very hard to imagine ever using Lily White's frowning cut in because I can't imagine her ever *not* smiling. Maybe it's just the fanon rubbing off on me, but that seemed to be the only complaint I would ever have with your work for Lily White. Then again, it's up to Ozzy if/when/how he will use it.
You haven't seen the dialogue yet. Let me assure you that it's more than fitting. Also remember that the theme of the game is more or less a reversal of the norms.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 06:48:33 AM »
Glad you like them. What do you mean by "not Loli-like"? I actually have a reputation as a "lolicon" type illustrator, and Shizuha, Rin, and Futo are intentionally made to look like children.
I don't know, they look like they're from a comic book as opposed to a "lolicon" illustration, but that's just me.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 03:43:23 PM »
So the synopsis (according to what Sixten presents on his site) is:

The balance of power in Gensokyo has suddenly turned upside down. Servants have become masters, and the apocryphal Rin Satsuki has become the resolver of incidents. Who is behind all this? The answer will surprise you.

First off, I love the fact that both Rin Satsuki and Tokiko are player characters in this game.

Second, the "reversal of the balance of power" makes it sound like Seija's at work in all this(amakojaku's plan is successful?!?).

Finally, as a point, there are several duets that could be used for this, although I do admit that the one's being used is odd, as Futo and Tojiko aren't subordinates to one another, but to Miko.

I'm surprised that Sakuya, Youmu, and Koakuma have not shown up yet, but the game only has six stages, so...

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

ExPorygon

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 06:02:54 PM »
First off, I love the fact that both Rin Satsuki and Tokiko are player characters in this game.
Tokiko is still under development, only the full game will feature her for that reason and another reason I don't want to disclose.  :V

Second, the "reversal of the balance of power" makes it sound like Seija's at work in all this(amakojaku's plan is successful?!?).
Believe it or not, the idea was conceived before Seija existed. Because of that, we have no plans to include her in the story and game.

Finally, as a point, there are several duets that could be used for this, although I do admit that the one's being used is odd, as Futo and Tojiko aren't subordinates to one another, but to Miko.
I'm surprised that Sakuya, Youmu, and Koakuma have not shown up yet, but the game only has six stages, so...
I need to make a clarification. The game's initial concept was something in which midboss-only characters would switch places with their respective stage bosses. So we crafted the game around starring the various midboss-only characters who never really had a spotlight in the official games in which they debuted. The power reversal incident is very real in the game, though it's less of a reversal between master and servant roles and just a power change altogether. Hence the reason why the traditional playable characters have been rendered useless for this incident and relatively unknown or lesser known, weaker characters (sans Kasen) are taking their place. Rin Satsuki, being arguably more of a fan character, was such a polar opposite to Reimu that she literally came out of nonexistence due to this incident. In addition, traditionally most players view the stage boss (admittedly sometimes erroneously) as a more powerful adversary than the midboss. Thus we felt it justified to represent a power reversal incident as a reversal of the expected stage positions of bosses. Stage order of characters is something that was also changed, with many characters officially appearing in earlier stages now appearing in much later ones.

I realize now that the tagline mentioned before is probably reinforcing this misconception and I might change it for the actual cover. Sorry if that was a bit long-winded. If  anything doesn't make sense, say so and I'll try to clarify further.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Kasen has a different reason for why she's playable in-universe. She was the only one spared by the reversal spell due to her status as a hermit and relative isolation (at least I think that's what we decided on, I need to check my design doc). As for my reasons to have her as playable, I figured that along with the other two, she was relatively obscure enough to warrant a playable spot, having only appeared in the print works. Although with ULiL existing now, that has become less true. It's far too late to change it though, so Kasen will be staying as playable regardless
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:09:22 PM by ExPorygon »

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2015, 06:20:27 PM »

I got sucked into the world of shipgirls and was stuck drawing and playing nothing but KanColle for a few months. That game is a freaking drug. But eventually I managed to quit cold turkey. I have been able to avoid playing KanColle for the last two weeks, and hopefully I can stay clean forever. I will still create KanColle fan art, but playing the game is strictly forbidden.

I hear things went well with ExPorygon's Danmakufu panel at Touhoucon, though I was not present myself. The EUB three-stage demo was shown and handed out to the participants. I started working on the character illustrations again.

I also finished Cirno and Daiyousei, but they are not shown here. Only four characters remain to be drawn.

ExPorygon

Re: Porygon Productions HQ - EUB Demo Released!!
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2015, 06:22:36 AM »
Hey you all! I hope the people who've been following this thread are still interested, cause I just made a major update to the front post. In case you haven't heard, the DEMO for Ephemeral Unnatural Balance is now available to download! If watching is more your thing, you can also check out the trailer and a video playthrough on my good friend Trickysticks' channel.

Now that the demo is out, I'm on track for a full release next September 2016. I'll be starting up (again) weekly production streams simulcasted to my Hitbox, Twitch, and probably Youtube as well. These will be happening at an as of yet undetermined time every Saturday. I'll also be attempting to update more frequently on my Twitter and Tumblr pages.

Thanks to all who have supported the development of EUB thus far. I hope you all enjoy the demo and tell me what you think either here or somewhere else I can see it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:32:48 AM by ExPorygon »

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2015, 05:11:59 AM »
The game looks beautiful so far, but I have some thing to report.
1. The loading screens lag a bit for me. Could be my computer isn't the best, though.
2. I keep have this slightly annoying bug happen to me. After you defeat a boss/mid-boss the main shot still shoots the area the were in. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds, others it takes going to a new stage/getting to the boss. It's just distracting.
3. I only had this happen to me when I paused during the beginning stage, right the power up sounds happened. The options decided they didn't want to work and I could only use my main shot, and died.
4. When you use a replay, the music overlaps with the title screen's. Well, that's one way to have a remix, I guess. :3
My apologies if I sound a little whinny or nit-picky.
Here's my replay: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sylk800gr2e1j7x/Ephemeral_Unnatural_Balance_replay01.dat
PS: The replay is awful because I'm bad at Touhou and I'm sleepy. Good night~! (or whatever time it is where you're living.)
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

ExPorygon

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2015, 02:50:39 PM »
1. The loading screens lag a bit for me. Could be my computer isn't the best, though.
This will inevitably happen to most computers, I find. The game is simply loading very large assets in quick succession. Better it happen in that loading screen than in the middle of the game though. Most of the time the lag does not cause the program to stop responding at least.
2. I keep have this slightly annoying bug happen to me. After you defeat a boss/mid-boss the main shot still shoots the area the were in. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds, others it takes going to a new stage/getting to the boss. It's just distracting.
This is a known issue and has proven very difficult to pin down and fix. I had actually thought I had fixed it numerous times already.
3. I only had this happen to me when I paused during the beginning stage, right the power up sounds happened. The options decided they didn't want to work and I could only use my main shot, and died.
This is an extremely rare bug that I've only encountered once myself. If you have a replay of it happening, I might be able to figure out what causes it.
4. When you use a replay, the music overlaps with the title screen's. Well, that's one way to have a remix, I guess. :3
Looks like I overlooked this, my bad.
My apologies if I sound a little whinny or nit-picky.
Absolutely not! They're all valid concerns and I'll be working on them all.

Thanks for the replay too, watching replays gives me extra insight on seeing how the average player approaches patterns so that I can hopefully better balance or design them. If any of you have any replays to share, please do not hesitate to.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:52:20 PM by ExPorygon »

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2015, 04:17:46 PM »
This is an extremely rare bug that I've only encountered once myself. If you have a replay of it happening, I might be able to figure out what causes it.
In my replay, it should happen right at the third stage. Keep in mind that I paused it right as it was giving me my power, which MIGHT have interrupted the process, though this is just a guess.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 07:28:42 PM by Inubashira »
Feel free to poke me on Discord. Inubashira#2738

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
The game is great and I can't wait for the full release, however stage 3 midboss Aya has a few cheapshots, and stage 3 as a whole is MUCH harder than Stage 1 or 2. (could just be me)
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

ExPorygon

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 11:47:52 PM »
The game is great and I can't wait for the full release, however stage 3 midboss Aya has a few cheapshots, and stage 3 as a whole is MUCH harder than Stage 1 or 2. (could just be me)
It has been a common consensus among players that Stage 3 is too overbearing. Therefore, Stage 3 is on the chopping block for nerfs, the whole of Momiji and Aya in particular. In addition, I plan to give the player an indirect buff in the form of making Discord less punishing to use for the purposes of survival.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2015, 01:01:22 AM »
It has been a common consensus among players that Stage 3 is too overbearing. Therefore, Stage 3 is on the chopping block for nerfs, the whole of Momiji and Aya in particular. In addition, I plan to give the player an indirect buff in the form of making Discord less punishing to use for the purposes of survival.

Does Discord have a survival purpose other than making your shots more powerful?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

ExPorygon

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
Does Discord have a survival purpose other than making your shots more powerful?
On activation it creates a "flash bomb" like clear radius around the player, to help get out of sticky situations as well as a very brief amount of invincibility. In addition, a hit will cause an autobomb if the player has bombs remaining. However, the costs of Discord (except for maybe scoring) probably outweigh the benefits right now. Will be looking to make Discord patterns less ridiculous.

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2015, 06:35:40 AM »
All in-game character dialogue portraits have been completed! There are 17 characters, each with either 3 or 6 portraits each depending on their importance to the plot, for a total of 81 portraits in all. Although the characters are colored in a very simple cel-shaded style, this was still a large ordeal that took over 150 hours over the course of the year.

In alphabetical order:

Aya
Cirno
Daiyousei
Futo
Kasen
Kisume

Koakuma
Lily
Minoriko
Momiji
Patchouli
Prismrivers

Rin (Satsuki)
Shizuha
Tojiko
Tokiko
Yamame

Can you guess who the True Final Boss is based on these pictures?

There had better be a Gallery feature in the game that allows you to view all the character illustrations.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2015, 06:38:18 AM »
Seems to be Tokiko.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2015, 01:25:28 PM »
omg Yamame looks like someone you could actually be friends with.

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2015, 07:55:26 PM »
Tokiko or/and Koakuma. Or Koakuma is the extra boss but the two portraits in the middles looks like a transition between the two firts ones and the twolast ones. And her second outfit is... woah.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2015, 08:05:37 PM »
And her second outfit is... woah.

I wonder what the in-game dialogue will be like when that happens.

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2015, 11:28:04 PM »
I'd say that it's totally Mima but she isn't mentioned :(

Or maybe it's a secret~?
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

TalosMistake

• Master of Aura and Shade
  • I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2015, 07:32:47 AM »
Yamame is too cute! xD
and Koakuma is pretty sexy.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2015, 08:19:23 AM »
I personally enjoy Kisume's portraits. The last one where her leg only sticking out made me laugh for a moment. Good work.

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
I think that Kasen/Satsuki are some kind of stage 4 boss. Maybe Daiyousei is the final boss, she doesn't have a defeated portrait. (Sorry if my English is bad)

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2015, 07:42:36 PM »
Rin Satsuki is the player ;)

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 12:38:30 AM »
Wouldn't Tokiko be the third player though?

Unless I'm wrong...

Also I highly doubt Daiyousei and Kisume are the final bosses...but Lily White as a final boss seems...weird.

Koakuma is mostly likely, since...I don't really know...maybe she started studying black magic and found a magic which caused the whole incident?

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2015, 05:38:06 AM »
Surely Patchouli would at least do something about that? Or maybe the spell already took effect...

I personally think it's Tokiko as well. Those books might hold some dark secrets.
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2015, 01:41:38 PM »
I'm most certain Ozzy said that Rin, Kasen and Tokiko are the playable characters. I'm putting my vote on Koakuma as well.
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.