Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 9)  (Read 47291 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 9)
« Reply #930 on: July 14, 2012, 04:24:45 AM »
>Is there... anyone manning that harness rig, anyone with a safety line or anything, or are people leaving that kappa to her own devices?

>She appears to be juggling the whole works herself; you're pretty sure it's intended to be the safety line. No one else seems to be paying her any mind.

« Reply #931 on: July 14, 2012, 04:33:39 AM »
>Gape at Ishi and her rig for a moment, then head up into the wheelhouse.
>If Murasa's not obviously busy, point at the kappa. "Is that entirely... safe?"

« Reply #932 on: July 14, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »
>Gape at Ishi and her rig for a moment, then head up into the wheelhouse.
>If Murasa's not obviously busy, point at the kappa. "Is that entirely... safe?"

>You gape at the little kappa as she pull out a can of... something from her overalls, and points it at the gash in the rotor. Then some sort of foamy substance, looking almost like whipped cream, sprays out of it in impressive quantities. You hear a sailor near you snicker on their breath. They glance conspicuously away as you glance in their direction.
>You head up to the wheelhouse. You find Murasa presently steering the ship, though it doesn't seem to be taking much of her attention to do so. You ask after Ishi.
>Murasa chuckles. "Probably not. She'll be fine, though; she's a better engineer than she looks. Besides, you'd need a death wish to try getting between her and fixing things when she's in this kind of a mood."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #933 on: July 14, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »
>"Hopefully she'll be alright, we can't exactly lose the chief engineer can we?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #934 on: July 14, 2012, 04:50:39 AM »
>"Well, if you say so, captain."
>Offer a small grin. "Though, if you'd like, I can grab a net or something to catch her, just in case."

« Reply #935 on: July 14, 2012, 04:55:54 AM »
>"Hopefully she'll be alright, we can't exactly lose the chief engineer can we?"

>Murasa cracks a little smile. "The place would fall apart without her. But she'll be fine, really. She's pulled off a lot worse than this. It's just there's no place around here to dry dock, so we gotta make repairs while that thing's still chugging. It's just a patch job, but it should do us until Val Razua. Lucky that rock didn't tear a bigger hole, though, or we'd probably be on the bottom of the clouds by now." She frowns. "Uh, not to give you something else to worry about or anything."

>"Well, if you say so, captain."
>Offer a small grin. "Though, if you'd like, I can grab a net or something to catch her, just in case."

>Murasa laughs again. "Her head's too hard to get hurt from that kinda fall, anyway. But thanks just the same."

« Reply #936 on: July 14, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »
>Nice to see the good guys laugh again.
>"Well, that does relate to what I'm doing up here, though. I may not be 100%, but I'm a damn sight better now than I was. Where can I be of most use?"

« Reply #937 on: July 14, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
>Nice to see the good guys laugh again.
>"Well, that does relate to what I'm doing up here, though. I may not be 100%, but I'm a damn sight better now than I was. Where can I be of most use?"

>Murasa frowns and sizes you up. "You said you didn't have any sailing experience, right? How about welding?" Then she shakes her head. "Nah, forget I even asked - probably more dangerous than dealing with the pirates. I suppose you could help scrub some of the blood out of the hallway, maybe? Actually... can you cook?"

« Reply #938 on: July 14, 2012, 07:30:27 AM »
>"Enough to get by. It's a far cry from my specialty, of course."

« Reply #939 on: July 14, 2012, 07:39:22 AM »
>"Enough to get by. It's a far cry from my specialty, of course."

>"Well, you can probably chop things without cutting your fingers off, anyway," Murasa says. "That'll do. Go give Miyuki a hand. She says she can still manage, and I don't doubt for a second she can, but that doesn't mean she couldn't use a little help. And the lot of us can probably use a good supper more than a clean hallway, anyway."

« Reply #940 on: July 14, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan."
>Glance at Ishi again, just to make sure she's still hanging there, then nod to Murasa and turn to leave.
>Pause, however, at the door. Damn our rodent curiosity.....
>"Captain?"

« Reply #941 on: July 14, 2012, 07:51:26 AM »
>"Sounds like a plan."
>Glance at Ishi again, just to make sure she's still hanging there, then nod to Murasa and turn to leave.
>Pause, however, at the door. Damn our rodent curiosity.....
>"Captain?"

>Murasa nods. "Great."
>You can't actually see Ishi from inside here, though you didn't hear anything splatter against the deck either, so she's probably still in one piece.
>You nod back at Murasa and turn to leave. Then you pause.
>She glances back up at you. "Yeah?"

« Reply #942 on: July 14, 2012, 08:07:05 AM »
>"What was that thing?"

« Reply #943 on: July 14, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »
>"What was that thing?"

>"What thing?" she asks, giving you a funny look.

« Reply #944 on: July 14, 2012, 08:10:09 AM »
>"You know what I mean. What were those pirates here for? It didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before."

« Reply #945 on: July 14, 2012, 09:06:23 PM »
>"You know what I mean. What were those pirates here for? It didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before."

>She screws up her face. "Hell if I know, but a lotta people seem to want their hands on it for some reason. Must know somethin' I don't."

« Reply #946 on: July 14, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »
>Blink.
>"You didn't know what it was? Then, why was it so well hidden? What's so significant about it?"

« Reply #947 on: July 14, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »
>Blink.
>"You didn't know what it was? Then, why was it so well hidden? What's so significant about it?"

>She shrugs. "Whatever it was that we definitely didn't have on board was important to someone, anyway. Probably magic, but what do I know? I just do delivery. Whatever it is, it's real old, that's for sure."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #948 on: July 14, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »
>"Yeah, but, why hide it that well, if you didn't know anything about it?"
>Frown.
>"Do you have any other things like that hidden onboard, captain?"

« Reply #949 on: July 14, 2012, 10:30:49 PM »
>"Yeah, but, why hide it that well, if you didn't know anything about it?"
>Frown.
>"Do you have any other things like that hidden onboard, captain?"

>"Knew someone was after it," she says. "That's enough. And if I did, I couldn't tell ya, sorry. But if you're worried about more pirates showing up, then it would surprise the hell out of me."

« Reply #950 on: July 14, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »
>"Actually, I'm wondering more about who would have gone to such lengths in the first place."
>"Not that I expect you to tell me, captain. Obviously this person who hired you didn't want anyone to know who they were, so you're probably sworn to secrecy."

« Reply #951 on: July 14, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »
>"Actually, I'm wondering more about who would have gone to such lengths in the first place."
>"Not that I expect you to tell me, captain. Obviously this person who hired you didn't want anyone to know who they were, so you're probably sworn to secrecy."

>"What people?" she asks with a staunchly neutral expression on her face. "But really, you could always take Aya's word on it, if you want. She seemed to think she had it figured out." The corner of her mouth twitches.

« Reply #952 on: July 14, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »
>Nod a couple times. "I hear you, captain."
>Remilia Scarlet. Some bigwig in Val Razua. Wonder if we'll cross this one's path at some point. But, one worry at a time.
>"Well, thank you for that, captain."
>If she has nothing else to say, to the galley!

« Reply #953 on: July 15, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »
>Nod a couple times. "I hear you, captain."
>Remilia Scarlet. Some bigwig in Val Razua. Wonder if we'll cross this one's path at some point. But, one worry at a time.
>"Well, thank you for that, captain."
>If she has nothing else to say, to the galley!

>"Good," she says simply.
>She nods. "Sure. Wish I had more to tell you, really."

>You leave and head back downstairs and into the galley. You find Miyuki there, struggling to haul a large sack out of the pantry while keeping herself propped up on her crutch. She's managing fairly well, all things considered.

« Reply #954 on: July 15, 2012, 12:57:18 AM »
>"Mind if I give you a hand with that?"

« Reply #955 on: July 15, 2012, 01:14:41 AM »
>"Mind if I give you a hand with that?"

>Miyuki pauses her efforts and cranes her neck back over her shoulder. She looks at you a moment. "Actually, sure."
>She lets go of the bag and straightens herself up. "Just bring it over by the counter here."

« Reply #956 on: July 15, 2012, 01:21:31 AM »
>"Gotcha."
>Grab Miyuki's sack and either drag or carry it where she asked, which way were prefer handling sacks.
>"Captain figured that here was a good a place as many to make myself useful. Didn't go for my 'Ishi catching' idea."

« Reply #957 on: July 15, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »
>"Gotcha."
>Grab Miyuki's sack and either drag or carry it where she asked, which way were prefer handling sacks.
>"Captain figured that here was a good a place as many to make myself useful. Didn't go for my 'Ishi catching' idea."

>You go and pick up the sack Miyuki was grappling with and haul it over to the place she indicated. It actually is fairly heavy, though not particularly unwieldy when you can use both hands. It seems to be filled with potatoes.
>At the same time, Miyuki makes her way over to the cupboards and roots around inside one. Pans and utensils clatter loudly over each other. "The place is still a mess," she says, pulling out a large metal pot, "but at least the pirates didn't break anything."
>Miyuki frowns wryly. "What's she doing now?"

« Reply #958 on: July 15, 2012, 01:49:16 AM »
>"Dangling below the damaged rotor. By a rig that I don't think I'd trust to hold my goldfish. But the captain said she'd be all right, even got a laugh out of her, so, I left well 'nuff alone."

« Reply #959 on: July 15, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »
>"Dangling below the damaged rotor. By a rig that I don't think I'd trust to hold my goldfish. But the captain said she'd be all right, even got a laugh out of her, so, I left well 'nuff alone."

>"I'm sure she'll be fine," Miyuki says without much concern in her voice. "She knows what she's doing. Most of the time."
>She fetches a large knife and cutting board.