Author Topic: [Mahjong] OMG did I just get a quad Yakuman?! Join in the fun!  (Read 15918 times)

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
[Mahjong] OMG did I just get a quad Yakuman?! Join in the fun!
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:26:12 PM »
No I'm not gonna say that this is a photoshopped hand.

For beginners: More details about how to play Mahjong can be found in the old thread here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,12045.0.html

Since the old thread died a while ago, I'm starting a new one. I was going to suggest that we have some kind of regular MoTK mahjong session on Tenhou. I play on Tenhou lobby 7447 every Sunday afternoon, any time between 1 pm to 6 pm, so you might have a chance to run into me as D.Sierra. (For those of you who might have seen me play before... Yeah after 2 weeks of winning streaks, I'm now on the losing streak :ohdear:)

Please leave any suggestions for possible meetup times if you're interested :)
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: [Mahjong] OMG did I just get a quad Yakuman?! Join in the fun!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »
I actually hang out in a different lobby. 2389 to be exact. I'm surprised at how the screenshot has english on it though.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
lol the screenshot's from a different mahjong game. It's the Japanese Mahjong flash game (first search result that pops up when you google 'Japanese Mahjong')
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »
Ah. That'd explain it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »
I'd like to play too, but I never saw anyone in the old lobby. What timezone are you all in anyway? I'm in GMT+8.

Oh, and I play that flash program too, but I've never ever seen such a ridiculously high-scoring hand. But then again, I tend to treat wind tiles as junk unless I've got two of the same...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:50:15 AM by qMyon »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 04:09:04 PM »
You could try the lobby I linked. I can sometimes be found there. And if not me, then some folks from Soku Lobby that I occasionally play with.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 06:58:30 PM »
There are a few people around in lobby 7447 on weekends so I usually play there on Saturdays or Sundays. Some of them even stay up quite late so often you'll see games go on overnight. I'm in GMT-6 so time zone problems may be an issue here.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
There are a few people around in lobby 7447 on weekends so I usually play there on Saturdays or Sundays. Some of them even stay up quite late so often you'll see games go on overnight. I'm in GMT-6 so time zone problems may be an issue here.

That's because 7447 is the lobby of 4chan's /a/ :V

Anyways, I usually roll under あんおんくん
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:07:05 AM by PX »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »

Tewi luck too good

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
7447 is used by a lot of English mahjong circles now. With the new league thing, it's pretty rare to see it devoid of people. Usually there is at least one game going on at any given time.