Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 466887 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #720 on: December 09, 2017, 07:52:10 PM »
just registered to say thanks to the people working on translating the LOT series.

if not for you I and many people like myself wouldn't be able to play these great (and sadly, very obscure) games

Really grateful for your work guys. I wish you happy upcoming holidays!

« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2017, 01:31:16 AM »
Great, so the wordwrapping doesn't work at all with any kind of % substitution. Time to just replace that with "percent".

I just saw the effect message when fighting the wood copy on 25th floor says you recover 25hp per turn. I assume it's supposed to be 25%? The fire blessing message also is a bit messed up and says "50-hance".

Oracle's world-linking intuition skill description ends abruptly

Murakumo has an untranslated line after the final battle. Looking at the word documents with all the lines it's at 00CD5550
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:04:05 AM by Phen »

« Reply #722 on: January 08, 2018, 10:21:17 PM »
This is a dumb question but how exactly do I install the patch?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #723 on: January 10, 2018, 08:04:26 PM »
Not st my computer so I csnt be specific but Im pretty sure it was just a case of replacing the exes (backup the old files for patching purposes) and the document files in their respective folder (I think they were all stuffed in one folder).

If its not working chances are youre not up to date as the same version as the patch.

« Reply #724 on: February 03, 2018, 05:05:00 AM »
oh big thanks for the patch, finally can play the plus disk.
btw is this skill two max skill level supposed to be really 9?

« Reply #725 on: February 03, 2018, 05:19:48 AM »
A few characters got higher max skill levels in the Plus Disc as a balance change. Sanae and Youmu have max levels of 9 on their offensive skills and Alice, Mystia and a few others I can't remember get max levels of 7 on theirs.  Its only the offensive skills, unforunately, so no level 9 Miracle Fruit.

« Reply #726 on: February 04, 2018, 01:26:46 AM »
I can't seem to find the data folder for the plus patch. When I download the plus patch there is no data folder in the rar folder.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 02:02:48 AM by BlackLiquidSorrow »

« Reply #727 on: February 04, 2018, 03:14:29 AM »
You only have to use the included exe file, nothing else matters as it doesn't contain translated images yet. Or are you talking about the plus disc version patch? If theres no data folder, it probably just wants you to place it into the folder directly anyway

« Reply #728 on: February 06, 2018, 07:08:57 PM »
hmmm played and no bugs so far from start of plus disk into finishing yamato-no-orochi
maybe just some bits forgotten like this

« Reply #729 on: February 07, 2018, 11:53:28 AM »
First of all thank you all for your contribution to this translation project. However I have a question regarding the text going off screen. Is it just me or is there a way to fix it?
Thank you.

« Reply #730 on: February 07, 2018, 09:38:46 PM »
I'm not working on this game, but I'm quite used to translation patches, so I think I can guess the answer.
The texts don't go to a new line automatically, translators have to explicitly tell to the game where it should go to a new line. And sometimes, there are a few fails like that. I think the best you can do is tell to the team exactly which texts have this problem, with as many details as possible (for example, if it was about Touhou 16, you could say "in Reimu's scenario, stage 2, when Reimu says "Uh, well, ahem. I work as the shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine.", the text is cut at "of").

« Reply #731 on: February 08, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »
thank you for your reply bliriron, however it seems like that its not just a single dialogue's text that goes off screen. nearly every single one of the texts goes off screen, not just the dialogue ones. I took a screenshot of the same picture like the one from few comments above so you can get a better idea.

« Reply #732 on: February 09, 2018, 05:51:28 AM »
Running the game in japanese locale (theres tools for that so you don't have to change your computers region) fixes most of it, I don't remember why it did (I think because it uses a different font without japanese locale) that but when the final version of the patch comes out, one of the translators said he will fix it. Given how long it's been and that the full game might never even be released, I wouldn't expect it.

« Reply #733 on: February 09, 2018, 06:44:46 AM »
alright thanks for the help!

« Reply #734 on: May 20, 2018, 01:14:48 AM »
Running the game in japanese locale (theres tools for that so you don't have to change your computers region) fixes most of it, I don't remember why it did (I think because it uses a different font without japanese locale) that but when the final version of the patch comes out, one of the translators said he will fix it. Given how long it's been and that the full game might never even be released, I wouldn't expect it.

Well, it looks like the full game might actually be released, so... is it okay to necro this if somebody is still willing to work on this?^^

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #735 on: May 20, 2018, 04:52:04 AM »
It's still not the final version, but it seems that everything is now in the game apart from a chunk of the infinite corridor. (God only knows how far it currently extends, it'll take awhile for people to plumb those depths)

So, there's a good hunk of new dialogue, enemies, and enemy skills.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #736 on: May 20, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
It's still not the final version, but it seems that everything is now in the game apart from a chunk of the infinite corridor. (God only knows how far it currently extends, it'll take awhile for people to plumb those depths)

So, there's a good hunk of new dialogue, enemies, and enemy skills.

True, but if for the moment we could get a partial translation, with at least the interface fully translated (menu, abilities, items, etc), it would be awesome. Think it could be done relatively easily on the grounds of the translated patch we currently have?

« Reply #737 on: May 20, 2018, 03:04:33 PM »
Hello I am not dead (mostly).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gy_k4dgrPVLffSsDg7r9BCHQIF3Full8

Updated translation files and the .exe to use the new addresses for the 1.104 patch

One of the patchnotes was (courtesy of Libra) was: Fixed some typographical errors and equipment/skill description that were wrong.
Which broke a number of lines. The affected lines are found in text_missed.txt. All of these will be untranslated in the game and are missing from the appropriate file. A lot of these seem easy, like "You receive 2,000,000 money as your reward.", however I don't want to make any changes on my own since I don't know what might have changed. In some cases I'm sure the translation doesn't need to be fixed, but I leave this work to people who can actually read.

Obviously anything new is untranslated as well. There's also text_missed_2103.txt, which is stuff I marked as missing earlier and cannot remember if it was actually taken care of or not.

img4.dxa has new images, but that will have to wait until I can get my extraction tool working again. Not that we have a confirmed image editor anyway (anyone wanna volunteer?)

EDIT:

Okay, got it. 3peso upgraded dxlib to version 6, but only for img4 (and bgm4, but whatever). Fortunately, I already tried to get that to work with that super mario RPG game, so I was able to get everything. Sadly, none of the files here are compressed, which was my issue with that SMRPG fangame, so I can't tell if I was having a dxlib issue or a WolfRPG issue.

Here's the contents. I only removed the "spell" folder, since I recall people wanting to look at enemy portraits to help identify them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C0VqSuFPrYf8_n8lPvlKB5D9OE8I12NQ

Also, wow, Rance is in the game now.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:50:56 PM by qazmlpok »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #738 on: May 20, 2018, 06:20:42 PM »
Also, wow, Rance is in the game now.

And he's fighting with Adol.

EDIT: does Rance 01 (the 2013 remake) have any translations? A couple of skills come from there but I can't find any English names for it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:38:16 PM by RegalStar »

« Reply #739 on: May 21, 2018, 01:31:55 AM »
I put this down a loooong time ago to wait for updates, then forgot about it entirely- never even beat the main game.  This caught my eye, so I now have a question.  In the last update I had, the home screen menus had edited graphics to translate the actual text on the banners, not just translated descriptions of what they are.  Reinstalling everything and updating to the new release and the matching patch update, I notice they are now only display the descriptions in English.  Is that right or have I broken something?  Screenshot attached for reference.

https://i.imgur.com/1wP9jpN.png

« Reply #740 on: May 21, 2018, 01:50:00 AM »
And he's fighting with Adol.

EDIT: does Rance 01 (the 2013 remake) have any translations? A couple of skills come from there but I can't find any English names for it.

I think that's Arios, although Arios is based on Adol.

No, Rance 01 doesn't have any translations. But there's a decent chance skills there would be used in other games, including Rance I. Failing that there's people I can ask, including someone who works for Mangagamer. What is the Japanese text for those?

I put this down a loooong time ago to wait for updates, then forgot about it entirely- never even beat the main game.  This caught my eye, so I now have a question.  In the last update I had, the home screen menus had edited graphics to translate the actual text on the banners, not just translated descriptions of what they are.  Reinstalling everything and updating to the new release and the matching patch update, I notice they are now only display the descriptions in English.  Is that right or have I broken something?  Screenshot attached for reference.

https://i.imgur.com/1wP9jpN.png

I think 3peso added a new menu item there, or otherwise changed the graphic file for the menu. This broke the translation, and it's never been fixed.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #741 on: May 21, 2018, 02:26:02 AM »

No, Rance 01 doesn't have any translations. But there's a decent chance skills there would be used in other games, including Rance I. Failing that there's people I can ask, including someone who works for Mangagamer. What is the Japanese text for those?

It's definitely Adol. The attacks used are all based on various things in Oath of Falghana.

Anyways, the attacks used here are 粘り腰 and 一発屋. I played through Rance I a long time ago and I don't remember getting skill early on (other than magic from Sill), but I don't really know that series so I might be wrong.

IRUN

• Sin Sack
« Reply #742 on: May 21, 2018, 02:47:25 AM »
30F is very intimidating.  :(

Also, this message popped up:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:00:24 AM by IRUN »
I walk one step, and I?m visiting a shrine
I continue two steps, and I?m spirited away
I tread three steps, and I?m playing god
I arrive with four steps, and ****

« Reply #743 on: May 21, 2018, 07:30:20 AM »

I think 3peso added a new menu item there, or otherwise changed the graphic file for the menu. This broke the translation, and it's never been fixed.

Thanks, just making sure. 

Nah it doesn't look like Arios, the design of the armor is way off compared to anything Arios has been depicted in.  It looks more like Adol's Ys SEVEN armor with the big scarf and belt. The belt he has in SEVEN is definitely there.

« Reply #744 on: May 22, 2018, 01:54:04 AM »
Anyways, the attacks used here are 粘り腰 and 一発屋. I played through Rance I a long time ago and I don't remember getting skill early on (other than magic from Sill), but I don't really know that series so I might be wrong.

I asked but he didn't know offhand. He'll probably get back to me with something.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #745 on: May 22, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »
I picked out what Japanese lines I could find that isn't story dialogue and translated them here: http://puu.sh/Ar2qk/578156186c.txt. Of the stuff I haven't translated there's an achievement title (サイヤ剣) and some item descriptions.

« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2018, 01:47:50 AM »
Updated files.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=130Y2Bu26Bk_Kpd7TCWjrVJhcAVGTyBBS

I removed the old version for these two lines:

00F76ED0: Enhances [Pharmacist's Poison Mixing]. The additional inflicted SIL when
00FA33A8: by Dragon Priests right after. Raises Smithing and Alchemy considerably.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #747 on: May 27, 2018, 07:45:49 AM »
you say you aren't dead but I find your update punctuality to be very satisfactory, thank you very much once again.

« Reply #748 on: May 28, 2018, 05:33:12 AM »
Got stuck in floor 28, cant move from this spot. Any idea to how to move from this spot?
https://imgur.com/a/4Qu19m8
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:40:00 AM by coldzero »

« Reply #749 on: May 29, 2018, 08:58:55 AM »
I know I'm being late here and I'm probably saying something obvious, but yeah. 1.104 includes an updated img2.dxa so that's most definitely why the banners and such are broken now.
Hopefully someone will eventually find what exactly changed in that file with this patch.