Author Topic: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!  (Read 207495 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: [RO] HatOnline Renewal! Back again!
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2013, 12:02:44 AM »
Cool, thanks guys! Looks like I have some arrows to click.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »
But I already broke all my Dress Hats. :(

Also, you can type "/<stat>+ <number" for quick distribution.
For example, if I were to type "/str+ 49" while at 1 str then it would distribute my points until I had 50 str or ran out of points.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:10:20 AM by Momiji Inubashiri »

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2013, 12:14:25 AM »
Do all Eden Quests give equal EXP for a given level? Like, whether I hunt 30 Roween or 30 Siroma, will I receive the same experience reward?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16:47 AM »
Most of them don't, but some of them do. Here's a breakdown of all the levelling quests and their requirements and returns.
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group_Leveling_Quests

Please let me know if any of them are incorrect. I've already had to fix a few and I wouldn't be surprised if more were broken.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2013, 12:40:22 AM »
The default slotting costs will be astronomic with the economy as it is, 200k-2M for a 25%-10% success rate is still painful

refining still takes hundreds (if not thousands) of attempts to get a +10, +11-+20 upgrades are an effective enough money sink.

Is it possible to add an NPC who can take stacks of regular material in exchange for enriched, or HD one. (at slightly better value than selling them to NPC for the zeny to buy the new materials)

This of course assuming the end game doesn't end up with us all sitting around on stacks of billions of zeny, small private servers should get far less mudflation than the official ones.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2013, 03:53:35 AM »
It's not hard to get 1mil in a few hours if that. As for refining although I haven't tested the new "nerf" on DEF but anything above +7 IMHO is luxury. Getting +9/+10 should be a challenge, especially with the card abilities that go along with them. The point is to make it easy for people to get to +7 on their gear without too much effort but anything beyond that should still be a moneysink if you wish to chase after it. I'm accepting the fact that there won't be thousands of items in circulation to replace broken items chasing them so I'm giving ways to upgrade without breaking the item.

I'm still going to tweak and adjust of course if it ends up not being the case, but that's the goal I'm aiming for. Slotted gears and +7 are fairly necessary for most high level partying, so I'm making it easier to get those necessary pieces. Same reason I bumped card drops. If it turns out +9/+10s are needed I'll readjust.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:59:39 AM by helvetica »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2013, 03:59:30 AM »
FS (full support) priests are usually INT >= VIT >= DEX > everything else for the record

Well, it's the usual cookie cutter distribution but there are other ones depending on your chosen specialization (Battle Priests :LOLOL:, ME, etc.)

This of course assuming the end game doesn't end up with us all sitting around on stacks of billions of zeny, small private servers should get far less mudflation than the official ones.

While it's unreasonable to assume anyone on this server will have the patience to farm countless B worth of zeny, I don't think it's out of the question to see a significant amount of M zeny farming, I think what's of more concern is the small population right now means a lack of product circulation. :V

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2013, 04:11:29 AM »
It's not hard to get 1mil in a few hours if that.

I'm just going to stand over here with my ganking ability, which lets me easily get 2mill an hour in the right places.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2013, 04:17:54 AM »
Yeah I know gank rogues can do it but even my dumb LK can get 500k/hr just spiralling random mobs. Money isn't hard to come by. Mats aren't even hard to come by although I've made it a bit harder to get them (no mob guarantees drops unless it was already 100%).

Either way time will tell. I'm more than willing to fudge numbers and stuff to make things more "fun" and less "grind", to a point obviously, but still that's the aim I'm reaching for. I want people to have to work for stuff so they don't max out and burn out in 2 minutes but not burn out in 5 minutes because it takes 4 years to even start doing party stuff.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »
Stupid Norton keeps blocking the Updater.exe thing when I try to run it.  Finally figured out how to stop Norton from automatically removing it, but that's about it... at least I don't need it right now to play.

In regards to auto-attacking, shouldn't I be able to use skills while attacking?  I had to turn off auto-attack just so I can attack and use skills (which isn't a problem, I'm used to holding the mouse button for continuous attacking).  I thought maybe it was just because auto-attack was turned on from the getgo, but even doing it with CTRL prevents me from using skills, and I don't remember that being an issue on any of the other servers I've played on.  Is this normal or am I experiencing some type of bug?

Tengukami

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2013, 12:26:30 PM »
FS (full support) priests are usually INT >= VIT >= DEX > everything else for the record

THANK YOU. This is really helpful. I'm going to be engaging in the arrow-clicking to get my stats where I want them. Then after that it's:

1. Payon Cave, for the money.
2. Gettin' mahself that sweet flail at Prontera Church so I can put a Hornet Card on it.
3. Gettin' mahself up to lvl 50 before going for Priest.
4. ???
5. Etc.

The fun begins this afternoon!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2013, 01:01:08 PM »
It's not hard to get 1mil in a few hours if that. As for refining although I haven't tested the new "nerf" on DEF but anything above +7 IMHO is luxury. Getting +9/+10 should be a challenge, especially with the card abilities that go along with them. The point is to make it easy for people to get to +7 on their gear without too much effort but anything beyond that should still be a moneysink if you wish to chase after it. I'm accepting the fact that there won't be thousands of items in circulation to replace broken items chasing them so I'm giving ways to upgrade without breaking the item.

I'm still going to tweak and adjust of course if it ends up not being the case, but that's the goal I'm aiming for. Slotted gears and +7 are fairly necessary for most high level partying, so I'm making it easier to get those necessary pieces. Same reason I bumped card drops. If it turns out +9/+10s are needed I'll readjust.
The issue is getting ~300 (for the +9 non-weapons)  of the item you want and regular mats off a functioning market should be cheaper for more common gear.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2013, 01:25:03 PM »
THANK YOU. This is really helpful. I'm going to be engaging in the arrow-clicking to get my stats where I want them. Then after that it's:

If you want hard values, TSO's values (99 INT/80 VIT/rest DEX) are a good start though there are many alternatives. Some people actually advocate doing VIT > INT instead of INT > VIT, but this is only a bigger deal in certain party setups or situations (if you only cared about Heal for instance, a +10 Healing Staff is going to cover up for the loss of raw healing by decreasing your INT in favor of more HP). Personally I disagree with always maxing INT especially when the Healing Staff is available and you somehow get it past +7.
Spoiler:
Common INT benchmark values back when I still played were 60~70 INT and 90+ VIT

So yeah either do INT > VIT = DEX, or INT > VIT > DEX, or VIT > INT ≧ DEX :V

The issue is getting ~300 (for the +9 non-weapons)  of the item you want and regular mats off a functioning market should be cheaper for more common gear.

I didn't understand this complaint at all. This server won't even have a functioning market until the population gets larger.

Bardiche

« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »
Idly, word of advice: At 90 base int, costs to increase it are really high. Consider putting some into Dex and Vit at that time, and only maxing out Intelligence (if at all) after hitting level 85. This way you won't be super fragile or slow.

Tengukami

« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
"Rejected from Server"

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »
"Rejected from Server"

Yep, this is happening to me as well.
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
Hey Ammy. As far as how I've been building my priest on Hats, I find soloing content and heal bombing Undead monsters to be the most efficient for your early levels. Therefore, you want to only put points into INT for a while. Slower monsters with no ranged attacks will let you get away with this and not having any VIT (Skeleton/Zombies in Payon dungeon 1, Megaladons in the east entrance of Comodo, Orc Zombies/Skeletons in Orc dungeon 1) into your 50s and 60s. You can be pure INT (around 70 INT) before you have to consider putting points into VIT.

Another tip for early acolyte leveling is to have 2 different hotkeys for Heal at different skill lvls. Like Heal lvl 10 and Heal lvl 4. You use Heal lvl 10 to heal bomb, and Heal lvl 4 to heal yourself. You can even heal bomb say a Skeleton at Heal Lvl 10, then hit it with the weaker Heal Lvl 4 for more efficiency if the combined damage still kills them. Why spend 40 + 40 SP to kill something when you could possibly just use 40 + 22 SP instead? Experiment with it.

I'll keep an eye out for you this weekend (when I can play at the same time as you) and we'll work on how to solo as well as eventually learning how to party with people. Other low level characters also invited.

I'm personally going abnormally high INT first as I'm soloing a lot with Judex and not really needing the VIT as much even with minimal gear. Currently at around 110 INT, 70 VIT, 70 DEX at around base lvl 109.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2013, 08:10:52 PM »
Money is by far the easiest thing to get, mats are not. Not breaking items is going to be huge for getting +9/+10s. Would it be cheaper if there was a functioning market? Sure, but then I wouldn't be tweaking any of this at all. I'm providing an alternative path that puts +9/+10s in the realm of doable rather than "only if you solo farmed on your own for 5 years to get the 10000 slotted full plates" to get one to +10. I'm still of the opinion anything +7 is a luxury and should be hard to get. If you can show me numbers where having +9/10s is necessary for doing some content then I'll rethink. My balancing effort is based off of pre-RE numbers where +7 was the necessary benchmark for gear. I raised card drops for this reason as well; it should be doable to get the base gear but still some work, but any luxury items should still be a challenge.

It IS going to be more expensive than the "traditional" route, but right now the traditional route is not doable, and probably never will. You're paying more in exchange for not eating your items, that's the tradeoff. If the costs end up being too much then I may ratchet them down. I'm starting high because I want an effective money sink that isn't BUY EVERY HAT EVER, while still making it reasonable to make builds around +7 gear.

Server's back up btw, somehow it crashed overnight sorry about that.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:59:13 PM by helvetica »

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2013, 08:26:18 PM »
There are some quest items that you can only get one per character, at level 100+.  One of them is almost absolutely needed for my character.

Would you make a new character get to level 100 just to do the entire quest again for another shot?

Bardiche

« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »
Kiro, what's your IGN? :P I like partying with priests so they can mob for me and they incur the risk of death instead of me for Agi Up.

Tengukami

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2013, 12:59:54 AM »

Thank you! This is all greatly helpful, much appreciated.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2013, 01:25:09 AM »
Thank you! This is all greatly helpful, much appreciated.

If you're bothered to or you can, heal bombing Firelocks at Amatsu Dun. 1 is also a pretty good alternative; problem is that they have ranged attacks and kind of hurt so it's a mixed bag. Though they give much more experience than the small fry in Payon Dun :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2013, 01:26:11 AM »
problem is that they have ranged attacks and kind of hurt so it's a mixed bag.
pneumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2013, 01:29:10 AM »
pneumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh right. I forgot Pneuma was a thing  :derp:

You sit under the Pneuma and forget they even do anything to you :V

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2013, 07:32:48 AM »
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/hpr.html?10GX1sXdAhFbnqoqnqExAjScAJy
HP FS build original character do not steel

Ok to explain, this should be the bare minimum you should have as an FS priest. This will leave you with 5 points to play with. Kiro had a good point about dropping Cure, just have your party members carry green pots to cover those needs (and with the way Ragnarok is setup it's hard for a priest to know when to use it). I personally would take 1 in Decrease AGI and then throw the rest in Kyrie Eleison. If you want, you can steal a point from Magnificant and use that to get Gloria 1. Make Angelus dead last to level up, get the 1 point you need to get Assumptio ASAP but otherwise save that for last for upping. It's mostly an extra bonus skill to give a bit more soft DEF but isn't crucial to have.

The following modifications can be made based on preferences. Angelus would probably be the only skill I could say take it or leave it, you only really need 1 for Assumptio and the additional soft DEF while nice, isn't entirely necessary. There's some usefulness to having KE higher, even though it doesn't stack with Assumptio (they cancel eachother out) there are mobs that cast Turn Undead and make healing impossible. You could also shave a point from Imposito Manus or Aspersio. You only need 3 in Imposito Manus and 4 in Aspersio as prerequisites and the extra points maxing them aren't game changers.

You really shouldn't put more than 5 into Increase SP Recovery. Your SP pool should be large enough as it is anyways, and there's far more useful things to spend those extra 5 points on.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:53:30 AM by helvetica »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2013, 08:04:01 AM »
Alright, I got a bunch of gear that I'd like to barter/sell away:

Weapons
===
Battle Hook [1]
Muramasa
Broad Sword [2]
Tsurugi [2] (have 2)
Arbalest [2] (have 2)
Two-Handed Sword [2] (have 2)

Armor
===
Mirror Shield [1] (have 2)
Cap [1]
Chain Mail [1]
Full Plate [1]
Silver Robe [1]
Thief Clothes [1] (have 2)
Manteau [1] (have 3)
Morpheus Shawl
Glittering Jacket with 3 agi [1]
Ebone Armor [1]
Ghost Bandanna

Cards
===
Mantis 2
Skel Worker 4
Marc 2
Mummy 1
Sidewinder 5 (give away)
Bapho Jr 10 (give away)
Wraith 2 (give away)
Giant Whisper 2

WANT TO BUY
===
Muffler [1] (need many, will straight up trade my Manteau[1] for it)
Any type of slotted shield a priest can wear except for Guard[1] cuz screw that noise
Glittering Jacket [1] (need many)
Matyr card
Myst Case card
Pest card
Swordfish card
Pasana card
Orc Warrior card

Msg me in game on Hijiri. I will also edit this post periodically. Thanks all.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:56:04 AM by Kiro »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2013, 08:50:30 AM »
Is solo farming in Amatsu Dungeon as a Wiz viable? I could spam Soul Strike on Firelocks and Jupitel Thunder on Miyabis, I guess, but I'm not too sure :v

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
It's viable. They don't hit too hard for the most part, I did it on my LK until I hit third job.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2013, 09:13:14 AM »
Is solo farming in Amatsu Dungeon as a Wiz viable? I could spam Soul Strike on Firelocks and Jupitel Thunder on Miyabis, I guess, but I'm not too sure :v

um just go old school and fire wall/fire bolt on increase soils man >_>

maybe even geographers/similar plant dudes?!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2013, 09:18:38 AM »
OK, after further thought I have made the following changes to the refining/socketing system. I ended up not going for the originally thought out convoluted system and went for a simpler approach. 

All upgrades are now item safe. You will NOT lose your items on any upgrade failure, whether it's socketing or refining or card removal. You will lose materials/zeny on failure. When refining, if the item is below +6, the item will not be changed in any way. If the item is +7 or above, it will lose one refinement point. Enriched ori/elus are still in, and Suhnbi will still give double chances. That's the only difference between enriched and normal refining now, the extra roll.

Current prices for enriched elunium and oridecon are set at 50K a piece. There is no trade in between normal and enriched ores.