Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)  (Read 47459 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #930 on: January 31, 2013, 02:04:11 AM »
>"So..."
>Make a guess at her average walking speed and distance traveled in a day...
>"Within an hour?"

« Reply #931 on: January 31, 2013, 02:18:50 AM »
>"So..."
>Make a guess at her average walking speed and distance traveled in a day...
>"Within an hour?"

>"Within an hour," she agrees. "More like twenty minutes, even!"

« Reply #932 on: January 31, 2013, 03:35:34 AM »
>"Sounds good. A brisk walk is good after a meal, but not too far as to be work."

« Reply #933 on: January 31, 2013, 03:54:06 AM »
>"Sounds good. A brisk walk is good after a meal, but not too far as to be work."

>"But not too far as to be work," she nods. "What about you? How far away are you staying?"

« Reply #934 on: January 31, 2013, 03:55:58 AM »
>"Well, now, that's a good question."
>*swig*
>"As it looks, by best bet would probably be the Seeker's guild here. Trouble is, including the security deposit they charge, it'll tie up almost half the money I have on me."

« Reply #935 on: January 31, 2013, 03:59:37 AM »
>"Well, now, that's a good question."
>*swig*
>"As it looks, by best bet would probably be the Seeker's guild here. Trouble is, including the security deposit they charge, it'll tie up almost half the money I have on me."

>You take another swig of sake and muse about tonight's accommodations.
>Kyouko frowns empathetically. "Were both of the places I mentioned no good?"

« Reply #936 on: January 31, 2013, 04:02:42 AM »
>"Oh they were good places. And thanks again for the suggestions, by the way. And I'm sure their rooms are good, too. But they're also not as affordable, either, when all's said and done."

« Reply #937 on: January 31, 2013, 04:04:52 AM »
>"Oh they were good places. And thanks again for the suggestions, by the way. And I'm sure their rooms are good, too. But they're also not as affordable, either, when all's said and done."

>"Oh." She looks downcast. "That doesn't sound so nice. But... you won't run out of money before your business here is all tied up, will you?"

« Reply #938 on: January 31, 2013, 04:12:10 AM »
>Pause.
>"I hope not. I always thought I'd make it big here, not go bust."

« Reply #939 on: January 31, 2013, 04:32:43 AM »
>Pause.
>"I hope not. I always thought I'd make it big here, not go bust."

>"I'm sure you will, Nazrin!" she says, practically thrusting herself across the table in her enthusiasm. "Even if it takes a little while. Don't lose hope!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #940 on: January 31, 2013, 04:34:57 AM »
>"In the meantime, I'm always looking for alternatives to stretch my money a bit further."

« Reply #941 on: January 31, 2013, 04:44:37 AM »
>"In the meantime, I'm always looking for alternatives to stretch my money a bit further."

>She nods. "Sounds good. What kinda alternatives?"

« Reply #942 on: January 31, 2013, 05:16:51 AM »
Good question.

>"Well, a lot of it's simple things. I consider it a point of pride to make two bucks out of one. Saving a guilder or two on food whenever I can, saving a guilder or two on lodging if I can."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:43:15 AM by Sourfang, Seeker of Winter »

« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2013, 06:46:32 AM »
>"Well, a lot of it's simple things. I consider it a point of pride to make two bucks out of one. Saving a guilder or two on food whenever I can, saving a guilder or two on lodging if I can."

>Kyouko nods again. "Saving money is good. I can show you a nice grocer if you want to eat for cheaper while you're here! They're a bit small, but I like them; the manager's nice, too!" Then she frowns suddenly. "I'm sorry I didn't know any cheaper inns. Are you sure you'll be okay?"

« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2013, 07:06:16 AM »
>Smile. "Well, ideally, I'd find a friend of mine I had here in town and see if I could crash there for a day or two, until the job I'm on's done. Seeing as how this is my first day here, well..."

« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2013, 07:15:58 AM »
>Smile. "Well, ideally, I'd find a friend of mine I had here in town and see if I could crash there for a day or two, until the job I'm on's done. Seeing as how this is my first day here, well..."

>"I'm a friend!" she declares with some enthusiasm, then starts to giggle, throwing back another gulp of sake amid her mirth. Though almost as soon as she swallows, her laughter gives way to a frown. "I don't have a very big place, though."

« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »
>Grin. "Well, I'm not a very big youkai."

« Reply #947 on: January 31, 2013, 08:18:35 AM »
>Grin. "Well, I'm not a very big youkai."

>"You're big where it counts!" she declares, then looks slightly puzzled by her own statement. "Um... that's good, right?"

« Reply #948 on: January 31, 2013, 08:24:25 AM »
>Chuckle. "It's certainly not something I'm told often. I'll take it as a compliment."

« Reply #949 on: January 31, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
>Chuckle. "It's certainly not something I'm told often. I'll take it as a compliment."

>"Good!" Seemingly satisfied by this, Kyouko returns to pondering her empty bowl of ramen once more.
>"Hmmm... do you want anything else?" she asks.

« Reply #950 on: January 31, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »
>We are satisfied for food and have consumed a comfortable volume of sake, correct?

« Reply #951 on: January 31, 2013, 08:39:55 AM »
>We are satisfied for food and have consumed a comfortable volume of sake, correct?

>You have had quite enough food, and perhaps even a little more sake than you'd care to - your head is feeling just a touch lighter than when you started. You definitely have no desire to eat anything more right now.

« Reply #952 on: January 31, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »
>"I'm good for now."

« Reply #953 on: January 31, 2013, 08:44:04 AM »
>"I'm good for now."

>"Okay!" she chirps. "I think I'm good too. I have some leftover mochi at home." She smiles lazily.

« Reply #954 on: January 31, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »
>Small place or no, it WOULD be 140 guilders more in our pocket in the morning.
>"So... Do you think I could fit on a little patch on your floor? I don't take up all that much space."

« Reply #955 on: January 31, 2013, 09:35:40 AM »
>Small place or no, it WOULD be 140 guilders more in our pocket in the morning.
>"So... Do you think I could fit on a little patch on your floor? I don't take up all that much space."

>Considering your financial situation, you decide to ask for accommodations outright. Kyouko stares at you for a moment, then keeps on staring, her bright eyes just a little hazy despite their focus. You're not actually sure what she's looking for, and begin to wonder if she even is herself. She makes a quiet, low-pitched humming noise, as a vocal accompaniment to her scrutinizing.

« Reply #956 on: January 31, 2013, 09:43:21 AM »
>Raise one eyebrow slightly.

« Reply #957 on: January 31, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »
>Raise one eyebrow slightly.

>You raise an eyebrow slightly. She just leans forward across the table and stares harder.

« Reply #958 on: January 31, 2013, 09:50:51 AM »
>How do we normally react when some stares at us reeeeeeeeal hard? If it's someone we... like?

« Reply #959 on: January 31, 2013, 09:54:29 AM »
>How do we normally react when some stares at us reeeeeeeeal hard? If it's someone we... like?

>You, um... you're not sure you've ever been in quite this situation before. And it's oddly hard to read the manner in which Kyouko is staring at you. Curious? Dubious? Interested? ...is she more drunk than you thought she was? You take a glance at her sake cup - mostly empty again.