Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 469089 times)

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #240 on: September 25, 2013, 08:42:31 PM »
http://pastebin.com/Lv1Lfm6p
Class names (with my comments), and the new status information of patch 1.151.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2013, 06:19:54 AM »
I'd probably end up using training manuals whenever I decide to do a hard mode run of the game.

« Reply #242 on: September 29, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
There's a rock on 20F that says "Only those who possess 2 400 000 or more money may pass".

I only have 307 126 money but I can get past the rock, so isn't it 240 000, instead of 2 400 000 ?

« Reply #243 on: September 29, 2013, 01:19:38 PM »
There's a rock on 20F that says "Only those who possess 2 400 000 or more money may pass".

I only have 307 126 money but I can get past the rock, so isn't it 240 000, instead of 2 400 000 ?

Original text does say 240,000. Fixed, and added commas back in.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #244 on: October 05, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »
http://puu.sh/4IhK0.jpg
Defeat 30 FOEs achievement lists this as the Tokyo Metronome, but the name as an item is in japanese
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #245 on: October 06, 2013, 08:18:38 PM »
http://puu.sh/4IhK0.jpg
Defeat 30 FOEs achievement lists this as the Tokyo Metronome, but the name as an item is in japanese

Serela, are you using the same translation patch as the OP?  Your copy seems to have much more translated than mine does ('ATK', 'MAG', 'FIR', 'WND', etc).  I'm using 1.151, and the only stats translated for me are HP, MP, and TP.

Thanks,

Veto

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2013, 01:15:08 AM »
The translation is in two parts: An image patch and a text patch. You must only have the text patch. I have no idea where the image patch is, though. It's not in the OP for some reason. Could someone add that there for other people who are looking for it?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2013, 01:27:46 AM »
Updated the OP with the image file
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2013, 02:03:03 AM »
Ah ha.. that explains it.  Looking much better now, thanks.  Now I'll try and help with finding translation discrepancies not already mentioned in this thread.  Looks great so far, though.

Veto

« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2013, 06:01:06 AM »
don't die pls

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:48 AM »
Something I just noticed. The item Full Custom shows the stat as SDP 48% instead of SPD like it should.

http://i.imgur.com/sU7R3ue.png

Edit:

Also Achievement 61 is titled Mariage Proposal and should be Marriage Proposal.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:41:56 AM by Axel Ryman »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »
don't die pls
It's not dead, it's just that me and Regal have been very busy with other stuff, so there's not been much progress. I'm on break this week, so I'll be able to release something. Progress is going to be slow because the two of us aren't native japanese speaker, so we have to learn the language before translating that much.

Also Achievement 61 is titled Mariage Proposal and should be Marriage Proposal.
Blame my french on that one

Edit:
Regal, for this item 水鏡の刻印, shouldn't it be "Mizukagami Seal", and not "Mikagami Seal"?

All the lines that have "Akyu" should be "Akyuu" instead

Some events done on 1F (bare in mind those are rough drafts, I'm asking someone who's fluent in japanese to correct them when he's available, but for the time being, it's gonna give us some meat to work with, since the thread's been stagnating for a while). If any of you guys are confident, you can still try and correct the (missing) parts.
http://pastebin.com/rejXxWJm
I'll try to release some more this week

*All the line numbers are the ones from patch 1.151 (or should be, I took them from the most recent strdump)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 05:07:39 AM by kuilfrayt »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »
I'm not Regal, but I can definitely tell you that 水鏡の刻印 is Mizukagami's Seal, not Mikagami's Seal. Of course, I'm not fluent in Japanese, I just recognize the first kanji as "mizu," (water) not "mi".
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »
I'm not Regal, but I can definitely tell you that 水鏡の刻印 is Mizukagami's Seal, not Mikagami's Seal. Of course, I'm not fluent in Japanese, I just recognize the first kanji as "mizu," (water) not "mi".
Nvm, it's read as Mikagami when used in names, like with Mikagami Hikari (水鏡秤) from Ace Attorney and Mikagami Tokiya (水鏡凍季也) from Flame of Recca, just to name a few.

Edit: Found those 2 lines while playing hard mode:
007EF26C: You won't be able to start the boss battle!
ボスイベントを開始する事が出来ません!
007EF2A0: In Hard Mode, if you have a character with a Lv higher than the Challenge Lv,
ハードモードでは、設定されたチャレンジレベルよりLvの高い仲間がいる場合
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 05:09:26 PM by kuilfrayt »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #254 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »
So, not to sound impatient or ungrateful, but is there any new information on how this translation is going?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2013, 03:37:19 AM »
Don't worry, I'm still alive. Just that a combination of burnout and other stuff to work on slowed me down significantly.

I should have the equipments done at least by the end of the month, though.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2013, 02:42:37 PM »
School is taking most of my time right now, having to separate between study, learning the language and translating is stretching myself short, and that's not talking about anything else I also do in my free time. But I should get more time for it after the new year (seeing as I'm going to change program into professional translation, it's going to make a lot more sense for me to translation this).

Right now I'm getting close to be done with Rumia's events and about 50%ish into the introduction, as well as trying to finish up the missing lines in the events I already posted.

« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2013, 03:29:18 AM »
OK i have a bug report. i have 2 save files. i have one saved in save file 1 and one saved in save file 2. earlier today i saved my game in save file 2 and i closed it. I re-open the game right now and save file 2 isnt loading but save file 1 is. i checked the save folder and save file 1 and 2 both have data in them. I dont know what the heck is happening!

« Reply #258 on: November 11, 2013, 07:31:49 AM »
Just want to show some love for this project.  Touhou is awesome, and Etrian Odyssey is awesome.  Labyrinth of Touhou was awesome and this seems way better.  Thanks for your work guys!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2013, 01:11:34 AM »
While I can't help, I'm also looking forward for the conclusion of this project. I wanted really badly for Devil of Decline's translation to finish, but it seems to be currently on hiatus...

That said, I hope you guys will manage to complete this.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2013, 02:59:09 AM »
At the very least, if it is possible, could you guys release the current patch? That way, at the very least, some of the bugs from the previous patch have been fixed.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2013, 02:44:47 AM »
At the very least, if it is possible, could you guys release the current patch? That way, at the very least, some of the bugs from the previous patch have been fixed.
You mean typos? I don't recall there being bugs in the translation patches...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #262 on: November 16, 2013, 12:38:55 AM »
You mean typos? I don't recall there being bugs in the translation patches...

Well, anything important that may have been changed.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #263 on: November 16, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »
Well, anything important that may have been changed.

They'll likely release it when they're ready. Just be patient.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
This is what I noticed on the patch I'm currently using;

-Magic beating (sorcerer subclass) says "his" instead of "hers". Considering the game has only 1 man....

-Alice's Hanged Hourai Dolls:
"Can deal very strong damage against enemy's with low MND"
Should be enemies.

-Rin's Former Hell Needles
"Can deal  strong damage with enemy with lower DEF"
Similar problem as above, should say against enemies

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #265 on: November 22, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
I think all the skills use male pronouns, for whatever reason.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shu

« Reply #266 on: November 22, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »
I find this translation project to be a waste of time since the translations are going off the screen e.e also is there any way to make this game full screen.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2013, 01:20:59 AM »
I think all the skills use male pronouns, for whatever reason.
I used to put male pronouns because the skill descriptions had "skill user" and no name in them, so I generalized as male because that's how I was taught. Most of them should've been changed to female pronouns though, but some slipped from my corrections I guess.

They'll likely release it when they're ready. Just be patient.
Imo, the most likely time we'll see the next patch is either when we have enough translated parts to be worth the trouble of making another patch, or when the next game patch comes out. There's no point making a patch for every small corrections we find. (this all depends on qaz time for making patches, so don't quote me on that)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2013, 05:00:02 AM »
Why you is the die! whyy!! =P

Seriously though, based on the first post's description, currently basically everything that isn't story-related is translated?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2013, 04:41:04 AM »
Well, this is overdue by two months, but I'm finally done with (most of) sub-gears translations. There are a couple I'm still not sure of, and I'm going to get someone to double-check things for me, but for the most part I'm done here.

Kuilfrayt, for game script, where would be a good place for me to start at? I don't want to end up clashing with your progress.