Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 209893 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #330 on: May 06, 2013, 12:19:04 PM »
Mailed you the card, I hope. Let me know if it didn't turn up, because if not, it's lost in the mail.

Thanks for the card! ^^

After transcending my Assassin, I spent the better part of tonight getting a +7 Quadruple Stun Main Gauche, and have plans to get another one once I hit Assassin Cross. They will likely be hilariously underpowered and fall out of usability once I start fighting monsters with more VIT.

:V 100 VIT for stun immunity, kapische?

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #331 on: May 06, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »
Hmm. Since making a Sorcerer build is a long way off, here's what I've got in mind for a Professor build. How does this look?

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pro.html?10GKDAGA1FSkKGCgAaCaN1qsaobx

I'm debating on whether I should focus on Free Cast or Safety Wall, though, because those should help a lot with cast time issues (not that Foresight wouldn't already help with that). So yeah, probably Free Cast. Also I wasn't sure whether to focus on Thunderstorm or Heaven's Drive for an AoE spell, but went with Thunderstorm for the sake of extra damage on frozen enemies. Increase SP recovery is kinda pointless when Indulge seems so much more useful (especially if paired with a Vitata card for healing or something). Thoughts?

EDIT: Or I could find out that Soul Siphon is useless in PvE and have to rethink things. Eh, I'll do that later.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:52:39 PM by Matsyzono Love »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #332 on: May 06, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »
Heaven's Drive has more practical applications because Earth element spells aren't that common.

Safety Wall has more party applications than Free Cast, so I recommend that.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #333 on: May 06, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »
Hmm, point.

What about Hindsight? Is it really that useful?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #334 on: May 06, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »
Hindsight is terrible if you're not doing a physical attacker Prof/Sorc build.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #335 on: May 06, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »
Hmm, I can probably drop that in favor of other things, then.

EDIT: Okay how's this http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pro.html?10GKDAIxbobqrfdpgNaCbneAqAaobx
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:22:59 PM by Matsyzono Love »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #336 on: May 06, 2013, 10:14:49 PM »
What are you looking to do? IMO there's two classes of builds for professor, pure support (which means land protector is absolutely necessary), or battlebolt (abusing freecast/hindsight for autobolting). 

If you're going for battlebolt getting the bolts to 10 is key, as well as getting at least hindsight 4 and freecast 10. Double bolt stacks with autobolting so you could hit an insane amount of DPS with it. Also strongly consider getting fiber lock and maxing stone curse because fiber lock + stone curse + fire bolt = ded. Stone curse turns the monster into Earth 1 element (which increases fire damage by 1.5x) and fiber lock increases fire damage by 2.5x on top of that.

If you're pure support you really don't need to max anything bolt wise, just enough to get prereqs for the land skills + max magnetic earth. Dispell is situationally good, in PvE it can undo turn undead but that's about it.

You don't need to max spell breaker or cast cancel or magic rod, just get enough for your prereqs.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:22:59 PM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #337 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »
Oh, battlebolting for sure. I already have a support character and she never gets a chance to shine anyway :v

Good to know though, I think that's what I'll do.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #338 on: May 06, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »
Stat wise if you're battlebolting, it's a balancing act between STR, AGI, and INT (with decent VIT for survivability). More AGI means more swings to proc autobolt, more STR means more physical attack and more INT means more magical attack. There's two styles of battlebolt:

STR 1
AGI/INT 80-90
VIT 40-50
DEX 1 or DEX 30

This one you play unarmed (or use a very fast mod MATK weapon like Bazerald) and just pump AGI/INT (80 each) like crazy. This aims for as much ASPD as possible to trigger autobolt and completely negating physical attack. You basically start a long lvl 10 bolt spell, walk up and start punching the monster, and hopefully in that time you'll get a couple of autobolts off. You don't need as much VIT with this one because you'll have high AGI for flee. You really don't need DEX for this build either, as even though your casts are going to be crazy slow, autobolt procs on every physical attack attempt regardless if it actually lands or not. You could theoretically do 1 STR 1 DEX and be the slowest caster ever but it'll work. With the low DEX and somewhat lowish VIT it's not going to play as well in party role but it's fun as hell to punch a tree to death with fire raining down from the sky.

STR/INT 60-70
AGI 20-40
VIT 80-90
DEX 40-50

The other one uses books and aims for even STR/INT (favoring STR) and high VIT, and a little bit of AGI for attack speed. You won't trigger as many autobolts and your bolt damage won't be as high but the physical attack damage should make up for it. This aims for equal STR/INT (something around 60-70 or so) and high VIT (80-90+). You want high VIT because mage classes get crappy armor choices and with the low AGI you're gonna be taking hits. You make up for the low SP pool/regen from lower INT by having a large HP pool to siphon from for indulge. You'll need DEX as well to not waste the STR, something around 50 or so, which will help cast times. AGI probably around 20-40 should be fine, study gives an ASPD bonus per level and books aren't exactly fast to begin with and you'll be wearing a shield as well, further penalizing ASPD. This build would probably be the best hybrid build, as you still get book smacking goodness but you're still useful in party. The high VIT will be key for survivability and indulge spam.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:42:56 PM by helvetica »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #339 on: May 06, 2013, 11:53:48 PM »
Anyone know a good spot for healbombing solo for 90-100? Currently doing Evil Druids/Wraiths in GH St. Abbey but they are level 77/80.
TF2 Server
osu! : omgkitties

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2013, 12:08:18 AM »
If you are where I think you are, head east one screen and fight Dark Priests. I *strongly* suggest using an armor with Evil Druid card in it, since it will make you absolutely immune to the worst of their attacks. (If you don't have one, let me know and I can send you one of my extras.)

(It's also a good Eden hunting quest too, so extra EXP!)

« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2013, 12:16:47 AM »
If you are where I think you are, head east one screen and fight Dark Priests. I *strongly* suggest using an armor with Evil Druid card in it, since it will make you absolutely immune to the worst of their attacks. (If you don't have one, let me know and I can send you one of my extras.)

(It's also a good Eden hunting quest too, so extra EXP!)

Evil Druid card defend against their turn undead spell and the thing that hits really hard?
TF2 Server

« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2013, 12:25:48 AM »
Evil Druid card defend against their turn undead spell and the thing that hits really hard?
Evil druid card makes you undead element.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2013, 12:39:16 AM »
Yeah, that. It makes it so their only attack that really hits you is Holy Cross, but as a healer you should have no trouble with that.

« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2013, 12:41:18 AM »
Can I heal myself if I am undead element? [Edit] Nvm found out myself.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:42:57 AM by omgkitties »
TF2 Server

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #345 on: May 07, 2013, 01:01:14 AM »
Yeah you'll probably have to switch armors when you want to heal, but it's a minor inconvenience if you're quick.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #346 on: May 07, 2013, 01:55:36 AM »
Few days in and I have a High Thief (Anima Zero).  Currently at 35/30 with it.  With another day I should be able to get it to Assassin Cross territory.

Might end up making a Rune Knight or something else in the next couple of days too.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #347 on: May 07, 2013, 04:25:05 AM »
so i made a sage today

c'mere you big dummies

i'm in love

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #348 on: May 07, 2013, 08:38:23 AM »
For all you AFKemists out there, I got Rampage AI Lite working. My little jello cube vani is flying around the map murdering porings and willows right now. Lua is a pretty simple language to pick up :B

Once I work the kinks out of the configuration GUI (it's not working at all right now), I'll put up a package for it. I have a basic configuration that will work for both Ant Hell 1 (targetting only ant eggs) and Orc Dungeon 2.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:42:34 AM by helvetica »

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
« Reply #349 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »
This might just make me get into playing RO again.. but I need to get bored of GDMO a little more.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:48:57 AM by RV29 »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #350 on: May 07, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
Yeah, that. It makes it so their only attack that really hits you is Holy Cross, but as a healer you should have no trouble with that.

If I remembered what property Cross of Darkness LV10 actually was...

IMO, a Bathory-carded armor is also a good choice.

Anyway, when I have more time to play RO (my flight back home is tomorrow) I'll focus on getting my Assassin up to speed (ughhhh soloing melee classes without gear = boring) and also focusing on my "secret plan," ehehe.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »
I find I don't really see a point in levelling any more, so if there's anyone who wants to play my Sorcerer...!

EDIT: Basically, if there's anyone who'd like my account, drop me a line. I reserve the right to refuse if I really don't like you, but I don't think there's many people like that.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #352 on: May 07, 2013, 05:47:12 PM »
Even though the configuration GUI isn't working yet, I've went ahead and uploaded the Homunculus AI package.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/fate/hatonlinere/HatOnlineRE-HomuAI-5-7-2013.zip

Unzip this to your Ragnarok Online folder. To enable, type /hoai until it says "using customized AI" or something to that effect and then rest and resummon your homunculus. By default it is passive, to switch it to aggro mode hit Alt+T. Hit Alt+T again to go back to passive.

RAIL saves its configuration in a statefile. The statefile is located in your Ragnarok Online folder and is named RAIL_State.homu.lua. Here's documentation on all its options:
https://code.google.com/p/ro-rail/wiki/StateFileIndex
If you make changes to the state file just rest and resummon your homunculus for them to take effect.

Right now the default state file has priorities configured for Ant Hell 1 and Orc Dungeon 2. Excluding those listed maps, in aggressive mode it will automatically attack anything in the search radius, including things well beyond its ability to kill so be careful running around in aggressive mode.

Some settings you may want to change are the max search radius and assist behavior. The radius your homunculus will check for targets is currently set to 14 cells, and if it is beyond that it will automatically come back if you start walking. You can increase it by changing the rail_state["MaxDistance"] line. Do note increasing it dramatically increases system resources and can cause heavy client lag if set too high. It will not assist your target and will stick to listed targetting priorities. If you want it to assist you, change rail_state["AssistOptions"]["Owner"] from "indifferent" to "assist". The homunculus will automatically defend you above all else and will go passive on its own if its HP is below 10%.

Another handy option set you might want to change is rail_state["RunAhead"], rail_state["ActorOptions"]["Default"]["KiteDistance"] and
rail_state["ActorOptions"]["Default"]["KiteMode"]. If you have an Amistr or Lif, setting RunAhead to true, then setting a KiteDistance and KiteMode to "tank" will cause your homunculus to run ahead of you and draw aggro and maintain it by kiting at the specified distance. If the target then changes to attack you, it will then close into melee mode and start attacking until it is the main target again. It's also useful if you have a homunculus with a ranged skill like Vanilmirth. I have a Vani and I have KiteDistance set and KiteMode set to "always" so Vani will always kite and only use Caprice to attack. Setting KiteDistance to -1 means it'll never kite and will always stay in melee range of its target.

The AI already has sensible defaults for skill usage, but if you want to tweak them, run the AI at least once so the AI can detect which homunculus you have and populate the default settings. The AI will autocast all buffs as soon as it can, like for example Lif will use Emergency Avoid whenever it can. Amistr will castle if you're under attack, and Vanilmirth (and Lif too probably but I didn't check) will attempt to heal you if you are under 25% HP.

I have no clue if it's been updated for Homunculus S skills or not but I would assume not. I will probably have to do some work expanding the AI if that's the case.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:25:40 PM by helvetica »

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #353 on: May 07, 2013, 06:26:09 PM »
Anima Zero is now offically a SinX at 71/28 currently.  Need to farm a Hydra & Vadon card to put on my soon-to-be created Swordsman's anti High Orc Pike and then things oughta be rolling (Unless I want to farm anything else useful for High Orc slaying).
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »
Anima Zero now at 87/40.  Raging over the fact that Jaguars & Toucans are aggressive and can see through my Cloaking skill when two sites state they should otherwise be completely docile and not want to kill me if I get in their range while hunting down Headless Mules.  Means I might have to get a slotted Full Plate from Mermans instead then.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2013, 08:03:53 PM »
If anyone needs skeleton soldier cards, poke me on IRC with your IGN and I'll mail them to you.
I have like...9 on me due to grinding Payon Cave 2 for zennies.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »
Anima Zero now at 87/40.  Raging over the fact that Jaguars & Toucans are aggressive and can see through my Cloaking skill when two sites state they should otherwise be completely docile and not want to kill me if I get in their range while hunting down Headless Mules.  Means I might have to get a slotted Full Plate from Mermans instead then.
Brasilias is really messed up and noone really knows what the spawns are supposed to be. It was a bRO only region that kRO got later.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »
Brasilias is really messed up and noone really knows what the spawns are supposed to be. It was a bRO only region that kRO got later.
Fair enough.  I managed to get my slotted Full Plate from those Headless Mules so all's good.

88/43 SinX now.  I've got one more item I'd like to get for my spear using Swordsman which I should be able to do by tomorrow since I can grind in an excellent zenny making area when I use some Bubble Gum.

« Reply #358 on: May 09, 2013, 12:08:32 AM »
Meanwhile I think I'll be taking my alchemist to the Clock Tower to hunt Whispers, since I kind of need fabric for things. Secondary goal will be to get a Katar of Piercing Wind for Red Frost, though I wouldn't be surprised if I don't find one.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #359 on: May 09, 2013, 09:27:01 PM »
Initial patch for renewal ATK is in. Things should be a LOT closer to what you should be expecting to see damage wise.