Author Topic: Zombies Running at Mach Speed? - L4D's new chapter involving your sweat  (Read 1851 times)

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/07/dont-be-nervous-but-valve-is-measuring-your-sweat-right-now/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

"Anyway, Valve?s in-house mad scientist, Mike Ambinder, discussed experiments where players? overall nervousness and agitation were measured, in part by recording sweatiness. If players began to show signs of nervousness or fear, the game would speed up. This new control scheme?mouse, keyboard, sweat-measuring skin pads?added another way for the player to interact with the game. Shoot zombie, reload pistols, keep calm. Signal for rescue, throw molotov, keep calm."

So by adding sweat to the game, the difficulty arises. A new gimmick?

What does anyone else think about what Valve is doing this time.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:36:51 AM by Kyo Tanaka »

The Hating Hater

• What's the deal?
  • YO~!
Zombie Run just popped up in my mind when I saw the title. Anyway, this has few problems if it does happen.

Can't say L4d is the kind of game that this would work on me. Being that its less of a horror game and more a game of mow down the cannon fodder that causes adrenaline bursts.

The only times my hand sweat is when playing something that's slow paced, tedious, and has a high sense of danger. Like building dirt bridges over the void in minecraft.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games

just saying

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
If you read the article, he never says outright the system is for L4D. It just appears to be an assumption.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

AnonymousPondScum

Sheesh, why not wait until we're all cyborgs and then just let us download a firmware update that feeds our biometric data in real time to the game via wireless? :V