Author Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Discussions  (Read 2593 times)

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Discussions
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:12:33 PM »
So, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one excited for this game. :3 And I'm pretty sure there are others that think "Meh. Just another Zelda." or something like that. But what does everyone think about this next one? :D Do you think it'll be good, bad or somewhere in the middle? o: Since I put discussions up there on the topic, maybe we should handle this by specific parts of it? Like the item renting system! :3 I sure didn't see that one coming. It's... A change, that's for sure. But it might be a nice change since now we can pick whatever dungeon order we want. :3 It does seem a bit MegaMan-ish to me, but hey! I grew up with that system only being in MegaMan (that I saw) so it might just be me. ^^;

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Discussions
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:06:11 PM »
Item renting system? Mind giving some links and details here?

I'm interested in the game, especially since it's apparently a sequel to A Link to the Past, I guess. I look forward to playing it.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 12:17:34 AM »
Well basically, instead of finding your items like the boomerang or the bow&arrow in a dungeon like in previous games, you get to rent them instead (and eventually buying them) starting from early on in the game in a place called (apparently) Ravio's Shop owned by a character whom the shop was named after. :3 This lets one go to the dungeons in any order depending on what items the player decided to rent. It's been mentioned you only keep rented items until you get a Game Over, but you get to keep bought items after those. o: It's interesting because this will have one scavenging for ruppees more often so they can permanently keep items. :3 Here's a link to some of that info and a bit more in the Nintendo Direct.: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/nintendo-direct-new-details-on-a-link-between-worlds-item-shop/

Drake

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 01:00:39 AM »
if you can't steal from the shop i'm out

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 05:52:57 AM »
This is what kinda bugs me, this new shop system. Zelda encourages exploring the world and finding new toys and upgrades to play with. Taking that away kind of...Lessens the experience, I feel, but who knows! It might actually be fun!

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »
if you can't steal from the shop i'm out
I wasn't kidding when I said pay!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 01:37:39 AM »
I agree with Third Eye. I guess it does kinda take away a bit of that magic of exploring for items Zelda games have. o: It might be fun if pulled off right though. Let's just hope that's the case this time! :3 Fingers crossed for that! X3

98digger

• The Master of 9801
  • What? Windows? What's that?
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 09:21:29 PM »
Its nice to see a game that returns to the original Zelda timeline. I'm hoping that Nintendo will include Dark Link from Zelda II in the new "alternate" version of Hyrule :D.

^Notice: I'm bad at writing replies :)    Also: Check out my personal site here: https://themasterof9801.neocities.org/

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
Its nice to see a game that returns to the original Zelda timeline. I'm hoping that Nintendo will include Dark Link from Zelda II in the new "alternate" version of Hyrule :D .
Hmmm, that is a possibility, yet at the same time, pretty predictable. I also can't help but think of Shadow Link from Four Swords Adventures and how he was utilized there...I hope they can make Shadow/Dark Link a challenging opponent instead of just some troll that messes you up at every turn.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »
I'm hyped for this and Phoenix Wright soon!