Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 466842 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #330 on: January 03, 2014, 02:34:48 PM »
Another thing I came across is that some dialogue windows have more lines (read here "more @") than they had in the original, and it didn't seem to cause problems, so do you think we would be able to spread our translation with additional lines like that too?
For example:
0087DCA8: 現れた原因も定かではないこの樹木は、魔法の森に突如生起した後@幻想郷の日の光を遮りながら今も少しずつ成長し、@辺り一帯にほの暗い帳を降ろし続けている。 (original)
0087DCA8: 現れた原因も定かではないこの樹木は、魔・@の森に突・@生起した後@幻想郷の日の光を遮りながら今も少しずつ成長し、@辺り一帯にほの暗い帳を降ろし続けている。 (eng patch)
Both the in-game images can be found in this link
It's not the only one I saw, but this one shows the difference it very well

Another thing, a minor one, a lot of subclass skills/spells end up with a ・ at the end of their names. It's caused by having a long space after the line so I've just modified them and included them into this file. It also inclues the new equipment and new enemies and all the corrections that were needed for stuff that changed and wasn't carried out from 1.151 to 1.203 https://www.mediafire.com/?39m6872moli3372

Elipses are Japanese because that's what's in the files. A single "?" character instead of "...". I can change it with a find/replace next time, so don't worry about it. There's also the Japanese quotes, which I should probably find/replace into English ones at some point.

Regarding the messed up Japanese, that's my fault. I wrote a script to fix up lines of dialogue (anything with a @) but didn't account for Japanese characters.

The issue I wrote that script for is that a @ must appear as the odd byte in a line of dialogue. This is because although the engine supports English characters just fine, it isn't designed for them. So it seems to be reading two characters at a time. If the @ is the second character it reads at once, it will treat it as a literal @ and not break the line of dialogue.

This is why you have trailing spaces in lines like:
0087CAC0: That's how it is. @With what Reimu said, @the culprit should be in that Great Tree.

Without those spaces, the @ would show up in the text window and it'd all be on a single line.
But again, I wasn't accounting for Japanese characters. So it turned any Japanese with a 0x40 in the lower byte (a @) will get messed up by my script.

Just took a quick look and noticed that Melody was typo'd as Medoly.
Also noticed that some of the skill descriptions still had male pronouns.

It was easier just to edit them myself and reupload.
https://www.mediafire.com/?imyw12bw32utyy6

Are these all new lines/changes or what?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #331 on: January 03, 2014, 05:47:13 PM »
Are these all new lines/changes or what?
The first part is just corrections from Subclass skills

The second part is the names and effects of the new items and the names of the new enemies added in patch 1.2

The third part is from the pastebin you posted, lines that weren't carried over because the original text had changed, with all the new rocks and floor descriptions
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #332 on: January 03, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
Any updates with the patch?

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
Anything happening with this?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2014, 05:33:49 AM »
I can't translate, and I doubt I can assist with scripting better than qaz, but I'm willing to help with any menial tasks if needed.. parsing text to save translator time, proofreading, whatever. Regardless, thanks for the work so far, and good luck with future work! If you quit....I'll cry and thank you anyway cuz I appreciated the effort.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2014, 04:14:05 AM »
Also, for those worried about it, the translation project is not dead, I'm still working on it, just at a slower pace (translation for school > translation for this project)
Figured I'd post this here in case anyone thought the project was dead.

« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2014, 08:26:44 AM »
excuse me sir ...
can i ask what is SLv means?
i'm kinda confused here ...
sorry for the stupid question

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #337 on: February 08, 2014, 04:38:46 AM »
excuse me sir ...
can i ask what is SLv means?
i'm kinda confused here ...
sorry for the stupid question
It stands for Skill Levels

« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2014, 01:30:17 AM »
Hey folks,

Occasionally in this thread, somebody refers to the "other thread", where patch information is.  Since I'm a shameless noob of noobliness, anybody mind sharing a link to this other thread?

Thanks,

Veto

« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2014, 06:25:37 AM »
Hey folks,

Occasionally in this thread, somebody refers to the "other thread", where patch information is.  Since I'm a shameless noob of noobliness, anybody mind sharing a link to this other thread?

Thanks,

Veto

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16042.0.html

« Reply #340 on: April 01, 2014, 11:56:42 AM »
Hello there, i use your current english patch (v1.151) and i am glad to see you are not dead with this project :)

I don't know if you already know it but the +9TP item in main equipment is still in jap. The end of  translated lines from the skills (for exemple) are also out of range to be seen (thanks wiki for the complete message ~~ )

I finished the game and now i wait a new patch for boss rush, the 12 F.O.E, the F21 etc (i seen a video from Youtube dated from december where the uploader have them as well the Master Spark animation, if i am the only one that don't have it, can you tell me how i can have it ? :D )

Btw i am sorry if i write wrong, english is not my native language and i don't use Google translate. If you need someone to test your next patches, i will be glad to send my feedback.

EDIT : I wasn't on v1.203 ... Now it's done ~~
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:00:24 PM by Gadsu »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2014, 01:56:03 PM »
Uhh... quick question. Was the stuff that was translated and put into the document from this post:

Just took a quick look and noticed that Melody was typo'd as Medoly.
Also noticed that some of the skill descriptions still had male pronouns.

It was easier just to edit them myself and reupload.
https://www.mediafire.com/?imyw12bw32utyy6

...ever going to be put into the game? I was just wondering because the most recent patch does not have the stuff in that document in there, and I was wondering if it wasn't put in due to it being buggy, or just because you haven't gotten the chance. Sorry if I'm bumping for something like this, but it was bothering me. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:33 PM »
Any news about the project ?

The last update was more than 2 months ago :x

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #343 on: May 01, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
This is more of a technical question than anything else, really, and largely because I've been experimenting with something in order to attempt implementing the last series of changes to 1.203 (which so far have not been implemented), but in terms of swapping out the strings in the .exe, is mauve's pe_text_change used or is it a custom program? And if it is mauve's program, how exactly do you go about making a proper script file for that to replace the text? I've been trying to figure out how to get it to work by replacing the string for going to the 16F extra area, but this:

Code: [Select]
0x008E17F8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To the 16th Floor Extra

...doesn't work. Anyone know how to get this to work properly?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2014, 06:07:26 PM »
This is more of a technical question than anything else, really, and largely because I've been experimenting with something in order to attempt implementing the last series of changes to 1.203 (which so far have not been implemented), but in terms of swapping out the strings in the .exe, is mauve's pe_text_change used or is it a custom program? And if it is mauve's program, how exactly do you go about making a proper script file for that to replace the text? I've been trying to figure out how to get it to work by replacing the string for going to the 16F extra area, but this:

Code: [Select]
0x008E17F8
To the 16th Floor Extra

...doesn't work. Anyone know how to get this to work properly?
I'm pretty sure Qaz uses his own tools, but you can always ask him in a PM.

http://pastebin.com/njXbs5y3 Here is the introduction fully translated. It was completed some time ago, I was just waiting for it to be corrected by my teacher.
The string numbers should be the ones from 1.203.

I'm fairly certain of the meaning of all of it, except for 0087C950 and 0087C8C8.
Also, I would like for you people to check it over, not for the meaning, but to make sure it feels natural. My native language isn't English, and the person I asked to correct me translated from JP to French, so I had to translate it back into EN, so some stuff may sound weird and unnatural. I would really appreciate if anyone could do a quick check-up on it.

0087C934, 0087CB94, 0087CDF4, 0087CED0, 0087D050, 0087D0FC, 0087D328, 0087D528, 0087D6E0, 0087D7D8, 0087DA28, 0087DAF8, 0087DE48, 0087E00C, 0087E294, 0087E3EC and 0087E62C are not part of the introduction, but they were mixed in it in the string dump, so you can pay them no mind. (basically, any text that don't have a <Person> with it is not in the introduction)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Phoenix-P

• Reisen...it's punishment time...
  • One Optical Camouflage please
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2014, 04:12:38 AM »
by the way, i can see the translation is still going on and that's great to see  ;) i have a question, will the story be translated too? looks like everyone is playing it without it, but as an RPG the story is one of the main attractions.
keep going guys, you're doing a great job  :D
The Power of Baka!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2014, 11:02:28 PM »
What I'd worry about more at this point is that some skills have jap descriptions due to recent updates changing it, as well as how many of the later path-blocking rocks are in japanese so it's hard to tell how to clear them.

Although, yeah, I think translating the story was originally (and may still be) planned to get done, but it doesn't seem like people have the time right now (or maybe not the interest)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Phoenix-P

« Reply #347 on: May 30, 2014, 12:43:59 AM »
i see, i also read about some skills not working (i think momiji has one). not sure if its an error from the game itself or something. and yeah having descriptions untranslated is more annoying, having to open the wiki to know what to do
The Power of Baka!

« Reply #348 on: May 30, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »
Hi, previous translator of LoT1 here. I'd like to help out with whatever's left remaining to be translated, which from what I hear is mostly just the story dialogue. I'll download the translated files soon, since mediafire is hating me right now. Meanwhile...

http://pastebin.com/njXbs5y3 Here is the introduction fully translated. It was completed some time ago, I was just waiting for it to be corrected by my teacher.
The string numbers should be the ones from 1.203.

I'm fairly certain of the meaning of all of it, except for 0087C950 and 0087C8C8.
Also, I would like for you people to check it over, not for the meaning, but to make sure it feels natural. My native language isn't English, and the person I asked to correct me translated from JP to French, so I had to translate it back into EN, so some stuff may sound weird and unnatural. I would really appreciate if anyone could do a quick check-up on it.

0087C934, 0087CB94, 0087CDF4, 0087CED0, 0087D050, 0087D0FC, 0087D328, 0087D528, 0087D6E0, 0087D7D8, 0087DA28, 0087DAF8, 0087DE48, 0087E00C, 0087E294, 0087E3EC and 0087E62C are not part of the introduction, but they were mixed in it in the string dump, so you can pay them no mind. (basically, any text that don't have a <Person> with it is not in the introduction)

Well, you asked for it...

http://pastebin.com/Aa9P0tpt

Just a few notes about the changes I made:
-Most of it was to make changes to the dialogue to make it flow more naturally in English, of course. This included reworking some sentences with lots of commas, correcting some tenses and typos, and so on.
-There were places where I believe the translation meaning was also off, which I modified in my reworks. I'm certainly no super-expert in translations though, so feel free to discuss any of the meaning changes I made.
-I'm not sure if you're working with space constraints; I generally assumed you were not.
-In general, I prefer *actions* to sounds, so they can be ignored if the preference is for the former.

Anyway... I'll download the translation files once mediafire stops hating me. since I'm kinda fresh to this project, anything you want me to look over specifically first to do a translation check? And/or where should I start in translating the story dialogue?

« Reply #349 on: May 30, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
It's a great new that you are here Deranged :)

I dont work on the translation but I know the new sub equipment page was added since the last translation, and as you quoted, someone work on stage translation.

And I still don't see any post about the skill's and passive's character lengh ajustement (some of sentenses go through of right of screen)

i see, i also read about some skills not working (i think momiji has one). not sure if its an error from the game itself or something. and yeah having descriptions untranslated is more annoying, having to open the wiki to know what to do

Theses skill's bug are a bug from the game, next patches should correct them.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #350 on: May 30, 2014, 10:57:14 PM »
Most skills the wiki has listed as not working, have been fixed already. Honestly I think only Meiling's speed boost on Gatekeeper Who Likes To Nap is still not working correctly!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2014, 11:52:05 PM »
Updated files and exe.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8nxkhm4fq2jqj1f

This includes Deranged's proofread version of the opening, and the stuff in "new stuff for 1.203.txt".

There's a lot of text overflow in the opening, but whatever. That can be fixed later.

Also, Deranged: There's a google doc spreadsheet for coordinating specific changes, e.g. for keeping terminology consistent, and for compiling a list of the references in the game.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiaAy3nPKPx2dDhOLUh5Vmk2N1VUYkxJZlI1d2xRMGc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #352 on: May 31, 2014, 06:07:48 AM »
Geeeeeze. You two should make a business, you get ???^%%* done fast nearly every time.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #353 on: May 31, 2014, 08:02:26 AM »
Nice job again guys. Take your time  :)

Phoenix-P

« Reply #354 on: May 31, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »
really that was fast  :o
keep going guys you're doing a good job  ;)
The Power of Baka!

« Reply #355 on: May 31, 2014, 04:54:04 PM »
Well it looks like I picked a good time to remember that this game exists.
Thank you guys

« Reply #356 on: May 31, 2014, 05:21:07 PM »
GJ guys, nice to see and have that progress done! keep it up!

« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
Updated files and exe.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8nxkhm4fq2jqj1f

This includes Deranged's proofread version of the opening, and the stuff in "new stuff for 1.203.txt".

There's a lot of text overflow in the opening, but whatever. That can be fixed later.

Also, Deranged: There's a google doc spreadsheet for coordinating specific changes, e.g. for keeping terminology consistent, and for compiling a list of the references in the game.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiaAy3nPKPx2dDhOLUh5Vmk2N1VUYkxJZlI1d2xRMGc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

Looking at that opening... yeesh, another game without a fixed-width font. Oh well, at least there's generally plenty of space.

Yep, I've been adding a few references to the spreadsheet as well, since I've been working on the achievements. Speaking of which:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d23e1d70

Achievements list checked. Again, some changes were for natural wording, some to (hopefully) making it all fit in the box, and some meaning changes/reference adding, and translating some of the lines that were left in Japanese. Again, feel free to discuss any of the changes/translations I did. This also may not be the final version, as I haven't proofread the items list yet, which may have a knock-on effect on this.

I added a few lines that should be part of the achievements list but wasn't in it from strdump.txt at the bottom - is this the correct way to do things?

And random question: anyone who played the english patch version of Treasure Hunter G know what they translated オーパーツ to? I've left is as "OParts" for now, but if they translated it differently, I'd change it to that to keep the reference.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:51:20 AM by Deranged »

« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
They translated it to OPART. The Katakana for o is elongated by the line which makes me feel odd about it along with the fact that OOPART stands for Out of Place Artifact. I suppose it doesn't matter.

Anyways, thanks for your hard work.

« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »
Yes, that's how it's done Deranged. Just as long as it isn't already in another file or something.

The files are just for trying to organize stuff; it doesn't actually matter where anything goes. Which unfortunately means that some things are out of place.

Also, it looks like you changed the term for "Strengthen" to "Enhanced". Could you include that in the spreadsheet too? I'd think there would be other occurances that need to be changed, but I just did a quick search and didn't find anything.

Looking at that opening... yeesh, another game without a fixed-width font. Oh well, at least there's generally plenty of space.
Huh. I thought it was fixed width. Most things seem to take up about the same amount of space.

Character limit seems to be around 58 characters before an @ is needed. Fortunately, unlike the first game, it's easy to insert new lines. I think the limit on @'s is 4 (5 lines).