Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project  (Read 466953 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Translation Project
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »
I think you answered somewhere but I can't recall where. but are you plan on releasing an "everything but dialogue" patch once that's done?

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:13 PM »
I think you answered somewhere but I can't recall where. but are you plan on releasing an "everything but dialogue" patch once that's done?

that would be great, cause other then the (useless) bestiary its mostly done right now other then edits and plugging and stuff. Can't wait to start running with the gang in the other thread
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2013, 12:28:20 AM »
I was planning on releasing a second menu patch with just essentials, e.g. item names, the menu stuff, probably subclass skills as well, once either the images were redone or when 3peso releases the next patch, but it honestly doesn't seem like either will happen anytime soon.

that would be great, cause other then the (useless) bestiary its mostly done right now other then edits and plugging and stuff. Can't wait to start running with the gang in the other thread
Actually, I don't think anything is fully translated yet. There's still huge amounts of Japanese text in skills, achievements, items, and bestiary. Even the menus aren't fully translated. I don't seem to have any character spells at all, which is odd because I thought they were done.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2013, 12:50:11 AM »
weren't items already dumped and translated? pretty sure i saw it earlier
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2013, 01:27:42 AM »
I don't seem to have any character spells at all, which is odd because I thought they were done.

I sent them, but I guess it went unnoticed. I did find it weird not seeing the spells in this patch XD
http://www.mediafire.com/download/afz3ojyd6c5zdev
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2013, 01:49:38 AM »
Alright, figured out the issue with the enemies file. Basically, it was getting confused on the stuff already in English, since it had been moved to a new location. Thus the address didn't match. Oops.

Here's an archive of everything I had. I cut out all of the enemy names from random_crap.txt (what I called the attempt at grabbing all enemy attacks), since they're all in enemies.txt now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?efy7tpbtxr1w41y

I sent them, but I guess it went unnoticed. I did find it weird not seeing the spells in this patch XD
http://www.mediafire.com/download/afz3ojyd6c5zdev

...every file except this one. Whoops. Well it's right here, so I'll include it in the next archive. Thanks.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2013, 02:15:52 AM »
Some of the missing lines in the special items, just missing 1 to translate
007DFBB4: It was buried in the sand, but it wasn't damage since it's a scroll of air.
007DFA20: これを盗んでも「光る綺麗な旗」くらいにしか使い道がなさそうに思える。
007DFA78: Youkais were carrying it, but no one can use it other than Byakuren.
007DFAE8: It was left inside the hellfire, but it looks barely damaged, probably because it had virtually no substance to start with.
007DFAE8: A single book should be enough to be called a strategist if you don't wanna work for it.
007E0458: Since even Wriggle was affected like this, we can assume that

I'll post some system messages in a few (chests, relay, stairs, stuff like that)

http://pastebin.com/MyuaSjP9 (new one, made some changes to phrasing)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 04:18:31 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 06:37:37 AM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2013, 12:08:47 PM »
Felt the need to point this out:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69830990/Stuffs/Capture.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69830990/Stuffs/Capture2.PNG

Obviously the second picture's translation is a mistake.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69830990/Stuffs/Capture3.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69830990/Stuffs/Capture4.PNG

Same thing here.

Yes, I know. There were a number of issues with the items, due to addresses from both 1.120 and 1.130 being used in the text file. It should be fixed now.

EDIT:
I'll post some system messages in a few (chests, relay, stairs, stuff like that)

http://pastebin.com/MyuaSjP9 (new one, made some changes to phrasing)

Changed the money one to "Obtained %d money!"

There's an issue with some of these:
007EE150: We've obtained %d Special Items「%s」!
007EE1A8: We've obtained %d Materials「%s」!
007EE200: We've obtained %d Sub Equipments「%s」!
007EE250: We've obtained %d Main Equipments「%s」!

Basically, in addition to keeping the same number of %x's in a string, you also need to keep the order the same. The original string was %s %d, meaning the first argument is the string and the second is the count. So this string would try to turn "3" or whatever into a string and probably crash the game.

Also this applies if they're both %d, but in a different way. For a fictitious example, "You obtained an item worth '%d' a total of %d times!". If this was translated as "You obtained %d items worth '%d'!"

It IS possible to change the order of the arguments, but this requires modifying the program code. This isn't something I want to do until the final official patch is released, since I'll need to redo it manually each time. But if there's no way to make it sound natural without flipping the order, then I can do it.  With that said, I honestly don't have a suggestion for making it sound better in the correct order.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:14:09 PM by qazmlpok »

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
  • Apathy is a powerful mehtivator.
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »
How about "We've obtained Items 「%s」 * %d"?

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2013, 09:09:11 PM »
007DFA20: これを盗んでも「光る綺麗な旗」くらいにしか使い道がなさそうに思える。

Even if you take it, you can't do much with it other than use it as a beautiful, shining flag.

Also some grammar fixes:

007DFBB4: It was buried in the sand, but it wasn't damaged since it's a scroll of air.
007DFA20: Even if you take it, you can't do much with it other than use it as a beautiful, shining flag.
007DFA78: Youkai were carrying it, but no one can use it other than Byakuren.

/backseatdriving

EDIT:  Not sure how it fits the flavor you are aiming for, but I would just do "%s %d(s) obtained."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:13:16 PM by TwilightsCall »

jaxter0987

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2013, 10:19:59 PM »
EDIT:  Not sure how it fits the flavor you are aiming for, but I would just do "%s %d(s) obtained."
That doesn't work at all. It would become "Green Dream 5 obtained". I think Wymar's suggestion would fit the best before / if we decide to manually change them all later.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
How about "We've obtained Items 「%s」 * %d"?

Ya that would be fine, no need to make qaz work even more, you have enough on your hands already XD

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2013, 10:45:34 PM »
Also, the Light Fragment's description mentions a 10% boost to MDN.

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2013, 12:22:34 AM »
Thanks for the fixes above.

Also,

007DFAE8: It was left inside the hellfire, but it looks barely damaged, probably because it had virtually no substance to start with.
007DFAE8: A single book should be enough to be called a strategist if you don't wanna work for it.

Same address twice. Can you figure out what they're both supposed to be?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2013, 12:46:43 AM »
Woops
007DF6B4: A single book should be enough to be called a strategist if you don't wanna work for it.

Another system line, when clicking a colored blocking thing
008093B8: The passage is blocked by a mysterious mechanism.@Breaking through with sheer force will be too difficult.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 01:18:39 AM by kuilfrayt »

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2013, 08:30:39 AM »
Just registered so I can report some errors in the current translation.

achievements.txt
00851EEC: Conditions: Win 200 battles

Dialogue.txt
007F0EFC: ...Lately, this place has felt really empty.@Isn't this supposed to be the main street?
007F0F48: It's currently nine in the morning. @It's usually around this time that the people are the most@busy, and the village gets more and more active, but...

menus.txt
0084C5D0: level up bonuses, and use special items here.
0084CBB8: Distribute level up bonuses
0084C774: Choose the character whose bonuses you wish to distribute
0084D930: Reset all of a character's level up bonuses and skill points.

Also, some of the descriptions for menu options are not correctly punctuated. I mean, some descriptions are written as:

while others are written as:

0084D930: Reset all of a character's level up bonus and skill points.

Should I report those things or left them now? Same thing happens with menu texts with and without capital letters.

EDIT: An additional fix:

007E0A1C: An item that increases a character's maximum TP when used.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:53:08 AM by Ghildrean »

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »
Thanks for all of those.

Also, some of the descriptions for menu options are not correctly punctuated. I mean, some descriptions are written as:

while others are written as:

0084D930: Reset all of a character's level up bonus and skill points.

For menu stuff, I generally consider punctuation to be optional. For the most part I've just been more-or-less replicating the original Japanese punctuation use (which is always a crapshot).

I might go through the menu stuff and remove the periods later, but for now I'll just leave them alone.

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »
More fixes. All of them are edits so they don't go out of screen, don't know if you are interested in them now or want to leave them for later.

? items.txt
007EB458: Bottled white liquid. Damage done to enemies covered in this comes back
007EB3F8: as healing by 60% of damage done. Just as unsettling as the Sniper's Jarate.

007E9FA8: If you fall from the ledge and talk to the professor, you get this normal
007E9F48: version, and bad things will happen later.  Ver2.0 is easier to use.

007E43C0: Smelt 2 weapons used by the same class to get a scrap metal; combine 3 scrap
007E4350: metals to get reclaimed metal, then combine 3 of those and you get this. You
007E42E8: need 3-4 of this to make headgears. They cover your head, but don't give any bonuses.
007E4280: Even so, if you want a hat, the quickest way is to just fork over some cash.

007E3CA8: Since whether a soul is evil or not is completely subjectively judged by
007E3C68: Reimu and co., there were a lot of innocent souls wrongly sealed up.

007E1D78: Whoever took this kind of stuff probably wasn't thinking at all. Take
007E1D38: everything that's not nailed down or on fire: that's the way of an adventurer.

007E1AD8: A leaf that's beautiful even amongst all the leaves from this Great Tree that
007E1AA0: suddenly appeared. Since it's grown on this rather mysterious great tree,

The red string will go out of screen. The description should be retranslated to keep it inside the screen, but for now I only edited the entire description to minimize the leaks.

Also, don't know if it's from the translation patch or a bug in the original game, but I think there is one line that for some reason is incorrectly placed:
007E3778: Chunks of strong enmity and power.
007E3750: But it doesn't drop from strong enemies.

is displayed as:

007E3778: Chunks of strong enmity and power.
007E1D38: Take everything that's not nailed down or on fire: that's the way of an adventurer.

? special_items.txt
007E0FF0: A key occasionally found within the Great Tree, designed to open chests
007E0FD0: that require keys. Note that it disappears upon use.

007E0844: A blade that belongs to Youmu Konpaku, the half-ghost swordmaster and
007E0818: gardener of Hakugyokurou. For some reason, Cirno decided to steal it.

007E07D0: The umbrella that is said to be the true form of the umbrella youkai Kogasa
007E0780: Tatara. Its shaft is badly damaged, so it can't really be used as an umbrella.

007E0710: Tatara. The umbrella's shaft had been fixed. It'll defend you from any
007E06E8: rainstorm. The design is obviously untouched, though,
007E06A0: so it still gives off the mood of an unpopular umbrella.

EDIT: BTW, this one should be changed:

007E4424: Fragment of Refined Iron

to

007E4424: Fragment of Refined Metal

The item is a reference to Team Fortress 2 (the description makes it clear), and it's called Refined Metal there.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:17:38 PM by Ghildrean »

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2013, 11:09:05 PM »
Also, don't know if it's from the translation patch or a bug in the original game, but I think there is one line that for some reason is incorrectly placed:

That's a problem with items.txt specifically, since it contained old addresses and new addresses mixed. It caused a number of problems, but they should all be fixed now. I just didn't bother to post a new exe.

Thanks again.

NLTM

• Fuck You Marisa
  • I mean, Fuck.
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2013, 02:08:41 AM »
I can't really do anything to help out with the translation, but I just wanted to point out that what y'all doing is hells of appreciated, so thanks! Sometimes some validation is nice~  :3

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2013, 03:22:31 AM »
Small error
0084E2F0: To The 15th Floor Center West
Should be To The 14th Floor Center West

Other system stuff, the stuff in 13F-15F
007DCB4C: Temperature %d.%d℃
If it doesn't fit, just use Temp.
007F504C: The temperature on this floor has been reinitialized.

I'll try to get achievements done this weekend
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 03:24:37 AM by kuilfrayt »

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »
Got em. Had to shorten it to "Temp", but the degree sign works fine at least.

Also, if you go down a floor, at least from 16F -> 15F, you end up on the staircase, causing it to ask you once again if you want to switch floors.

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2013, 07:54:07 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that the British spelling for "centre" has been used.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2013, 08:00:31 PM »
Center and Centre were both used, doesn't change much.

All the stuff that is not consistent will be changed when we get to it, and start really spellchecking and bug fixing the patch, it's not the biggest concern right now.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »
I'm kind of surprised that the British spelling for "centre" has been used.

Didn't Touhou laby 1 use "armour" and "colour"?

Wymar

• ⑨⑨
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »

Yup.

« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2013, 11:10:09 PM »
1.140 is out. Naturally, all of the string addresses have changed.

Regal, Kuil, if you're working on any files, please send what you have. I absolutely don't want a repeat of items.txt with addresses from 2 different versions. I'll post an updated string dump and the updated translation files sometime tomorrow.

It sounds like there's also some new menu options, e.g. for hard mode and NG+. I'll post an updated exe for people once I get that stuff translated.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2013, 11:15:10 PM »
http://pastebin.com/v8SNDqrH
Here's the (a bit) updated achievements

So this is the whole changelog: (taken from /jp/)
-After clearing the game you can start over with all characters unlocked from the beginning. After applying the patch you have to defeat the last boss again to set it.
-Increased strengthening cost at the library. No big difference in the beginning, but from Lv50 on it will become grave. After applying the patch the levels will be recalculated.
-Chain battle bonus maximum decreased to +100%.
-When starting a NEW GAME you can now choose "Hard Mode".
In hard mode you can only increase status levels up to your exp level and cannot fight bosses when above the challenge level.
Now, if you defeat the last boss, clearing hard mode and save this flag, these limiters will be released.
-Changed some boss abilities. Some became stronger, some weaker. Overall stronger.
-Corrected bugs related to achievments. Also lowered some requirements.
-Decreased the effects of exp-increasing skills.
-Inserted some of the missing effects.
-Changed some characters' abilities and skills. Raising and lowering.
-Fixed bugs, misspellings, skill effects and others. About 30 total?

Edit: They've just released 1.141
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:10:30 AM by kuilfrayt »

jaxter0987

« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »
Unrelated but...

Yup.
How? Those stats...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 10:38:01 AM by jaxter0987 »