Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 238536 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2012, 08:06:29 AM »
Expansion is why I'm holding off in case of new Shikigami changes

jsyk

Sorry~

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2012, 12:03:17 AM »
I remember reading somewhere that Kasen, Yorihime, and Toyohime were actually shikigami not new characters.
Yeah this was revealed in the video, although you had to look close to notice.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2012, 01:20:18 PM »
Status update:
Translations may change, but it seems that all the images that should be translated are cleaned and ready.
Here's the pack with current versions: http://www.mediafire.com/?p8i4464rwdnvhza
I guess the only changes from previous one are adding the in-game objects (character dir) and changed font for formation names (txtB11.png and 30line_font.png).

For now I'll be waiting for notes about texts that should be changed.

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2012, 08:44:06 PM »
Thank you very much Dennou!
Just one thing, the alchemy screen still lists stave as 'blunt'.   

DennouNeko

• The Cat of Knowledge and Shadow
  • I do some coding and image editing
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2012, 08:53:36 PM »
Thank you very much Dennou!
Just one thing, the alchemy screen still lists stave as 'blunt'.

No problem.
And my bad... It seems that I've updated the text but forgot to export it as png :blush:
Here's the updated file: http://www.mediafire.com/?8pugh4xlclu997e

« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2012, 01:21:02 AM »
ネグロ - Was liberally translated as "Nero" for comfort.

I believe that the name might be intended to reference the Spanish word for the color black, which is pronounced the same way as the katakana indicate.  As a result, one possible course of action might be to use a word for the color black from a different language.  For example, Noir (French) might work, or maybe even Kuro (Japanese).  (Although now that I check, Nero seems to be the Italian word for the color black, too.  If that was your intention from the beginning, and if you already know all of this, then sorry about that.)

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2012, 04:23:18 PM »
Just a quick note that I'm not dead, just reaaaally busy the last few weeks. I'm still working on the files slowly though, especially since the game's dialogue should be unchanged from whatever they have up their sleeve in future patches/expansions. Just 0208, 0209, 0210 finished since last update, but I should be (slightly) more free now to make more progress on it.

I'll upload them sometime later this week.

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2012, 01:49:12 AM »
I'll be ready to work on some files in a day or two, just resting up from studying for finals. If you have any files that need translating and aren't likely to be horribly mangled in the expansion, feel free to tell me which ones.

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2012, 06:31:14 AM »
Currently, I'm just waiting on the expansion before resuming. Once that's out I'll go over the changes. Then I'll also see what needs to be done to get the English patch working for GoS Weekend before swinging back around to DoD.

As always, I'm happy to hear from the people willing to help out.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »
Yep, once the expansion comes out, just let me know what the new raw changes are and I'll get to it on my part. ^_^ Again, sorry for the slowness.

Screw you strawberry-bose for changing some of the stuff and rendering my old TLs obsolete D:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:40:28 AM by Suminoe Tranceko »

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2012, 03:47:03 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for your hard work...

sorry about the changes in the expansion :ohdear:
I hope a patch is released soon, thank you anyway

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2012, 04:38:25 AM »
Ahh finally it seems like Strawberry Bose has stopped with the updates :D

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2012, 08:15:17 AM »
Status update? Namely, I'm kind of looking forward to actually being able to decently play the game.

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »
Well I still need to finish up GoS.
The story files didn't change, but I assume Deranged has been busy. Hopefully the updates are all done. They've probably made some changes to the file Trance was working on, most likely numbers and such though.

Terribly sorry, I'll try to get this rolling again soon.

GuyYouMetOnline

Re: ?|?????????h???? Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2012, 02:06:26 AM »
Hey, not a problem. Just wanted to know where it was at.

« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2012, 09:41:13 PM »
GoS Weekend patch out. Now I'll need to start looking over this. 2.08 patch was released, apparently added engine changes, hopefully nothing that will cause any problems.
It would be nice to get more translators together if we want this to go faster. 

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2012, 11:04:48 PM »
You should take a break for a while. You've worked really hard.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2012, 02:47:08 AM »
You should take a break for a while. You've worked really hard.
Indeed, the GoS Weekend English Patch in itself is already a major achievement! Thank you for all the work, but you deserve a break now. ^^
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »
NO! NO BREAKS! DoD PATCH NOW!

Seriously, though, if he wants a break, then sure, he can take one, but if he wants to go right into working on this, I see no reason he shouldn't. Just work at your own pace, TNG.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »
S'cuse me for asking, but does anyone have any news on the patch itself?
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2012, 06:03:38 AM »
Having this on the second page makes me feel horrible!

Trance, Deranged, it would be great if you could let me know if you are alive still, and Syanas if you are still willing.

Now some stuff I might need more input on. 
 I could use some help with references to see if there is already a English prescient.  From the Five star stories we have the Jagd Mirage. In game it's called by J型駆逐戦闘戦士, a model type. I think Five Star Stories may have translations, in which case the classification types of the mechs would be nice. Otherwise "J-Type Extermination Combat Weapon" or ignore the obfuscation and go with Jagd Mirage.

Another is from the vn Ricotte~アルペンブルの歌姫~
シェブリッタ・ブランシュールThe last part of her name is Blancheur. But the first? Sheburitta? I'm not sure what the intention was as it's a 'foreign' name.

From Kaitō Tenshi Twin Angel 快盗天使ツインエンジェルシリーズ. Is the ツヴィリングエンゲル character. The start is Zwei but then it gets harder.

I've been shifting around but I'm starting to putter away at this.

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »
ツヴィリングエンゲル is Zwilling Engel. I haven't seen the show, but everything I've looked at is calling them "Twin Angels" even in Japanese. The German renaming in this seems intentional, so I say keep it as Zwilling Engel.

My best guess for シェブリッタ is Chevrita. Just about every other character in that game seems to be named after a cheese, and that's some kind of cheese at least.

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:21 AM »

Now some stuff I might need more input on. 
 I could use some help with references to see if there is already a English prescient.  From the Five star stories we have the Jagd Mirage. In game it's called by J型駆逐戦闘戦士, a model type. I think Five Star Stories may have translations, in which case the classification types of the mechs would be nice. Otherwise "J-Type Extermination Combat Weapon" or ignore the obfuscation and go with Jagd Mirage.

It's been a long time since I read Five Star Stories so my memory could be a bit off, but I don't really recall there being any formal classifications for the mechs.  They all see limited productions at best and it's not unusual for any given design to only have one or two units ever produced.  The narrative sorta treats each individual mech as a unique work of art.

Some are grouped into series though: Siren, Mighty, Engage, A-Toll, Mirage- to name a few.  The Mirage series were the iconic designs of the manga- basically the ones that got the most model kits- especially Knight of Gold, the Mirage D.  Jagd Mirage,  was listed as J型駆逐戦闘兵器 while other units in the series were designated just letters, like the Rouge Mirage and Terror Mirage were A型 and H型 respectively.

All that being said, I have no idea which way you should go- I doubt either "Jagd Mirage" would mean any more to most people than "J-Type Extermination Combat Weapon" would.  The former is certainly shorter and the difference boils down to the common name vs the technical one.  To compare it with a different franchise, the famous "Valkyrie" transforming plane from Macross/Robotech is technically known as the "VF-1" but it's generally called by the common name of Valkyrie and rarely referred to by its number.  Since they went out of their way to specifically use the less commonly referenced name, I guess that's the one you should go with.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:57:18 AM by gtf234 »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »
i'm alive.

i will... need to... finish this. yes. :ohdear:

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2012, 12:33:53 PM »
Ooh, it seems activity has begun again.
Good luck - I, for one, really appreciate all the work you're putting into this patch, since I'm really not keen on teaching myself crash-course Japanese :v
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2012, 08:32:18 AM »
Lulz. I don't have as much time as I did before, but I can still handle a few small files. That and I still never finished the game, so...

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »
Hooray~! Seems like activity has returned as Levi said... although, I can't really help you guys with the translations other than wishing good luck. (It already took me quite a lot of time to get used to english since it's my second language... so, japanese is a no go).

Since I'm nearly beating Genius Of Sappheiros Expansion, I'm looking forward to play DoD afterwards. I really love the titles from Strawberry Bose, and I want to thank you guys for the GoS translation, it was a wonderful job and I'd not get so far on the game without it.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2012, 04:07:44 AM »
I know it's rude, but is it okay if I prod the thread again and ask if people are actually still working on this behind the scenes?
I'm just curious due to the lack of progress reports compared to the GoS translation thread :/
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2012, 05:46:12 AM »
I'm curious as well, how much is there left to do?

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
I'm pretty busy during the week, but I'm slowly working on stuff when I can.

By the way, any preference towards 'kedama' vs 'hairball' they were 'hairball' in GoS.