Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 467074 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #660 on: April 26, 2017, 01:32:28 PM »
I know a new patch changes all the text addresses in game for the text or whatever? The text is still translated but has to be all re-inserted or something.

Originally it was just because "well he's releasing a giant patch within a few weeks" but admittedly at this point who even knows. At this point my hype's run down enough (I can't keep it going after 4 months, come on) so I'm just forgetting about it 'til it's done. :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #661 on: April 26, 2017, 03:29:25 PM »
I know a new patch changes all the text addresses in game for the text or whatever? The text is still translated but has to be all re-inserted or something.

Originally it was just because "well he's releasing a giant patch within a few weeks" but admittedly at this point who even knows. At this point my hype's run down enough (I can't keep it going after 4 months, come on) so I'm just forgetting about it 'til it's done. :V

Yeah I can understand the disappointment, but there is still plenty of content to enjoy, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would absolutely love to play PD as it is, even if incomplete. Which is why, as long as there's not too much work to "redo" when a new patch comes up, I'm pleading whoever among you can translate this game to do it - I understand the reasonableness of saying "we can wait the giant patch and then do it all in one run", but at this point we don't even know if that giant patch will come or not!

« Reply #662 on: April 28, 2017, 12:54:16 AM »
Read up like 4 posts. the question and answer was less than a month ago. It's true that a lot of content is available and untranslated, but they'll have to redo it all over again (probably) after a patch. Given they aren't getting paid to do it, it's understandable they don't want to at this point.

I feel your pain though, I'm refreshing every day =P

Yeah it's really not nearly as bad as you make it sound. I have a tool that automates the majority of it.

I'm just lazy and don't remember exactly how to use it.

I said I'd like to wait a month, expecting a flurry of patches where 3peso realizes that tons of shit is broken/missing and he needs to fix it. Obviously, that hasn't happened.

Anyway, there are a handful of things that can't be copied over, but I don't think we ever started on those at all. Some things I did for LoT1 required hacking in assembly or other stuff, and that can't be automated at all. It's also possible some of the Japanese text will change, which my tool absolutely cannot detect (example: some skill descriptions are bugged and list the wrong element. If 3peso fixes those, my tool won't be able to grab it). It's still not really re-translating it, but it is more administrative work, which I'd like to avoid.

In any event, I can't do anything without translations. I did post some updated scripts for the plus-disk, but I have no idea if that was for the latest version or not (has he released any patches? I can't remember). If deranged tells me he wants to start translating right away I can get the updated files out, but there really isn't a whole lot I can do without him.

« Reply #663 on: May 11, 2017, 03:33:35 PM »
Oops. I did kinda forget about this.

I suppose there's not been any signs of life from 3peso? Version 1.103 was apparently released on 17th Jan this year, and there's been no news since. I guess now's as good as any a time to start work.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #664 on: May 11, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
The last tweet he made was "何の調整も上手くいかねえええええええええええええ", which... can be sort of read to imply that he's working on something? Though that was March 23.

« Reply #665 on: May 12, 2017, 01:36:30 AM »
so I do need to update the files again. Will do it tomorrow.

I think the list of dropped translations can be fixed up, at least. Those probably aren't going to change again.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #666 on: May 12, 2017, 07:39:45 AM »
If menial brainless parsing work will help speed things up count me in for some of it.

« Reply #667 on: May 12, 2017, 11:21:36 PM »
Translation files and string dump:
* LoT2-transl_2103.zip (5447.56 kB - downloaded 197 times.)

Pastebin of all the text that couldn't be found from the last version (trans_1203).
https://pastebin.com/y2bQ7xLD

I pretty much ignored the earlier 1202' version I did.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:56:10 AM by Tom »

« Reply #668 on: May 30, 2017, 01:58:37 PM »
For the record, I have been working on this... though I'm juggling work and other projects at the same time, heh.

Attached is a text file with what should be all the plus disk achievements, edited to ensure they don't overflow off the screen (I hope). All the references I could find are in the spreadsheet as usual, as well as some discourse on changing some older item names.

There are spoilers for what I assume are bosses that aren't in the game yet, so you may not want to read it if you care about that stuff.

« Reply #669 on: June 05, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »
Sorry for my impatience even though I haven't contributed anything, however may I ask that is it normal for my plusdisk launcher's text when a character is talking or in some menus to be out of the screen? when I use the normal labyrinth of touhou 2 launcher it seems to be fine. I would really like to use the plusdisk launcher since it's less pixelated when I enlarge the launcher.
And is there a guide to install plusdisk? Just in case I messed something up.
Thankies! :) and keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:36:17 PM by Xenyan »

« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2017, 09:10:04 AM »
A few queries before I finish off the items list...

1. For those who have played the iOS version of Shin Megami Tensei, do they call the item 神経弾 as "Nerve Shells" or "Nerve Bullets"? The SNES fan translation patch seems to use the latter, but I'm not too sure about the iOS version.

2. For those who have played the Widenyo fan translation patch, what was 機々械々translated as? It's an enemy which, as far as I can tell, looks like a floating red hexagon which generally drops rare items, in this case the Golden Tokugawa Statue. I believe it appeared in Rance Quest/Magnum as well: http://blog-imgs-53.fc2.com/r/u/t/rutikakkonise/20121125142147613.jpg

« Reply #671 on: June 26, 2017, 01:30:10 AM »
2) Pocky Rock

I assume that's the Quest name. I don't think I'm far enough in Widenyo to see anything like that.

« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »
2) Pocky Rock

I assume that's the Quest name. I don't think I'm far enough in Widenyo to see anything like that.

Thanks.

For the first one, guess I'll just leave it as is until someone is able to find out.

Attached is everyone's favorite reference-laden item list - main equips, sub equips and materials are all done, and should be formatted for space as well. I've also switched to using slashes instead of ampersands to indicate multiple stat boosts of the same percentage (e.g. "ATK/MAG +50%" instead of "ATK & MAG +50%" to save on space - some items probably need this change to prevent overflowing off the screen. I've applied the change retroactively to the old items list as well.

Things might go a little quicker now that I don't have to spend 30+ minutes researching the origins of each item...

« Reply #673 on: June 30, 2017, 01:14:17 AM »
00C3DAD8

Changing "Dark Lord" to "Fiend" and "Demon King" to "Archfiend". That's what's being used in the official translation.

Same with 00C426E8

00C45600: Burst Laser Mark II
is the proper style

Re-attaching the file with my small changes.

(Also I'm pretty sure Gou is the one that equips the Button of Undying, not Rouga. Is that what it says in the original?)

« Reply #674 on: June 30, 2017, 12:00:38 PM »
(Also I'm pretty sure Gou is the one that equips the Button of Undying, not Rouga. Is that what it says in the original?)

Yeah. Gou doesn't equip it - he doesn't need it to be as strong as he is at the last few battles of the game (as long as he's not pouring his power into the button anyway).

The reference is that since you only get it at the end of the game and after the last window for equipping items, it technically doesn't exist in an equipable sense in a normal game - but if you hack it in to your item list, supposedly only Rouga can equip it and it gives utterly insane stats (Grants effectiveness against all types, HP+100, Stamina+3, ATK+50, HIT+50, EVA+50, 99% counter rate and removes weaknesses).

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #675 on: July 01, 2017, 04:23:18 AM »
00C50394: Klosis <- It's Krosis.

00C50348: The mask work by the Dragon Priest found in Shearpoint. Many have felt the <- Should be worn

00C502E0: despair from finishing a rough battle against dragons, then being ambushed <- probably should be "a dragon"; IIRC it only throws one dragon at you, like most of the game does

00C4FD38: that you overcome your role and become a main character. Cringey always. <- Cringey as always?

00C40990: DEF +144%, HP/ATK/MAG/MND * SPD +100% <- No idea what happened here
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:31:28 AM by RegalStar »

« Reply #676 on: July 02, 2017, 02:39:33 PM »
00C50394: Klosis <- It's Krosis.

00C50348: The mask work by the Dragon Priest found in Shearpoint. Many have felt the <- Should be worn

00C502E0: despair from finishing a rough battle against dragons, then being ambushed <- probably should be "a dragon"; IIRC it only throws one dragon at you, like most of the game does

00C4FD38: that you overcome your role and become a main character. Cringey always. <- Cringey as always?

00C40990: DEF +144%, HP/ATK/MAG/MND * SPD +100% <- No idea what happened here

Thanks, did the fixes. I'll keep hold of the file for now in case I discover other changes needed while doing the other stuff.

For that last one, it's what happens when you typo * instead of &, then later do a mass replacement of " & " with "/".

Meanwhile, special items done. Way more of them this time around thanks to the Infinite Corridor...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #677 on: July 03, 2017, 05:24:04 AM »
I hope next patch when it comes doesn't inconvenience your guys' work. Thanks for taking the risk though!

« Reply #678 on: July 04, 2017, 11:52:22 PM »
At this point, it'd be more correct to say "I hope next patch comes", I'm afraid... keep up the good work guys, though! Don't let 3peso's disappearance discourage you :-)

Nefer007

• Nefer007, Shinto God of Insects, Doctorate in Referralology
« Reply #679 on: July 06, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »
So, how much of the Plus Disk have got translated? Is it fully translated for its current version?
Looking for Desunoya music! Help me obtain these ill-gotten goods!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #680 on: July 06, 2017, 09:44:09 PM »
Deranged is still working on it, as seen in the last few posts. There is no Plus Disk english patch yet, except maybe one that only covers the non-plus content.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #681 on: July 22, 2017, 02:34:24 PM »
Attached is the latest update. Basically everything is translated and linebreaked (...I hope) except for the Plus Disk story dialogue and probably some system messages, and whatever else I missed.

I merged all the stuff from plusdisk_items, plusdisk_special_items and new_achievements into the "main" text files, so there's no need to keep those three text files around.

Qaz, are you able to do an exe based on the files here? I'm guessing there may be duplicate lines though.

And for anyone else who happened to already have progressed far into the plus disk, do you mind sharing (via PM or here) your save so that I can check on descriptions and etc to make sure they don't overflow?

« Reply #682 on: July 22, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
00C55A48: You will obtain %s in exchange for %d Seven Star Remnants.

The %s and %d were swapped. Apparently, visual studio only lets you specify the position if you use a special function, so I don't think it's possible to change the argument order (as least not without an assembly hack, which I'm not doing until 3peso is absolutely done with the game)

00C55A48: Exchanging %d Seven Star Remnants will give you %s.

00C55C9C: You can obtain Seven Star Remnants by offering Seven Star Amulets here,
The %d was removed. Can't do that. I have no idea what this is supposed to be so I just threw it in.
00C55C9C: You can obtain Seven Star Remnants by offering %d Seven Star Amulets here,

Using this for now, until I get something better. I have no idea how to view this in-game.

00C264E4: Temp�@%d.%d��
I have no idea what happened here. I just deleted those weird characters.

00C26590: %d Floor Bonus: Enemy Drop Rate +%d%
And many others,
a literal % must be doubled, e.g. "%%".
...ok it looks like 3peso was doing it that way, so maybe that's not true if it's at the end of the string. I changed a bunch on my end but I guess I just won't worry about it.

And then it found a bunch of duplicates:
Conflict found in trans_2103\Menus\SystemMessages.txt on address 00C56338 already declared in: trans_2103\Menus\menus.txt
ERROR: Duplicate address detected in string dump trans_2103\Skills\characterSkills.txt.
Conflict found in trans_2103\Skills\characterSkills.txt on address 00BFFBE4 already declared in: trans_2103\Menus\menus.txt
Conflict found in trans_2103\Skills\characterSpells.txt on address 00C11890 already declared in: trans_2103\Skills\characterSkills.txt
Conflict found in trans_2103\Skills\subclassSpells.txt on address 00C0806C already declared in: trans_2103\Skills\characterSpells.txt
Conflict found in trans_2103\Story\Postgame.txt on address 00CAFB18 already declared in: trans_2103\Menus\SystemMessages.txt
00C1E6FC: Increases EVA by (SLv*32).
00C1E6FC: EVA is increased by (SLv*32).
----
00C19334: all of the user's stats are increased by 7%.
00C19334: the user's stats will be increased by 7%.
----
00C19360: When the user's attack does not defeat an enemy,
00C19360: If the user does not defeat an enemy after attacking it,
----
00C193AC: Encountering a Strong Foe
00C193AC: Encounter with a Strong Foe
----
00C1CA94: staying in the battle with 1 HP, at a cost of 10 TP.
00C1CA94: 10 TP will be consumed and the character will stay alive with 1 HP.
----
00C1CAC0: When the user is KO'd, there will be a (SLv*25%) chance of the user
00C1CAC0: If the user get KO'd, there is a (SLv*25)% chance that
----
00C1D6DC: Greatly increases recovery speed from debuffs and ailments.
00C1D6DC: Speeds up recovery from debuffs and ailments.
----
00C1D710: Giving You Wings
00C1D710: Lively and Healthy
----
00C1F534: Adds a HVY effect to all of the user's attacks.
00C1F534: Adds a HVY effect to all attacks.
----

I'll let you sort these out.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 06:40:33 PM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #683 on: July 23, 2017, 01:37:36 AM »
00C1E6FC: Increases EVA by (SLv*32).
00C1E6FC: EVA is increased by (SLv*32).
----
00C19334: all of the user's stats are increased by 7%.
00C19334: the user's stats will be increased by 7%.
----
00C19360: When the user's attack does not defeat an enemy,
00C19360: If the user does not defeat an enemy after attacking it,
----
00C193AC: Encountering a Strong Foe
00C193AC: Encounter with a Strong Foe
----
00C1CA94: staying in the battle with 1 HP, at a cost of 10 TP.
00C1CA94: 10 TP will be consumed and the character will stay alive with 1 HP.
----
00C1CAC0: When the user is KO'd, there will be a (SLv*25%) chance of the user
00C1CAC0: If the user get KO'd, there is a (SLv*25)% chance that
----
00C1D6DC: Greatly increases recovery speed from debuffs and ailments.
00C1D6DC: Speeds up recovery from debuffs and ailments.
----
00C1D710: Giving You Wings
00C1D710: Lively and Healthy
----
00C1F534: Adds a HVY effect to all of the user's attacks.
00C1F534: Adds a HVY effect to all attacks.
----

I'll let you sort these out.

« Reply #684 on: July 23, 2017, 03:20:42 PM »
Menus.txt: 00C56338: Obtained "Infinite Key!"
SystemMessages.txt: 00C56338: Obtained Infinite Key!

Menus.txt: 00BFFBE4: Star Reading
characterSkills.txt: 00BFFBE4: Ability to Read the Stars

I'm assuming this is duplicated as a status message. I can separate the two, but that's an assembly hack.

characterSpells.txt: 00C0806C: Cost 10 MP  All Allies: MYS  Auxilliary Action
subclassSpells.txt: 00C0806C: Cost 10 MP  All Allies: MYS  Auxiliary Action

Difference here is the use of full width vs ascii space. I can just do a find/replace on this later to clean everything up.
(oh, and Auxiliary was spelled wrong). I did do a find/replace on that one.

00CAFB18: Obtained Sub Equipment "Great Question's Mask!"
00CAFB18: Obtained Sub Equipment "Great Question's Mask"!

"! vs !". !" seems more common I guess.

characterSkills.txt: 00C11890:   This included the untranslated line, when it was translated in characterSpells.

The temperature reading on the fire floors is broken. (That's what 00C264E4 was; a deg-C. Notepad++ just doesn't like Shift-JIS). Did it ever work?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #685 on: July 24, 2017, 01:23:53 AM »
00C17538: When the user uses [Concentate], they a [Mask] effect out of Joy, Anger, <- gain a [Mask] effect?

00C16BD0: all ally and enemy HP details can be seen in battle. <- should be just all enemy details since you don't need a skill to see your own characters' HP

00C15B00: Enhances the effects of all synergy skills requiring other characters, and \n 00C15ABC: provides a halved effect of those skills when the required characters <- it's an A->B effect (the half bonus from synergy partner in back row is the enhancement), not A + B effect

Where is Yuuka's Master Spark? never mind I'm blind

00C04990: When the user gets a turn and is not at full M, the user will absorb 1 <- should be MP

Also the two Murakumo skills absorb at double efficiency, which the description did mention.

00C25E44: 27F The Great Tree Shines its Last <- should have totally been a reference to EOV's subtitle

00BFF9C8: 神剣の加護・木 <- these five lines ARE used in the game (in the fights against plus disk final boss and its pre-fight minibosses). Not sure about 神剣の命の輝き though

00C002B8: 全能力永劫上昇%d% <- those six lines are used as well by some bosses

00C1A448: Healing Touch <- this was not a plus disk line, but I would like to point it out now while everything is being edited - it should be Healing Limit Break; the justification for changing it to Healing Touch because that is the healing "limit break" in Trauma Centre/EO doesn't work on the account that the original text literally means "break the limit of healing".
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:50:07 AM by RegalStar »

« Reply #686 on: July 24, 2017, 01:36:26 AM »
I'm using the translation files from
Translation files and string dump:
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15439.0;attach=44022

Pastebin of all the text that couldn't be found from the last version (trans_1203).
https://pastebin.com/y2bQ7xLD

I pretty much ignored the earlier 1202' version I did.
and the degree Celsius shows up properly there.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:57:03 AM by Tom »

« Reply #687 on: August 17, 2017, 02:20:35 AM »
Are the major bugs from the last version listed on the wiki fixed?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #688 on: September 01, 2017, 05:13:27 AM »
Fast Dash needs a new line (indicating that it's now 40%), if the project is not dead yet.

« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »
Just a quick note to say that I was busy with other concerns for awhile, but I'm back and working on this again. I've done the dialogue up to 3F of the underground, and fixed a bunch of overflows and untranslated stuff here and there.

I'll probably still be slower than usual though, if only because I'm trying to do a normal playthrough while grabbing the strings to be worked on...