Author Topic: An Untitled Mafia - Game Over  (Read 65697 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: An Untitled Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:36 AM »
cheez8 plz no empty unvotes

It's early enough in the game that it's totally okay to vote someone for pretty weak reasoning
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2013, 12:58:10 AM »
Well, looking back through...

##Vote: Sky_Paladin

for making the most bad arguments so far I guess.

Zakeri, Schezo, and to a really really small extent Raikaria are all vaguely suspicious to me as well but most of them don't go beyond gutreads, whereas with Paladin I could maybe find a few things that I have trouble seeing as town sometimes. BBM too but not as much anymore.

Cut by Serela.
It's hard to keep track of all those through a 3-page chunk of ed1 at once when I was skimming past the votecounts
There was a two or three page chunk in there that didn't have any votecounts anyway
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2013, 01:27:57 AM »
##Unvote: Darkninjaabc

Empty unvotes are scummy, would vote everyone that did it if I could. ##Vote: Raikaria is the worst offender. Sky Paladin retracting his vote doesn't mean he never cast it in the first place. Why is there zero consideration put into the idea that maybe Sky Paladin's initial vote was scummy and his empty unvote is because he can't find another case to make up (a very real possibility)? I mean, if not for Raikaria's unvote, I'd be voting Sky Paladin right now for empty unvoting and tossing out a list of people that hadn't posted in a while in an attempt to pretend to contribute. But I cna't fathom why a townie would find a guy suspicious for his voting reasons, see that unvote post, and just go "oh he's dropping the case I don't think he's scum anymore". It very strongly suggests Raikaria never really cared about his Sky Paladin case at all. Also I hjave no idea who Raikaria thinks is scummy now, considering he left without providing any other opinions.

I think Serela was making a big deal out of nothing with his Sky Paladin vote with his wording but he's not as high priority. I thought BT's votecount post was an obvious joke and don't have a problem with him in general. DNA can get replaced or modkilled or whatever.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2013, 01:29:46 AM »
I should clarify my Serela statement. I do think Sky Paladin's initial behavior was a bit scummy and voteworthy at the time, but Serela's word choice in his voting post was oversensationalist and tried to sell his vote and case more on how shocked and offended he was than on the actual merit of the case.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2013, 01:49:16 AM »
I have no name has kinda vanished.
Oversleeping, having a family lunch then going to a movie kind of does that.  Don't worry though, no other movie trips on the horizon  :3  Anyways, read everything through here, nothing jumped out at me (though ActionDan's standard oneliners really bug me so I'll keep my vote there-does he usually do that as town?  It's been a while and these parentheses have gone on too long and meta arguments aren't that great anyway)

I guess I'll look at the people who have votes on them and see what I think.  Also Schezo because he seemed off, but it might be because of voting me and it's hard to detach what actually happened to reasons for it to responses to it...also I guess it's just Sky and Serela (and Raikaria?) and I like Serela.  Still, not too many wagons, so I'll look through everyone again with a focus on them...but first food.

This D1 is hard :/

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2013, 02:03:49 AM »
...Huh. And here I listed Raikaria as suspicious "to a really really small extent" because of noticing that unvote and thinking it's probably scummy but not being sure, while Kilga goes and votes for him over other people because of it... I still really need to get a grip on what is or isn't scummy.

I guess I'll be split between him and Paladin for now.

« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2013, 02:34:05 AM »
Day 1.4 - Votals
Sky_Paladin (4) - Serela, BT, Darkninjaabc, Cheez8
Raikaria (2) - SB, Kilgamayan
Serela (2) - ActionDan, BigBangMeteor
ActionDan (1) - I have no name
BT (1) - NekoRex
Cheez8 (1) - Schezo
NekoRex (1) - Dormio
Schezo (1) - Zakeri
Not Voting (2): Raikaria, Sky_Paladin

21.5 hours remain in the day. With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2013, 02:49:07 AM »
AD, how does Sky's weird logic make him town? Remember Dark from the last game? I'd also like to hear the reasoning for your townreads, and a response to my question from earlier.

re: your question: no reason.

I don't remember Dark from last game because I didn't play in last game.

reasoning for my townreads is mine and mine alone.

Does Sky's weird logic make him scum? In the absence of an answer I look at what Sky Paladin's post does for him if he is scum; It doesn't do much.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2013, 02:50:03 AM »
BBM is a good cop/hider target imo.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2013, 02:51:19 AM »

Don't lynch me.

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2013, 03:13:44 AM »
So why am I scummy Serela? And why is Sky worse than me? I'm trying to determine the relative weights of your scumreads.

Kilga, why are empty unvotes scummy? If Sky is town, what should he have done if he no longer likes his SB vote? Kept voting SB just for the sake of voting someone? That's much worse. You're not going to have multiple scumreads early on that you can just switch easily from one to the other. You have to look at the specific reasons for unvoting. I sort of agree with you about Raikaria dropping the case really quickly but I don't agree with your blanket statement.

@Dan- why?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2013, 03:21:04 AM »
Empty unvotes are scummy because they demonstrate a lack of ability to form a new case. An inability to form a proper case is more likely to come from scum than town because townies spend the game honestly and earnestly looking for scum while scum are fudging everything.

If Sky is town, I would have expected him to find someone else he finds scummy and then voted for that person.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2013, 05:14:10 AM »
Empty unvotes are scummy, would vote everyone that did it if I could.I think Serela was making a big deal out of nothing with his Sky Paladin vote with his wording but he's not as high priority. I thought BT's votecount post was an obvious joke and don't have a problem with him in general. DNA can get replaced or modkilled or whatever.
No matter scum or town, Kilga's the best man to quote things from that I can skip any actual painful typing but eh...
Sorry for being a dick last game.

Empty unvotes are scummy because they demonstrate a lack of ability to form a new case. An inability to form a proper case is more likely to come from scum than town because townies spend the game honestly and earnestly looking for scum while scum are fudging everything.

If Sky is town, I would have expected him to find someone else he finds scummy and then voted for that person.
.....I form a bunch of shitty cases as scum and throw them all around. I guess its more quality of cases. I hope to hear from SP on his reads, for current time constrains mean its very likely we either lynch him unless he somehow convince us turbowagoning someone else is a good idea. Either way that would confirm his alignment depending on the flip of whoever he's pushing for. Throwing shitty cases got us to lylo and would've probably won us the game if the cop didn't stack info by replacements which made everyone unwary of it.

Either way, Sky needs quality cases instead of quality defends. That's what I feel off about him.

>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2013, 10:48:12 AM »
Thank you for not turbolynching me while I was at work.  I only had a short time to post and I only had some vague feelings about replacement votes.  Seeing what happened for what I thought was a credible threat assessment I didn't feel like putting my hand up for anything that was even less concrete. 

Alerts:
Dan randomly asking Cheez, "Cheez, how many total scum do you think there are in this game?".  It's such an off the wall question targeted to a specific person.  He then follows it up with a "What's the five scenario you can imagine?".  Then there was a *sniff sniff* vote for Zakeri then BBM with no explanation.  It feels like the question up front is some kind of role ability, maybe needing somebody to write a specific number. 

Then Dan says "I'm just eerily stalking people in ethereal form is all." (and then) "since I'm a night spirit."

I haven't played AUS.  Is night spirit something we should worry about?

DarkNinjaABC:  He seems to be all over the place and dancing around.  He finally pinned down a vote on me.  I think I'm showing weakness so it's credible.  However, before this, I also stated that I thought DNA was an 'easy vote'.  It's because he's being so flippant and casual about the game.  It's reminiscent of his previous game as scum, although this time it's without the horrible butchering of English and imparseable grammar. 

Dormio:  Dormio hasn't done much of day 1 except post a few pictures and go lol.  I feel like he's coasting.  I think it's credible because why would he want to attract more heat in his situation at that stage?  Then he said this - "By the way, I'm not going to promise much content for the majority of D1 because I have exams to study for."  I'm mentioning that I feel like he's coasting but given his situation I think it's legit, for now.  Tomorrow is another day. 

Cheez:  This throwaway line in response to my OMGUS withdrawal, "Cut by Paladin not making too much sense and bringing up "people we haven't heard much from." Why even mention them?".  I thought this was a strange thing to say on it's own. 

Raikaria:  I felt that his jump on me was opportunistic and insubstantial.  He didn't have to risk anything by that vote and, as noted by SB and Schezo, it was not really committal.  It felt to me that Raikaria had anticipated the next wagon and wanted to be a part of it.  So I was surprised when Raikaria (and SB) unvoted.  At first I was just happy that Raikaria had cancelled the vote, but I thought it was strange.  When SB changed his vote it didn't feel strange.  I wondered why.  I thought, maybe I was bias because I was too scared to challenge SB again.  Then later, Kilga explained that just unvoting on it's own is scummy.  I didn't realize but that explains my strange feeling.  Something just felt off. 

A wild IHNN has appeared:  Well it's good to see you are here :D  He doesn't really say much but paints Dan and Schezo then says he's going to look at the people with votes behind them.  I don't like this attitude one bit.  They don't have to stick their neck out and can just join in what everybody else has already decided and if the wagon falls apart IHNN can just hop off easily.  He also strangely said "Anyways, read everything through here, nothing jumped out at me."  What, you didn't see Dormio nearly get quicklynched?  Or the explode two pages back when I got thrown in the fire for my vote on SB?  It suggests a casual, indifferent approach to the game that I don't think a towny would have. 

I'm curious about Dan.  I want to see more information about Dan and his story.  If he was scum, though, I don't think he would softclaim so early.  And act weird.  So I'm going to colour him in as 'odd' but not 'scum' at this stage. 

I'm going to vote IHNN.  ##vote IHNN because of the apparent lack of attention to the game (it's only 6 pages, and only the last 4 really matter) and wagonhunting. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
Guys; please remember my timezone is different to most of yours. As I said; it was late when I unvoted. It was 11pm. Hardly the time to be thinking too deeply about the mafias. Since I come back from the sleeps and there's usually a substantial amount of new information so I'd probobly have to change my vote anyway...

Anyway; looking over everything; I found someone who I don't like now. He is voting BT for ill-explained 'Bad Logic' which isn't even good logic itself; seeing as the only thing to use at that point was the RVS votes anyway. BT also happens to be voting NNR at that point.

He then hasn't... actually... done anything. Despite popping up and saying he'd talk about his thoughts on the gamestate 'in a bit' almost 12 hours ago.

So; his vote is OMGUS [Voting BT for a pretty bad reason after BT voted him]; he has 0 cases or opinions; and he hasn't really done anything either. I classify 'in a bit' as a lot less than 12 hours.

##Vote: NNR

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »
Sky, why would you be turbolynched? This is the second time you've been really paranoid and it irks me. Also I'm not sure if you interpreted IHNN's post correctly. He didn't say "I'm going to look at the wagons so I can vote for one of them". The impression I got was that he was just going to look at the wagons so that he can give his opinion on them, which is something townies should strive to do- something you even tell him to do when you speak about Dormio and yourself. And he's voting for Dan, who isn't even a wagon.

Raikaria, the point isn't just that you empty unvoted (at least for me). Why did you unvote Sky? As Kilga said, him unvoting doesn't actually mean anything in terms of your vote. You voted him for making the vote in the first place, which isn't undone by Sky unvoting.

BigBangMeteor

« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »
ugh 48 hour D1s are dumb; D1 is when you most need extra time. I miscalculated phase end times- I won't be back before then. Other than Serela... I'd be down with a Raikaria lynch. Sky after that maybe.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »
Raikaria, the point isn't just that you empty unvoted (at least for me). Why did you unvote Sky? As Kilga said, him unvoting doesn't actually mean anything in terms of your vote. You voted him for making the vote in the first place, which isn't undone by Sky unvoting.

I saw no point in keeping my vote on him. He accepted his mistake; and I'm willing to believe it was naivety more than scumminess.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »
Why is Sky Paladin "accepting his mistake" the action of an honest townie and not that of a scum who realizes his fake case is garbage and that hanging onto it is garnering him negative attention?

ActionDan

« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
@Dan- why?

When I voted you it wasn't random the first time.

I find you a little stilted.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
internet goes down soon.  I'll be here by 7pm.

So 1 hour before deadline.  I'll have to rush reads.

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
Why is Sky Paladin "accepting his mistake" the action of an honest townie and not that of a scum who realizes his fake case is garbage and that hanging onto it is garnering him negative attention?

Because my gut says so and I don't know how much experience the player has. I'd be less likely to believe this if it was you or Dormio; because I know you're better than that.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
i% accurate rvs scumteam: sp/rai/dan.

Now watch as i die n1, i will be in stiches if i did.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
I want to say I'd be okay with lynching Dark for doing very little but post fluff but I can't help but view it as a crapshoot newbie lynch

I still don't really like BBM but I don't have any real way to communicate why yet. I'd still rate Sky as my preferred lynch. His case on IHNN feels more like sensationalism to me; the points he brings up against IHNN sound good but then you actually think about them and when I did that I went "but wait most of that stuff isn't actually a big deal"

I guess it's just been awhile since we've had a 48 hour d1, it's weird to look at people like IHNN evaluating the game for the first time and simultaneously doing it with a consolidation mindset (e.g. looking at the people likely to be lynched over doing general opinions) and also that occurring when we actually really do already have to decide on a lynch so they're kind of late to the party (but it's not something that can be held against them due to time constraints)

Actually, I just reread NNR because I've noticed votes on him coming up. I have to agree with what I've been seeing people say about him. He tinked BT with a vote for "bad logic" and then never really did anything again. But, he -has- made posts since then. There just, uh, hasn't actually been anything in them.

##unvote ##Vote NNR

I like this more then the SkyPaladin wagon, although I'm not opposed to his lynch. Would rather have NNR's at this point though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »
it's funny because this d1 is sort and rushed and several people are complaining "this d1 is hard" and I'm actually here with two not-completely-crap cases on people I think are scummy enough for the d1 lynch and feelin' fine

Normally it's, you know, the other way around, and by normally I mean the majority of the time `-`

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2013, 04:33:49 PM »
(also about skypaladin, he just made a big posts, but most of the paragraphs come to no significant conclusion; like for example, the one on dormio is just "he's coasting but he gave a reason so I guess it's legit!" after talking about him for awhile, it's just, why is this even here)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2013, 04:35:18 PM »
Skypal's #128 doesn't explain why he drops SB. He just completely reverses what he was doing because people called him out on it. Also isn't clear why he wants Dan to talk about his spirit animal thing.

BBM: Differentiate between me saying "stuff" to get the game started and Skypal saying "stuff" to fuel serious arguments. ("Stuff" having a bad connotation.)

I didn't say anything about Serela going all "but my vote isn't that strong", but I think it's null at best. It's a character trait thing.

((For the record I'll say that what I said about Dormio being run up ISN'T refering to the law of big numbers, it's refering to the fact I think scum would naturally be more hesitatant to put their buddies so close to a lynch like that and so it's statistically less likely for Dormio to have been voted by other players like that as scum. Just to clear my name as not-an-idiot, you know.))

Don't like BT's "it's a joke" defense. Forces me to either look like a moron or brush it off and keep pushing. and the "joke" was hard to see to the untrained eye.
It's a joke, moron.

I can explain even further if you're gonna be like that.

Odd thing about Raikaria, gut's telling me not to lynch ('specially #171) despite initially liking Kilga's case. Makes me want to look at Kilga now, because the fact that he unvoted isn't actually as damning as he made it out to be.

I'm fine with a NNR wagon.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »
Oh, it concerns me that Skypal probably won't be here until it's too late. Though I guess there's nothing to do about that except make sure there's at least one other decent wagon going.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
I can live to lylo. Serela must not.

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »
I haven't played AUS.  Is night spirit something we should worry about?
With one possible exception, night spirits are usually malicious. If that's the case, though, I'm fairly certain Dan (or anybody else) wouldn't be brazen enough to claim a scum role as scum so I trust him for now. Not enough to say that he's town, but at least enough to say he's probably not scum.

At first I was just happy that Raikaria had cancelled the vote, but I thought it was strange.  When SB changed his vote it didn't feel strange.  I wondered why.  I thought, maybe I was bias because I was too scared to challenge SB again.  Then later, Kilga explained that just unvoting on it's own is scummy.  I didn't realize but that explains my strange feeling.  Something just felt off.
It's not the empty unvoting that was scummy to me, it's the way it took absolutely nothing to get him to unvote. He acted as if you taking your vote off SB meant his reason to suspect you was no longer valid, and that's really not the case.

Also I don't get your case against IHNN as much as I don't get your case against DNA. It helps me understand my case on you, though.

NNR is kind of drifting by under the radar, I guess. Hadn't noticed much about him so far. I don't think I'm willing to vote for him over that though because there were a lot of people in the last game who also seemed to go by under the radar regardless of alignment.

I really don't get why people are discussing whether or not Serela should be lynched because I've seen absolutely nothing incriminating from him so far.