Author Topic: Jojo - The DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH  (Read 42070 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Jojo - The DIAMOND IS NOT CRASH
« on: November 04, 2013, 02:30:28 PM »

In the most recent WSJ issue; this promotional poster for JJBA Part 3; Stardust Crusaders; was included. It will be officially announced on the 22nd December 2013 at Jump Feista; and the website in the above image has the date '2014' on it.

With it confirmed that we're getting Stardust Crusaders next year; the most famous of the Jojo stories; which has had enough of a cultural impact to be referenced in many works [Including Touhou]; I think now is a good time to start up a Jojo thread.

Discuss the ongoing manga; Part 1/Part 2's anime adaptations; and even the previous Part 3 OVA! If you don't know what JJBA is; I highly recommend looking into it before Part 3's 2014 adaptation comes out! The anime adaptations of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency are THE most true-to-source adaptations I have ever seen.

Let's get some hype going for Jotaro and Dio!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:43:47 AM by Edible »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
Re: Get ready for the CRUSADE of STARDUST [JJBA Pt3]
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 04:45:10 PM »
my body is ready)etc

hypehypehypehype

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
my body is ready)etc

hypehypehypehype
This, all of this :V. The Part 1 and 2 adaptations were great viewing, Stardust Crusaders shall be glorious.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »
The adaptations of part 1 and 2 reflected their length. Part 1 was... 9 episodes if I remember right while part 2 was twice as long. Part 3 is about as long as the first two combined, so it may very well be a full 26 episodes, which will make me giddy with excitement.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:59:34 PM »
It will be officially announced on the 22nd December 1013 at Jump Feista

Sounds like its high time I looked into this series. 

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 06:30:28 PM »
Praying for a good budjet on this one considering both their Neptunia and Jojo pt1-2 presales were really good.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 06:34:43 PM »
Sounds like its high time I looked into this series.

Damnit typos.

Praying for a good budjet on this one considering both their Neptunia and Jojo pt1-2 presales were really good.

Well considering they're not advertizing Diamond is Unbreakable as well; it seems like at the very least the whole season will be Pt3. And the budget 'should' be larger; seeing the success of Part 1/2 and the fact... well... this is Stardust Crusaders. Jotaro and Part 3 Dio are some of the most iconic manga characters.

And the detail on the poster is really good too. So if that's anything to go by...

The adaptations of part 1 and 2 reflected their length. Part 1 was... 9 episodes if I remember right while part 2 was twice as long. Part 3 is about as long as the first two combined, so it may very well be a full 26 episodes, which will make me giddy with excitement.

Basically as I said above; they're not putting anything from Diamond is Unbreakable on that poster; so it seems like it's Stardust Crusaders only. Having the animation team focus solely on one main cast should help improve the quality; of both the art consistancy and the voice acting.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:37:52 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »
My brother hates part 3 so much. :V

I'm just glad it isn't taking years to get these made.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
My brother hates part 3 so much. :V

You've disowned him right? *Totally not serious*

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 04:42:59 AM »
but are we getting CG stands
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:06 AM »
Star Platinum in the poster appears to be the same art style as Jotaro, make of that what you will.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 04:08:18 AM »
If viewed as a necro I apologise.

It has begun, it is largely on form (yes the budget has gone up), CGI walking through prison corridors notwithstanding.
Anime of the season most likely, been waiting for a full Stardust Crusaders adaptation for a long time.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 04:47:50 AM »
My body, it was not ready :V.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 09:16:32 AM »
And so it begins. The melancholy of knowing that, having just watched the latest episode of JoJo's, there exists the longest possible amount of time between that moment and the next episode of JoJo's.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:21:10 AM by Definitely Not Dormio »

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »
I just started watching (2012) yesterday. I'll probably start watching this in a day or two. :V

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 02:23:45 PM »
Crunchyroll's picked up the anime, getting Pt1 and the first ep of Pt3 so far; Pt2 will be up next week. I've decided to start watching since nothing else interested me this season.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 02:24:34 AM »
Will I, someone who has never seen or read a Jojo anything, enjoy this? I'm not watching anything current right now and people seem to be watching this, so I kind of want to as well. But I don't have time to catch up.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 07:49:34 AM »
Will I, someone who has never seen or read a Jojo anything, enjoy this? I'm not watching anything current right now and people seem to be watching this, so I kind of want to as well. But I don't have time to catch up.

Perhaps. While all the parts are connected to each other in one way or another, they're fairly independent. Thus, you can start the series pretty much from anywhere. That said (and I know this is cliche), the series is probably best enjoyed from the very beginning.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 12:54:14 AM »

IT BEGINS

And yes, JJBA works both standalone and as a total story very well. [With the exception of Part 7, which is a reboot and thus the prior parts do not matter]

Also each of the parts is a significantly different genre and setting, with the main character being very different in personality and even fighting style. So while you may not like, say, Part 2's style, Part 3 may work for you. And so on. Araki is awesome like that. Part 1 [Phantom Blood] feels COMPLETELY different to Part 2 [Battle Tendancy] and Part 3 [Stardust Crusaders]. Johnathon, Joseph and Jotaro are completely different characters.

I hope two things:
1: They remain as faithful to the manga [Barring needed Censorship, and I imagine there may be a fair amount of that in Part 3, such as Tower of Grey] as possible
2: The animation quality is a little more stable than the last season. They should be better now, and have a larger budget due to the success of Pt1 and Pt2.

Still, if you want to see what might be the most faithful adaptation of a manga into an anime ever, and a classic one at that, give JJBA a spin.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:58:42 AM by Raikaria »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 04:04:10 PM »
Caught up. Uh, this Stand thing is kind of dumb. They even have stats? It also feels like a kick to part 1's shin knowing that
Spoiler:
Dio survived
for, uh, reasons.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 05:39:04 PM »
Parts 1 and 2, as well as the beginning of Part 3 can be kind of hard to get through at times. Just take your time. Imo, Part 4 is where the series starts to have everything figured out.
Although each arc is technically standalone, there are a lot of tie-ins. Personally, they really are best enjoyed (or at least most easily understood) in order, even if it means trudging through a less interesting arc.

Caught up. Uh, this Stand thing is kind of dumb. They even have stats? It also feels like a kick to part 1's shin knowing that
Spoiler:
Dio survived
for, uh, reasons.
I thought his survival was explained at the end of Part 1 or something.
Also, Stands get better. They really do. Please bear with it.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 06:39:29 PM »
I thought his survival was explained at the end of Part 1 or something.
I watched it only a few days ago and I'm pretty sure
Spoiler:
the point was that Jonathan thwarted Dio's attempt to steal his body & hide in the coffin with his remaining strength
. Doesn't help that throughout part 2 the impression was that Jonathan had a nice respectful journey
Spoiler:
and death
and had "dealt with the problem", except apparently not. It didn't seem like the cast was gloomy over a possible "failure", even partially, so it doesn't really mesh. Part 1 loses so much of its meaning to me now.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 07:02:24 PM »
Parts 1 and 2, as well as the beginning of Part 3 can be kind of hard to get through at times. Just take your time. Imo, Part 4 is where the series starts to have everything figured out.
Although each arc is technically standalone, there are a lot of tie-ins. Personally, they really are best enjoyed (or at least most easily understood) in order, even if it means trudging through a less interesting arc.

Hmm, that sounds complicated and time-consuming. Not that I have anything against complicated stories, but I certainly don't have time to watch two entire series right now before I start watching this. So if my choices are "watch it out of order" or "shelve it, possibly indefinitely" which do you recommend?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 08:39:06 PM »
Hmm, that sounds complicated and time-consuming. Not that I have anything against complicated stories, but I certainly don't have time to watch two entire series right now before I start watching this. So if my choices are "watch it out of order" or "shelve it, possibly indefinitely" which do you recommend?
parts 1 and 2 are one (26 ep) series, part 3 will likely be the same length they were combined .
Watch out of order is fine (the start of part 3 is a confusing mess whatever) they are basically all stand alone.

yeah part 3 starts with a slight retcon of part 1's ending
Spoiler:
Jonathan used his strength to get his wife out safely, she gets out in the same box as Dio possessing Jonathan's body is revealed to have done in part 3 (hence the secret compartment)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 02:48:36 AM »
Yes, the ending of Part 1 got slightly retconned with Part 3. [Yeah there was a 'secret compartment'. That doesn't explain how Dio snuck under Erina. Or how he did so considering the explosion and everything where he was on the boat still. Perhaps he took Johnothan's body while in the water, swam to the box and got in after Erina was rescued?J Just like Old-Joseph's design from the end of Part 2 went under a slight overhaul before Part 3.

But you know what? The adaptation is so faithful IT KEEPS THOSE FACTS.

Just like the color shifts are references to the mangaka very rarely being consistent with his coloring on color pages. Especially early in the manga. And especially with hair colors.  There's a reason why OVA Old Joseph is blonde yet Anime is Grey.

And you can certainly get into Part 3 without knowing the other parts. Joseph will be a bit more mysterious, but they explain Dio's background and Johnathon anyway in Part 3, and most of Battle Tendency is not relevant to Part 3, or any other par for that matter.

If you want to have a background going into Part 3, you can watch Part 1. You don't need to know Joseph's past to enjoy or understand Part 3.

Anyway, 2 eps in, and so far, the animations seem more consistent than last season. This is a good thing.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:56:01 AM by Raikaria »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 03:24:00 AM »
Joseph
Spoiler:
using Hamon later on in conjunction with Hermit Purple does get a little confusing if you haven't seen Part 2, and the fact that Stands are pretty much a complete evolution of Hamon will also be lost on you.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 04:58:15 AM »
Joseph
Spoiler:
using Hamon later on in conjunction with Hermit Purple does get a little confusing if you haven't seen Part 2, and the fact that Stands are pretty much a complete evolution of Hamon will also be lost on you.
I'm pretty sure that
Spoiler:
Joseph and Dio explain pretty clearly what Hamon is at the time however. Even then, you don't need to understand all the Hamon stuff, especially as these points are rather minor. Also, you can get this stuff from Part 1, you don't need to watch Part 2 at all to get Part 3, or anything that follows for that matter

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 02:30:16 PM »
That OP, man.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 08:37:56 AM »
I was excited.

And it was way back when it was announced in 2013.

And quite a lot of people were not sure if they were gonna continue the adaptations because of the Part 3 OVA that already existed [Hence it's happening]

Personally I'm happy people bumped it rather than me make a new thread.