Author Topic: Where Would You Most Want to Live in Gensokyo?  (Read 70596 times)

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
Re: Where Would You Most Want to Live in Gensokyo?
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
And no, you don't have to be human - you could choose to be any species you wanted, to give you more freedom of places to choose from.

Maaji? Easy mode? KIMOI!!
rofl bye

AntKiller

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2009, 10:51:59 AM »
Whoever drew this is a got-dam genius.
Thank you!
I can give you an autograph if you want! hahaha :3

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 11:01:18 AM »

also in D&D humans have the best classes and dual/triple classes bwahahaha

Being a half-human Youmu probably can triple class though. Fighter/Mage/Cleric ftw!

(humans can't triple though, since they can't multi, but they can dual as Marisa clearly shows as a classic example of a Mage/thief)
rofl bye

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
Thank you!
I can give you an autograph if you want! hahaha :3

It's enough to know who I give credit to if I post it elsewhere. Nice to see MSPaint getting some love.

Maaji? Easy mode? KIMOI!!

Yeah, maybe it's kinda cheapish to be able to take on a species with a chance of surviving outside the Human Village, but I thought, why confine yourself to one little patch of land?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2009, 11:12:04 AM »

Yeah, maybe it's kinda cheapish to be able to take on a species with a chance of surviving outside the Human Village, but I thought, why confine yourself to one little patch of land?

Marisa survives, why can't you? You just have to train your legs for when things like this happen:

rofl bye

Tengukami

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »
Is that so?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 03:14:50 AM »
I'd be a half youkai/human and live near the human village (outskirts)or the Forest of Magic. Mostly because i'm a loner kinda guy and want the quiet area.

Typical days would be like...going to town to shop for food if needed or other things, visitin the SDM to play with my "dear" friend Remilia and whatnot. Do odd jobs for Keine, Eirin, Reimu, Satori or other people needing work done. Trek to youkai mountain to give the Moriya Shrine some donations and faith perhaps.  Visiting the Underground in winter and having a second home there or in the city area of it.  Of course I'd still visit Remilia nonetheless hehe. Just trying to stay on everyone's good side so they won't attack me ._.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Contempt

« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2009, 03:28:04 AM »
Marisa survives, why can't you? You just have to train your legs for when things like this happen:

Ahh, she just wants a hug! *decapitation of self is imminent*

Hmm, I just got to wondering. Realizing all the dangers that pose a threat to your life and all the horrible ways to die, would you want to live there as a human? If I had to be human I would risk it just for a shot at unnatural power!

But I would want to start out in the human village for... obvious reasons.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 03:30:20 AM by Contempt »

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »
For me, it would have to be the Forest of Magic. The idea of living in a secluded place full of natural beauty would be ideal.

My typical day would probably involve wandering aimlessly, gathering whatever it is that I need to survive in moderate comfort, just relaxing, or experimenting with various hobbies.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 10:21:54 PM »
And getting eaten by the dangerous youkai that live there?

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
I think the forest is actually one of the safest places in that aspect. I don't remember any aggressive youkais living there... probably Marisa and Alice's fault (especially Marisa). I do think it's crowded with fairies and other low-level stuff though...
rofl bye

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:45 PM »
...um. Normal humans like us can handle a couple fairies easily but >3 would probably kill us. You have to consider that WE DO NOT HAVE MAGICAL POWERS.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2009, 10:38:05 PM »
Actually, it was mentioned in the books that there are even carnivorous plants capable of eating a person...
In retrospect, just being an ordinary human and alive outside of the protected village or shrine is a feat unto itself.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
...um. Normal humans like us can handle a couple fairies easily but >3 would probably kill us. You have to consider that WE DO NOT HAVE MAGICAL POWERS.

Except I think most fairies aren't outright aggressive, luckily. Bumping into Rumia or Mystia would be a SERIOUS issue though and whoever comes close enough to SDM to be in China's sight is very probably dead.

As a human living in Gensokyou I believe I'd look up to Reimu and Marisa and would make my best to pick up magic. Ideally I think I'd wish to be at a level somewhat... say, a slightly hard stage 3 boss. Strong enough to fend off 90% of the problems and not strong enough to pick up the attention of the strong people. That and try and make friends with said strong people whenever I could. Yukari's gang and the people of Youkai Mountain come to mind, both groups being "approachable" (the first one through Chen and the second one through Aya and Suwako (Also Sanae to a lesser extent))
rofl bye

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2009, 11:14:21 PM »
Except I think most fairies aren't outright aggressive, luckily. Bumping into Rumia or Mystia would be a SERIOUS issue though and whoever comes close enough to SDM to be in China's sight is very probably dead.

Now now why would Mystia be a serious issue, she wouldn't inflict any severe or fatal injuries to anyone.  It's bad for business.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2009, 11:17:31 PM »
Now now why would Mystia be a serious issue, she wouldn't inflict any severe or fatal injuries to anyone.  It's bad for business.

Exactly what do you think that hot dog's made of?
rofl bye

Greyn

• Microwaving, please wait.
  • Berninghousn
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2009, 11:21:12 PM »
Exactly what do you think that hot dog's made of?

Lamprey.

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »
Canonically Youkai are weak against traditions and religion, so carrying a bunch of ofuda around should protect you from anything up to team 9. That won't protect you from anything from stage 3 and up, but those can't be everywhere at once with the possible exception of Yukari and even if they do run into you they aren't aggressive unless you do something dumb.

And if you run into Yuka you could probably just run away. ZUN himself claims that she's slow, after all.

Alice

• 英雄不怕太陽高
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 04:08:12 PM »
Probably you can survive if you have enough weapons and amunitions. Can we kill fairies using automatic rifle?

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2009, 04:12:45 PM »

Probably you can survive if you have enough weapons and amunitions. Can we kill fairies using automatic rifle?

Probably, but that would be hard to come by in Gensokyou. Also, that would set "The Strongest" right on your tail and you'd be a popsickle before you even noticed u.u
rofl bye

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
  • Oh, so this trial of guts is for ME?
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2009, 06:50:01 PM »
Bamboo Forest of Lost.  I'd like to know what noise in there is all about.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
  • Oh, so this trial of guts is for ME?
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »
Quote from: Pesco47
In Kaguya's Pants.

Fixed  ;D

Hey, HEY!!  What are you going on about?!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:06:26 PM by Fujiwara no Mokou »

Tengukami

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2009, 09:52:40 AM »
In Kaguya's Pants.

Kimiko posted a link to a doujin featuring either Kaguya or Mokou stuck waist-deep in a hole, the removal of pants, and Keine walking in at the worst possible moment. It was funny as hell and I'd love to see it again.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2009, 03:27:12 PM »
Anyone mind listing all good to live location? I need a travel agent!  ;D

Gpop

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
Anyone mind listing all good to live location? I need a travel agent!  ;D

Marisa is probably the best at this

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »
Already watched that, I bet mokou won't mind living in that burning house. ;D

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2009, 05:30:24 AM »
I would live a good distance away from everyone in the series that has been named because that's a boatload of unnecessary drama waiting to happen. I can get by just fine keeping acquaintances with whatever named characters I happen to run into.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2009, 07:27:40 PM »
So I'm a bit late to the party but this sounds like fun.

I would definitely pick the Scarlet Devil Mansion because I love the architecture, and given how much resources the entire mansion has, I could probably live comfortably forever. Good food, sleeping quarters, lots of room, a library, everything.

Also, I could donate blood to Remilia in exchange for some <3 if you get my drift hehe

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2009, 10:27:14 PM »

I would definitely pick the Scarlet Devil Mansion because I love the architecture, and given how much resources the entire mansion has, I could probably live comfortably forever.

Except you'd get eaten right at the gate but, oh well...
rofl bye