Author Topic: Touhou...er...I mean...King of Fighters : SkyStage  (Read 18753 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Touhou...er...I mean...King of Fighters : SkyStage
« on: April 22, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »
Yes, it is true.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/04/22/the-king-of-fighters-sky-stage-puzzles-fans/

This is the new King of Fighters release.

With Classic characters Kyo, Athena and etc usable characters in a 2d vertical scrolling shootan game.

Plus...yes, apparently you can graze.

Here is hoping the new game would mean more crossovers than Krizalid x Meiling.

lol
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Touhou...er...I mean...King of Fighters : SkyStage
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 12:24:17 PM »
Old news sorta. But yeah. KoF shmup yeaaaaa =_=

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Gpop

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
I'm so Terry Bogard. I wonder what his shot-type would be (assuming he's playable).

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 02:38:49 PM »
I'm so Terry Bogard. I wonder what his shot-type would be (assuming he's playable).

I think it is on development, assuming it is the whole cast of developers for the same game (including those who did the full 3D regulation A games) I am guessing Kyo (95 version), Athena Asamiya, Iori will be playable.

Bosses are likely Rugal/Ignis but more likely Rugal. Other bosses are likely Iori himself, possibly Chris/Orochi as final stage boss, and even those like Kim etc.

If so, let the fun begin. (This is actually quite silly as a game really)
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:07:59 PM »
Yeah, I heard about this.  Smacks of hilarity.

BUSTAAAH WOLF

MSN-02 Zeong

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:32 PM »
Chizuru would be awesome for this. She can reflect bullets!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 11:56:23 PM »
I am completely positive someone at SNK came up with this while looking at the inexplicable amount of Touhou+KoF art out there.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 12:23:38 AM »
I am completely positive someone at SNK came up with this while looking at the inexplicable amount of Touhou+KoF art out there.

Oh christ, that stuff.  Like the adorable Meiling-dating-Krizalid series.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:28:51 AM »
Like the adorable Meiling-dating-Krizalid series.
Confirmed for final boss duo battle.
(Funnily enough, I didn't really know about Krizalid until a buddy of mine, who got me into KoF and fighting as a genre, told me more. He then grilled me on why Krizalid was dating Meiling... Daw.)

BUSTAAAH WOLF

In case you can't tell, I'm actually really looking forward to this. Above-mentioned buddy, other guys, my sister, and I already play Fighting and Shootan' games a whole ton... So why not do it all? He'll probably get the game first and then we'll all have an all-night session of both the main game and this spin-off.

Elixir

• I am an insufferable jerk.
    • タンブルウィード
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 12:43:55 AM »
Looks like it's taking a page out of Shikigami's book.

They really need to release Twinkle Star Sprites on XBLA with good netcode.

Gunbazca

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 07:00:20 AM »
Ah... danmaku of KoFxTouhou Doujins will ensue. finally some male presence.

I wonder if Chado would do a Eight Orochi Elementals (Goenitz, Shermie, Chris, and the like... forgot the exact name of that group) vs Patchy doujin. That would be awshum.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »
I wonder if Chado would do a Eight Orochi Elementals (Goenitz, Shermie, Chris, and the like... forgot the exact name of that group)

Goenitz, Shermie, Chris, Yashiro, Yamizaki, Vice, Mature, and Leona's unnamed father. Hilariously, Yamizaki of all people was the only one to survive that arc.

More KoF x Touhou would be fun since I'm also a KoF fan.

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 02:54:08 AM »
like I said in similar threads elsewhere, the last boss is likely to be Magaki :p

(other posters have said "how are the grapplers going to attack in the game?")
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
A KoF shmup?... What's next, a GG real-time strategy?!. ::)

(Funnily enough, I didn't really know about Krizalid until a buddy of mine, who got me into KoF and fighting as a genre, told me more. He then grilled me on why Krizalid was dating Meiling... Daw.)

Krizalid x Meiling is news to me. Could you fill me in on the reason behind the pairing please?.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:00:26 PM by Chainsaw Guitar »

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »
Meiling's f5b is similar to Krizalid's tornado kick thing (the moving version), though not as good as :D
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 08:15:47 AM »
LMAO!, are you serious?. If that's the case, then why isn't she paired up with Yun from 3rd strike instead?. Most of her moves is based off his. XD

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »
LMAO!, are you serious?. If that's the case, then why isn't she paired up with Yun from 3rd strike instead?. Most of her moves is based off his. XD

You serious?

Source or I am not convinced.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:41:58 AM by Chainsaw Guitar »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 08:48:02 AM »
I strongly doubt it's a direct reference since they're both just using standard chinese martial arts. Lots of other characters move in similar ways too.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
I agree with Stuffman,

It is a reference to popular martial art called Ba Ji Quan (Or Octagonal Technique)

Other popular references are

Negima
Melty Blood's Arima-chan
Haruka from Love Hina

They all use this technique, the striking move is also commonplace referred to as "Pouncing Horse Break Fist" Translated directly from "Ma Bu Peng Quan"

This is a martial art practiced by many for its highly economic movement. (you mainly practice by walking in circles and pointing your fists to eight directions.)

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 04:32:23 PM »
what CG meant, is that Meiling's 236a/236b is similar to Yun's hqf+P (which in turn is similar to one of Tung Fu Rue's moves), and Meiling's 3rd scs are similar to Yun's You Hou super. Now, for why isn't she associated with Yun.. perhaps it's because she doesn't have his dive kick and the Genei Jin super (some may include his command grab, too), which imho are more used/useful for people who play as him :p
Translations.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »
Also, another key similarity in Meiling and Krizalid is that their respective bosses are not very nice to them.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
what CG meant, is that Meiling's 236a/236b is similar to Yun's hqf+P (which in turn is similar to one of Tung Fu Rue's moves), and Meiling's 3rd scs are similar to Yun's You Hou super. Now, for why isn't she associated with Yun.. perhaps it's because she doesn't have his dive kick and the Genei Jin super (some may include his command grab, too), which imho are more used/useful for people who play as him :p

^ This. Meiling should have had that super, and should have been top tier dagnabbit!.  >:(

Also, another key similarity in Meiling and Krizalid is that their respective bosses are not very nice to them.

Sakuya is only mean to Meiling in fanon... D:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:43:23 AM by Chainsaw Guitar »