Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now V - "Ah ha ha...I have killed a lot of people."  (Read 175746 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
you people keep playing games god damn

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Got Untold yesterday, going to try my best to balance it and Fate/Stay Night (which I'm reading for my senior thesis if you can believe it).

Also I hate direct sequels which don't recap previous entries for newcomers/link to them. >:(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

but I hate you so everything works out

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sahgren

Add me to the Untold crowd. This isn't too ha- *gets caught in tripple FOE room*

Crap.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Ehehe I'm still going through regular ol' EO4. Also SMT4.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Should merge this thread with the EO one because I have it too :v

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
what the "Ah ha ha...I have killed a lot of people." in the title mean? D:

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Also I hate direct sequels which don't recap previous entries for newcomers/link to them. >:(
"Games were played, random discussions were had, also raging at vidya"

recap done

on that note guess whose copy of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle came in?  8D

theshirn

what the "Ah ha ha...I have killed a lot of people." in the title mean? D:
It's a line from Borderlands 2.  It is also very appropriate for this thread.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Errrgh I don't want to remember all the stuff that's still floating around in my backlog.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Personally I would have gone with "SHOOT ME IN THE FACE" which is also appropriate for some of the posts usually in this thread

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Okay, 1st post on the new thread.
I am playing Metal Slug 3D... Jesus Christ that game is the definition of mediocre. The missions are repetitive, guns with wrong qualifications (The MP5 is called the "Heavy Machine Gun", the "Shotgun" is an FAL variant with an Grenade launcher and stuff like that) the game doesn't know if it wants to be easy or hard so it's kinda like Ten Desires in some way, almost all of the bosses are underweling:
Stage 1 boss is just a truck that fires explosives, you know, Metal Slug 3's Stage 1 MIDBOSS?
And Stage 2's is just your regular arse helicopter?
Stage 7's boss is a walking castle, which you THINK would be cool but just 130 shots from the MG and it's gone;
And for the life of me, I just CAN'T get an S ranking on Stage 10. I always get a perfect score, but not perfect time, and I cleared the stage as quick as 6min30s once. It's almost like it's not programed into the game.
BUT WHY THE HELL DO I LIKE THIS GAME SO MUCH? IS IT JUST BECAUSE IT'S AN 3D METAL SLUG GAME?!

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Kimidori

• Undefined Fantastic Girl, Nue
anyone here played Trauma Center/Trauma Team?

for some reason after marathon the series I can't play killing game anymore. .  :ohdear:

"No matter what, cute is justice. If you're watching shows without moe, you should really be questioning your life decisions. The creation of 2D anime girls is the pinnacle of human achievement." -Logan M

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Well, considering you're saving instead of killing in those games, I'm not surprised. Though I would think the last thing you want to do after marathoning the series is play some other games, considering how stressful the games are on your dominant hand. Aletheia Hard still makes my arm shake quite a bit.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
anyone here played Trauma Center/Trauma Team?

for some reason after marathon the series I can't play killing game anymore. .  :ohdear:
I love the series oops

haven't played any of them in a while but I cleared all the bonus missions in UtK2 and holy hell that was a thing (and I did it with only one stylus too so uh)

commandercool

• alter cool
Just finished Persona 4 last night. I had never actually played it despite clearing Persona 3 three times, watching the anime, and playing a lot of Persona 4 Arena. I liked it, but thought it was a clear step blow Persona 3. I might have felt differently if I didn't already know how the mystery plot went or if I had been playing Golden.

Probably going to start Catherine later today. Because I guess I have an Atlus thing going right now.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I'm playing GTAV Online. Yeah, it's pretty cool, but it's way too chaotic, everybody wants everybody else DEAD. Also, Rockstar didn't balance the Stubby Shotgun very well: It's always a 1HKO. Always. Doesn't matter at what range, how much health you have, how many pellets hit you, it doesn't matter, it always seems to 1HKO.
NO WAIT, TURNS OUT YOU CAN SURVIVE A SHOTGUN BLAST! But only if less than half of the buckshot hits you when the shooter is atleast 20+ metres away from you.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:02:15 PM by FamilyTeam »

Reddyne

Dishonored was great except for the characterization. I beat the game practically by accident, too.

Onto Bioshock Infinite! Wow, I get to choose between
Spoiler:
hitting the mixed race couple or the racist? Whell! The 60's are coming to Columbia 50 years early!

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Okay, does GTA online save automatically? Because I get this odd feeling that Rockstar forgot their common sense and makes it necessary for you to manually save the game. I mean, there is an option for it! I turned off without using this option that shouldn't even exist in the first place, and I'm worried that I may have lost progress.

Ibaraki

• 茨華仙
  • Keeping things disciplined
Dishonored was great except for the characterization. I beat the game practically by accident, too.
No Kill, No Detection playthrough?
Honestly, I find it somewhat detestable at first that the game suggests me to not resort into assassination while I'm playing as an assassin. Thankfully, the moral question struck me in the end of the game, and it somewhat made me proud for achieving what I consider impossible at first. Not to count the well-deserved happy ending.

Whose characterization you don't find appealing?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:24:23 AM by Ibaraki »

commandercool

• alter cool
Got a couple of hours into Catherine, liking it a lot so far except for when it occasionally stops being a puzzle and starts being a reflex game. It's certainly a change of pace, and that's worth some points.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Picked up Waifu Simulator Agarest on Steam because I'm a terrible person. Currently just fiddling with it to make it run better, I might end up not playing it properly until I just get a new computer.
Passed endgame in Terraria 1.2 a couple of days ago. Going on Dungeon Guardian hunting expeditions with Infinity and accidentally spawning eight of them instead of one is certainly a thing.
Just slowly grinding my way through ClaDun x2. Eventually I'll figure out how this game actually works.
I've also been playing DJMAX Trilogy again on occasion. Holy shit I'm terrible at this game now, definitely need to practice a little bit.
Still playing all those shitty online games like DotA, LoL, CounterStrike, and what have you. I have yet to figure out why I hate myself so much.
Still going through my collection of garbage VNs at a snail's pace. Again, I don't know why I hate myself so much.
Other than that, I've got a bunch of random games lying around that I still need to complete, so no worries on that front really.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Started playing Kamidori Alchemy Meister the other day. Not bad so far besides getting my ass handed to me for making stupid mistakes. Damn harpies. :V
I also have been attempting to make progress in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX whenever I can actually get on my PS3. Proud mode so far isn't too bad, but I imagine it gets worse as it goes on. Maybe. It's been so long since I played the original game that I have to relearn everything I knew about it from about ten years ago.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Started playing Kamidori Alchemy Meister the other day. Not bad so far besides getting my ass handed to me for making stupid mistakes. Damn harpies. :V
I've always found Yuera a bit weak to harpies, so I do a Wil/Serawi pair to block them off. If you can avoid getting them in critical (thus using their Undress buff), it helps a lot.

Page 191 of the Wizard's Companion says Ulk are vulnerable to poison. Guess what Ulk nullify?

Atelier Meruru: One of the few games where getting smashed by the fist of a giant 'effing tree is less damaging on the whole than the same tree raining down spiky fruits on someone.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:45:04 AM by Purple Heart »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Just discovered that if you set your system to Japanese, Space Channel 5 Part 2 HD will be in Japanese.

I love SC5 way too much

Reddyne

No Kill, No Detection playthrough?
Honestly, I find it somewhat detestable at first that the game suggests me to not resort into assassination while I'm playing as an assassin. Thankfully, the moral question struck me in the end of the game, and it somewhat made me proud for achieving what I consider impossible at first. Not to count the well-deserved happy ending.

Whose characterization you don't find appealing?
The pacifist/ghost achievements (always personal favorites) got flushed sometime during the Flooded District part and I don't have any idea how it happened. Maybe I knocked someone out and they fell? Also, I thought the characterization for the entire cast was weak in some regard. You go out into Dunwall, silence dozens of guards, jump through all sorts of hoops and tight spots to assassinate or neutralize your mark(s), then return to your comrades, only to get a brief one-sided conversation with a few of them before going back out.
Spoiler:
Sam and Emily were the only ones I took any interest in, considering what they do and go through.
The game simply featured a lot of missed opportunities to make the cast sympathetic or endearing.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
Right now, I am just trying to get to advanced extra in Super Monkey Ball DX.
To get to it, you have to beat advanced which is 70 levels without continuing.
I had a perfect run end at Arthropod. I got there with 3 lives remaining. Words cannot describe how much hatred I have for this stage right now. :flamingv:
To make matters worse, Arthropod is level 69 out of 70.
To me, it should be in the Expert difficulty.

Other then that, I have also been playing Soul Calibur V trying to level up so I can make Touhou custom characters.
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
Right now, I am just trying to get to advanced extra in Super Monkey Ball DX.
To get to it, you have to beat advanced which is 70 levels without continuing.
I had a perfect run end at Arthropod. I got there with 3 lives remaining. Words cannot describe how much hatred I have for this stage right now. :flamingv:
To make matters worse, Arthropod is level 69 out of 70.
To me, it should be in the Expert difficulty.

Other then that, I have also been playing Soul Calibur V trying to level up so I can make Touhou custom characters.
Arthropod is a weird one.  There is a way, if you watch the clock and know the inputs, to basically perfect the level 100% of the time.  Otherwise?  Good freaking luck.  I have so much hate for Arthropod among other levels

Tales of Xillia goes on precisely one chapter too long for my tastes.  I just completed part 3 and there's a whole nother quarter of the game to go.  But I'm just kind of getting tired of it at this point, y'know?  Like it was fun but by this point the six playable characters aren't exactly doing a great job holding my interest anymore.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
If you are playing GTA Online, then you MUST sign this petition. I already lost over half of my money thanks to griefing arseholes. Hell, if you get close to someone online, that person automatically wants you dead for GOD knows what reason, and everytime you die, if you have more than 10k$ with you, then you lose 2000$ everytime you die.
Hell, griefing in this game wouldn't even be an issue if it wasn't for this!

Cheez8

• Derp Imminent
I've been playing Crystal Towers 2 a whole lot recently. (Have you heard of it? I hope so. It's so good.) After clearing a whole bunch of extra worlds and challenges, buffing myself up for a while, and fighting a couple extra bosses, I finally went and beat the final boss... and finished the game with a resounding 52% completion rate. This game just doesn't end, and I love it.
Someday, I'll have a clue what I'm doing.