Author Topic: Civilization/4x Thread: "One More Turn" support group  (Read 1066 times)

Civilization/4x Thread: "One More Turn" support group
« on: July 13, 2013, 03:21:16 PM »
So, the newest Civ V expansion (Brave New World) is out, and I know a bunch of people here have picked it up.

I've only played a little bit of it so far, but my initial impressions are pretty favorable. The new civs/units look pretty interesting (I've only played as Inca so far, but Slingers are pretty fun). There's a lot of content I'll probably have to dive into, and I imagine I'll get a good few dozen hours out of it all.

As for other 4x games, I've really enjoyed Endless Space; it may just be "yet another" space 4x game in the vein of Master of Orion or Galactic Civilizations, but I love the sheer amount of fluff and lore, plus the dev's approach to encouraging player-created content seems pretty intriguing.

Your thoughts on BNW, or any genre recommendations?

Re: Civilization/4x Thread: "One More Turn" support group
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 03:45:40 PM »
[shameless plug] I'm doing an AI war let's play[/shameless plug] It's kind of strange, 4X/tower defense hybrid, but if makes you have to take advantage of what resources the RNG has dealt you.

Endless space's combat leaves something to be desired, whoever starts the combat wins needs to be fixed, and a precedence of actions needs to be a thing.
i.e a planet upgrading/building phase, then a ship movements/combat phase.
Do something so you can't keep fleets in unassailable warps and that starting a combat isn't an I win button.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Civilization/4x Thread: "One More Turn" support group
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:34:06 PM »
Civ5 was good but i feel it was a step down from 4 kinda.
But anyway, age of wonders 3 is looking like itll be out somewhat soon (date not announced yet, but it has a website) and as long as they dont ruin it, itll be great... Kinda nervous though since '3' is a pretty bad luck number in terms of game sequels for me, master of orion 3 being the biggest culprit.

Nobody should not try age of wonders =p.