Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)  (Read 45789 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 11)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 03:20:14 AM »
>"I wouldn't go as far as to say 'windbag', no. Most windbags I've known tend to enjoy listening to themselves talk, but that ain't the case for her."
>"'course, I'd be lying if I said I didn't find her a touch... ramble-y. But she knows her stuff, that's for sure."

>Glasses girl nods again. "I really enjoyed her class, once I got used to it."
>"And I bet she doesn't give exams that are half this brutal."
>This earns another quiet nod.

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 03:26:59 AM »
>"I just wish she knew exactly where that garden she talked about was, that'd save me a lot of walking around town between greenhouses, asking questions."
>"Ah, well. Life of a Seeker ain't ever an easy one."

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 03:31:33 AM »
>"I just wish she knew exactly where that garden she talked about was, that'd save me a lot of walking around town between greenhouses, asking questions."
>"Ah, well. Life of a Seeker ain't ever an easy one."

>"What garden's that?" Taeya asks.

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 03:45:46 AM »
>"Supposedly, there's a garden somewhere southwest of here, where you can find just about every kind of flower known to man and youkai. Maintained by a powerful old youkai who doesn't take too kindly to strangers. Trouble is, our professor didn't know exactly where it was. Kinda got the impression no one does."

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 04:12:44 AM »
>"Supposedly, there's a garden somewhere southwest of here, where you can find just about every kind of flower known to man and youkai. Maintained by a powerful old youkai who doesn't take too kindly to strangers. Trouble is, our professor didn't know exactly where it was. Kinda got the impression no one does."

>The girl with the glasses frowns. "I... may have heard of that. I'm not sure."
>Taeya shrugs. "I've got nothing, sorry."

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 04:18:01 AM »
>Motion for specs to continue.

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 04:25:23 AM »
>Motion for specs to continue.

>The girl looks slightly startled by the gesture. "Oh, I don't think I have anything useful to tell you about it. It's just that I might have heard of it before...." She trails off with an uncomfortable frown, seeming to shrink back slightly.

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 04:54:26 AM »
>Wow, do we look that intimidating? Cool. That could be useful.
>Well, for later, anyway, this one doesn't need to fear.
>"From whom? Or just one of those tales that goes around?"

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 04:58:40 AM »
>Wow, do we look that intimidating? Cool. That could be useful.
>Well, for later, anyway, this one doesn't need to fear.
>"From whom? Or just one of those tales that goes around?"

>You're not certain if it's so much you being intimidating as her being shy. Taeya, at least, seems quite unaffected, though she does cock an eyebrow at her friend.
>"I don't really remember very well," the girl says. "I'm sorry."

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 05:10:13 AM »
>"That's all right." Smirk a wry smirk. A guide to the garden of forever blooms dropping into our lap on the way out of school? Yeah, right. Life ain't been that kind to us in a while. "If nothing else, another voice on the legend lends more credence to it."

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 05:13:03 AM »
>"That's all right." Smirk a wry smirk. A guide to the garden of forever blooms dropping into our lap on the way out of school? Yeah, right. Life ain't been that kind to us in a while. "If nothing else, another voice on the legend lends more credence to it."

>"...maybe," she offers weakly.
>"Well, we probably should get going," Taeya says. "Sunk or not, we've still got another class to get to. Good luck finding what you're looking for!"

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 05:40:04 AM »
>"Good to see you again."
>Nod to the shy one. "And it was nice meeting you, too."

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2012, 06:05:54 AM »
>"Good to see you again."
>Nod to the shy one. "And it was nice meeting you, too."

>"Sure," Taeya says with a nod.
>Her friend returns your nod tentatively, then the two of them head off to the east. Taeya gives you a casual wave from behind as they leave.

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2012, 06:24:29 AM »
If the water and the vigor don't have an expiration date or anything, I think we should go get those made now, since the alchemy shop is that close.
After that's done, though, I'm open to suggestions, as I doubt bouncing around greenhouses is going to get us what we want.

>Head back to the alchemy shop we were at before.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2012, 07:32:35 AM »
I dunno. It'd be pretty humiliating to spill the stuff when Yuka piledrives us.

Can we mix it onsite? I can't remember.

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2012, 07:38:03 AM »
Assuming we can get there. Knowing Yuka's garden exists and knowing which hill to stagger over blindly are a bit of a ways apart.
But I believe the prof said something about there being technicalities in the mixing process, at least for the vigor, that would be beyond us.

I might add, I personally would rather not deal with Yuuka if at all possible, for a number of reasons, but I do realize she does seem to be the obvious answer.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2012, 07:42:41 AM »
It might be better to get the ingredients after we get back, then. if we're not carrying them, no risk in losing them.

Or get them and store them somewhere. That was the money is spent even if we're robbed.

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
Store them where?

And we can't act as though we're assuming Naz is leaving town. It's in character, and logical of her, to hit up the greenhouses and nurseries here in town first, or at least a couple of them. If for nothing else than to ask some questions.
And even assuming Yuuka is the one answer, we can't leave until we have a better idea where to find her. Otherwise we'd be wandering around the boondocks until our death clock runs out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Store them where?
And we can't act as though we're assuming Naz is leaving town. It's in character, and logical of her, to hit up the greenhouses and nurseries here in town first, or at least a couple of them. If for nothing else than to ask some questions.
And even assuming Yuuka is the one answer, we can't leave until we have a better idea where to find her. Otherwise we'd be wandering around the boondocks until our death clock runs out.

Yeaaaah, that's kinda the big snag here. We gotta narrow it down more than just 'Somewhere to the southwest'.
The way I see it, that garden's our only shot at it. Folks have done a lot of things they don't want to for the sake of living.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 07:56:04 AM »
I've played enough RPGs to know that someone here in town has to know something that can help point us in the right direction. But until we find that person (and I'm damned if I can think of who that might be) then we should exhaust our potential sources here in town for the seeds.
You never know. Someone at one of these nurseries and gardens here in town might know something.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2012, 08:01:04 AM »
Wouldn't Keine, or one of her associates know more about the location?
And I do agree though, there's bound to be someone who can tell us the info we're after.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
This isn't Keine's department. If anyone would know about plants and such, it would have been the eggheads back at the alchemy/herbology department back there, and I'm not sure scouring the place for a 'better' expert than doctor floatzel would get us anywhere. She told us about it, but I think we'll have to look somewhere else for more precise directions.

Either that, or find a magician that specializes in tracking organic matter, since that's one thing we can't douse for.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 08:09:16 AM »
...Yeah! There's bound to be someone who can do that!
If we find that person, then the way to the garden is all but assured!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
I've my doubts it'll be that easy, but it's an avenue that might be worth exploring. Since this school has an enchantment section, it stands to reason that there'd be one for divination, as well.
You blokes think we should look into that while we're here?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »
Well, it's worth a shot man.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2012, 08:25:57 AM »
Bear in mind, though, that even if we find a mage exactly like we want, I still say we need to visit at least one nursery here in town, to inquire about the seeds. It'd be too meta-gamey if we ignored in-town options before ruling them out and went right to the FC.

>Abort travel plants for now.
>During our walkings about here on campus, did we see a general campus guide, or any indication of a divination section of the place?

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
>During our walkings about here on campus, did we see a general campus guide, or any indication of a divination section of the place?

>While there have been signposts pointing to individual buildings, scattered here and there, you have not noticed an overall map and certainly no index of which departments are housed in which buildings.

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 02:16:42 AM »
>Well, since out on-campus friends have left from us pity we didn't have this idea sooner look around for one to probe for directions.

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 04:12:45 AM »
>Well, since out on-campus friends have left from us pity we didn't have this idea sooner look around for one to probe for directions.

>There are several other people nearby, either walking between buildings or seated at the benches around the circle. A least a couple of them don't appear particularly busy at the moment.

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »
>Approach the easiest most approachable looking unbusy one.