Author Topic: Time To Atone For Your Sins, MotK  (Read 134933 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Time To Atone For Your Sins, MotK
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »
Seems to the Yama that the general message here can be boiled down to "be your own motherfucker". I would be inclined to agree.
Why does the Yama want us to have sex with our mothers?  I am dismayed and confused! D:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2012, 12:34:19 AM »
Why does the Yama want us to have sex with our mothers?  I am dismayed and confused! D:

The Yama moves in mysterious ways. Moreover, the phrase posted seems to encourage people to maintain their individuality; though keeping the minds of the crowd in mind, in the end, you have to be true to yourself.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2012, 07:59:58 AM »
Yama, I think I've sinned again. This Red Velvet ice cream definitely tastes like sin.
(I don't have a camera so you can't has a picture of it)

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2012, 08:26:05 AM »
I've been playing Assassin's Creed III?
Ahaha, yes?

Or maybe the  terrible pun is the sin.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #184 on: November 20, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »
I did a homework assignment, but forgot to submit it.  Shaaaaaaame....

draganuv15

« Reply #185 on: November 20, 2012, 09:46:51 AM »
I am in Tenerife enjoying the warm sum while my school friends have to rot in Scotland study who knows what, I MUST ATONE!!!!

After I get back of course  :smug:

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #186 on: November 20, 2012, 11:50:16 AM »
I drank the last Dr. Pepper and didn't tell anyone.

Funny part? I don't even feel guilty about it.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Tengukami

« Reply #187 on: November 20, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
Yama, I think I've sinned again. This Red Velvet ice cream definitely tastes like sin.
(I don't have a camera so you can't has a picture of it)

SPOILERS: Red Velvet ice cream and cake is nothing more than chocolate flavor with red coloring. The Yama believes it a virtue to eat chocolate - consider it a point in your favor!

I've been playing Assassin's Creed III?
Ahaha, yes?

Or maybe the  terrible pun is the sin.

Oh dear. Horrible puns are among the worst sins of all. For your penance, you must select ten users and make puns of their names based on their posting styles.

I did a homework assignment, but forgot to submit it.  Shaaaaaaame....

The Yama, as you know, prefers good girls and boys to do their homework. Much like Santa. But this is a case of poor memory rather than failure to do your homework, so for your penance, you must devise a memory trick - some method that can help a person remember to bring everything they need before they leave the house.

I am in Tenerife enjoying the warm sum while my school friends have to rot in Scotland study who knows what, I MUST ATONE!!!!

After I get back of course  :smug:

The Yama considers bragposting a grievous sin. For your penance, you must list five things which Scotland does better than Tenerife.

I drank the last Dr. Pepper and didn't tell anyone.

Funny part? I don't even feel guilty about it.

You cheeky bastard!  The Yama happens to love Dr. Pepper and would indeed be peeved to discover someone had shameless drank the last one. For your penance, you must draw and post a picture of Shinki stocking your fridge with Dr. Peppers.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Werepuppy

• So fluffy, many wag, much bark. wow.
  • Furries invading Gensoyko!
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »
When me and my Mum argue a bit, I often yell at my fiance (Kanjou) for no reason...

I don't mean to do so; but it just happens. What's worse is he hates being yelled at, and has told me off for it before. Yelling at Deities is bad; so forgive me.  :ohdear:

draganuv15

« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »
1. Scotland rains better.

2. More Clouds.

3. Colder in Scotland.

4. Pretty sure there's more game stores in Scotland.

5. We have Diet Coke instead of Coca Cola light which makes it sound healthier than Tenerife.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #190 on: November 20, 2012, 04:01:56 PM »
Uh, Yama, no one is posting a math problem on this thread, so I will solve a random one:
21 + 71 = 92
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »
Yama, I have wracked my brain on trying to be funny but the only thing I can actually do with any decent skill is to be dramatic and speak in silly voices

However I have no ideas on how I can be original and funny with these two assets
Also I don't think I have any decent sound-recording equipment
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2012, 05:35:53 PM »
A memory trick!  Aha!  I can do this!  For you see, my sin was merely a momentary lapse in my memory abilities.  But I have found a good method to compensate for this in the past.

The trick is to anticipate what your future self will do, what it will forget, and compensate for that.  For instance, if you absolutely have to take a certain item with you tomorrow morning, pack it the night before and put it where you will see it before you leave, i.e. the front door, or the bathroom.  You can also leave notes for yourself, also in places you will pass before you leave.  Sticky notes are your friends! :3

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »
Uh, Yama, no one is posting a math problem on this thread, so I will solve a random one:
21 + 71 = 92
Here you go:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are to be seated in a straight line across the front of a stage. Assuming each is assigned a specific seat, how many different ways can they be seated so that nobody is in the correct seat?

About sins... I've been playing Touhou with an Xbox controller.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2012, 10:33:03 PM »
Yama, I felt a severe urge to start a religious war against the Church of England today when they failed to vote for female bishops.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tengukami

« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »
When me and my Mum argue a bit, I often yell at my fiance (Kanjou) for no reason...

I don't mean to do so; but it just happens. What's worse is he hates being yelled at, and has told me off for it before. Yelling at Deities is bad; so forgive me.  :ohdear:

Ah, this sin is very common, but fortunately easy to atone for. For your penance, make and share an "I'm sorry" card that you would make for your fiance. Could be things you draw/write yourself, a collage, a quote - anything at all, so long as it takes "card format".

Congratulations, Endless Hunger! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

As NekoNekoRex dutifully points out, you were indeed given a math problem. And it appears to be slightly harder than basic addition - ganbare.

Yama, I have wracked my brain on trying to be funny but the only thing I can actually do with any decent skill is to be dramatic and speak in silly voices

However I have no ideas on how I can be original and funny with these two assets
Also I don't think I have any decent sound-recording equipment

Don't despair - the Yama believes in you. You can describe something that you saw in your everyday life that you thought was funny, i.e., "an anecdote."

Congratulations, AJS! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

Yama, I felt a severe urge to start a religious war against the Church of England today when they failed to vote for female bishops.

Oh does the Yama understand this well. However, rage is a sin, and must be atoned for - there's nothing wrong with being mad at authority, but being able to make your case sanely and clearly is key to a productive dialogue. For your penance, you must write a reasoned, level-headed and respectful letter of nonetheless firm objection to the patriarchy of the CoE.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »
Dear Archbishop of Canterbury, and other senior members of the Church of England:

While I am aware that the bishops voted 42 to 44 on the matter of female bishops, I strongly object to the fact that the motion was not passed, despite receiving a majority in all three houses. Why is it a matter which, by human rights shouldn't even need to be discussed, requires a super-majority three times over to be passed? The Church is supposed to be the guiding figure for moral issues, yet failing to allow women to advance to being bishops tarnishes this image, the Bible states that everyone is equal in the eyes of God, yet they are not equal in the Church. How can the Church comment on other moral wrongs while it is committing one against women? All that failing to pass the bill allowing female bishops does is further marginalize the already shrinking faith in the Church in Britian.

I strongly urge you to work as hard as you can to overturn this vote, and covnince the naysayers otherwise, for the future of the Church in the public's eyes.

Yours sincerely:
Raikaria [Some random dude on the Internet]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #197 on: November 20, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »
Hooray! More Red Velvet for m.. wait, coloring what? N-no! I-is this my penance?  ;-;

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #198 on: November 20, 2012, 11:50:37 PM »
You guys better start developing perculiar posting quirks so I can make fun of you.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #199 on: November 20, 2012, 11:55:31 PM »
I intended to do some speedruns like now but my PS2 is still packed up and I don't feel like unpacking it.  But if I don't start soon I won't have time to grind out a good run.  :ohdear:

JT

« Reply #200 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »
Oh, here's a good one. This'll be my last one, I swear:

Spoiler:
Back in 9th grade, I wrote an extraordinarily creepy, rambling love letter to a hot student art teacher I had at the time. It wasn't like "YO GIRL I JUST WANNA FORCIBLY JAM MY RAPEBONER IN YOU (PREFERABLY AT KNIFEPOINT)" or anything, but it was just like, really uncomfortably florid and chuuni as all get out. Like 80's power-ballad-level. It was that bad. I spent hours writing it. And then I actually fucking GAVE it to her. Why, you ask. Why would you do that. I have no idea, Yama-sama. I have no fucking clue. I didn't know then, either. In fact, I remember, I KNEW that nothing good would ever come of this fantastically stupid course of action. The whole time, I was fully aware of what a bald-faced invitation to disaster this letter was. I still felt absolutely determined to give it to her regardless, just for some reason that I wasn't able to understand. In retrospect, maybe that "disaster" is exactly what I wanted.

Either way, I succeeded in creeping the living fuck out of this woman, to the point where I had to have two separate Serious Discussions? with both my guidance counselor and the assistant principal, respectively. The latter included the asst. principal reading a few especially flowery lines aloud over the phone to my mom. Yeah. Imagine what that experience was like for me. Also, the art teacher was younger then than I am now, which feels really weird to me for some reason.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:53:39 AM by Jay T. Dawgsstyles »

Tengukami

« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2012, 12:23:56 PM »

Now this is what you call a proper letter. No one does "I am very angry in a polite, diplomatic way" quite like the British. Congratulations, Raikaria! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

I intended to do some speedruns like now but my PS2 is still packed up and I don't feel like unpacking it.  But if I don't start soon I won't have time to grind out a good run.  :ohdear:

More sloth, I see. The Yama is noticing a pattern on this board. Well, the penance here is obvious - unpack that PS2 and get crackin'. And don't forget to post your first speedrun here.

Even the Miko is embarrassed for you, JT. The Yama was embarrassed just reading it, and literally read most of this from behind both hands while muttering "Oh god oh god oh god". In fact there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the Amazon who are right now feeling a strong sense of embarrassment without knowing why.

But as far as the Yama can see, you have already served a penance for this by sharing this story alone, apart from the other details involving school staff. If you insist, though: for your penance, write the diary entry of said teacher on the day she received your letter.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #202 on: November 21, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
forgive me judge

i'll be getting that drawing out by the end of the week, i hope. this week is just absolutely hellish for me right now.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #203 on: November 21, 2012, 02:04:19 PM »
Alright, get ready, it's goddamn story time. I've thought super hard about the funniest recent experience I've been in, and I intend to make at least somebody laugh.
 It's only taken a minor depression that this has caused me and an entire night staying awake, so hopefully it's worth it.

So, a few months ago, the day of the week finally decided it was a Friday, and Friday is the best day of the week.
Friday is very special to me for a few reasons. Firstly beacause it's the day of the week I get together with my best friends, almost without fail, to chill out at our local`hobby story, Epic Loot. On most weeks we get together, we play Dungeons and Dragons, 4th Edition. It's almost always a bloody great time.
But more importantly, Friday is the day I wear my cat ears out in public. I do this because I don't give a single fuck about public opinion, and because my friends totally understand my completely normal and healthy obsession with catgirls.

Anyways, the hour finally came in which we met up, and after the usual hour of goofing around and eating, we got around to playing the game.
Our group consists of (real names changed) Jimbo the Dramatic, the Dungeon Master, Bill the Quiet Party Leader, who plays Orohu the Werewolf Cleric, Sen the Actor, playing Xagmus the Drow Warlock, Mike the Strategist, predictably playing Ishmael the Human Wizard, Bob the Evil Guy, playing Drake the Gensai Psion (who is a total dick), Jack the Group Troll, playing Pride the Tiefling Rouge, Adam the Newbie, playing Axl the Dragonborn Fighter, and finally I, NekoRex the Loonie, playing Rancor the Dwarven Knight, aka The Dwarven Blur, the Beardiest Dwarf, who totally does NOT have a drinking problem blatant lies.

Together our party forms Team Can't Go Out In Public, probably the most fitting name for any adventuring party in the lands of fantasy.

Tonight our mission was to infiltrate a high-security fortress guarding the Ghost Redubber, housed in the center of the world's largest city of people who are basically the Protoss from Starcraft.

Naturally, at the hest of the TOTALLY NOT EVIL blatant lies Drake, we blew a huge hole in the roof with our Airship Cannons, thereby alerting the entire city we were here. We jumped in because we all have Rings of Feather Fall and were easily inside the compound. Thankfully we scouted the place before hand and knew where the vault was, so getting in was only a matter of killing the guards and busting the vault door down.

Behind the vault door we discovered that the actual vault was down an extremely long spiral staircase leading deep into the earth.

Being ballsy, I suggested we jump down to save time using our Rings of Feather Fall. The DM informed us that this was a bad idea, because in the center of the stairwell at the very bottom was a river of molten rock. Since I'm not an idiot, I figured that jumping down was therefore probably not the best choice of actions.

However, Pride, who apparently did not give a single fuck about magma because he had Fire Resistance, decided to jump down anyway.
As it turns out, fire resistance means jack shit in goddamn magma.

Cue an entire hour dedicated to laughing our asses off at this turn of events. Seriously, we used every single fire-related joke we could come up with. Jack could literally not stop laughing. Every time he came close to recovering from his gut-busting laughter someone pulled out another joke like singing "And he went down down down, into a burning ring of fire" or "burn baby burn, disco inferno", or other saying nonsense quotes ("Drop it like it's hot") or some other nonsense and he would just kill his sides into another bout of laughter. At some point I think I was actually rolling on the floor and laughing.

Anyway, after we wasted the entire hour laughing and eventually taking a break from laughing, then laughing again, we actually had to roll to see if Pride survive swimming around in liquid rock (he did, somehow), and then we got to the big fight of the night, which was against some very high level psionics who had bullshit charm powers, and a long row of security statues who fired bloody lasers. This fight proved too hard, so we stole the Ghost Redubber and got the hell out of there. And so ended the session.

We all packed up and left, and I decided to join my Jack for a round of late night videogaming at his house (which we do every week after the D&D meeting). We left in his car and went off home, and I asked him to stop by the library to drop some books off that I had.

This is where the night would continue it's hilarious adventure.

Coming out of the drop box lane, Jack turned down onto the left side of what he thought was a one-way road with a divider that fed into the main road.
Now, this had two major problems. First and most obviously, it wasn't actually a one-way road, which he was on the left side of. (Americans here will notice the problem here, it was the wrong side of the road). Secondly, and most importantly, a police car had just pulled out of the fenced in parking lot belonging to the police station next door. It was at this point we knew we were screwed. Sure enough, as soon as we pulled out onto the road, the cop flashed his lights, and we pulled in to the nearest driveway (which was for the municipal building across the road).

Now, we totally played it cool, but the unfortunate fact was that my friend was only on his Temps, and I have no drivers liscense to speak of. After being totally polite with the cop and compliant, we ended up having to call Jack's mom to pick us up since we couldn't drive, which she was not happy to do.
So for the next twenty minutes we waited for her to come, and we chatted with the cop, and stayed pretty cool. He ended up giving Jack a ticket (which he got off with a warning for and no fine), and his mom came. She apologized a whole bunch, and we all got out of that car to get into hers.

Marking the end of our exciting night, it was at this point Jack's mom informed me, much to my dismayed realization... I was still wearing my cat ears.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:12:51 PM by NekoNekoRex »

Cor

« Reply #204 on: November 21, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
In fear of divine retribution I sat down and read the latter half of the book in one sitting. Instant motivation, just add water. Now, I'm tired as hell (Hah, where I'll probably go anyway. Hmm, I wonder if hell is a tiring place. Must be lazy, at least. Sloth is a deadly sin.), but I did reserve a copy of The Catcher in the Rye since the Yama recommended it 'n' whatnot. I might get around to writing about a Touhou character in the style of Holden Caulfield just for kicks anyway.

Hmm, let's see Mr Biohazurd make something of my posts. Hahaha. You poor soul, I've got no quirks.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:48:44 PM by Coreven »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2012, 06:14:14 PM »
More sloth, I see. The Yama is noticing a pattern on this board. Well, the penance here is obvious - unpack that PS2 and get crackin'. And don't forget to post your first speedrun here.
Well, I did some attempts last night.  But none of them could get past the 5th level, and only 2 got there, the rest failed on the first 2 -_-  I got really frustrated that I couldn't do the 'easy' parts to get to the 'hard' parts (which are actually luck-based).  I'll post again when I actually finish a run...

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
eiki-sama! i'm done!!!!
i-its not like i rushed this o-or anything!!

my assignment was to do a six view so you get 6 phones 8)
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

JT

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2012, 08:02:52 PM »

Even the Miko is embarrassed for you, JT. The Yama was embarrassed just reading it, and literally read most of this from behind both hands while muttering "Oh god oh god oh god". In fact there are as yet undiscovered tribes in the Amazon who are right now feeling a strong sense of embarrassment without knowing why.

But as far as the Yama can see, you have already served a penance for this by sharing this story alone, apart from the other details involving school staff. If you insist, though: for your penance, write the diary entry of said teacher on the day she received your letter.

I don't blame you for feeling that way. It was hands-down the most harrowingly embarrassing thing I've ever lived through, and believe me, I'm not a bashful man. I did, after all, have the nigh-sociopathically reckless balls to give her this letter in the first place. (Or to, say, record myself serenading an anime character for the amusement of people on the internet.) I fully expected it to end badly, but not nearly as badly as it did.

It was long enough ago though that now I just laugh when I look back on it. It also taught me a useful lesson, which is that laying flowery theatrics on a strange woman will make her think you are a serial killer. From then on, I made it a personal policy to talk to any girl I was interested in quickly, decisively, and directly. The only time I ever deviated from this was when I pulled that stunt you might remember with Rite Aid Chick, which predictably exploded in the hangar.

Anyway, here's that penance:

Dear Diary,

At last, my dream has come true. Today, I received a fawning, rambling, two-page love letter
from someone I barely know. I love him and this totally did not creep me out at all.
        Indeed, the singular object of my most deeply-held and intimate desires is none other than
this 14-year-old boy. I love his oily, greasy hair that covers his eyes, I love his scrawny, malnourished
body, I love his ratty Judas Priest T-shirt and fingerless gloves. I love the way he and his friends
communicate entirely by yelling Shaun of the Dead quotes at each other. JT, my beloved, the sound
of your name alone makes my sphincter tighten like a Falcon Punch fist.
         Oh, how I long to feel those unwashed, boogery hands fumble haphazardly at my ladyparts
like a Muppet playing the piano. To know the sweet, sensual caress of that wispy dirtlip as it gently
grazes my flesh. I imagine him in the throes of sweaty fuck-fury, his irises lit like burning coals as
tepid waves of moist Dorito breath billow over my unbreathing nostrils. Even now, the mere thought
of it makes my taco thick with hot love-sludge. As I write these very words, my heart pounds at my
sternum like a mandrill trapped in a Rubbermaid plastic storage tub.
       Alas, our love can never be, for JT is a student, and I am a student teacher. For the sake of his
reputation and his future as a man, I must pretend I don't like him. I must also tell, like, the entire
fucking staff about this, without making any attempt whatsoever to confront him myself, and will
henceforth avoid him as if he were fucking Pyramid Head or something. You know, just to be safe.
        A single tear rolls down my cheek. One day, perhaps, we will be together again, in another life.
Fate is so unkind.

- E.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
that stunt you might remember with Rite Aid Chick
Oh come on, that was hilarious.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2012, 12:38:58 AM »
So I don't have a recording, but have the image of my splits  :getdown:
[attach=1]