Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Thread 1 (Locked)  (Read 59998 times)

Re: The iDOLM@STER Mafia Episode 1!
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
##Vote: Serious Bananas
Normally I'd do some blantant softclaim/breadcrumb thingy, but I haven't even checked my role pm, so ehh.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 04:24:21 PM »
It's after 1 am and my bedtime is 10 pm and my wife wants me to ride out to seven eleven and its raining why am I online zzz

The US government didn't shut down!  I'm so disappointed.  At least there's a typhoon this week.  Maybe I won't have to go outside AT ALL. 

How do I hit bold on this thing. 

oh right its been maybe a year since I used one of these for more than just typing straight text.  OK here goes!

##vote conqueror

because they are totally on to me imo. 

Also I don't know if I will get to check the thread before TIME OUT so may as well get in a vote before then.  Farewell!
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 04:42:02 PM »
Serela you put ants in my room didn't you???!?
sorry it was to fulfill my conditional power I swear!

Also the government was shut down for like 3 weeks, it's just they barely avoided going bankrupt and failing to pay other countries their bills
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »
Oookay. I actually read that wall.
like I have explictly pointed out in my previous post, I am not paranoid, its just logic.
you are merely being targeted because your trick is unnecessarily complicated and organized in a way that screams suspicion. why must it be an acrostic poem, why can't you remove every single vowel, why can't you type up a ridiculous case on how he loves catgirls and must die on nnr, and why, would you deliberately clarify from before and after your message that you are under caffeine influence when you pull this so called harmless 'tomfoolery'. there are many more relatively ''common'' means of making a funny post and your uncommon manner gives the impression of that you are completing a task, instead of having ''fun''
This is pure, filtered and distilled paranoia.
moreover, you've responded rather vigorously to my comments, despite my early case on you lacking a detailed logic flow due to the lack of information AND that there wasn't even a wagon on you. therefore its not paranoia that makes you post so hard, then what is it? guilt.
there's simply no reason to get so fussed up, multiple times, even if you genuinely only meant to have a laugh over this necessarily complex 'joke'.
If you haven't read the previous games i participated in, i tend to respond rather vigorously to most of the comments. You just were at the wrong place at the wrong time with ridiculous claim. And for some reason you persist in your ridiculous accusations. And where's that guilt you're speaking of?
''townies in a role madness game will not be crippled ''seriously'' (as in lose) even if a mislynch occurs. therefore by killing we can clear suspicion and disable scum from building on said suspicion to the demise of town, which is relatively more crippling '
I'm trying to understand this part and failing.
but now, you are practically raising a strawman argument to drag me down with you to cause chaos and further making your alignment  all but more dubious
my early case is indeed badly written, but that's due to an obvious lack of information because of the lack of posts, now you have all but provided me more and more info, and it turns out only to paint you in more and more of a negative light.
but does that make me scum? no. because your argument can be used on anyone else really. you are but trying to get us off your scummy back by throwing more junk for us to digest, good plan, but no.
I'm dragging you down and throwing junk for you to digest? I thought i was merely standing near the grave you're digging for yourself.

Darkie, i have a really strong urge to vote you for tryharding. But for now i'll assume that you're just a paranoid overzealous scum-hunter. And a failing one at that.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 05:36:31 PM »
further evidence on your guilt, this is NOT what i have said about townies. my argument is only: ''townies in a role madness game will not be crippled ''seriously'' (as in lose) even if a mislynch occurs. therefore by killing we can clear suspicion and disable scum from building on said suspicion to the demise of town, which is relatively more crippling '' this argument also, is made when i am still reading you from a town perspective.

Sorry, but this is not true.

What if the townie we lynch is a Doc? Or a Cop?

Then it hurts.

Why are you trying to rush through a lynch ED1; cutting the day short?

I've been wagoned for this very line of thinking enough times myself.

My vote is staying where it is.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »
What? Unless he's actually said somewhere in his post that he's trying to do this, uh, what?

Making a case on someone (regardless of how silly/misguided it might be) doesn't mean they're trying to quicklynch through the day.

##unvote ##Vote Raikaria

(For the record IMO darkie is overly tryhard but it's null to his alignment, especially since it's ed1, and the vote on Raikaria is for strawmanning)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »
Silly Time First Votecount

Song: AI LIKE HAMBURGER

SP (1) - Conq
Conq (2) - Shadoweh, SP
Mitsuki (1) - ActionDan
Serela (2) - SB, NNR
Validon98 (1) - Mitsuki
CF7 (1) - Dark
SB (2) - BT, Zakeri
Shadoweh (1) - Validon98
Dark (1) - Raikaria
Raikaria (1) - Serela
Not Voting: CF7

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(88%)

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »
Oh. In that case.
##Vote NNR
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 07:14:24 PM »
Okay, so not much happened while I was gone.
The whole thing between CF7 and Darkninjaabc seems just really overreading into a silly RVS thing. People make RVS jokes every single game. I don't see that as evidence as to alignment at all (on either side, really).
And that's really all I can add (not that it's adding much, Serela and CF7 both already made this point). >_>;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Serela

I don't understand the vote. I mean, Serela made a point about that, but how does that reasoning make Raikaria scum?
There's the fact that Raikaria is an easy vote and that Serela felt the need to place a vote. I'd try to explain better but I have to leave now (@A@)

I'll be busy until Monday, but I'll hopefully have time to read and post.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
I don't understand the vote. I mean, Serela made a point about that, but how does that reasoning make Raikaria scum?
It makes Raikaria scummy for misrepresenting Darkie in a way that makes him look worse then he actually is. This is actually a serious vote! (as far as ED1 seriousness goes, at least)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 08:04:09 PM »
It makes Raikaria scummy for misrepresenting Darkie in a way that makes him look worse then he actually is. This is actually a serious vote! (as far as ED1 seriousness goes, at least)
Another way for me to say this that might be more clear is "Raikaria is voting Darkie for things Darkie didn't actually do"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »
Except I'm not misrepresenting Darkninja

early game feats are, to my limited knowledge, mostly limited to tomfoolery, but this is role madness, there's simply no guarantee to whether one small action, text color means anything special.

[...]

tl;dr: this is early, we are lyching someone, this someone better be someone suspicious so scum cannot exploit on his ambiguity such that it comes back to bite us later.
(don't just ready this and if possible please read everything else too thanks)

First part means he knows it's RVS but think's it's serious anyway.

Second, bolded part implies he wants to see the lynch go through.

That's what gives me the impression of Darkninja wanting to quicklynch. I thought that was obvious.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 10:10:08 PM »
Also just because you don't interpret things the way I did doesn't mean I'm misrepresenting him on purpose.

And your vote is pretty hypocritical IMO as well, as you say 'Darkie's not scum for forming a [bad] case early' and then lynch me for trying to do the same thing.

Even if his intention was not to quicklynch, that is what it came off to me like, and even then, his case is awful and I'd keep my vote as a 'drop it, it's nothing, you're being silly' vote.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2013, 10:47:36 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote CF7

Okay CF7 please explain your nonsensical contradictory approach to Dark.

Anyway, on the more serious note. You're overreacting.
Darkie, i have a really strong urge to vote you for tryharding. But for now i'll assume that you're just a paranoid overzealous scum-hunter. And a failing one at that.
Here Dark is just overreacting and it isn't indicative of anything.

tl;dr Darkie's case is really badly written and he's the most suspicious so far.
So there. =)
I'm dragging you down and throwing junk for you to digest? I thought i was merely standing near the grave you're digging for yourself.
Here Dark is suspicious.

I can back up Raikaria's interpretation because I read that part the same way.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »
btw my early comment on Dark wasn't a joke and I do think he's town - people handwaving his stuff as null bothers me because it seemed town to me pretty much instantly

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
##Vote: Raikaria

BT why are you being wrong, you're suposed to be the best analyzer here.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 11:31:48 PM »
Shouldn't it stand to reason that I'm right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 11:48:49 PM »
Okay Raikaria pointing that out justifies where Raikaria was coming from nevermind

##Unvote

I read Darkie's post but didn't see where the quicklynch thing was coming from so I figured it wasn't a thing that actually happened, but since it is, then Raikaria's not scummy mc.scummerton anymore

sheeping bt on cf7 being contradictory!

##Vote cf7

Shadoweh

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 11:51:43 PM »
But it's the most adorable slapfight. Why would you want to pick on either of them?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2013, 12:00:32 AM »
I think the why is pretty apparent. Asked myself multiple times what CF7 was going for when reading his posts, Would like to think that's suggestive of a faker.

You think CF7 is slapfighting town? Why?

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2013, 12:43:49 AM »
##Unvote: Serious Bananas
##Vote: CF7

I see BT has already mentioned it, but I don't like how quickly CF7 switches between "Most suspicious" to paranoid town. Can you at least explain why the switch occured?

Also, I don't see how Rai's attack on Ninja makes him scum.
Not an Edit: Although I guess that's because I had the grace of seeing him respond to the post voting against him.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2013, 12:59:44 AM »
Still Silly Time

Song: Do-Dai

SP (1) - Conq
Conq (1) - SP
Mitsuki (1) - ActionDan
Serela (3) - SB, NNR, Mitsuki
CF7 (4) - Dark, BT, Serela, Zakeri
Shadoweh (1) - Validon98
Dark (1) - Raikaria
Raikaria (1) - Shadoweh
NNR (1) - CF7
Not Voting:

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(81%)

Shadoweh

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2013, 01:18:55 AM »
I think the why is pretty apparent. Asked myself multiple times what CF7 was going for when reading his posts, Would like to think that's suggestive of a faker.

You think CF7 is slapfighting town? Why?
Apparently I have less stringint standards on how awesome the first real cases of the game have to be. I'm skipping the part where we decide which of the two townies doing the argument was worse at it and going directly to the step where we point out the people voting that way are being opportunistically bad. :)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2013, 01:41:54 AM »
sky paladin is lame.

I am taking a GRE tomorrow, was studying.  Am posting to say

##Unvote

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2013, 03:04:26 AM »
hope ya feel better, dan. and good luck!

dark looks tryhard but doesnt read scummy atm

bt your cf7 case is cherrypicking quotes out of context. also why can't he be both suspicious of dark and think he's overreacting. anyway it's not like cf7 is even voting dark, so saying his approach is contradictory is ??? What's contradictory about his ultimate conclusion? similar question to zak: it's not like the switch from "most suspicious for now" to "paranoid town" is unwarranted this early in the game, and even if it was sudden what's scummy about it?

##unvote
##vote: raikaria

the attack on darkninja is really disingenous. the implication that dark is trying to quicklynch is laughable since I parsed what he was saying as "we should try to lynch suspicious people no matter how early it is."
there's also this from raikaria:

I've been wagoned for this very line of thinking enough times myself.

My vote is staying where it is.
so darkninja is doing something that raikaria has been wagoned for doing...thus raikaria will keep his vote on darkninja? there's no thought process here, it's just word vomit.

also there's a tonal(?) thing i can't explain that feels different from what i've seen from town!raikaria in the past few games. like in the last game he was super paranoid and wanted to lynch the claimed masons but at least i could understand where he was coming from for the most part, well at least enough to hard defend him

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2013, 03:07:51 AM »
addendum:
Even if his intention was not to quicklynch, that is what it came off to me like, and even then, his case is awful and I'd keep my vote as a 'drop it, it's nothing, you're being silly' vote.
so if his intent was not to quicklynch, your vote basically boils down to "your case is awful and you're silly." okay, do you think he's scum?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2013, 03:21:15 AM »
Responses:

Except I'm not misrepresenting Darkninja

First part means he knows it's RVS but think's it's serious anyway.

Second, bolded part implies he wants to see the lynch go through.

That's what gives me the impression of Darkninja wanting to quicklynch. I thought that was obvious.
At the start of the game, any of our votes being RVS is true for everyone. Which I have already explained multiple times over presenting my case, due to the absence of information. However, based on each individual's response to a vote, we can then gradually establish a much more logically sound and reasonable read on said individual. Which is the entire point of RVS happening in the first place!

There has never been the rule that RVS cannot develop into truly intentional votes.

Quicklynch argument was like....well, what to me. My entire point boils down to the fact that CF7 RVS is suspicious, and that even if it was a mislynch its okay to occur since its so early in the game anyway.

I am inclined to transfer my vote to you rai, but allow me a moment to compare and formulate my case.

EDIT: dafuq conq the ninja got ninja'd!?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2013, 07:32:59 AM »
why can't [CF7] be both suspicious of dark and think he's overreacting.
Because "suspicious" should be reserved for scumreads when he talks repeatedly of thinking he's town.
And sure it's not unwarranted, but getting him to talk more about his decision won't hurt.

I want to disagree with your case on Raikaria, but uhh, I can't find anything wrong with it actually.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2013, 07:49:24 AM »
PX Is Asleep Time

Song: Kyun! Vampire Girl

Conq (1) - Sky Paladin
Serela (3) - Serious Bananas, NekoNekoRex, Mitsuki
CF7 (4) - Darkninjaabc, BT, Serela, Zakeri
Shadoweh (1) - Validon98
Darkninjaabc (1) - Raikaria
Raikaria (2) - Shadoweh, Conq
NekoNekoRex (1) - CF7
Not Voting: ActionDan

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||(71%)