Author Topic: Best Idea Mafia - Game Over  (Read 23595 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Best Idea Mafia - Game Over
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:22:19 AM »
In 1942, the British came up with the brilliant idea to make aircraft carriers out of ice. They would be unsinkable, insulated, resistant to explosives, easily repairable, and cheap to boot! Unfortunately, cost and time overruns invalidated any potential benefits, and by 1943 the sole prototype had been left to melt in Canada, which it would over the course of three summers.

Welcome to Best Idea Mafia.

Modded by Conqueror and Dormio. Send queries and night actions to both mods to allow for maximum coverage.

Rules:
0) Whatever the mod says goes. In addition, these rules may be changed at any time.
1) You may not directly quote any communications with the moderator. Paraphrasing is allowed, but run it by the moderator first if you feel that it is too similar to the original content.
2) Play to win and have fun.
3) Days will last for 72 hours. Nights will last for 24.
4) You must post at least once every 24 hours. A failure to do so will result in prods. Multiple prods may be grounds for a modkill.
5) Use ##Vote: <Name> to vote. Minor variations will be accepted.
6) Use ##Unvote to unvote. Minor variations will be accepted.
7) Failure to reach a majority will result in no lynch occurring.
8) You may talk during twilight, though no votes may be moved during this time. Twilight is the time between the hammer and the moderator's flip.
9) You may talk during the night, however any content related to the game will be removed.
10) You may not speak to other players about the game through private methods of communication unless you have a role that facilitates such an activity.
11) You may not edit your posts. Use edits by way of post if you must.
12) You may not post after dying.

Shuffling on this mortal coil:
1) I have no name
2) Serela (feat. capt. h)
3) Omba
4) NekoNekoRex
6) PX (feat. Vhaltz)

Got their wings:
Clarence Odbody, ascended Night 0
Red Bull, shot Night 0
Buffalo, New York, fried Night 0
5) ActionDan - Lost on time Day 1
7) Dorian G. - Defaced Night 1

Useful links:
End of Day 1
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:14:04 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Pre-Confirmation Phase
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:40:07 AM »
All role pms have been sent! Game will start when enough people have confirmed.

5/7
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:31:51 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Confirmation Phase
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:53:13 AM »
Role Get
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:56:57 AM »
.confirm
oh wait I'm supposed to use a slash.
Too used to SRL I guess.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 03:03:26 AM »
Just a friendly reminder to CC PMs to Conq to myself if possible. Cheers.

<Conqueror> OP updated with this important reminder!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:09:32 AM by Conqueror »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 03:22:48 AM »
Look at my horse
My horse is amazing
Give it a lick
It taste just like raisins
Have a stroke of its mane
It turns into a plane
And then it turns back again
When you tug on its winker
Ooh that's dirty
Do you think so
Well I better not show
You where the lemonade is made
Sweet lemonade
Hmm sweet lemonade
Sweet lemonade
Yeah sweet lemonade
*Keyboard solo*
Get on my horse
I'll take you around the universe
and all the other places too
I think you'll find the universe
pretty much covers everything
Shut up woman get on my horse

Uhhh, /confirm?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 04:22:50 AM »
Confirmed!

PX graduated in Monkey-On-Back class to being the back instead of the money, so I have capt.h now :smug:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 04:28:35 AM »
Hi, in case of mafia emergency please break the glass and /confirm.

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:33:40 AM »
/confirm

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »
Confirm and reporting for duty.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
Re: Best Idea Mafia - D1 Start
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »
Best number of confirmations? Best time to start.

I have no name (0):
Serela (0):
Omba (0):
NekoNekoRex (0):
ActionDan (0):
PX (feat. Vhaltz) (0):
Dorian G. (0):

Not Voting: Everyone else

With 7 in play, it takes 4 to lynch.

Go forth and show everyone that you are the best at mafia.
You have 72 hours to talk amongst yourselves and decide on a lynch.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:58:59 PM by Ran Yakumo »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »
First jokevotes are best jokevotes

##vote: Dorian G.

for being a G

my sense of humor is very bad today
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 02:23:10 PM »
##Vote: Serela because emoticons pre-game imply information.

Dorian White

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 03:13:26 PM »
##Vote: Omba
I have no idea what that in you signature is but it looks suspiciously heretic.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:05 PM »
I'm a Miller. Possibly also of the death variety if the role implications are what they seem.

Anyway now that that is thrown out there, ##Vote: Action Dan
Obviously a man of action would be quicker to post
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Best Idea Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
I think the title is in need of editing...

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »
##Vote NekoNekoRex

Totally voting the claimed miller.

Dorian: Sure it is, if you count nurses and text you can't read as heretic. :V

More seriously, about Neko's claim. I think we should handle it the same as a normal miller claim (i.e. not lynch him for it on D1).

Dorian White

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »
So you want to tell me that those hypnotic colors are not meant to confuse ones mind making it accessible for the influence chaos? Tell that to the inquisition, cause you wouldn't fool me with it heretic.

On the more important topic, the miller claim is null. The possibility that it could be a death miller worries me a bit but that's because I've to wonder what else this setup has to offer.^^;;

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 10:02:24 PM »
##Vote NekoNekoRex

Not for miller claim, just cuz

Also hi Serela

ActionDan

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
I'd have RVS-voted Px for that awful 3-year outdated song but this is important:

I'm a Miller. Possibly also of the death variety if the role implications are what they seem.

I would like you to expand on this just a bit.  I'll give a fuller explaination as to why after the answer.  is this listed passively?  (I am being vague on purpose).

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 11:01:15 PM »
Best Idea? Best Votecount.

I have no name (0):
Serela (1): I have no name
Omba (1): Dorian. G
NekoNekoRex (2): Omba, PX
ActionDan (1): NekoNekoRex
PX (feat. Vhaltz) (0):
Dorian G. (1): Serela

Not Voting: ActionDan
With 7 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

You have 61 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:55:10 AM by Conqueror »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 11:26:54 PM »
I would like you to expand on this just a bit.  I'll give a fuller explaination as to why after the answer.  is this listed passively?  (I am being vague on purpose).
If by "Passive" you mean "I can't do anything about it" then yes. How would you like me to expand? With flavor? Are you asking me to claim further?

ActionDan

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 12:14:37 AM »
Pretty much yes.  I'll phrase it another way.  Is it (miller status [possibly including death miller]) implicit from flavor only or more than that (and you don't have to go further than this to fully satisfy me)

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 01:50:03 AM »
The Miller status is part of my role, the Death Miller status is implied through flavor, I believe

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 02:24:26 AM »
Well, um, this is starting pretty slow. Maybe it's because we only have like half as many players as a game usually has.

Out of the three people viable for me to vote that already have a vote on them (Aka not people at 0, myself, or my current vote), I don't PARTICULARLY think Neko is scum nor do I really think Dan is either... at the moment, but that could go anywhere (I mean we're pretty much at RVS still, so. Looking forward to what Dan has to say now that he's gotten his answers, for that matter.) so that leaves Omba, who went "Okay let's vote the claimed miller!" so I guess I'm pretty okay with my new vote considering the current state of the game.

##unvote ##Vote Omba

It was sort of tempting to L-1 Neko just for shits and giggles, but, uh, no.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 02:29:19 AM »
The logic behind my vote is that we're at RVS and making almost-a-jokevote on someone currently at 0 isn't as likely to help move anything along as trying to make wagons, but l-1ing Neko just for the sake of doing it is probably also useless nor do I really want him at l-1.

I'm really tired, I'm going to bed. See you all tomorrow!

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
Re: Best Idea Mafia - Day One
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 06:07:09 AM »
ActionDan, what exactly are you searching for there?

And Serela, how does voting someone for the stated reason of "hey, we need a wagon" achieve anything? If you haven't noticed, that vote was an RVS one, as you can see a few lines below where I state I don't want him policy lynched.
Also, why do you think making a wagon grow would be more helpful than voting someone who has zero votes at this point?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 06:13:27 AM »
ohgodit's2amwhyamInotasleep

well

if someone could actually make a good reason to vote them there'd be that, but, I mean, there's not really anything going on yet. Honesty, I wouldn't have posted due to lack of anything happened yet, but I was -planning- on going to bed directly after (WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT) and by the time I woke up it would have been prod time for me, so I decided to bunker in and try to get something out.

Even if you say "I don't want them lynched", you did vote for them, so, *Shrug*

The most interesting thing so far is ActionDan's amusing questioning, but he hasn't explained it yet, so.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 07:49:29 AM »
I'm only really doing this so that you can have an update on the amount of time remaining votecount.

I have no name (0):
Serela (1): I have no name
Omba (2): Dorian. G, Serela
NekoNekoRex (2): Omba, PX
ActionDan (1): NekoNekoRex
PX (feat. Vhaltz) (0):
Dorian G. (0):

Not Voting: ActionDan
With 7 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

You have 52.5 hours remaining.

ActionDan

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »
The Miller status is part of my role, the Death Miller status is implied through flavor, I believe

Ok.  correct me if I'm wrong, but you are saying that "miller" is included somewhere in your role name (e.g NightKill-immune miller vig) + it's listed as an ability but the death miller part is in not explicit but lies somewhere in the flavor?  This is what I'm assuming for now.

Alright I've been wondering if Dormio was bastard enough to include two millers ("two millers?!? but there is only one claimed miller!" teehee) in this set-up.  I think it's possible, considering his love-affair with millers in the last few games.  also pretty sure Conq would allow it.

ANYWAY.  Yes it's true!  I'm a miller also.  Not just a miller, but a Super miller.  Let me explain the bastardlyness. Any concievable investigation will be "unfavorable."  Conq said apparently it's the equivlent of the passive part of Yuno's role from sword girls.  What I think this means (mod didn't confirm or deny more than what's in my role pm) is that firstly, I'll show up as anti-town to cop investigations (possibly like a not innocent or simply a scum result, or maybe even 3rd party) , rolecop results I bet are bound to be screwed up (not sure how), if someone dies in the night, any watchers watching them and any trackers tracking me with show me visiting the dead person.  Also I'm betting that if anything else can incriminate me, it will.  Ironically, the only milleresque thing I may not be is a death miller (It isn't mentioned in any way, and I didn't ask about it yet).

When I saw Neko first claim miller I thought it was very possible that it was a fake-claim.  FTR, "Super miller" is not in my role name but in my flavor.  It is also not listed in my abilities (if I have any).  I am not really coming to any strong conclusions here other than I think I should feel better if you were magically transported out of the game.

Um. as for the four other people who have posted I am good with Serela for this line with the back and forth with Omba: (even though it's more nuanced than that, see below)
Even if you say "I don't want them lynched", you did vote for them, so, *Shrug*

and am ok with Px's rvs vote (not that I think it was a particularly good vote, just that it was 'in the moment')

Omba may I ask how RVS voting the person you wouldn't lynch for the miller claim D1 advances the game for you? (gonna pre-empt this a bit by saying I reconize the difference between "not wanting them lynched" and "not wanting them lynched for the miller claim alone")

On the more important topic, the miller claim is null. The possibility that it could be a death miller worries me a bit but that's because I've to wonder what else this setup has to offer.^^;;

I don't get where this worry comes from for the reason you stated (i.e. "I wonder what else there is") from a town perspective.  Can you explain what was going through your mind?

##Vote Dorian

*obligatory lurker prod on IHNN*

Don't lynch me.