Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 466910 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #540 on: August 17, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
Thank you guys so much!

« Reply #541 on: August 18, 2014, 08:17:08 AM »
For the messages that tell you what the correct temperature needs to be when you step on the warps on the fire floors, the @ symbols aren't being parsed as line breaks.  They're just showing up as @ symbols, and the line is extending off the edge of the screen..

« Reply #542 on: August 20, 2014, 03:14:50 AM »
My findings thus far, through 4F:

1F - I want at least 3 of the~m.
3F - Ho-how did you heard about this [name removed for spoilers]?
4F - If I back out of this now, everyone's gonna call me a chicken who ran away from showdown with my eternal rival!
4F - Anyway, let's leave that aside, I'll be in you care from now on, let's work well together.

Overall, very satisfied with the translation quality.  Thanks, I'll keep the feedback coming as I progress.

Veto

« Reply #543 on: August 20, 2014, 07:21:48 AM »
Thank you guys so much for the translation ^_^b.

But i do have one small issue...
Whenever I go into battle and select one of the skills, or I go to skill change, this happens..

And when that happens it affects all of the text in the game as well. But if i don't trigger it everything is fine.
I am currently running the game through wine on a mac. Is there a font I am missing or something? Because the game looks fine everywhere else.

Or is this a wine issue? Because I would very much like to understand the game while playing it ._.
Any response would be appreciated. I know that this was not happening in the 1.151 patch...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 04:38:10 PM by Nightassassain »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #544 on: August 20, 2014, 11:00:46 AM »
My findings thus far, through 4F:

1F - I want at least 3 of the~m.
3F - Ho-how did you heard about this [name removed for spoilers]?
4F - If I back out of this now, everyone's gonna call me a chicken who ran away from showdown with my eternal rival!
4F - Anyway, let's leave that aside, I'll be in you care from now on, let's work well together.

Overall, very satisfied with the translation quality.  Thanks, I'll keep the feedback coming as I progress.

Veto
I think you should compile your findings instead of posting them so early on. The patch makers have made it clear that the next translation patch will be after Plus Disk gets released.

It'd be better for everyone to just stuff things into a notepad or something and post it once the Plus Disk comes out rather than unnecessarily "spamming" the thread.

« Reply #545 on: August 20, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »
I think you should compile your findings instead of posting them so early on. The patch makers have made it clear that the next translation patch will be after Plus Disk gets released.

It'd be better for everyone to just stuff things into a notepad or something and post it once the Plus Disk comes out rather than unnecessarily "spamming" the thread.

Thanks for the heads up, but that's what I've been doing, after my initial correction post.  I posted this batch early, because I'll likely not get much playtime over the next month, and I didn't want to forget about them.  I'll take your advice and post the next batch upon release of the expansion.

Veto

« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2014, 02:39:45 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/j8w3WtR.png

What.

Other things I've found:

Kasen's recruitment: That's will

Capitalization on Kappa. Should be lowercase.

3F: You guys've got a good relationship
00863FA0:
(It's blank). Should just be ..., I think.

Orinrin's first meeting: (Another name I haven't heard of... - the @ isn't working.

There's also a lot of usage of "crow tengus", esp on 1F. Should just be 'crow tengu'. Other words in the sentences do enough to imply the plural.

00897DF8: Anyway, let's leave that aside. I'll be in you care from@now on, let's work well together.
your care.

----

008A2658:
<Marisa> Man, what the heck could this be? I have no idea.

Another blank line

Hina's boss fight:
it cannot be Helped

Okuu recruit: "Kinda though fighting alone here."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:41:49 PM by qazmlpok »

HGH

« Reply #547 on: August 23, 2014, 12:01:41 PM »
If it's not too much of a hassle, since everyone is waiting for the next expansion/plus disk, could it be possible to edit the touhouwiki article for the game? It's using a lot of terms from the pre-patch time, so there's kinda of a big difference in a lot of the translations.

« Reply #548 on: August 23, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »
Mistake in the Herbalist's Proof item:

'stand' needs to be written as 'Stand', as it is a JoJo reference.

« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2014, 12:09:08 AM »
Good work with on the English patch.  Unfortunately, I seem to be having a bit of a brain fart with patching into English.  Which link was it and do I just unzip the contents of the downloaded file into the game folder?

jaxter0987

« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2014, 06:49:14 AM »
If it's not too much of a hassle, since everyone is waiting for the next expansion/plus disk, could it be possible to edit the touhouwiki article for the game? It's using a lot of terms from the pre-patch time, so there's kinda of a big difference in a lot of the translations.
I really love the Touhou fandom, because honestly we've accomplished some great things. There's countless fangames along with the official ones out there that we would not be able to enjoy if people didn't volunteer their time and effort into translating them.

While not everyone can contribute to the translation effort directly, everyone can contribute to the wiki. The wiki is a community based effort. People shouldn't be asking other people to make the necessary changes and instead make the changes themselves.

I'd start making the changes myself, but I'm kinda busy enjoying the story for the first time considering this is the third time I'm playing through the game. Except I'm not even really in full enjoyment mode, as I'm looking out for and documenting any issues with the translation patch as I go through the story.

I'm just doing what I can to give back, since my Japanese is far from adequate enough to help with actual translation and my technical capabilities are hardly up to par either.

TL;DR Make an account on the wiki and give back to this wonderful fandom of ours.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:52:13 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2014, 01:35:47 AM »
Error in the post-battle conversation against Tenshi on 12F

Final line

« Reply #552 on: August 25, 2014, 02:07:27 AM »
Warning on the warps in 13F

« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2014, 03:00:02 AM »
008B7DF8: So do let me join. And if we have the time, let's go see@Kanako getting mad.
<Kanako> というわけで私も混ぜておくれよ。@ついでにヒマがあったら諏訪子の悔し顔を見に行こう。

Kanako enjoys watching herself get mad.

The Patchy achievements (Tribute to patchy, etc) make note of "spending points". That's not right, is it? It's total number of points, not based on the actual money you spend.

Nimble mentions a Spd debuff becoming a buff. It should be "treated as a buff" - a debuff is still a debuff when it comes to applying other buffs.

008AA938: Who would've thought the Ame-no-Murakumo would become a @tsukmogami... And such a strong one at that...
Typo - should be tsukumogami.

008C4DD0: Yeah it does. It's taken root in a very harsh @environement... I wish there was a way to make the area @here cooler...
environement
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 09:40:20 PM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #554 on: August 27, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
You guys are incredible!!..  I'm a pretty big fan when it comes to Touhou and i've enjoyed every one of your translation releases.  This looks like another promising RPG i'll have to play. 

Thanks again to everyone who helps in these projects.- keep up the good work!.

jaxter0987

« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2014, 11:05:22 PM »
Good work with on the English patch.  Unfortunately, I seem to be having a bit of a brain fart with patching into English.  Which link was it and do I just unzip the contents of the downloaded file into the game folder?
1. Patch the game to the latest version. (1.203 as of now, and the download link for the patch is here under "LoT 2 Patches and Other Downloads")
2. Download this and unzip the contents into the game folder.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #557 on: August 28, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »
I should probably say this so I don't forget. I'm making a note of any and all spelling/grammar I seem to notice so I can post them all at once, this way it's not all over the place in a lot of posts.

« Reply #558 on: September 01, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
http://i.imgur.com/wPgz6Bo.png

The majority of this text is repitition from the previous line. c/p error, I'm guessing.

008C8388: Back when you were having such a hard time you had with @that fodder monster on the 3rd floor, I would've never@imagined the day would come that I would be defeated by @that very same group...
This line turned into a bit of word salad.

Violent Green Rupee still says "Yen"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:49:31 PM by qazmlpok »

« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2014, 11:19:53 AM »
Just posting to say that I've been keeping note of all the fixes posted so far, as well as noting a whole lot of them myself while playing through the game, and I'll incorporate them in a (hopefully final) set of files that'll fix those, the few weird images and such probably in a month or so.

http://i.imgur.com/wPgz6Bo.png

The majority of this text is repitition from the previous line. c/p error, I'm guessing.

For this one though, I have no clue what went wrong here. In the text files included with the exe at least, the affected line (008C8620) seems fine. Did something go wrong during the string replacement process?

This also happened earlier in the same conversation btw. This from the textfile:

008C897C: Yukari, whatcha doing here? ...Actually, the answer's @obvious, huh.
<Marisa> 紫、ここで何してんの?@??って、聞く必要もないよな。
008A7B5C: Oh my, Yukari. Good day, it's been a while.
<Yuyuko> あら~紫。@こんにちは、お久しぶりー。

became (I assume) this in-game:

008C897C: Yukari, whatcha doing here? ...Actually, the answer's @obvious, huh.
<Marisa> 紫、ここで何してんの?@??って、聞く必要もないよな。
008A7B5C: Oh my, Yukari. Good day, it's been a while.@obvious huh.
<Yuyuko> あら~紫。@こんにちは、お久しぶりー。

« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »
For this one though, I have no clue what went wrong here. In the text files included with the exe at least, the affected line (008C8620) seems fine. Did something go wrong during the string replacement process?

Odd number of characters on the line. It needs another space at the end.

« Reply #561 on: September 03, 2014, 04:51:39 PM »
Odd number of characters on the line. It needs another space at the end.

Ah, so that applies even for the final part of each string? Okay.

« Reply #562 on: September 05, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
19F: The orb to reset the orbs should be
"Restored the magical walls" etc

Emergency Recovery's last line is the same as Rapid Charges... which means recover says it restored MP. I'm assuming that's not the case.

Some skills do "Slv", others "(Slv)", and more "(Slv*1)" for effects with a multiplier of 1. I think for standardization this should be changed to "(Slv)"

00853660: Always active while the character has the subclass "Transcendant".
008536AC: Transcendant Mastery
Proper spelling is Transcendent, which is used in other places.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:08:35 PM by qazmlpok »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #563 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:04 AM »
Great work on the patch guys! I'm enjoying it!
Anyway found some typos and such that have already been mentioned so far, but didn't notice anyone mention a little typo on 2f.. after you get the poison glands from the bugs and speak to Eirin Reimu at one point says
"Can you help us take a long at these poison glands?"... I'm assuming "long" is meant to be "look".

« Reply #564 on: September 10, 2014, 04:48:00 PM »
I've went through the game, and made a list of all changes I've made to the text files here. It also contains fixes for all the typos and changes posted here (I think).

For anyone who's been compiling lists of typos but not posted them yet, please check if they are in this list. If they aren't please post them within a week's time, which is when I plan to finalize the changes as well as fix the images, and release hopefully the final patch before plus disk.

(There's obviously spoilers in the above link, so don't read too far it if you haven't finished the game and care about the story)

jaxter0987

« Reply #565 on: September 11, 2014, 03:33:47 AM »
I've went through the game, and made a list of all changes I've made to the text files here. It also contains fixes for all the typos and changes posted here (I think).

For anyone who's been compiling lists of typos but not posted them yet, please check if they are in this list. If they aren't please post them within a week's time, which is when I plan to finalize the changes as well as fix the images, and release hopefully the final patch before plus disk.

(There's obviously spoilers in the above link, so don't read too far it if you haven't finished the game and care about the story)
Oh boy I have a time limit to finish my third run of the game now (not really, I just want to go through the game looking for typos myself).

Not sure how I'm going to QC the post game stuff though.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2014, 03:45:12 AM »
Got a Debug Error in the Post Game section of Floor 9 when checking a rock.

http://i.imgur.com/5nNrEGc.png

« Reply #567 on: September 12, 2014, 11:58:04 AM »
Got a Debug Error in the Post Game section of Floor 9 when checking a rock.

http://i.imgur.com/5nNrEGc.png

If you keep clicking on ignore you can get past that while the flashing animation plays sloooowly, I think.

I think that may be due to the string for the line (0087B23C) having an odd number of characters on the line. 21F I believe also has a similar problem. Qaz, able to confirm?

« Reply #568 on: September 12, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
When will the plus disk come out? Will it have fullscreen mode?
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #569 on: September 12, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »
There's been literally no news about the Append Disk since June. All we know was that it was delayed because of the makers of LoT2 were helping out in a collaboration for another game. Hopefully there'll be more information as we approach winter Comiket, but even then there's no guarantee they'll release it at C87 either.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!