Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 208727 times)

Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2013, 02:44:51 PM »
Critical damage bonuses are working oddly. Running around punching porings with a +9 backpack I was dealing just under 1.96x damage. Upon taking the backpack off I dealt the expected 1.4x damage on a crit. Using a +9 Durga with The Paper card and no backpack gave a similar crit damage ratio as fists+backpack, though harder to be exact because of the random damage.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »
Heroic Backpack gives bonuses to ATK as well as crit rate when +9, that's probably what it's from?

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
Can't be, the damage ratios are relative to the non-crit I was doing with the same gear, as well as the test with no backpack but a different source of crit damage mod giving similar results. IIRC the fists+backpack was 421 damage white, 824 crit.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
Hmm, I'll look into it, right now I'm fixing the buggy ASPD because under decrease agi I'm getting 193 ASPD rofl.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2013, 10:50:35 PM »
Curse me and my inability to post/keep up with things regularly. I suppose I should throw up a list too, right?

XephyrEnigma - High Archer 5x/4x
MysteriousWind - Swordsman 3x/1x
UnknownBreeze - Novice(Magician) 1x/10
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2013, 11:31:45 AM »
Critical damage bonuses are working oddly. Running around punching porings with a +9 backpack I was dealing just under 1.96x damage. Upon taking the backpack off I dealt the expected 1.4x damage on a crit. Using a +9 Durga with The Paper card and no backpack gave a similar crit damage ratio as fists+backpack, though harder to be exact because of the random damage.
Confirmed for some reason it's doing 1.4 * 1.4 critical damage if ANY crit damage increasing gear is present, regardless of how much it's supposed to do. I'm trying to track down the faulty line of code. Once I get that sorted out and one other thing I'll have a server update primed and ready. I've already tackled ASPD and left hand MATK.

Also something I've discovered in my testing is double attacks do in fact take priority over crits, and there is a hidden bonus to Double Attack that adds +1 HIT per level IF a double attack triggers. I will be obviously fixing the code to accommodate this.

Server is currently experience connectivity issues due to inclement weather. I apologize, nothing I can do about it for now :(

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:26 AM »
In the meantime, my Priest guide has been updated to include TU priest build. ME and Battle Priest builds coming soon!

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2013, 05:36:12 PM »
Server has been patched!

Fixes applied:
  • ASPD fixed (hopefully for good). Decrease AGI no longer gives you super powers and poison bottles are at their proper ASPD improvement.
  • Nasty poison status bug quashed. By design it's supposed to stop damaging you (but still be active) if you're at 25% HP or less, but not kill you. Instead it was actually killing you! (eek!)
  • Left hand MATK is now taken into account when dual wielding weapons with +MATK (biggest benefit being to Kagerou/Oboro). Start doublefisting Bazeralds!
  • Critical damage corrected and bonuses are now properly applying. No more double crit damage from just a single Paper card. >>
  • Knight skill Auto Counter behavior corrected to official. Auto Counter actually obeys your ASPD, it is not a zero delay attack (and thus not a replacement for actual ASPD). Damage is still way off (it's 2.5x what it's supposed to be) but I'm having trouble finding the culprit.
  • Shield Chain and Shield Boomerang should be working now, please let me know if any other skills are broken or not functioning properly.

Initial Port Malay NPCs have been added, not sure how much of it is functional. Malandgo is now fully complete, all functionality should be present and accounted for. Beginnings of Mora have been added, same caveat applies.

I will have exchange NPCs for KVM gear up shortly, just finishing the final touches on exchange rates. Same goes with Mora gear NPCs, so hang onto those handcuffs and bloody runes!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:04:01 PM by helvetica »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #398 on: May 16, 2013, 06:36:34 PM »
Sorry about that, server crashed. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.

e: Majildian what exactly are you doing when it crashes, because you're the one causing it. I need to know what to track down :(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:45:17 PM by helvetica »

« Reply #399 on: May 16, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »
Was suspecting that after the second time. Both times I was in combat with a Miming on the Bifrost Bridge map (bif_fild01).

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #400 on: May 16, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
Thanks, that'll help me track this down.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #401 on: May 16, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
Found the crash, almost done fixing.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2013, 10:01:19 PM »
Server's back, sorry for that. That was a nasty bug I inflicted on myself orz

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2013, 01:07:19 AM »
brb going to buy handcuffs off of majildian

gotta get my kvm jamadhar yo

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2013, 01:35:23 AM »
Server's back, again :|

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2013, 01:52:06 AM »
you sure about that :derp:

edit: nm

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2013, 02:01:30 AM »
:| I tried to get clever and rewrite this guy's attack routines and he's got it set up so massively convoluted it makes me want to tear my eyeballs out. I guess, I'm sure it makes sense but running on no sleep in almost 2 days is probably not helping me understand it. It's not bad code just... I really should sit down and read the whole thing through before tearing it apart.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:28:28 AM by helvetica »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2013, 04:21:19 AM »
I think my Malangdo quests got bugged :ohdear: I brought Chef Nyas the food he requested but he couldn't detect it in my inventory for some reason, unless I just need to bring ingredients, but that hardly makes sense. The (repeatable) food delivery quest is a prereq for the completion of the repeatable Bug Cleanup quest, which I did at the same time, so I'm basically stuck with two useless quests I'll never complete.

e: nvm i'm a bloody idiot. Does the Clean the Ship quest check for the cookies in your inventory?
Spoiler:
I accidentally ate them all :colonveeplusalpha:

e2 (since I'm loath to doublepost for some reason): Warm Wind's bugged now. I do the same damage to any given monster with any element.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:31:24 AM by AAAAAAAAAAAAB »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2013, 06:39:39 PM »
Sigh, I'll work on it. D:

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2013, 08:50:53 PM »
Mild Wind (and endows too wtf) looks to have been completely broken this entire time, so not my fault :v
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:25:38 PM by helvetica »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2013, 12:09:49 AM »
Mild Wind (and endows too wtf) looks to have been completely broken this entire time, so not my fault :v

oh really? o_O

That's really weird. Cause it felt like it was working right a long time ago... Maybe just me though :ohdear:

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2013, 01:37:36 AM »
oh really? o_O

That's really weird. Cause it felt like it was working right a long time ago... Maybe just me though :ohdear:
Renewal ATK has been in for... a week (5/9 according to my update log)? So it was most likely working a long time ago.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2013, 01:47:49 AM »
PS I made the Angeling/Deviling tag to identify HatRO players and is available to anyone who wants it, just ask.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2013, 02:43:33 AM »
Time to wait then :V You'd best get some (more) sleep anyway.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2013, 05:06:13 AM »
Time to wait then :V You'd best get some (more) sleep anyway.
I have it patched, I've also fixed Acid Demonstration not applying element properly (it isn't quite pure neutral, it's forced neutral). Only thing I need to fix is Cart Cannon before I deploy it.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
Plants seem to be behaving weirdly right now.  Every melee counts as a double attack, and with Double Attack I'm hitting them 4 times per click.  Each time is for 1, but if I'm unarmed, it's doing the initial hit as 1 and the follow-up as 97 (unarmed my attack is 96 + 1).  Skills are also doing more than the standard 1 hit of damage.
I thought I'd bring this up because Yellow Plants are no longer a challenge anymore and it's really imbalancing the game.

(Apparently this is making Emps super easy to break right now?  Not sure if this is intentional or not but I thought I'd bring it up just in case.)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2013, 01:56:29 PM »
Thanks for bringing it up, I've added it to the list of things to fix.

Server will be going down shortly as my ISP's tech will be here soon and will most likely cut my connection off as they fix the line. Apologies!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
Thanks for bringing it up, I've added it to the list of things to fix.

Server will be going down shortly as my ISP's tech will be here soon and will most likely cut my connection off as they fix the line. Apologies!

Thanks for the heads up! Appreciate all the effort you've spent thus far on fixing nasty bugs and stuff. Give me a ring sometime if you need help on researching crap

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »
Continuing work on renewal ATK. Should be more or less finished with maybe a few issues here and there.

Notable fixes:
  • Mild Wind works again!
  • No more doing crazy damages to plants!
  • Acid Demonstration and Cart Cannon now properly receive benefits from endows and elemental bonuses then skill is forced back to neutral (or element of cannon ball in case of Cart Cannon) for final damage calculation. Easiest explanation is endows and weapon element do affect damage and help, but you'll always miss on ghost 3/4 property monsters (0% neutral)
  • Soul Breaker now working according to renewal behaviors. Still doing a teensy bit too much damage as MDEF is not being applied yet but will be once magic attack is rewritten.
  • Other numerous skills corrected or updated with official behaviors.
  • Big one, VITDEF now applying damage reduction per hit rather than against total damage (as per official behavior). Big defense change.

As usual please leave feedback if anything is wonky or not working right!

e: figured out why ice pick crits were less, because the ice pick effect was getting turned off if you get a crit when it should have been left on. Ignore def overrides ice pick (because there's no def at all for it to bonus off of, it's calculated at def reduction time).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 04:22:30 PM by helvetica »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2013, 04:43:42 PM »
TSOcchi 2godtier4godtier :*