Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 65698 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #270 on: November 20, 2013, 01:25:59 AM »
Also I think I'll be keeping my eye on Dan. Something to keep in mind.
If this isn't a crumb then I don't know what would be
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Schezo

• en-counse
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #271 on: November 20, 2013, 01:27:01 AM »
Also I think I'll be keeping my eye on Dan. Something to keep in mind.
##Vote: Action Dan

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #272 on: November 20, 2013, 01:27:44 AM »
Yeah I'm not seeing anything else like that in BT's posts.
##Unvote
##Vote ActionDan

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #273 on: November 20, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »
also yes
##Vote ActionDan

His actions were really weird d1 and IMO that looks like a "blatant" (in terms of him dying at least) crumb from BT who, all things considered, is pretty safe to assume died from his role.

I'll probably say actual things about Dan later but yeah since his D1 play was really odd I'm totally fine with going along with what I think can be safely assumed to be BT's guilty result.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2013, 01:28:15 AM »
aaaand cuts of glorious dan votes

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #275 on: November 20, 2013, 01:29:03 AM »
That votecount says NekoRex should get lynched.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2013, 01:30:20 AM »
Last night I was able to use mystery box #1.  It was 'one-shot cop'.  I used it on Kilga.  Kilga came back 'Innocent'.  I'm assuming Kilga is town at this stage. 

Mystery box#3 is now available.  It has a one-shot defensive ability which I'd prefer not to discuss since it doesn't hurt town to not-know, but it does help scum if they do know. 

Mystery box#2 is still unavailable. 

My first thought was "I wonder if BT gave a clue as to who he was investigating" and Dormio posted what looks like a pretty clear tell.  I'll have a read myself in case there's something else though. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #277 on: November 20, 2013, 01:31:29 AM »
It has a one-shot defensive ability which I'd prefer not to discuss since it doesn't hurt town to not-know, but it does help scum if they do know. 
plz plz plz

what is mafia strongman goddam.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #278 on: November 20, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »
My first thought was "I wonder if BT gave a clue as to who he was investigating" and Dormio posted what looks like a pretty clear tell.  I'll have a read myself in case there's something else though.
Dormio posted what looks like
Dormio
DORMIO DIDN'T EVEN BRING UP BT'S POST COME ON ;_;

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #279 on: November 20, 2013, 01:35:04 AM »
actually no I'm a complete idiot and missed that post nevermind

it was on the previous page

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2013, 01:35:32 AM »
##Vote: ActionDan

Sign me up for eating that tasty crumb. It's about as blatant as one can get.

##Evict: Zakeri

While I wasn't able to actually read the game overnight, I at least spent it thinking that the late rush was the prime place to look. In the little I've been able to pore over the votes I could go for either Zakeri or Schezo right now after Dan.

I originally balked at Zakeri's reason for voting Raikaria before unbalking when I took a quick look back and noticed that Raikaria was at the top of Zakeri's list here. Looking back on it again, though, I can't find an actual reason Zakeri suspected Raikaria outside of some random ED1 thing that I can't even parse properly.

From the Raikaria vote post itself:

tbh, I'm voting more to see how competing wagons will pan out rather than pretending to be certain that we're gonna hit scum.

This was in the middle of Sky Paladin and Raikaria's vote totals pretty much completely flip-flopping. And yet no effort is made to return to this. We never find out what exactly Zakeri was looking for.

I'm keeping my eye out for you accidental hammerers.

There's also this as a relatively minor thing. Zakeri was in a position to make accidental hammers not possible by unvoting and yet he didn't do it. Why say this without unvoting?

My Schezo suspicions are largely centered in his voting post, where he craps on both wagons ("The lynch regardless of what flips is garbage today") before choosing Raikaria over Sky Paladin for a pretty minor thing. There was plenty of Raikaria stuff he could have pointed at and basing his case on the "I think newbies are more likely to empty unvote when they're town" thing is Not Good(tm). Smells pretty hard like a nothing excuse to jump on a speeding train.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2013, 01:39:56 AM »
The last thing BT posted was about keeping his eye on ActionDan.  Before that, he had a couple of things to say about NekoNekoRex (and also me) but his last post and most directed point was for ActionDan. 

I'm pretty sure BT's comment is a blatant statement 'Here is the guy I am targetting, please deal with it if I'm dead'.  I mean, it's hard to come to any other conclusion.  Who was BT most likely to investigate?  So I'm pretty happy to vote. 

##Vote ActionDan
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #282 on: November 20, 2013, 01:42:20 AM »
I'm a miller T_T.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #283 on: November 20, 2013, 01:43:56 AM »
I claimed night spirit to try and maximize value. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #284 on: November 20, 2013, 01:44:51 AM »
Plz read the precise language of BT's role.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »
and look at that.  'cop' box.

Yeah you all need to unvote.

tia.

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2013, 01:49:54 AM »
I'm sorry actiondan but claiming miller after someone gets a guilty on you isn't very convincing

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2013, 01:50:15 AM »
Alright, Godblessyou bud.  You didn't need to write a book about it.

I guess Kilga's post is supposed to be the answer to the wagon analysis thing he asked about because I'm stupid as fuck about interpreting those things.
But you pretty much got me there since I just halfassed something at the end of the day.  do you have any follow up about your NNR comments?

Quote from: HW
The following roles have been declared Super Lame and are guaranteed to not be in the set-up: anything that results in a lying flip,
wp dan. 

ActionDan

« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2013, 01:50:35 AM »
btw BT. 

that was the possibly the stupidest decision you could have made considering a priori you knew you died to millers and I claimed night spirit.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:04 AM »
"Weak Tracker (Active): Each night, you may ##Track another player. If this player would return guilty to a cop investigation that night, you will die regardless of protection. Otherwise, you will learn who they targeted."

Wp Schezo

Don't lynch me.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:45 AM »
you're right.  in a game where I would flip town as a miller I wouldn't claim miller day 1 either.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2013, 01:53:31 AM »
Lying flip =/= incorrect night action result.

I'm not sure if we'll get a good answer but doesn't hurt to ask

Huhwhat does the Super Lame rules mean there are no millers in the setup

also idk why saying you're a night spirit would make someone think "oh he's a miller I shouldn't try to see if he's scum"

ActionDan

« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »
"Weak Tracker (Active): Each night, you may ##Track another player. If this player would return guilty to a cop investigation that night, you will die regardless of protection. Otherwise, you will learn who they targeted."

I claimed Night Spirit with the intention of claiming miller if needed in case the worst happened.  I locked myself into that role on purpose D1 without explicitly claiming miller.  You don't have to claim miller D1.  That's only one strategy and this game I tried something different.

Regardless, the evidence is right in front of your faces (specifically the wording of the role + Sky Paladin has claimed that he used a cop-shot) that a miller exists.  Here it is.  here I am.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2013, 01:56:50 AM »
Action results aren't the same as flips. Flips are when somebody dies.

E: So yes, a Miller could plausibly exist.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2013, 01:58:09 AM »
Ehhhhh

##Unvote: ActionDan
##Vote: Zakeri

Night spirit could be legit miller flavor in this game (Serela go play AUS) and looking back at his posts I'm not really seeing anything that screams ScumDan.

Schezo: I mentally lost track of NNR overnight in thinking about the wagon. Lemme see what I think of him now that I have a chance to sit down for a bit and read.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

ActionDan

« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2013, 01:58:56 AM »
Lying flip =/= incorrect night action result.

I'm not sure if we'll get a good answer but doesn't hurt to ask

Huhwhat does the Super Lame rules mean there are no millers in the setup

also idk why saying you're a night spirit would make someone think "oh he's a miller I shouldn't try to see if he's scum"

bad guys are ghosts.  Even cheez said he was uneasy because I claimed night spirit.  I don't particularly know the flavor well myself, but I'm at least not corporal.

Don't lynch me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2013, 02:01:05 AM »
urgleburgle
##unvote
bt why did you have to leave us so soon ;_;

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2013, 02:02:50 AM »
From a scum pov you didn't lock into anything since all you have to do is incorporate night spirit into your claim. 
hmm.

I'm gonna sit here for a while and hear other thoughts.

ActionDan

« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2013, 02:04:25 AM »
btw.  wording of BT's claim also suggests room for false positives.

Possible activated GF's maybe.

or tailor?

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2013, 02:04:53 AM »
er I should say false negatives

Don't lynch me.