Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 239723 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:38 PM »
About the - Element MP cost : -% (属性の消費MP : -% )and - Element Delay : -1 (-属性の遅延-1).
It also applies to Physical skills, such as the [+% element] weapons.
Too lazy to check how things like FIR/WTR/ELE/ETH MP cost : -25% work with Ice Sword Heat Hand(SLA+WTR+FIR),
but even without stacking elements, it is quite a strong strategy.
So translations shouldn't be like 'Fire Element Magic MP Cost: -25%', but 'Fire Element MP Cost: -25%' or something like that.

Same thing applies for Mystia's Passive, which also reduces MP cost for Physical Skills like Stun Blow, Butterfly Storm or Capture Web.
I'm not sure if it works with weapons having something like [Added Effect : Poison].

I don't know exactly about the + Cast Speed or the + Power, but I think it applies to physical attacks, too.
The wording in the JPN one is rather weird. Nobody should be able to 'Cast' physical attacks.

Some errors or ambiguities.
Chen's Passive means that normal attacks occasionally become row attacks.
Reisen's Passive No.3 seems a bit ambiguous. Passive No.5 too.
Hina's Passive No.6 is gives +5% to Cast Speed, instead of +25%.
Luna Child's Passive No.2 gives +5 to Silence Success Rate, instead of +15

Pu's Passive No.3 and No.6, 属性強度 was translated to 'Elemental Strength' in GoS.
In DoD, it gives bonus damage for attacking weaknesses , and DOES NOT give damage reduction for attacking strong spots unlike GoS.
By the way, No.6 should be +20%, instead of +10%

Angel's Passive No.1 gives ○Light
Buckbaird is actually Backbeard from Gegege no Kitaro. I think.
Sylph's Passive No.5 is Land : Lightning (65) instead of (60)

Garbangol's Passive No.1 is now just 'Auto-cover', which covers all allies with low health. (Sort of like Tibetan Doll)
By the way, Garbangol's 火事場のクソ力 comes from Kinnikuman. In this game, it gives a attack bonus when on low health.
Translated to Burning Inner Strength in some sources.

G-3 Passive No.2 should be 'Physical Skill attack speed : +5%' or something like that.
Furfur's Passive No.2 should be △Fire.
Hakurei Miko's Passive No.4,5,6 gives bonuses to both Light and Dark.

This file seems to be from an older version. Garbangol's passive changed from 'Auto-Cover : 25%' to just 'Auto-Cover' in 2.06.

That's all I can find for now.
Signature

« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2012, 10:55:00 PM »
Some terms:
転倒 - I agree that 'Stumble' is good.
能力変化 - Still is the same idea as in GoS so 'Variety'. Stat modification is a bit too long.
瞬間効果 -Still has the short identification as 'Quick'
状態異常 - 'Status'
コンディション- 'Condition' (Cond)
遅延- 'Cooldown' (CD) The delay between casts = cooldown. Just so it is not mistaken as delay until spell cast.

Descriptions may need rewording for shortest or clarity. We'll see.
Any opinions on brackets or no for gameplay terms? e.g Chen has 'Quick Success Rate:+5' (which will probably need to be made shorter) Would something like '[Quick] Rate:+5' be preferred?
I stripped 'element' from the descriptions, 'DRK power +10%'

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2012, 11:56:49 PM »
People who are playing this should be able to understand things like [Quick] Rate: +5 just fine. I see no problem at all with brackets, personally.
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2012, 01:49:31 AM »
能力変化 - Still is the same idea as in GoS so 'Variety'. Stat modification is a bit too long.

Any opinions on brackets or no for gameplay terms? e.g Chen has 'Quick Success Rate:+5' (which will probably need to be made shorter) Would something like '[Quick] Rate:+5' be preferred?
How about Stat Change? Stuff like "Variety Cooldown -1" seems... potentially confusing. Especially to people who have not played GoS.

And, is the space really small enough that that needs to be shorter? Oh wow. I suppose Japanese just makes space look so much bigger- which isn't surprising. All the other words I can think of putting in just seem either really clunky or are nearly as long (The only ones that are even worth mentioning are Proc Rate and Hit Rate, but Proc is somewhat obscure and hit-rate is a little strange looking; and Infliction which is only 2 characters shorter, although it's lots of thin Is and Ts if that makes any length difference here- if it does it's a good chunk shorter)

The brackets are interpretable enough, but I think it's slightly ghetto looking. Of course, if there isn't space for alternatives, then there just isn't space, and it works nicely enough.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2012, 09:28:50 AM »
Entire words being represented by one-space glyphs do that.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
Yeah  :derp: Even so, when I looked up a picture and counted out the number of english characters out, even in terms of small letters like i taking up the same space as a japanese moonrune thing, there seemed to be plenty of space left... I don't know if there's a magical cut-off point though, as there was in GoS for some things that looked like they had a lot more space. The bar for passive abilities is pretty large, so I figured it wouldn't be a big issue as long as those almost-all-elements-resisted ones were abbreviated along with the other occasional long special. But anyway.

Stat Mod could also function, anyway, on the matter of Stat Modification (As well as being a more literal way to make it shorter). Mod being used as a short-term for modification as opposed to moderator is fairly well known. Stat Change is a little more clear but also longer.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:07:20 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:21 PM »
I was editing the csv file through spreadsheet editor

And I used the size of the cell as my basis for length limitations

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2012, 03:32:14 AM »
Strawberry-bose released DoD 2.09 patch. They also updated Weekend to 3.01 and announced a new rpg apparently being released in december at Comiket 83.

« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2012, 03:45:35 AM »
The GoS patch is pretty minor for what it's worth, seems it's just fixing the Twitter integration that broke last month due to backend changes on Twitter's end, messed up aspect ratio in fullscreen, compatibility issues with xbox controllers, and some obscure stability bugs which is probably doublespeak for the subquest glitch being fixed.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2012, 03:49:21 AM »
Yeah. DoD patch is about the same from what I can tell, minus the fullscreen part.

New RPG is a collaboration with Hachikuma from what I can tell. Heard something about it maybe being shorter then the current ones...? But I don't know anything on that end. Given how soon it's coming after the DoD stuff that wouldn't be surprising, though.

« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2012, 04:03:29 AM »
Sweet, more good RPGs for Touhou!

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2012, 04:40:38 AM »
Strawberry-bose also did 東方百鬼合戦 as a collaboration work on C82.
Weird thing is that Hachikuma said that it will be an action game. Maybe there are two games?
Signature

« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
Being shorter than the current games would be a shame though, since DoD's main quest is only around 30 hours or so? I'm too slow and lazy to have finished the expansion, so I can't say much about that. Hopefully this new game will follow HM's possible path and retire the IaMP cast, they aren't bad but they've done way too much so far.

By the way, DoD already had the fullscreen thingy in an earlier patch, so that's why it didn't get it in this new patch.

« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
Hmm, I can't seem to find a way to open the .pak files and get the files inside it, how do you guys did it...? Sorry if this was asked before

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2012, 03:22:24 AM »
Hmm, I can't seem to find a way to open the .pak files and get the files inside it, how do you guys did it...? Sorry if this was asked before
Mauve The Wizard.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »

Various custom tools made specifically for the job. 

Looking at the text in game so far, we do have much more room than in GoS so I'll play around with that. Trying Status Effect(s) for 状態異常, Stat modify for 能力変化. Things like Quick may be referred to as Quick Effects, then.
For the shikigami, just a few of the larger changes センジュナマコたん (Meaning the animal:sea pig) I went with Senju Namako-tan,(Namako meaning Sea cucumber) to make more like a name.
虎々-Is Coco from Toranoana, 美虎 Miko, also of toranoana.
霞朱麗(しぁぢゅりー) Shajuri and 小瑠璃 is Koruri. 美人司書 -Beautiful Librarian

D袋 as D-Prize Bag to avoid calling to mind a certain insult/hygiene product. 

Will press on with monster names, likely skipping descriptions for now. Then on to item/skill names.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2012, 08:31:52 AM »
霞朱麗 more correctly would be Xia Zhuli

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »
Oh, yeah, I see. That would be correct. I took the しぁぢゅりー to English, but it only makes that pronunciation in pinyin. 10000 Kanji lashes for me, thanks for the catch.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
Uhh... I know it's a bit unrelated to the discussion right now but... TheNewGuy said the game includes every canon Touhou character up to Double Spoiler. Does that include some PC-98 characters as well...?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2012, 04:33:31 PM »
All the Mystic Square characters, including Mima.
Ibaraki Kasen, Genji and the Lunarians also make an appearance.
In the expansion.
Signature

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2012, 04:36:45 PM »
PC-98 Marisa and PC-98 Reimu are in the game as vanilla enemy-recruit/bonus shikigami with no story significance/dialogue. Genji is in too, and I erased everything else I said on the manner because to my surprise, I actually got cut by a post for the first time in this thread, that covered everything else.

Looking at the text in game so far, we do have much more room than in GoS so I'll play around with that.
Hooray!

Stat Modify sounds good, but Stat Modifier sounds like it might flow better given the context of things.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:51:37 PM by Serela »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
PC-98 Reimu

I'm sorry, what? I though there was only PC-98 Marisa. Where the hell is PC-98 Reimu?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Cor

« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2012, 02:18:11 AM »
Don't quote me on this, but I think she's around the 4th stratum stairway in a chest, if you've entered a code.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2012, 03:19:52 AM »
Hakurei Miko (PC-98 Reimu) is definitely somewhere in the game.

I forget where exactly, might be where Coreven said.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2012, 03:27:02 AM »
She's the ex promo code shikigami (stairway to 4th stratum) if you have any expansion code entered other then the one for Melon+Lemon-chan or Coco+Miko (as in... Tiger Miko. It was confusing before because Hakurei Miko was what the PC-98 Reimu was being called, and the person posting the codes just put Hakurei Miko on that one again)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »
Yeah, that Hakurei Miko name sounds misleading. Thanks for letting me know.

« Reply #146 on: November 24, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »
./meekly pokes the thread.
Not to be rude, but may I ask how progress or any unforeseen lack thereof is being made? It's a little scary to see the progress thread suddenly die like this :<
Whatever the case, I shall be watching and waiting warmly for future updates c:
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »
Thanksgiving saw me away from working for a bit. Tests and other things keep me busy as well. Monster names are done, though subject to changes still. I've plucked away at some of the items and skills. Will probably upload the raw files and some of the stuff done on them later on, so people can check them over.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2012, 06:23:50 PM »
So, I see this thread, and am really excited! :D

The most important things, to me at least, would be the core gameplay stuff, names, stats, equips, effects, that stuff... How much of the translation is complete for that? Would I be just fine if I were to attempt to use this stuffs with the actual game, or would I be :ohdear: and have issues?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2012, 08:28:48 PM »
Would I be just fine if I were to attempt to use this stuffs with the actual game, or would I be  and have issues?

You can't use the raw files directly on the game. They have to be converted back into .pak form using special programs.
It makes me wish I had a .pak packer and not just an unpacker.
But anyways, I'm excited to see that this is getting worked on still.