Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 467009 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2017, 11:39:14 PM »
Sweeeeet. I was thinking about going ahead and playing since there hadn't been an update from the translation -or- 3peso in a long time, but if it's still in progress, I'll keep waitin'. <3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #691 on: October 13, 2017, 04:42:50 PM »
Sweeeeet. I was thinking about going ahead and playing since there hadn't been an update from the translation -or- 3peso in a long time, but if it's still in progress, I'll keep waitin'. <3

if your interested, i'll finally be releasing my mod for labyrinth 1 soon... it's nothing super crazy, but just enhances the experience in a bunch of different ways...
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #692 on: October 14, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »
Which translation i should be using for now? i scrolled some pages back and got the one posted the last page,which translates the skills and floor levels (I believe?) will that suffice to enjoy the content?

Any patches that i missed in these months?  :V

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #693 on: October 14, 2017, 10:35:21 PM »
Which translation i should be using for now? i scrolled some pages back and got the one posted the last page,which translates the skills and floor levels (I believe?) will that suffice to enjoy the content?

Any patches that i missed in these months?  :V

from what im aware, the patch is just inclused that, and everything the base games patch had, so there should be story translated untill 20F...

if im wrong someone correct me.

but hey, i'd also love to have someone post with "this is the latest definitive patch, enjoy"

« Reply #694 on: October 14, 2017, 10:36:40 PM »
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15439.msg1354086.html#msg1354086

This is my latest post, so I guess use that one. I don't remember what all's in it.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #695 on: October 15, 2017, 08:12:54 PM »
Who do i talk to, to help get involved in this?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #696 on: October 16, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
Apparently, the English Patch causes an in-game crash when interacting with purple keys in the Infinite Corridor. There's also a crash with a couple of snake-like bosses on 26f once they take a turn, so presumably there's something wrong with a move name or it's address? I haven't personally played this far so I don't know more details, but more than one person's reported it in the gameplay thread, and one confirmed they don't crash in japanese.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #697 on: October 16, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »
Apparently, the English Patch causes an in-game crash when interacting with purple keys in the Infinite Corridor. There's also a crash with a couple of snake-like bosses on 26f once they take a turn, so presumably there's something wrong with a move name or it's address? I haven't personally played this far so I don't know more details, but more than one person's reported it in the gameplay thread, and one confirmed they don't crash in japanese.

I don't think there's anything I can do without the Japanese text surrounding that event. I'm honestly not playing at all (waiting for translations myself).

I did notice issues with the degree sign on the fire floors; maybe there's another unicode-type issue involved.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #698 on: October 17, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
17F page 2 posted screenshots of the errors.

« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2017, 11:44:02 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/hfi87tp.png

Okay is this something I did (I'm running the game through a debugger), or does this show up for everyone?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed that. It's sadly unrelated.

The issue is with "00C56354: There's something on the floor...". It's crashing because it has an odd number of characters. I know dialog displays oddly if a line has an odd number of characters, but this is the first time I've seen a crash. No idea what's special about that line.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:17:53 AM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »
Another report:
Spoiler:
Hollow Yamata-no-Orochi, the final boss on B10F
also crashes upon taking its first action with English patch.

Also yeah qazmlpok it shows me the same way as in your screenshot, but it's not a major problem as it works just fine. I think the crashing issue with the Purple Key and the various bosses (on 25F and on B10F) are more annoying^^

« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2017, 10:32:43 PM »
Another report:
Spoiler:
Hollow Yamata-no-Orochi, the final boss on B10F
also crashes upon taking its first action with English patch.

Again, I'm not playing the game yet, so I have no idea where that is or what this text might be. If it's the exact same issue I can fix it, but I'm sick so it'll have to wait.

I think the crashing issue with the Purple Key and the various bosses (on 25F and on B10F) are more annoying^^

Small bugs hide big ones. If you see something blatantly wrong like that, please report it.

(With the exception of text overflowing. That comes later)

« Reply #702 on: October 29, 2017, 01:12:41 PM »
Attached is the latest updated files. Updates include:

-Dialogue is done up to 23F (and down to B5F). Random tidbit: the dialogue when fighting the base game's final boss has actually been modified a fair bit to cater for the plus disk story.
-Incorporated changes from posts in this topic
-Several fixes for untranslated text or overflows or not doing double %s to show percentage signs in-game
-Added space(?) needed to fix the purple key bug in the Infinity Corridor

I also found an additional bug in the Infinity Corridor - Fighting the first shadow boss on 10F brings up this error message: https://i.imgur.com/rzWkyu6.png

Since that specific line is also an odd number of characters, I added an extra space at the end. I guess this will probably fix it? (I've also included my save game in the archive file which needs going through just one more floor of the Infinity Corridor to get to the 10F boss for testing purposes)

Qaz: Able to provide an updated exe with the above files? I'd prefer to do boss fights and the Infinity Corridor with the patch to ensure all the stuff is translated.

For everyone else reporting crash bugs: try to provide a save file of it if you can as well. That'd make it a lot easier to at least identify which strings are (/may be) causing the crashes.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:15:57 PM by Deranged »

« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2017, 04:47:55 PM »
Random tidbit: the dialogue when fighting the base game's final boss has actually been modified a fair bit to cater for the plus disk story.

Ah, that explains why it was re-untranslated when I applied the patch. I think that there are a few other places where the dialogue was modified:

-Some of Keine's dialogue in the opening sequence.
-Some of Byakuren's dialogue on 9F?
-And probably some of the 12F dialogue for defeating Tenshi, although I can't remember it as clearly.

« Reply #704 on: October 29, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »
Conflicts between SystemMessages and menus:
00C56338: Obtained Infinite Key!
removed from sys; menus had quotes around the name.

00C55C3C: Obtained %d 7-Star Remnant(s)!
00C55C3C: Obtained 7-Star Remnant x%d!
00C55BE8: Obtained %d 7-Star Amulet(s)!
00C55BE8: Obtained 7-Star Amulet x%d!

I like the first one better for those.

rocks.txt has 00C543F8 twice:
00C543F8: A large rock blocks the pass. "The road opens for those @who have defeated all 4 mysterious bosses" is engraved@on it.
00C543F8: A large rock blocks the pass. "The path opens only to @those who defeated all 4 Enigmatic Formidable Enemies"@is engraved on it.

I went with the 2nd one.

8F and PostGame.txt:
00C8F690: ...The hell?
00C8F690: ...What was that?

...I'm just gonna go with the latter.

Conflict found in trans_2103\Story\plusdisk_B1F.txt on address 00CB3188 already declared in: trans_2103\Menus\SystemMessages.txt
Conflict found in trans_2103\Story\plusdisk_B2F.txt on address 00CB821C already declared in: trans_2103\Menus\SystemMessages.txt
00CB3188: Obtained Special Item "%s" x3!
00CB3188: Received Special Item "%s" x3!
(Same deal with B2F)
I'm going with Obtained.

Address 0104BF01 from trans_2103\Story\plusdisk_B3F.txt not found in strdump source file!
0104BF01: That was sudden. What's up?

Looks like this was originally: 00C7B8DC: That was sudden. What's up?
I'm not sure why my dialogue script reported a different address. Probably because it got moved during translation.

I replaced 162 occurances of full-width space with regular space in items.txt. I don't know if it's because I switched to notepad++ recently, but it was causing problems.

Unrelated,
00CC2364: Kokoro Hata joined the party!
Shouldn't that be "Hata no Kokoro"? That's how I've always seen it rendered.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/040z0feuctz07l0/Labyrinth2%20v2103%20text%20files%20and%20exe%2010-29-2017.rar?dl=0
Updated files and the new exe.
-Several fixes for untranslated text or overflows or not doing double %s to show percentage signs in-game
-Added space(?) needed to fix the purple key bug in the Infinity Corridor

Don't worry about those. I can fix the spaces myself with a script that automatically detects and fixes them. The detection of % is a bit harder, since if the string doesn't use any %d etc at all, then you do just want a single %. I need to tweak it a little but I should be able to fix those myself.

« Reply #705 on: October 30, 2017, 05:16:53 PM »
Thanks. I can confirm this exe doesn't crash when picking up Infinity Keys or at Infinity Corridor bosses now.

Unrelated,
00CC2364: Kokoro Hata joined the party!
Shouldn't that be "Hata no Kokoro"? That's how I've always seen it rendered.

Your remark actually made me look back at how this was previously handled, and apparently Mokou kept her "no" and Japanese name order throughout the whole of the base game. I've went ahead and redid all those who fall under the same net (Kokoro, Akyuu, Miko, Futo) to continue the convention.

« Reply #706 on: November 01, 2017, 12:48:12 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/9qF8T0h.png

Oops. I didn't think % did anything in dialogue files.

Gotta change that to %%. And now I need to update my dialogue check script to account for %%

00CB1F70: "egt the point"

00CB20D0 - the following line makes me think this is supposed to be more like "So was that fake Kasen's ghost?" or something. "a ghost" wouldn't imply Kasen was dead.

00CB1978: it's possessive. Lover's quarrel. Or lovers'. Both seem to work; it just depends on whether or not you consider a pair of lovers plural or not.

00CB3A28: So it's now just Ibaraki and Suika who I get to fight?   - should be "not"

00CB423C: Take a look at this mega-thick book. It's really build@to last.   "Built"

I should really see if I can set up some kind of public source control for this so I don't need to worry about changing the same files as you...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:21:18 PM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #707 on: November 08, 2017, 12:22:08 PM »
Honestly grateful you guys are doing this. Looking forward to completion, however long it takes!  :3

« Reply #708 on: December 03, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
So... any update on this? It would be nice to be able to experience what is left of the PD game in English^^

« Reply #709 on: December 05, 2017, 03:07:58 PM »
Attached is the latest update. This should be more or less everything translated in the game, with some possible exceptions.

A few things that still need to be done:

1. Go through the base game again to check if there are any lines that were changed (besides the final battle), and thus reverted to Japanese in the patch.
2. Go through the plus disk story again and check for wordwrapping and typo issues.
3. Confirm if some stuff like the later-page items and some of the more grindy achievements are wordwrapped properly. (If anyone can provide a save file with all of the unlockable ones available now, that'd help a lot!)
4. Image editing. There should be several new images to do, most of them related to the Infinity Corridor.
5. Confirm that the final non-looping floors of the Infinity Corridor have no unique dialogue. (There didn't seem to be any up to 40f or so...)

Qaz, able to do another exe based on the files in this archive, then do another string and dialogue dump of the patched exe? Those dumps may help in making sure that there aren't any stray untranslated strings. If you can put the new images somewhere (and haven't gotten canon to do them yet), I can try my hand at them again as well.

« Reply #710 on: December 06, 2017, 03:17:35 AM »
ERROR: Duplicate address detected in string dump trans_2103\Skills\enemyAttacks.txt.
00CE9E7C: Crimson Fang
00CE9E7C: Crimson Lotus Fang

Conflict found in trans_2103\Story\7F.txt on address 00C72724 already declared in: trans_2103\Story\3F.txt
Conflict found in trans_2103\Story\7F.txt on address 00C7271C already declared in: trans_2103\Story\3F.txt
Conflict found in trans_2103\Story\plusdisk_gensokyo_dialogue.txt on address 00C5A874 already declared in: trans_2103\Story\1F.txt

00C72724: I?
00C72724: Yee?
It looks like it's the same joke in both(?) places, just translated differently.

00C5A874: ............
00C5A874: ......

I went with the first one. This is used a ton (unsurprisingly)

I'll make a new exe when I get confirmation on that first one. I've made a number of changes from other stuff I found while playing (current status: stuck at Futo. Maybe I should try again...)

I made a tab on the spreadsheet for all these. There's two more I wasn't able to fix myself: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vR20aEpXUYtEfoz12Vure-TBsuMWCOiINFXXNtmRABU/edit#gid=541815088
Everything above the solid black line is done.

Here's the images from img3. I had already filtered out the images without text so I think I uploaded this already, but I have no idea when. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8rwloply5945qd/LabyrinthOfTouhou2_PLUSDISK_transneeded_img3.rar?dl=0

I have not spoken to canon about this. He certainly does owe me a favor, at least. I'll try asking him on twitter when I get these translations. Failing that maybe I'll try IRC.

(unless anyone else on here would like to volunteer?)

« Reply #711 on: December 06, 2017, 02:17:44 PM »
00CE9E7C: Crimson Lotus Fang
00C72724: Yee?
00C7271C: Ooh.

00C7271C had to change since it was used in other conversations where a "U." wouldn't make sense. I changed the rest of the lines that went with it in that particular conversation, (and sounding off the letters still works for the original joke anyway) but apparently I didn't catch all of them.

I've also added my comments to the spreadsheet for the ones which aren't obvious typo/grammar brainfarts.

« Reply #713 on: December 07, 2017, 09:45:05 AM »
Attached is the latest update. This should be more or less everything translated in the game, with some possible exceptions.

A few things that still need to be done:

1. Go through the base game again to check if there are any lines that were changed (besides the final battle), and thus reverted to Japanese in the patch.
2. Go through the plus disk story again and check for wordwrapping and typo issues.
3. Confirm if some stuff like the later-page items and some of the more grindy achievements are wordwrapped properly. (If anyone can provide a save file with all of the unlockable ones available now, that'd help a lot!)
4. Image editing. There should be several new images to do, most of them related to the Infinity Corridor.
5. Confirm that the final non-looping floors of the Infinity Corridor have no unique dialogue. (There didn't seem to be any up to 40f or so...)

Qaz, able to do another exe based on the files in this archive, then do another string and dialogue dump of the patched exe? Those dumps may help in making sure that there aren't any stray untranslated strings. If you can put the new images somewhere (and haven't gotten canon to do them yet), I can try my hand at them again as well.
I'm starting a playthrough on the EXE just posted.  I don't have a huge amount of free time to play but I'll try and grab screenshots of issues (and edit them into this post).

Edit: I decided to upload them to an imgur album.  https://imgur.com/a/L4jlb should work.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:39:05 PM by Eilaris »

« Reply #714 on: December 07, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
I just started playing on the new exe, but the first event I met on 24F (I think it's one of the five elements quest) is still untranslated. Are you sure the new exe actually translated everything from 23F onwards?

« Reply #715 on: December 07, 2017, 01:33:35 PM »
I just started playing on the new exe, but the first event I met on 24F (I think it's one of the five elements quest) is still untranslated. Are you sure the new exe actually translated everything from 23F onwards?

Oops.

00C6A558: <Keine> 正直、こんな時に何をするか分からない妖怪が里に来て@里に更に混乱のタネが増えるのは勘弁してほしいんだが。
00C57970: <Keine> 里の人間達は得体の知れない大樹に怯えはじめているし、@コレだけ大きく日の光に陰を作られると、@いずれ里に居ついている妖怪の心に良くない作用が起きるだろう。@植物の生育にも悪い。

The two lines Eilaris found. Not sure what happened here.

00C53608
00C57970
00C6A558
00CA0FF8
00CB3830
01074BFC
All of these are showing as untranslated.

also 00C71EB4 has a sjis ellipses in it that will probably cause problems.

Here's the dump. I also filled in some more character names. Although I was kinda guessing on some of them. Particularly the end bosses.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk4zua5chtl9nvq/dialogue_dump_12072017.txt?dl=0

Updated exe and txt files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rej7zpcl961e2iy/Labyrinth2%20v2103%20text%20files%20and%20exe%2012-06-2017.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 04:19:52 AM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #716 on: December 08, 2017, 03:09:49 AM »
Oops.

00C6A558: <Keine> 正直、こんな時に何をするか分からない妖怪が里に来て@里に更に混乱のタネが増えるのは勘弁してほしいんだが。
00C57970: <Keine> 里の人間達は得体の知れない大樹に怯えはじめているし、@コレだけ大きく日の光に陰を作られると、@いずれ里に居ついている妖怪の心に良くない作用が起きるだろう。@植物の生育にも悪い。

The two lines Eilaris found. Not sure what happened here.

3peso's readme for the last update mentioned some typo fixes.  It's likely that?

Edit: Yep, that's exactly it.  I just fired up the untranslated 1.203 game (pre-Plus Disk), and there's a one character difference in Keine's line:

Plus Disk 1.103 - 00C57970: <Keine> 里の人間達は得体の知れない大樹に怯えはじめているし、@コレだけ大きく日の光に陰を作られると、@いずれ里に居ついている妖怪の心に良くない作用が起きるだろう。@植物の生育にも悪い。
Original 1.203 - 00C57970: <Keine> 里の人間達は得体の知れない大樹に怯えはじめているし、@コレだけ大きく日の光に陰を作られると、@いずれ里に居ついている妖怪の心に良くない作用が起きるだろう。@植物の生育にも悪い。
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:28:41 AM by Eilaris »

« Reply #717 on: December 08, 2017, 05:10:39 AM »
Plus achievement 31 "Commando" says it gives a spartan tome - sense but it actually gives a spartan tome - energy

One of Reimu's lines before the first boss in the b1f isn't line broken properly "Just to be 100% sure... Kasen, this isn't one of your @new" and then it goes outside the box. It does have a second line of "we don't know about?"

« Reply #718 on: December 08, 2017, 01:08:01 PM »
One of Reimu's lines before the first boss in the b1f isn't line broken properly "Just to be 100% sure... Kasen, this isn't one of your @new" and then it goes outside the box. It does have a second line of "we don't know about?"

Great, so the wordwrapping doesn't work at all with any kind of % substitution. Time to just replace that with "percent".

« Reply #719 on: December 09, 2017, 10:45:15 AM »
Playing some more tonight, so if I spot anything I'll be adding more images to the imgur album I linked a few posts ago, just as a heads up.