Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 65707 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
You act like you know how to play millers.  or even acting like you have experience with them.

So.  Do you really? Because I question that with all the fiber of my being.
I play a Miller every other game, I think I know better then anyone the proper way to be one.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:30 PM »
(PS: You are playing Miller wrong)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »
yeah iirc every other miller in motk games has immediately claimed

Anyway on my way out the door but I realized I'm fairly sure I'm at least informed enough to safely so I'm good with
##Vote IHNN
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2013, 04:49:09 PM »
safely say I'm good with*
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »
....Yeah. I pretty much can't convince myself otherwise anymore, especially after hearing Dormio's case on him (mostly the part that made me realize I was being a total sucker about him getting a townread on me.) Action Dan is probably not telling the truth. I still don't really want to vote for him but there's basically no denying it now.
##Vote: Action Dan

...I'm glad I checked the votes this time because I think I just put someone at L-1 again. We need more votecounts.

Also I love how Darkie seems to think Dormio is scum for that case.

Oh hey cuts
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »
Spinoff Votals
ActionDan (6) - Schezo, Sky_Paladin, NekoNekoRex, Dormio, Darkninjaabc, Cheez8
Zakeri (2) - Kilgamayan, I have no name
I have no name (2) - ActionDan, Serela
Not Voting (2): Serious Banans, Zakeri

56 hours.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:07:08 PM by BT »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »
you should probably hilight better that ActionDan is at L-1!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2013, 05:53:54 PM »
Haven't been at a proper computer yet to reread anything from D1, can only barely follow along current events from work at phone.

I'm starting to waver a bit on Dan. (omg opportunism alert) It feels like he's trying to AtE/bully his way out of his lynch. I don't understand why TownDan would be so offended that people are skeptical of his claim - certainly the lack of discussion surrounding his original claim of being a night spirit should have clued MillerDan into realizing that people didn't think he was even implying miller at the time. This should be especially highlighted the guy that whose role would specifically clue him into the dangers of millers (BT) not picking up on it. But instead of admitting to he vagueness of the claim and acknowledging how much his miller claim seems like potential revisionist history, he tries to rationalize the vagueness while blaming BT for not picking up on it and getting angry at everyone else. I have a hard time seeing this as a town approach.

(I am aware of the vote count and am obviously not going to hammer)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
I had a much angrier response to people backing down on Dan, but then it later turned out that people didn't actually back down for long.

I'm cooking lunch right now, but I'll try to catch up on the game in the meantime. Consider my vote on ActionDan for now.

« Reply #369 on: November 20, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »
But yeah, people should be used to Dan coming up with the most spectacular bullshit in order to wriggle out of being confirmed scum. Even if Miller would tip off BT's role (which I admit is plausible) I really feel like Dan isn't one of the people who as town would be able to take the risk of "Maybe I'll get lynched before a cop tried to investigate me." Because he won't. That's only excusable with auto-town people, newbies, or people who always get lynched Day one, none of which Dan falls under.

« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »
As for basic vote analysis, basically I think it's most likely for two scum on, one scum off wagon.
Which basically means that since Dan is the off scum (by off I mean not voting Raikaria) then the rest of the team should be found in SB, Kilgamayan, Sky Paladin, or Schezo.

There's still also the posibility of one on/two off, but I feel like it's pretty unlikely since I can only think of one person I would suspect going that route (And that would be Dormio, via PoE)
I don't have a lot of solid reasoning behind the town reads I just implied (Except for NNR by the way he handles talking about others).

This doesn't really help me come up with one of those easily fakable lists of scum to not but it's at the very least a good starting point for when I stop procrastinating and actually do isos.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #371 on: November 20, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
you should probably hilight better that ActionDan is at L-1!

Maybe you should unvote instead so he can't deny us an entire day. So yeah thoughts coming now.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
Maybe you should unvote instead so he can't deny us an entire day. So yeah thoughts coming now.
Oh good idea, I should have thought of that earlier.

##Unvote
Consider that still a tentative vote on Dan.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
skypaladin:Of course mostly town voted for Raikaria, out of 15 people only 3 are likely scum. Anyway while we do have more flips then expected at this point I think it's a bit early to try to use votecount analysis.

Where did you get this from? 3 scum is really weak numberswise, and 16p games with a mafia and a SK aren't even that uncommon. Kind of weird how you jumped on this out of nowhere.

More stuff is coming in a sec.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #374 on: November 20, 2013, 09:11:10 PM »
You act like you know how to play millers.  or even acting like you have experience with them.

So.  Do you really? Because I question that with all the fiber of my being.
And you act like I wasn't a miller in my very first game of mafia ever where I was extremely confused on how to play the role and I didn't go around asking in the post-game discussion about what I should be doing as a miller because I had no idea what the fuck even. :derp:

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #375 on: November 20, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »
BBM kill was kind of strange imo, didn't people suspect him? I don't think his flip makes Serela town, I'd look into who BBM suspected instead.

tbh if AD hadn't gone "oh I'm miller" I might have left him alone, considering there could've been other targets for it. According to Dormio he's done it before, so I feel like Dan's actions are more incriminating than BT's crumbs. Would lynch it, but I enjoy being able to post more than once in a day.

Dark annoys me but at the same time I don't really feel like he's scummy? Just kind of stupid, wouldn't object to him being vigged though (prims promised me a vig shot for him in my thoughts qt and i didn't get it. i'm furious.)

Zakeri is dodging contributing hard. Wanted to lynch him yesterday and I agree with the cases today. Plus I don't get his votal analysis, it seems like he's forcing contribution and saying there's an arbitrary number of scum and there are only 2 possibilities for their placement on wagons for no real reason. I don't like him.

Looking back through Paladin's empty unvote of me is essentially him giving up despite the fact that stuff was happening, he just wanted to wait it out and see what happened. I also don't like how he votes IHNN for wagon analysis when he essentially based his first vote on who was on his wagon. Don't get me wrong though, IHNN's play is mediocre at best. He lacks suspicions that weren't formed by a different person (Dormio) and doesn't have any other justified reads.

Serela's 148 and 150 seems kind of like a contradiction to me.

Consider my vote on Dan, but

##Vote: Zak

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »
Doing things is hard when I'm only at my computer for a few hours and nothing is really happening at those times and I can't get reads on people.

It's weird though I guess, I have people I think are scummy (Schezo, Zak, Sky even but less so now) but I can't really explain why I think that (Dormio did a better job explaining Zak than I ever could) and despite looking at Schezo I still feel that he's scummy (so looking back hasn't changed my opinion) but I don't know how to put it into words and can't pinpoint exactly why.  I think his initial post where he voted Cheez was one of those.  Even looking back it seems to come down to a bad logic=scummy type deal.  Sky...
Lastly, after the big fuss that was made about unvoting without having a better case was made, I was surprised to see NekoNekoRex do exactly that.  He never replaced his vote or helped with Raikaria/Sky_Paladin lynches. 
To be fair, NNR was active and then Raikaria self-hammered before he voted-perhaps he would have voted Raikaria if given more time?

...Sky doesn't seem to be taking everything into consideration.  It's...I don't know, I'm finding it hard to focus on this game because of 2 events that just happened that require the same 'debate+analysis' type mentality (twitch REMOVE HORROR spam+huge debate in the speedrunning community about why we don't remove load times and why we banned savestates to reset to starting position)

wrt ActionDan: I like how he voted me for saying it was the same as last game, but then Dormio said it was the same thing.  Schezo IIRC agreed with him on that...maybe I'm misinterpreting?  Looks like ActionDan is the likely lynch for the day and if I'm interpreting right it seems pretty damning for Schezo.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2013, 09:58:14 PM »
Real quick. Explain to me again how Dan dying is damning for me?  Is it because we're both catboys?  The fuck?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #378 on: November 20, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
maybe I'm misinterpreting?  ... if I'm interpreting right
With you backing up Dan on it not being anywhere near the same (also ignoring Dormio saying the same thing, reads as opportunistic)

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2013, 10:19:36 PM »
I'm backing Dan up by voting him for role related reasons as opposed to how he played up until then?
hello?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #380 on: November 20, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »
This is why I said I could be misinterpreting it.  :derp:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #381 on: November 20, 2013, 10:23:21 PM »
I'm finding it hard to focus on this game because of 2 events that just happened that require the same 'debate+analysis' type mentality (twitch REMOVE HORROR spam+huge debate in the speedrunning community about why we don't remove load times and why we banned savestates to reset to starting position)
(note: both of these have passed, all said and done, but I'm still recovering mentally from it)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #382 on: November 20, 2013, 11:21:54 PM »
##Vote Dan

I'm not dealing with this.

please end the day so I laugh at how retarded you all are.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #383 on: November 20, 2013, 11:22:31 PM »
oh and Dormio is scum faking his stream of shit.

Dormio + IHNN.

that's 2/4

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #384 on: November 20, 2013, 11:24:58 PM »
people wavering are cowards.

You either go "that guy is scum"

or "that scum is town"

Neko/Serela/Kilga (probably)/Sky-paladin/Dark/Cheez are town.   Next tier: SB/Schezo.

IHNN/Dormio scum.  The rest you can figure out yourselves.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #385 on: November 20, 2013, 11:28:19 PM »
the probably is from the cop check. you might as well assume that's town. behaviorly It wouldn't be so clear (kinda null imo)

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #386 on: November 20, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »
it's kinda funny but the only other person is Zak.  so that's the one guy I don't really have a read on.

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #387 on: November 20, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #388 on: November 20, 2013, 11:47:18 PM »
I don't like how Schezo bascally throws out Cheez's case as bad, then votes him, for one.
First, voting someone for a bad vote =/= defending the other person. I can recall lots of times when I've suspected one person voting a person I'm also suspecting, or even voting.
Cheez8 explained pretty clearly he thought that BBM's posts stood out, but you're asking him what makes it so special?
Right there's this thing.  BBM didn't even have a bad vote though and Cheez defended Serela's logic to make a vote on BBM which included him having to have more than 1 opinion ed1.  fucking word? 
His other big content post so far is the one where he doesn't like either the SP or Rai wagons, but doesn't make any attempt not to vote either of them. Mostly null, because "yeah 2 hours", but in the same post he's slamming me for trying an alternative without voicing any support or doing anything himself towards the same problem. Seems kinda hypocritical.
Don't play dumb and call it mostly null if you're using comments like I should have made an attempt to not vote them.  If it's null why are you holding it against me that I was supposed to make an attempt to not vote them.  That day 1 was fucking garbage. I hold to that.  I shouldn't have to have 92 cases since I had fos on cheez and then one on Raikaria as the day ended.  You empty unvoting and trying to start a last minute wagon that did literally fuckall then getting mad because I don't want to play the same way you did (bad) is ridiculous.  You literally fos me for playstyle. 

Dormio's stream of consciousness posts are godawful and should stop or he deserves death.

I can kinda pity Dan here since his gambit didn't play out if he's town so here we are.  Living with the backlash of gambiting.

IHNN has no content since content misrepping the game doesn't count and can die whenever.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #389 on: November 20, 2013, 11:50:47 PM »
Dormio's stream of consciousness posts are godawful and should stop or he deserves death.
I just wanted to live out the dream of being Serela for a day. :ohdear: