Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 208952 times)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2013, 01:41:48 AM »
Imagining Ammy in front of his computer playing this is oddly amusing.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #271 on: May 01, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »
TSO I don't think Frost Misty applies the debuff against Kasa or anything with boss protocol.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2013, 02:31:06 AM »
I think bosses are immune to all debuffs period.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2013, 03:30:42 AM »
I think bosses are immune to all debuffs period.
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Boss_Protocol
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Frost_Misty
Huh, for some reason I thought Frost Misty was a debuff to water protection, guess it's just Frost Nova 2.0.

Yeah I guess you're gonna need a tank to run with you until you're beefy enough to survive Kasa hits until you can get Jack Frost off.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #274 on: May 01, 2013, 01:17:46 PM »
I had some great ideas for moneymaking...

Until I realized they relied on the monster spawns on jRO Renewal.

Which, obviously, are different from this server's mob spawns. Goddamnit! :derp:

EDIT:

Example, Desert Wolves.

Our Server
DESERT_WOLF
Lv103 HP:9443 ATK:520-579
100% Hit - 380
95% Flee - 369
Spawn:  ra_fild01, 130 (what the fuck)

jRO Renewal
DESERT_WOLF
Lv42 HP:3471 ATK:183-203
100% Hit - 311
95% Flee - 260
Spawn: moc_fild17
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:25:02 PM by Liese-hime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #275 on: May 01, 2013, 05:42:57 PM »
For whatever reason I seem to be struggling to set up hotkeys for my skills in Battle Mode. The suggested commands to start it don't seem to be working. Any ideas?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #276 on: May 01, 2013, 08:56:57 PM »
F12 until you get (up to) 4 skill bars, then go to key bindings?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #277 on: May 02, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »
F12 until you get (up to) 4 skill bars, then go to key bindings?

You do not need to have all 4 skill bars viewed, though obviously you still need to F12 them if you don't have any skills set on those particular bars.

As long as key bindings are set and battlemode is checked, then it should be OK.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #278 on: May 02, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
Huh, you can set key bindings for the additional toolbars?

I was just using them as doubleclick trays for switching my collection of arrows :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #279 on: May 02, 2013, 03:30:04 PM »
Yeah first thing I do is rebind the first row from F1-10 to 1-10 then bind the next three rows to Q-P A-; and Z-/ respectively. Once you're in battle mode might as well use the entire keyboard :b

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2013, 04:01:18 PM »
Huh, makes sense. Might have to mess with that.

Also I don't remember if I asked or not but do the costume slots work? I've finally decided on a very much not-OP free hat but it also sucks so I just want it for decoration :<

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #281 on: May 02, 2013, 05:07:38 PM »
Costume gear is completely separate from normal gear. You can't just put a hat in there and it'll show up, there's actual specific costume gear for those slots. Eventually I'll have it in, I'm holding off on any new NPCs until I can figure out the cash shop in the new client.

Also I'm a core developer for rAthena now. Huzzah? :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #282 on: May 02, 2013, 09:03:27 PM »
Also I'm a core developer for rAthena now. Huzzah? :V

CALLED IT

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2013, 10:25:10 PM »
CALLED IT
Yeah I submitted my patch for ASPD as part of my application and I got approved last night as a core developer. Horray!

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #284 on: May 02, 2013, 11:16:32 PM »
Congratulations!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2013, 05:01:19 AM »

finally i did it again

yes yes i shall take a bow

god dammit

seriously though I think some of these skills are broken because that is really really really really weak even if it is level 1

Is there something wrong or am I doing this all wrong?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2013, 08:15:24 AM »
Zodiac diadems/crowns are now purchasable. I've also added in Adrenaline Rush scrolls as a purchasable consumable. Dular you can indeed go faster now.

Next step is to introduce NPCs to allow you to farm for the various gear that current require features we do not have, or would be unfeasible to do. I'm talking mostly about the Mora/KVM gear. Instead of the usual methods of farming the necessary currency (Mora coins or KVM points), I will have NPCs that will take exchanges from various monster drops and allow you to purchase the gear with it.

The exchanges will be as follows:
Bloody Rune and Rune of Darkness for Mora gear (Rachel Sanctuary and Odin's Temple)
Handcuffs and Research Charts for KVM gear (Biolabs)

I have not decided on the final values yet but expect probably 100-200 per gear item. Yes it's steep but considering you only have to get it once I think it's a reasonable grind. Plus this gives you guys incentives to GET THOSE ACCESS QUESTS DONE and party in fun places!

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2013, 11:00:41 AM »
seriously though I think some of these skills are broken because that is really really really really weak even if it is level 1

Metallic Sound is MATK*120% for 2 hits at level 1 :S

Additional damage is added with levels in Voice Lesson...

>Rachel Sanctuary

fuck, now I have to actually not be lazy. :| yay i got off my butt and did it on my ranger. let's organize rachel sanc runs ok :V

EDIT: TSO, is it possible to add Elven/Hunting Arrows to that list of stuff as well? because Elven Bow/Hunting Bows are obtainable normally but the arrows can only be bought at the Mora Tool Shop Dealer, which is yeah.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:55:38 PM by Liese-hime »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »
This game seems interesting, but it sounds like everyone is so far ahead it would take a LONG time to catch up and everyone seems to know a lot about this game... which is a little discouraging. Is this a "no noobs" sort of thing or a "all comers are accepted" sort of thing, because I'm interested in joining.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2013, 04:58:45 PM »
It's open to everyone who has a forum account and can post here.

« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
This game seems interesting, but it sounds like everyone is so far ahead it would take a LONG time to catch up and everyone seems to know a lot about this game... which is a little discouraging. Is this a "no noobs" sort of thing or a "all comers are accepted" sort of thing, because I'm interested in joining.
I'm a total noob too, and i seem to be learning all right, be warned the tutorial section of the game can't really cope with the massive exp boost, so you may need to look for help with the UI.
the iRO wiki is a good resource, don't worry.

We're at a weekend or two's dedicated play.
Grinding to lvl 99 twice, second time round at half speed, sounds much  worse than it is in practice.

The Eden Group gear quests will get you nearly the whole way first time and farming  proper gear (and the repeatable Eden quests) will get past most of the next set with little torture (until 90+).

After you hit 3rd job i.e. lvl99-150 the pace slows down a lot and you'll be doing group content, dungeon entrance quests or farming for rare gear/card drops.

We're at the "end game" but the content is much, much slower to get through and we need all the help we can get with it.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2013, 05:37:10 PM »
You'll do 1-99 trans in about a couple of days, a week at most. It sounds like we're all uber done but in reality our highest character is 124 (an FS archbishop :v :v :v), followed by me at 116 (a tank :v). Level cap is 160. The game slows SIGNIFICANTLY down once you hit third job.

What renewal did was make 1-99 anything more than a speed bump. Really 1-99 trans you don't have to do anything except Eden quests for gear and XP. No need for dedicated levelling gear, no need to grind for anything stupid, just do Eden quests for the base gear and grind. Once you hit third job then you have to grind for your proper gear and stuff and there's a lot more emphasis on group play. We've all kind of hit a wall for XP since we can't do anything solo anymore without massive investment of time or resources, and the more people we can get the better.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2013, 05:46:04 PM »
Oh god I just realized what Cross Impact is for. It's not Sonic Blow 2.0, it's sonic blow for NOT KATAR WEAPONS. I had no clue CI could be used on any weapon. And I don't need to respec back to AGI! I can just stick with my SBK build :I
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:48:08 PM by helvetica »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2013, 05:53:50 PM »
Ah, okay. Is there any character archetype you're lacking (fighter, mage, buffer, debuffer, medic, etc.)? Just wondering because I don't want to pick one archetype only to realize there's already too much of that archetype (I understand multiple classes can be within one archetype, it's just picking one out that I need to do in addition to actually registering for this game).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2013, 06:00:48 PM »
We don't have any ninjas or gunslingers yet, do we? Though how valid they are in endgame is something I cannot answer :V
(Though I may give ninja a try just for the hell of it.)

Also, I keep forgetting to ask: who is who when it comes to in-game names? It feels weird playing and only seeing a bunch of unfamiliar names :P
(for the sake of adding my own: Hinamatsuri (Wanderer), Honoka (TK Master))

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2013, 06:02:38 PM »
I haven't really done much since hitting level 99 besides farm basic gear as well.

Which reminds me I should get some access quests done in the meantime.

Tengukami

« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »
Yukimori (Priest). Currently getting my hand-eye coordination with my hotkeys polished by bringing the pain to Payon Cave (although other locations of undead creatures would be great, too).

The one named Tengukami screwed up his Acolyte Quest, and is now sitting somewhere in the dark, windy void of the server, a collection of lonely 0s and 1s, unseen and unheard.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »
Yukimori (Priest). Currently getting my hand-eye coordination with my hotkeys polished by bringing the pain to Payon Cave (although other locations of undead creatures would be great, too).

I don't know how valid this is because servers vary and this was long before Renewal, but the old server I used to play on had a really nice grinding place in the Glast Heim Prison. Skeleton Prisoners were hilariously slow so you could just healbomb them for tons of EXP. Again, I have my doubts that that is still a thing.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2013, 06:18:21 PM »
They're a thing once you're in level range. Underprison hasn't really been changed, it's just the monsters are in the 90+ range so no point doing them until then.

Tengukami

« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »
I don't know how valid this is because servers vary and this was long before Renewal, but the old server I used to play on had a really nice grinding place in the Glast Heim Prison. Skeleton Prisoners were hilariously slow so you could just healbomb them for tons of EXP. Again, I have my doubts that that is still a thing.

Looking through Glast Heim in general it looks like a veritable smorgasbord for me. I'm lvl 61, so a lot of these guys are totally in my range. Thanks!

Payon was fun, but just as I was approaching the entrance to the third level, I was informed that I was carrying too much stuff to recover HP or SP. So while I picked up 50k zeny in the second level alone, my greedy ass had me walking back out to sell it all. I'll have to be less money hungry going back in. On the plus side, I have two cards that I'm curious about doing something with: an Ambernite card and a Soldier Skeleton card.  The former is kinda meh - +2 DEF - but the latter adds a +9% critical rate.

I'm already having fun using a freakin' Bible as a weapon, and wonder if carding it would be worth it. Likewise the Ambernite card for the Saint's Robe.