Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 207532 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2013, 09:31:20 AM »
But I already broke all my Dress Hats. :(
I AM IN DESPAIR.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:28 AM »
Not my problem overachiever :b I already broke a ton of stuff too :D

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2013, 11:19:03 AM »
The saddest part is that with my Dress Hats, none of them made it past +7. :(

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »
Another tip for early acolyte leveling is to have 2 different hotkeys for Heal at different skill lvls. Like Heal lvl 10 and Heal lvl 4. You use Heal lvl 10 to heal bomb, and Heal lvl 4 to heal yourself. You can even heal bomb say a Skeleton at Heal Lvl 10, then hit it with the weaker Heal Lvl 4 for more efficiency if the combined damage still kills them. Why spend 40 + 40 SP to kill something when you could possibly just use 40 + 22 SP instead? Experiment with it.

This is really good advice. I hadn't even considered this before.

If you're bothered to or you can, heal bombing Firelocks at Amatsu Dun. 1 is also a pretty good alternative; problem is that they have ranged attacks and kind of hurt so it's a mixed bag. Though they give much more experience than the small fry in Payon Dun :V

This I'm also having in mind. I've been meaning to practice Pneuma somehow, so it's good to know where manageable range attacks can be found.

So I beefed up my INT to a respectable level, and am proceeding from here.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 01:58:55 PM by Yuki Mori »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »
There's some usefulness to having KE higher, even though it doesn't stack with Assumptio (they cancel eachother out)

Chiefly, you want to cast KE on your casters so they won't get spell-interrupted.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2013, 02:55:36 PM »
Chiefly, you want to cast KE on your casters so they won't get spell-interrupted.

They obviously need to get Phen-carded armor instead!

Right?!

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Bardiche

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2013, 05:15:22 PM »
Naw.

So hey, Hel, what're we doing about WoE?

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2013, 07:52:54 PM »
WoE will either not happen at all, or will be limited to just 1 castle, and it has to be made in such a way that a GX can't instawin.

I've seen things man, I've seen a GX break an emp in under two seconds.

Bardiche

« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »
Well, I was thinking more about the guild treasure chest drops, without which you can't into Sun God Helm. Sides, filled with monsters etc. Since we're a small server we can just ask people not to use sins or somth.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
This I'm also having in mind. I've been meaning to practice Pneuma somehow, so it's good to know where manageable range attacks can be found.
The big trick to Pneuma is it actually blocks shots in a 3x3 grid around the center green "cloud", so you don't have to stand perfectly within it. It's also line of sight and works in all directions and blocks all ranged attacks regardless if it's friendly or not. So any shots crossing at any point in that 3x3 grid around the Pneuma "cloud" will be blocked, friend or foe. Keep that in mind when using Pneuma in a party scenario with ranged classes.

For the most part if you're soloing you can just plant the Pneuma right in front of the monster and then heal bomb/Holy Light it. Monsters aren't smart enough to realize they're being blocked by Pneuma and reposition as long as you stand still and don't move out of their firing range.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »

Thanks! Been having fun in Payon Cave, going with Angelus -> Increase AGI (me) -> Decrease AGI (it) -> attack, keeping a finger on Heal when it starts going into the yellow. Managed to make the money I needed that way, and I believe I have my stats where I want them to be. I just want to card and refine my new flail, then grind up to 50 before going for Priest. The skills may also need some adjusting, and I'll be using the tips posted here as reference.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Bardiche

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »
BARD GOES CREAMY HUNTING RESULTS
4x Creamy Card
1x Smokie Card
2x Kitty Band
1x Silk Robe

WHAT WAS BARD HUNTING?
Silk Robe.

That's to say, if you need a Creamy, I'm your man.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 09:58:34 PM by Bardiche »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2013, 10:02:04 PM »
I just want to card and refine my new flail, then grind up to 50 before going for Priest.
Just grab Eden gear lol. You don't need to bother gearing yourself until quite a bit later.

Tengukami

« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2013, 10:08:41 PM »
I'm not really trying to "gear myself up" per se. Just want this weapon the way I want it.

Also, what's the advantage of Eden?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »
The free Eden gear you can pick up is decent for a while and the repeatable quests give a fair bit of easy EXP.

Since you're a priest though, you're probably going to want a party for most of the repeatables.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »
Since you're a priest though, you're probably going to want a party for most of the repeatables.

This :fail:

(Thanks Stuffman! :*)

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2013, 01:23:18 AM »
WoE will either not happen at all, or will be limited to just 1 castle, and it has to be made in such a way that a GX can't instawin.

I've seen things man, I've seen a GX break an emp in under two seconds.
That no longer happens under Renewal mechanics.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Tengukami

« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2013, 03:31:53 AM »
A rosary away from Holy Light!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2013, 03:33:36 AM »
There's a platinum skill NPC in Prontera if you want to get all the class skills without putting in any effort btw. :V

Tengukami

« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2013, 03:46:11 AM »
But effort is fun!

(All the same, good to know.)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2013, 04:01:01 PM »
Man so I gained like over 70 levels in one day or something?

My wrist hurts. I can maybe trans tomorrow! If somebody will help me with the Eden quests T_T I don't know if I can solo. :<

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »
75/35-ish dancer now. Not really sure where I can go from here without being destroyed without a Priest's help.

Also why the fuck are potions/meat so heavy? I can hardly carry any with my arsenal of arrows lined up-- and I need those arrows if I don't wanna just go around smacking things with a whip >:<

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »
Ugh I guess I owe renewal a try
Spoiler:
even though I'll just be playing a Gunslinger again because fuck yeah gunslingers

and it gives me an excuse to play with all you guys or something.

Bardiche

« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2013, 07:38:29 PM »
50% until Sorcerer. I'll take a break.

EDIT: Criminally, that's like running the Roween quest three more times. At 13% per time handing in the quest, and 6% for the Roween killed, that's just ezpz.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2013, 09:35:44 PM »
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/ ps use these for skill treeing

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
Also why the fuck are potions/meat so heavy? I can hardly carry any with my arsenal of arrows lined up-- and I need those arrows if I don't wanna just go around smacking things with a whip >:<
Gym Passes are OP yo.

Tengukami

« Reply #208 on: April 21, 2013, 10:30:31 PM »
There's a platinum skill NPC in Prontera if you want to get all the class skills without putting in any effort btw. :V

OK, found her. All I had to do was ask. It was almost too easy, to be honest.

On the plus side, I've gone up about 10 levels in a couple hours, all told. Another ten and I'll be at 50, and then it's on to Priest.

(Just like my grandmother would've wanted.)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #209 on: April 21, 2013, 11:22:02 PM »
I've discovered the dungeon scrolls are really messed up. The code is wrong and the descriptions are way off. Dungeon Scroll 2 doesn't even do anything, it's just the same as the first one, and the third one is way off.

I have removed the scrolls for now as they're kind of redundant as it is for Warpra. Warpra does only cover up until Thanatos Tower, which I plan on keeping that way. So I might end up recoding the dungeon scrolls entirely to cover some of the more esoteric places like Nameless Abbey. No you won't be able to skip entrance quests with them, but it'll save you the walk to get to Thor's and stuff or having to memoslave.