Author Topic: [Let's Play] Ozzy's Let's Plays - **New Computer and 4 New Videos!**  (Read 3485 times)

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
Greetings!

For a long while now I've been making Let's Play videos on my youtube channel. As a Danmakufu scripter, I like doing Let's Play's of random danmakufu scripts that I find interesting or just have a lot to say about. In addition, I'm also currently going through (slowly) Labyrinth of Touhou using a draft picked team (watch the beginning of episode 1 if you want more info on that).

I have many episodes of each uploaded so I thought it's about time I make a thread to get some more exposure. I'll make a new post every once in a while when new videos are uploaded. I'd like to have 2 new videos a week uploaded but due to a variety of reasons both IRL and otherwise I may not be able to (or I just might be too lazy to). I also occasionally upload new videos of Let's Fail Touhou but I won't be posting about that here.

Let's Play Danmakufu
Episode [1] - Yukari Yakumo by AJS
Episode [2] - Mima by Shockman
Episode [3] (Part 1) & (Part 2) - Frightening Foe Story by Trickysticks
Episode [4] - Land of Codes and Apertures Contest Entry #1 by Trickysticks
Episode [5] - LOCAA Contest Entry #2 by Byzantheryx
Episode [6] - LOCAA Contest Entry #3 by ExPorygon (Me)
Episode [7] - 東方邪星章 ~ The Last Comer
Episode [8] - LOCAA Contest Entry #4 by Matteo
Episode [9] - LOCAA Contest Entry #5 by Miplouf Saigyouki
Episode [10] - LOCAA Contest Entry #6 by AJS
Episode [11] - LOCAA Rumia Boss Battle by Fonduemaster
Episode [12] - PokeDigiDanmaku v0.16 by Sparen
Episode [13] - Cirno Lake Battle by arby26
Episode [14] - Alice PC-98 Battle by Matteo
Episode [15] - Luminous Dream by professor_scissors
Episode [16] - Simple Patchouli Battle by TalosMistake
Episode [17] - The Alternative Age (feat. Daemoniken)
[Episode 18] - PokeDigiDanmaku v1.37 by Sparen
[Episode 19] - Minamitsu Murasa by Ck Crash]
[Episode 20] - LOCAA Contest #3 Entry by Fonduemaster
[Episode 21] - Yukari Yakumo (Updated!) by AJS

Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou
Episode [1] - Getting Started
Episode [2] - Chen and Beyond
Episode [3] - How to Melt and Ice Fairy
Episode [4] - Exterminate and Destroy
Episode [5] - The Doll Master's Gauntlet
Episode [6] - Flowing Hellfire
Episode [7] - The Power of Hakurei

Other
Resurrection of Heaven's Liquor

Finally, if anyone has any suggestions for Danmakufu scripts to play, feel free to suggest them. Thanks, and enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:45:06 AM by Ozzy »

Re: [Let's Play] Ozzy's Let's Plays - Danmakufu and Labyrinth of Touhou
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:13 PM »
I really enjoyed your Labyrinth of Touhou videos! Your commentary was really informative and enjoyable, as well.

Also, that clutch Alice kill was too good.
"I'm a nurse!"
-Nurse Hasumi, Cave Story

ExPorygon

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »
I really enjoyed your Labyrinth of Touhou videos! Your commentary was really informative and enjoyable, as well.

Also, that clutch Alice kill was too good.
Thanks for the complement! It's comments like yours that make me more motivated to continue recording videos.

Expect a new upload soon!

Keegster2

• Green shroom
  • The guy that was dead for like 5 years
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »
Your voice is very nice and relaxed. I will be eagerly waiting for more!  ;)
"I'll give you old-timey, you mountebank!"

ExPorygon

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:15:41 PM »
Your voice is very nice and relaxed. I will be eagerly waiting for more!  ;)
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Anyway, update time!

Let's Play Danmakufu [14]
Let's Play Danmakufu [15]
Let's Play Danmakufu [16]

Number 15 is particularly important as it features a relatively well-known fangame, Luminous Dream, by MotK's very own professor_scissors.

There are no updates for LP Labyrinth of Touhou because the end-of-term crunch time here at my school is fast approaching. Labyrinth of Touhou videos generally take more time to record and edit so don't expect any more of these for at least another 2 weeks probably.

Keegster2

• Green shroom
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 02:25:30 AM »
You were really lucky when fighting Alice. Go Reimu!

Also, why did you change the portraits? I liked a lot of them, and you sometimes confuse Aya with Reimu. (The first time you changed them, I thought that they leveled up ranked up or something.)

Last thing, why did you change Alice and Youmu's portraits? You aren't going to use them.

For Danmakufu, I always like it when you play full games. Keep up the good work! (If I had the game, I could make some scripts for you!)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:27:28 AM by Keegster2 »

ExPorygon

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 04:21:03 AM »
You were really lucky when fighting Alice. Go Reimu!
The funny thing is the same exact thing apparently happened to my friend.

Also, why did you change the portraits? I liked a lot of them, and you sometimes confuse Aya with Reimu. (The first time you changed them, I thought that they leveled up ranked up or something.)
A lot of my computer's hardrive memory was lost due to (we think) a virus so that's why the portraits were different. I either couldn't get some of them back or found new ones that I liked better. That said, I still need to change around some of them, especially since I've heard of new ones being made.

Last thing, why did you change Alice and Youmu's portraits? You aren't going to use them.
IIRC I just got a character portrait pack from a friend to start and just threw them in.

For Danmakufu, I always like it when you play full games. Keep up the good work! (If I had the game, I could make some scripts for you!)
Not sure if you know this but Danmakufu is free to download.

Keegster2

• Green shroom
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 04:39:05 AM »
I know that it's free, it's just that applocal shenanigans prevent me from playing it (A.K.A it crashes when I try to start it up). (Also, I'm using Windows 8.)

But, nonetheless, I enjoy your videos.

ExPorygon

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »
Uploaded 2 more videos! These were recorded on my livestreaming channel and were sitting on my computer for a while. I present Let's Play's of The Alternative Age and Resurrection of Heaven's Liquor, both featuring my good friend Daemoniken as co-commentator. I'd like to perhaps have Daemoniken on again in the future so let me know if you would like that.

Also, if you would like to follow my livestreaming channel, it's here. I usually play the official Touhou games and sometimes Danmakufu games for people im in a skype call with at the time. I'm also playing Pokemon Emerald recently as part of a "challenge run".

Also as an update, school for me has long been over but I'm about to go on a week long camping trip (with little to no internet or electricity) so don't expect anything for a little while. When I get back, I'm going to try my best to get in to an upload routine. In addition, there MAY be one more video uploaded before I leave.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:16:35 PM by Ozzy »

ExPorygon

Re: [Let's Play] Ozzy's Let's Plays - **New Computer and 4 New Videos**
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 06:40:22 AM »
Heeeeeey everyone (or the 2 people that follow this thread) my youtube channel is back up an running now that I've got my computer fixed AND got a brand new computer besides! So, I've gone ahead and uploaded 4 new episodes of Let's Play Danmakufu: [18], [19], [20], and [21].

I will probably be getting back to LoT soon, once I get on a regular upload schedule for it. Also, I'm going to eventually be playing through the top 10 Danmakufu entries of RaNGE's recent Danmakufu contest.

Finally, to the few people that follow me, I've been recently wondering if I talk too much at the start of videos. I noticed that several of my videos I have several minutes of me just explaining stuff about the script I'm about to play. I'm wondering if I should just start playing it sooner.