Author Topic: Time To Atone For Your Sins, MotK  (Read 133865 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Time To Atone For Your Sins, MotK
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2012, 12:02:16 AM »
I have more sin  :ohdear:
I have a green-eyed jealousy for JT and his incredible aptitude for humor. Also, he can draw.

Jealousy is a classic sin, but one easily atoned for. For your penance, you must create and post an example of humor - written, drawn, sung, anything at all.

i ate a four-leafed clover once
:c

The Yama isn't even sure this is a sin. Shouldn't you now be lucky all the time? You ought to share your good fortune with the rest of us - for your penance, you must draw and post a scene from Lucky Star.

Oh, Miss Enma, your kindness is too much! For I have sinned. Yet. Again. "OTL

I swore in the presence of my crush's family. WHAT DO.

This is technically a sin; I mean, unless your family swears worse than you do. Either way, you need to atone, and for your penance, you will invent a new swear word, and define it. This is the swear word you will use from the next 40 days.

I inadvertently caused someone to blow up (complete with a huge bevy of insults directed at me) and leave a Skype group  :ohdear:
At least I can take solace in knowing that I recognized my mistake and tried to correct it and never resorted to personal attacks.

It sounds like you need to learn a little something about diplomacy! To this end, you should learn from the master: Henry Kissinger. Post a Skype conversation with Mr. Kissinger, wherein he asks your advice on how to handle increasing tensions between the North and South Vietnamese, and you provide a novel solution.

This definitely makes up for the 3x3, and the self-loathing you garnished the delicacy with was the parsley on the steak. Congratulations, JT! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

Hey, that wasn't half bad! Congratulations, Yatakarasu! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

This is the most glowing review of Eiken made since Kilga gave it a Masterpiece ranking on ANN. Congratulations, Jana! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

Except now I feel like a bad religio-Jew despite living the cultura-Jew lifestyle.  Plus there's no Paradise either in Judaism or an afterli-

* Meiling's Jumpspeed Plotter is shot

Hey, you're having your cake and eating, too - that's a pretty sweet deal! Although the Yama has never understood this phrase: what else are you going to do with a cake you have? Anyways

While you are atoned for breaking the figma, you now have to atone for forgetting your math homework by solving the next math problem someone posts in this thread.

Oh wait I was actually supposed to do this?

Uhm...not to be all defiant miss Yama-dude, sir, lady, but I don't know anything about this Patch Adams. So I can't repent in this manner, sorry. :[

Oh, well, in that case, here's all you need to know about Patch Adams: he is a doctor who works with terminally ill patients, and has an annoyingly sunny disposition while scolding people who are dying for feeling sorry for themselves. Problem solved!

Oh I made one of those too. It has 2 Homestuck characters in it.
I feel like that's enough of a sin.

The Yama agrees! For your penance, you must create a seven-panel comic in the style of Homestuck where one of the characters involved is Link from Zelda.

This was plain stupid. Ammy, listen: you're stupid. And I hate you.

You're welcome! I hope it tasted great. Congratulations, Haku! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

Well done! You clearly do possess a healthy sense of empathy, even for your greatest enemies. Congratulations, Minch! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2012, 12:09:19 AM »
You're welcome! I hope it tasted great. Congratulations, Haku! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

A pure heart and a churning stomach. :getdown:

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2012, 12:09:54 AM »
It tasted like shit

Like a beer milkshake or something

My stomach burns with a passionate rage
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42:42 AM »
This is the most glowing review of Eiken made since Kilga gave it a Masterpiece ranking on ANN.

« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2012, 12:49:11 AM »
What is a 'hipster'?

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2012, 01:00:13 AM »
Hey, that wasn't half bad! Congratulations, Yatakarasu! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.
Thanks! I found soundboard on my computer and was like "That will work." Then I spent a half an hour trying to figure it out.  :getdown:

Now I want to tweak it and make it better...but homework.

It tasted like shit
Like a beer milkshake or something
My stomach burns with a passionate rage
But when you enter Paradise now, it will be full of honey!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:01:53 AM by Yatakarasu »

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:50 AM »
Tengu-yama, I'm not honest with myself.

I complain about so much of Touhou fandom being obsessed with memes and cheap humor, and then I go and do things like Byakuren reacting to a double rainbow, Mokou out-swagging Kaguya, and increasingly ridiculous theories about Sakuya's origins.

How can I find my personal compass on this matter?

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2012, 01:33:29 AM »
Oh, well, in that case, here's all you need to know about Patch Adams: he is a doctor who works with terminally ill patients, and has an annoyingly sunny disposition while scolding people who are dying for feeling sorry for themselves. Problem solved!

Oh, okay. But now I don't know what a Kenning is. And now that I looked it up, I don't even know how you would make a compound description into a stanza poem.

Repentance is hard. :fail:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

pineyappled

« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2012, 02:25:24 AM »
I just watched this.

Help me, Yama, for my jimmies are rustled.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2012, 02:31:56 AM »
Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States
Fuck Hulu.
                                                                                   .

pineyappled

« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:25 AM »
Fuck Hulu.
shitty SNL sketch
tl;dr "hurr hawkeye is useless xD"

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2012, 02:45:49 AM »
It sounds like you need to learn a little something about diplomacy!
But I -was- diplomatic about it  ???
The other guy was a complete jerk and I'm not sorry to have seen him go  :ohdear: <--the actual 'sin'

Also:
Henry: yo i need help
Me: Use duct tape.
Henry: kthxbai
 :justasplanned:

JT

« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2012, 02:51:34 AM »
shitty SNL sketch
Redundant phrase.

Actually, there was one recent thing they did with Louis CK that I liked. It's pretty much just a miniature version of his show though, so I'm not sure if that really counts.

pineyappled

« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2012, 02:59:06 AM »
I don't watch SNL. Is it always that bad?

JT

« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:25 AM »
My understanding is that it's been consistently awful for about 20 years now.

Zil

« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2012, 04:07:12 AM »
While you are atoned for breaking the figma, you now have to atone for forgetting your math homework by solving the next math problem someone posts in this thread.
Here you go:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are to be seated in a straight line across the front of a stage. Assuming each is assigned a specific seat, how many different ways can they be seated so that nobody is in the correct seat?

About sins... I've been playing Touhou with an Xbox controller.

Tengukami

« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2012, 12:20:34 PM »
How can I find my personal compass on this matter?

You can start by doing the first penance the Yama gave you three pages ago for your first sin, and hold back on posting more sins for now.

Oh, okay. But now I don't know what a Kenning is. And now that I looked it up, I don't even know how you would make a compound description into a stanza poem.

Repentance is hard. :fail:

Couplets, man. Just go AA, BB, CC, etc. Kennings are super-easy. You just write stuff like "spirit-shatterer" for "danmaku" or "sadness rain" for "tears" and stuff like that. Come on now, you're more than capable - we believe in you!

I just watched this.

Help me, Yama, for my jimmies are rustled.

Yeah, recent SNL is garbage. Your rustled jimmies are perfectly understandable. Rather than give you penance, I would rather give you an antidote. In this case, I recommend searching "70s SNL" on YouTube. Post the first sketch that makes you laugh in this thread, to share with the rest of us.

But I -was- diplomatic about it  ???
The other guy was a complete jerk and I'm not sorry to have seen him go  :ohdear: <--the actual 'sin'

Also:
Henry: yo i need help
Me: Use duct tape.
Henry: kthxbai
 :justasplanned:

Lame. To Hell with thee.

I've been playing Touhou with an Xbox controller.

Well you know what this means, don't you? A Lunatic no-focus run of Great Fairy Wars for your penance, of course.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:22:05 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Cor

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »
Lady Shiki, I'm too good at procrastinating.

I found my motivation to play Touhou just when I received an assignment to read Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita for an exam on literature. I've been gaming instead of reading for the past forever and the exam is within a week. I've also considered not appearing so I could put it off for a few weeks longer until makeup exams.

Zil

« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
A Lunatic no-focus run of Great Fairy Wars for your penance, of course.
Is the focusing that it forces you to do when you charge up the ice shield allowed?

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »
Wow, that must have been incredibly difficult for you! However, this shows a lack of commitment to the reputation you've developed on this forum. Therefore, for your penance you must take this to the next level: compose a poem comprised of ten stanzas in iambic pentameter, expressing your love for the community as a whole.
Exceptionally limited internet access for the past few days means late repentance.

Shall I compare the folks of this forum?
A truly sordid task.  For they are all
Beyond compare.  Take Ruro*, as a first -
A writer, a photographer,  and more,
And TSO, and Ammy too, (but not
the Nobu, Donut, heathen fools say I -
Yet even they may be redeemed** in this).
A grand assemblage here, the internet
Has granted us this day.  So we rejoice!
For writ, in short, I say - I hate you guys***.

I think that will do.

*It is the great crime of iambic pentameter that you cannot use the word strawberries.
**No they can't.
***True story.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:45 PM »

That book is way better than Touhou. Go read it.
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »
Lady Shiki, I'm too good at procrastinating.

I found my motivation to play Touhou just when I received an assignment to read Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita for an exam on literature. I've been gaming instead of reading for the past forever and the exam is within a week. I've also considered not appearing so I could put it off for a few weeks longer until makeup exams.

This is most unfortunate. Lolita is probably one of the most misunderstood books ever written, and is also the finest examples of "unreliable narrator" after Catcher In The Rye. But in a Touhou context, Akyuu is also a good example of an unreliable narrator. For your penance, you must write about a Touhou character in the style of Holden Caulfield. If you haven't read Catcher In The Rye, write about Nabakov in the style of Akyuu.

Is the focusing that it forces you to do when you charge up the ice shield allowed?

That's right!

Wow, that was pretty impressive! Congratulations, theshim! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

Cor

« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2012, 04:51:04 PM »
For your penance, you must write about a Touhou character in the style of Holden Caulfield. If you haven't read Catcher In The Rye, write about Nabakov in the style of Akyuu.
Oh crap. I didn't even realize I should doubt the narrator, I just sort of read along, accepting it all. Happens to be my worst subject. Uh, I request for few months of time to read this book, Salinger's book, get into reading books in general, research unreliable narrators, study and try to find inconsistencies within Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and Symposium of Post-Mysticism 'n' whatnot else.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »
I require judgment for the following!
Let us not prevaricate. To be our own man, than a construct of others, is a worthy goal. To take on the trappings created by another denies our own worth, buries it beneath layers of self-pitying drivel. We can walk the line of appreciation without succumbing to slobbering adulation, and it is better to love with a critical eye than to cloud our eyes to all wrongs that it might shine the brighter - for the glow we perceive is naught but our own projection. I say to this, folly! For you may glow all the brighter if you but kindle your own flame to greatness.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »
mummergeiste <MUH-MUR-GAYS-TUH>
(Noune)
A Person (but onlie by the loosest of  Definitions) whose Cavitus Cranialis is Filled with, in the Steade of Knowledge with any Practicality, much Idiocie about Entertainment of a mainstream Virtue, likeupon the mummers we have so dubbed Justinne Bieberre (whose Sexualitie to this Daye remains Unclear to the Author), Maroone (Moron?) 5, One Directionne (perhaps to the Southern regions of the Sales Charts, hur hur!), Christopher Browning (with his most Shameful Intrigue with one Hannah of the Rye) and the like. See? Mummers.

The typical Mummergeiste sits about, Wasting his entire Daye thinking (should it ever require any mental Capacitie) on their (lack of) Future as a... "Wrappe Starre". (How sordid. Hath they no Shame?) Surely even such Aspirations so Ignoble are rendered Unattainable by their lacke of Talent in the Field of the Arts, Owing mostly to the Fact that they cannot "Wrappe" their Waye out of an Examination of Spellinge Consisting of Words with no more than two Syl-la-bles.

In Summarie, these Wasters of Space deserve no Quarter.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:04:50 PM by AAAAAAAAAAAAB »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

JT

« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »
Oh crap. I didn't even realize I should doubt the narrator, I just sort of read along, accepting it all. Happens to be my worst subject. Uh, I request for few months of time to read this book, Salinger's book, get into reading books in general, research unreliable narrators, study and try to find inconsistencies within Perfect Memento in Strict Sense and Symposium of Post-Mysticism 'n' whatnot else.
Protip, just use the word "phony" a lot. It's pretty much sentence mortar, just sprinkle it in there anywhere you want. It's like "smurf."

e.g. "boy, you'd phony phonies and all phony as a bastard grumble grumble non sequitur ennui goddam phonies, for God's goddam sake"

Zil

« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2012, 05:38:52 PM »
That's right!
Well, okay then. Here you go. Finished with 500 extra motivation or something. A few weird deaths to fireballs because it didn't occur to me that you can't freeze-focus while freezing. Doubled my old high score at least.

And I think Lolita's probably a short enough book that you could sit down and read it in a day. It's not like you've run out of time yet!

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
For your penance, you must then attempt IN Normal, using Border Team, and upload the replay here.

;_;

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »
Very well. Let me try this. A-HEM.

Your penance is to compose a 10-stanza kenning wherein Patch Adams tries to cheer up Gengetsu on her deathbed.

Illusion-moon.
Cheery-buffoon.

Syphilis-doom.
Deathbed-gloom.

Misplaced-fret.
Heaven-beget.

Makai-dwell.
Automatic-hell.

Happiness-time.
Remembrance-sublime.

Family-one.
Reputation-none.

Great-boss.
Societal-loss.

Apathy-great.
Former-PC-98.

Meme-praise.
Timeout-phase.

Double-obituary.
Demon/Apothecary.

*bow*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2012, 09:17:27 PM »

JT is right about Holden's use of "phony". Should also know that Holden is supposed to be your typical sneering teenager who thinks everyone is full of shit and that he's better than all of them. There's a lot of wisdom in some of what he says, but for the most part it's wisdom he'd be better off applying to himself.

I require judgment for the following!

Seems to the Yama that the general message here can be boiled down to "be your own motherfucker". I would be inclined to agree.

Oh, nicely done! Congratulations, Beats! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

The Yama has heard that even ZUN Himself has been amazed by people who do what you just did. Congratulations, Zil! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

A noble effort. Congratulations, pasu! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.

See? The Yama knew you had it in you. Congratulations, Donut! You have successfully repented for your sin, and have been absolved. Go forth now, with a pure heart, into Paradise.